• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am going to have a stroke seeing the mental gymnastics of the political right to explain how we have potentially four standalone lone wolves with mental health issues from the same people who claim one crazy Sharia radical is a sign that they're a unified worldwide cell influenced and driven by the same sources, beliefs, and ideas...
how many minorities have to die before you acknowledge that there is a systemic neonazi problem throughout the western world?

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Sorry meant to say that I haven't heard of such tragedies from that part of the world. I thought it was safe there. Doesn't Australia ban guns?

Usually mass shootings of this nature are confined to NA no?
Australia yes, NZ no.

But yes this does seem unusual for New Zealand. I have the impression that it's a pretty easy going country in general.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I learned a lot more about it after the thq ama. I simply can't believe it exists and is allowed to be accessed by anyone, kid or otherwise, with ease. It's fucking disgusting and needs to be shut down.

Hardly with ease, 8Chan was delisted by Google, so you have to search for a link. It's a fucking cesspit though, everyone and everything too edgy for 4Chan and Reddit ends up there, that should tell you something.

Shifty

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely heartbreaking.

God how many more times do these tragedies need to happen before more people understand the harm right wing hatefulness brings.

Oct 26, 2017
the rooftops.
I've just visited 8chan for the first and last time in my life. I can't believe it got this bad; they really, really are glorifying this. People talking about the death count like its a high score, calling him a chad, venerating his 'putting down' the 'invader scum'. I was on /b/ quite a bit in my early teens (05-07) and I wish I could have understood back then just how fucked up of an environment it really was. I am sickened, fucking sickened how familiar it all feels, how I can identify its origins in my own teenage years. The websites all need to be destroyed and the users all need to go on watch lists.

Absolutely this. Fuck these hateful edgelord pricks.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
I just read the guy's "manifesto".
He is not insane. But he is a monster who worships the deity of race and is ready to kill others as an offering to it. It would be better if he were insane; but rather, he is one fruit among many of those who spend their time online looking at memes that dehumanize others, and then going outside and interpreting reality through these.

I am annoyed by the couple of Christian justifications he mentions (although he himself is not Christian), but it would probably be against the staff post to say what they are and what my response is.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
this is hitting me harder than most mass shootings do. Probably the 15 seconds of the video I watched.

More and more I'm thinking about quitting my job in a few years and trying to join the FBI to try and help stop stuff like this. Its so sickening.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
It blows my mind how frustratingly pseudo-intelligent these kinds of people are. They use big words and tone to try and sound smart to bring credence to their views...

"Don't belong in western countries"

NZ isn't even in the West.

West = white and developed. It's a definition used by pretty much everyone, not just the right. Of all the things to pull them up on...

necrosis

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Candice Owens was named as a direct influence in the manifesto, apparently.

And of course, her first reply to this tragedy on Twitter was, literally, "LOL!"

These scumfucks weasel out. Always. PewDiePie is probably gonna spin his casual advertising of white supremacy as an unprovoked motivator of sorts.

The fact these people can't condemn that their attitudes and beliefs can even drive people to do this is maddening.

i shouldn't be surprised because right-wingers are universally garbage people but

i'm honestly speechless

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Hardly with ease, 8Chan was delisted by Google, so you have to search for a link. It's a fucking cesspit though, everyone and everything too edgy for 4Chan and Reddit ends up there, that should tell you something.
I think clicking a link is still too easy. I happened across it no problem after that thq fiasco. There are a lot of sickos in the world and they've festered enough on these sites. Even 4chan and reddit moderators should crack down on these people. And if they can't police themselves someone should take charge and do it for them.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I'm surprised the cops didn't light him up. Please don't watch the video. It's sickening and I got trolled into watching a little bit. Really sad. Real life Call of Duty.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
This guy had to have been pretty well-off to purchase that much of an arsenal on the Australian black market, right? I am still trying to figure out how he amassed such weaponry.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
i shouldn't be surprised because right-wingers are universally garbage people but

i'm honestly speechless

I honestly think she's freaking out and going into some sort of irony joke mode as a defence because this is really bad news for her.

Which is not at all exculpatory she's been drumming up right wing hate against Muslims for ages now she can't wash her hands of this.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

New Zealand Police

UPDATE 5
Police can now confirm the lock down of schools throughout Christchurch has been lifted.
We would like to reassure members of the public that there is a large Police presence in the city and the safety of the community is our priority.