• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MH1 - Archmage's Charm
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
D7WlUpmV4AAuGtH.png:large

Good charm

Nov 2, 2017
Lovely new video by Spice 8 Rack, one of the most amusing newer Magic Youtubers. He breaks down and constantly mocks the entire War of the Spark novel.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Special sets like this usually have 20 mythics over 50 rares don't they? They've shown 9 mythics so far. I've never been so excited for card spoilers.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're basically just printing sweet cards that are way too strong for standard. Just calling to modern horizons as a catch all, since there are a ton of sweet commander cards here. Makes me want to buy a box.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
They're basically just printing sweet cards that are way too strong for standard. Just calling to modern horizons as a catch all, since there are a ton of sweet commander cards here. Makes me want to buy a box.

There's so much stuff that makes old Standard decks workable in Modern when they weren't before. It's incredible. It makes me want to build a Modern deck. Astral Slide, Squirrel Opposition, and more. I love this set for the format

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
elbogelion asked: Bit surprised to see another RG planeswalker. I was under the impression this was already the most saturated colour pairings among walkers, thus why one was killed off recently?
We came up with this cool planeswalker and they made the most sense in red/green.

May 24, 2019

wirelessreflexes asked: In your "Twenty Years, Twenty Lessons" talk, you said that Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded, was a mistake, as the design was primarily focused on designing a two-mana planeswalker. What changed in your approach that allowed Wrenn and Six to happen?
We didn't start with the goal of making a two-mana planeswalker. We started with bringing a Dryad and her Treefolk to life. Also, a two-color card has more room to play with a two-drop than a monocolored card.

May 24, 2019

spiritkhan asked: Which part is Wrenn and which part is Six?
Wrenn is the Dryad. Six is the Treefolk. Wrenn doesn't name them, so Six is the sixth Treefolk she's had.

May 24, 2019

So Wrenn is a female dryad.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. The resealable perfect fits are king. I just sleeved up my superfriends deck with them. If you have an expensive deck you should accept no substitute.

Found a website that did framing for trading cards, now I just have to find somewhere to hang them.

A0WkSiT.jpg

mok54ig.jpg

That looks excellent. What company did you use?

Last edited:

WolfofMebu

Oct 25, 2017
This is incredible. Congratulations, the frame job is very clean looking.
Thank you, had wanted to see about getting them all framed together, but places online I found couldn't ship something that large and the local framing store I checked out was incredibly expensive.

Ended up going through Frame My Collection

I hate collecting like this but even I'll admit that looks clean and classy. Very nice.

Thanks, definitely wanted to try and make it look as nice as possible, even though it's still going to be in a gaming room.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The absurd turns that Dreadhorde Explore produces on Arena make me giggle... but having to play this many planeswalkers makes me feel filthy.

I do not like Walker, Texas Ranger Standard.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
stochastic-e asked: Can we expect the full allied sword of _____ and _____ cycle in modern horizons?
No. The cycle starts in Modern Horizons, but doesn't end.

May 25, 2019

Looks like this cycle will be handled like the old Sword cycle, so two in this set, three in the next Modern Horizons.

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
3-1 Saturday for 5th place, 3-1 Sunday for 5th place. And I made Mythic for the first time in Arena. I've been playing so much Esper Hero I see it in my dreams.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Sword of what now? That's an awful name. All of the others are ideals or concepts or literal card names. This is just... things. Were they trying to channel Phyrexia with it? It's a bit on the nose. Something like 'Sword of Rage and Malice' would have been more in line with the cycle. Hell, even 'Sword of Smash and Kill' sounds better! I don't love either new Sword, they feel pretty low power compared to the first five in a vacuum. But we will see I suppose.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
They look more like EDH Swords, by the standards of which the Sword of Proliferate is more than fine, but this one is... a bit underwhelming. It'll just about always find one target, but a lot of the time it's just going to be incidentally nuking mana rocks.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
At least the B/R sword can attack the opponent's life and kill a PW at the same time. Sometimes you need to attack a PW with a Sword'd up dude which decreases the value because you don't get the trigger. This happens a lot in cube actually.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish it was destroy target creature or planeswalker, that would've been extremely playable.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shit that Yawgmoth. Now that's a cool card.

I really need to build that Infect EDH I've been dreaming of...

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm using him as a sac outlet for my Meren deck. It's so good. And the cool thing about it is that Meren is by Mark Winters as well. What an excellent artist.

Last edited:

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm using him as a sac outlet for my Meren deck. It's so good. And the cold thing about it is that Meren is by Mark Winters as well. What an excellent artist.

Oh yeah, I wasn't even thinking about Meren. You can even use his discard ability to put a creature in the graveyard to reanimate while also giving you more experience counters!

MH1 - Goblim Champion; Collector Ouphe; Spiteful Sliver (?)
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Goblin_Champion_JP.png

Goblin Champion
Haste, exalted
His heroic episodes gives people courage, but in fact all are fiction.
0/1

There's actually a comic that comes with the card
231.png

232.png

233.png
He's lying in the comic to encourage his comrades.

D7k1NVrX4AE5gCm.jpg:large

Seems like it could be big

j6syhb62er031.jpg

Spiteful Sliver

2R 2/2 Rare

All slivers you control have "When this creature is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to target Player or Planeswalker"

Boros Reckoner sliver.

And box art for Core Set 2020
0btgtt25tr031.jpg

Chandra fighting a spirit thing

Status
Not open for further replies.