• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this has been happening in Toronto for the past few weeks. At a big rally in support of Hong Kong a few weeks ago a bunch of this rich mainlander kids showed up and revved their $150,000 cars' engines constantly to disrupt the event.

It's unbelievably pathetic.

It's funny because they never make payments on those cars; cars get repo'd, and these fucks go back to China or whatever to avoid payments for said cars, student loans, etc.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't there a thread and some articles a while back about how the mainland government attempts to keep taps on students abroad, and have students report on each other who disparage the communist party?

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Canada has a long history of imported beef. Remember the situation with the Tamils and the Sri Lankans? Then go back long enough and you have the beef between the Irish Protestants and Catholics.

The Air India bombing as well.

Also, weren't CCP supporters engaging pro-HK demonstrators in Toronto last week as well?

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
"Deport them back"

Yikes at some of the far right rethoric I am reading here.
deportation isn't exlusive to the right, vandalism is too minor a crime to warrant deportation but the sentiment of people disturbing peace to be sent home is reactive but hardly automatically far right.
Given some of them could be canadian citizens potentially born there so it should be prefaced that if they are visa holders I wouldn't mind if that would be revoked

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Wasn't there a thread and some articles a while back about how the mainland government attempts to keep taps on students abroad, and have students report on each other who disparage the communist party?

Yep, essentially a spy organization to ensure steadfast loyalty and flow of information. Also, not a so long ago, there was a huge outcry from said mainlanders when a student body head gave a pro-Tibet speech.

And then you go south to Aus and NZ where there are reports of news outlets that are critical of CCP being muzzled.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some people escape hardship in their own country only to bring baggage to their new country. Terrible all around and should be curbed by security or police imo.
These kids didn't escape hardship. They are all fuerdai, second gen rich kids that have never done shit except be spoiled their whole lives.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
"Deport them back"

No. Countries deport egregious criminal elements who are not citizens (and even then under certain circumstances that can be revoked if it was attained via naturalization),permanent residents & landed immigrants. Temporary VISAs are granted on conditional basis that can be revoked under violation of said conditions and the entire agreement is consented to by the applicants.

Last edited:

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Fools like this give immigrants a bad look. These kids are rich af mofos too, so they have 0 skin in the game

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep, essentially a spy organization to ensure steadfast loyalty and flow of information. Also, not a so long ago, there was a huge outcry from said mainlanders when a student body head gave a pro-Tibet speech.

And then you go south to Aus and NZ where there are reports of news outlets that are critical of CCP being muzzled.

Yea, this shit is crazy and needs way more eyes and scrutiny both from hosting government and actual people. Issue is it's sensitive because there is a pretty fine line between being critical of the CCP basically using and abusing the international education system and straight up xenophobia.

lol...hardship...these are spoiled ass rich kids.

Yea, basically.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
At some point we really need to start scrutinizing whether or not it's worth it to take tuition money from these fuerdai. The universities clearly benefit, maybe some of that money should go back to the local community w/ larger taxes on universities that take over a quota of these students.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Worst that happened to my Taiwanese girlfriend and I was getting browbeaten by a random Chinese tourist in Australia who decided it was time to yell at her at baggage claim about being part of China. These nationalists are something else.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
"Deport them back"

If they're international students (likely I think, given the location) they should be expelled and if they're not going to school they're violating the terms of their visa.

if they're naturalized citizens then obviously they shouldn't be "deported".

In any case it's not they're not like refugees who would be sent back to unfavorable conditions. They're dual citizens. Not anything like far right rhetoric.

Tamerlane

Oct 27, 2017
At some point we really need to start scrutinizing whether or not it's worth it to take tuition money from these fuerdai. The universities clearly benefit, maybe some of that money should go back to the local community w/ larger taxes on universities that take over a quota of these students.

Universities are accepting more foreign students because government funding is not keeping up. The provincial government in Ontario just forced tuition cuts. One of the classes im taking that is fundamental to engineering is only going to have 1/4 labs marked because they can't afford more TAs

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
deportation isn't exlusive to the right, vandalism is too minor a crime to warrant deportation but the sentiment of people disturbing peace to be sent home is reactive but hardly automatically far right.
Given some of them could be canadian citizens potentially born there so it should be prefaced that if they are visa holders I wouldn't mind if that would be revoked
Of course, because laws are always just. Those are 100% right wing talking points and they also refer to those racist laws to justify their bigotry and xenophobia.
How quick and reactionary people are that their first reaction to seeing immigrants doing something unlawful or unsightly is to say that they should be deported. Shameful, as it shows how deeply rooted this racist rethoric is.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
This shit made me so mad. I just want to run though my screen and bum rush all those fuckers.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
To be honest, i would expelled and deport them. This is also not the first time something like this happened, 60% of GermanTurks voted for Erdogan, while enjoying freedom and democracy in Germany...

Things like this should have consequences!

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Fucking pathetic. These rich dipshits are nothing but trouble wherever they go. Think they own the place smh.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, because laws are always just. Those are 100% right wing talking points and they also refer to those racist laws to justify their bigotry and xenophobia.
How quick and reactionary people are that their first reaction to seeing immigrants doing something unlawful or unsightly is to say that they should be deported. Shameful, as it shows how deeply rooted this racist rethoric is.
are they immigrants? Heck they could even be natural born citizens, hard to tell. I believe the presumption was that they were international students.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
If they're international students (likely I think, given the location) they should be expelled and if they're not going to school they're violating the terms of their visa.

if they're naturalized citizens then obviously they shouldn't be "deported".

In any case it's not they're not like refugees who would be sent back to unfavorable conditions. They're dual citizens. Not anything like far right rhetoric.
Yea, and you don't know that. You don't know their residency situation. Canada has a huge chinese population. Yet because these are asian faces, people can't help themself but throw around right wing bullshit like "deport them" as their first thought.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017

These kids most likely aren't immigrants.

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like it is worth posing the question to them, "if you support the party so much, why are you getting an education in another country?"

Honestly, it's because foreign education is valued highly in mainland China. Specific universities have quite a lot of cultural clout in Asia - for instance, the LSE in London has a high proportion of PRC students due to its perceived value in China. It also doesn't help that Tsinghua and the rest of the top tier mainland universities have a massive cheating problem.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Yea, and you don't know that. You don't know their residency situation. Canada has a huge chinese population. Yet because these are asian faces, people can't help themself but throw around right wing bullshit like "deport them" as their first thought.

Trash is trash, wherever they're from. If these were pro Bolsonaro, Putin, whatever supporters doing the same shit, deport them too.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I'm wondering if this would be allowed to happen in the USA. Would people dock them on the spot? I sure hope they would.

I dont know but this is highly disrespectful for a foreigner and I think this would allow for authorities to arrest, detain and deport these fucks.

As an immigrant, this pisses me off. Not chinese but still gives everyone else a bad look.

I hope some government agency can use this video to identify and go after their asses.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
This reminds me of the story where Pro Edorgan thugs attacked protesters on U.S Soil and nothing was done about it. Shameful behavior happening in a so called free nation.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
It's great that people see a Chinese face and their first instinct is "We need to deport these horrible foreigners."
Newsflash, theres plenty of regular citizens who are of Chinese descent in Western countries who support the Mainland.
This disgusting rhetoric already gets me harrassed on the streets of Sydney by cunts telling me I'm going to get deported (I am a citizen here???) so I'd rather not make it mainstream.
But hey, since they're foreigners and have foreign looking faces, whatever right?

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017

Yep, I know of various chinese students and immigrants here in Portugal that keep tabs on other chinese people and report back to the CCP. Even stuff like girls dating white men, getting drunk or smoking weed is reported.

It wouldn't surprise me if this behavior seen in the video was encouraged by the CCP.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
God am I in a fucking Trump forum now? This kind of rhetoric ensures I will be getting murdered/bashed on the street for the crime of being Chinese in the near future I guess.
Harrassment already happens quite regularly to some of my international friends and regular Aussie Asians, I've been called a CCP spy even with my thick Australian accent and physically threatened by drunk cunts who are mad at Chinese people for the crime of existing I guess?

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
It's great that people see a Chinese face and their first instinct is "We need to deport these horrible foreigners."
Newsflash, theres plenty of regular citizens who are of Chinese descent in Western countries who support the Mainland.
This disgusting rhetoric already gets me harrassed on the streets of Sydney by cunts telling me I'm going to get deported (I am a citizen here???) so I'd rather not make it mainstream.
But hey, since they're foreigners and have foreign looking faces, whatever right?
Ah yes how dare we want people who *checks notes* commit crimes in the name of a brutal and evil dictatorship to leave