• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Missed opportunity to name his tokens "Mons's Goblin Raiders." Like Kher Keep does.

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who missed out on slivers past, how does the current batch fare in MH? Worth making a start on them here?

Nov 2, 2017
The First Sliver is absolutely bonkers.

You could easily procure MOST of the old slivers for not a lot of money. The old 5-colour slivers though are obscenely expensive at this point.

MH1 - Llanowar Tribe
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
D7r6OY8VUAAJNch

Each of the Llanowar Elves got pumped up enough to become a 1/1

And I actually did make a joke about this in Discord before this was revealed, albeit a 5-mana 5/5 that adds GGGGG.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone been doing any vintage cube on MTGO? It's basically the only reason I log on to MTGO these days but man is it fun.

Oct 25, 2017
I love it. A lot. That's going straight in my CUbe. It's such a good curve off of a Llanowar Elves too. Get yourself 7 mana on turn 3. That's like Elvish Tron.

MTG Salvation shutting down
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I've thought of off-color entwine costs for a while, so it's neat to finally see them.

I also expected a card to have both convoke and delve, but Hogaak is much wackier than I expected.

In more somber news, MTG Salvation is shutting down. Before the rise of Reddit, this was the number one place to get card reveals and discussion thereof. Even during the first few MTG threads I created on GAF, I was often using them as a source of information. Ever since we started using Discord, I haven't gone there nearly as much, but it will still be weird to see it gone.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Salvation. From rising out of the ashes of MTGNews, to a horrific site redesign a few years ago that led to me never going back, to dead

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I guess that just leaves The Mana Drain and MTG The Source forum yeah?

As much money as MTG brings in, the online community can be quite lacking. The lion's share is spread out among Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter with little overlap.

Heaven forbid you're a content creator and get banned from /r/magictcg. You're dead in the water at that point.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I need that Answered Prayers in playmat form. I wonder what the artwork will sell for. I'd probably flip the bill to nab it.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I need that Answered Prayers in playmat form. I wonder what the artwork will sell for. I'd probably flip the bill to nab it.

Seb McKinnon's art is 80% digital for the most part. But, he does this really cool thing where he makes a single large canvas print to serve as the definitive 'original', with a quick painting on the reverse of the canvas. It's a good compromise for artists who work digitally, but want some of that auction payday.

He sold Bedevil for $5600 in this format (sketch included).

KWd9ovwl.jpg

t47jMey.jpg

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone been doing any vintage cube on MTGO? It's basically the only reason I log on to MTGO these days but man is it fun.
Yeah, I still have a ton of play points and vintage cube is fun indeed. Went 15-0 in the last five drafts*, often with janky decks lol. Blue is never open and I've been pleasantly surprised by Thief of Sanity, Gideon Blackblade and Light Up the Stage. You'd think these aren't terribly good cards when P9 is involved or maybe they are because of P9? My favourite play was when I janked a Tinker'd Inkwell Leviathan with Liliana's Triumph. That felt good. Still no Sol Ring to be seen.

Also how the hell is Ink-Eyes still in this cube?

*If you don't believe me...
modocube73lykyh.png

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Really curious when they are going to put a cube up on Arena- it would be a way to make use of all those SOI/KLD/AMK that are coded in the game but not actually available in the client right now.

Nov 2, 2017
Those new Noah Bradley original Onslaught cycle lands are gooooorgeous. Holy moly.

Gotta buy a wad of all of those to replace all the cycle lands in my EDH decks now.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I love that Heliod's Hall is a member of the Volrath's Stronghold and Academy Ruins cycle. I can't think of a red or green version, are there any?

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I love that Heliod's Hall is a member of the Volrath's Stronghold and Academy Ruins cycle. I can't think of a red or green version, are there any?

Nah. A green one would be easy - it would get lands back most likely, even if that's kind of boring.

Red is more difficult. Instant and Sorcery are both probably too powerful. Maybe a random card, but that still seems open to abuse

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It just occurred to me that Volrath and Voldemort both start with "Vol" so I looked up the reasoning and found this:

-vol- -vol- comes from Latin, where it has the meaning "wish; will.'' This meaning is found in such words as: benevolent, involuntary, malevolent, volition, voluntary, volunteer.

Pretty cool.

Haha that fucking red one

Volrath's Stronghold was actually part of a 5-year Mega Cycle https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/mega-mega-cycle-2005-10-19
Blue: Teferi's Ise
Black: Volrath's Stronghold
Green: Yavmayia Hollow
White: Kor Haven
Red: Keldon Necropolis

Originally sure, but now there's 3 in the Volrath's Stronghold template. This is an intersecting cycle if I ever saw one.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

lol, MaRo tried to do one of his guessing games but because the card already leaked, it was guessed right away.

Izzy

Oct 25, 2017
MODERN DECK IDEA
4x Narset
4x Teferi 3
4x Days Undoing
4x Echo of Eons

So I'm not clear on the priority rules, is there a point in the opponents turn after they draw but before they go into their main phase that you could use t3feri to cast Days or Echo to leave them with nothing in hand and no chance to cast?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm not clear on the priority rules, is there a point in the opponents turn after they draw but before they go into their main phase that you could use t3feri to cast Days or Echo to leave them with nothing in hand and no chance to cast?
You can cast it in their draw phase, after they draw their card for the turn
This interaction most comes up in standard- you Plus Teferi, and then Thought Erasure them in their draw step after they draw their card to make them discard it before they can cast it (Teferi prevents them from acting at instant speed)

Status
Not open for further replies.