• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
SPOILERS FOR MMPR and Go Go Power Rangers comic spoilers post-Shattered Grid ahead.

Also info comes from the Power Morphicon 2018 panel detailing what's going on after Shattered Grid.

Dk_IdM7U8AAhf-c.jpg:large

Dk_IdM6UUAAF5HB.jpg:large

Dk_IdM6VAAAuNVp.jpg:large

MMPR 32 will see the debut of the Solar Ranger, a new ranger created by writer Marguerite Bennett for the "Beyond the Grid" storyline. The Dark Ranger has also been revealed to be Heckyl from Power Rangers Dino Charge. How Heckyl became the Dark Ranger will be explored in MMPR 35: The Origin of the Dark Ranger, on shelves in January 2019.

Go Go Power Rangers will also have a shakeup after it returns in October 2018 (September's issue will be a "summer break" one shot).

Dk_Jj16WsAAWPNe.jpg:large

Dk_Jj1_XoAA7Tx1.jpg:large

Dk_Jj2BW4AIf_B7.jpg:large

Trini finally gets her man, and somehow the rangers have switched colors. Boom didn't reveal how or why the color switch happened. This marks our second asian Red (Peter Sudarso was our first on Power Ranger Hyperforce) and first Asian, female red. This will also be our second male, pink ranger (and our first black one), after the 1969 MMPR team.

Go Go Power Rangers will also explore how Rita got the green power coin. Writer Ryan Parrott also stated that we'll also see a "side of Babboo that we've never seen before."

Go Go Power Rangers will still be written by Ryan Parrott, meanwhile the artist is changing to Eleonora Carlini.

Oh and as a fun aside, when asked how he'd sum up the ending to Shattered Grid, MMPR comic writer Kyle Higgins said "Drakkon wins." So, yeah, this'll be interesting.

And if you're interested in reading the Shattered Grid storyline without buying all the issues, here's a handy selection of the upcoming collections.

Dk_Nf8VX4AE59NN.jpg:large

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Finally Trini getting more respect she deserves.

Thought interest would wind down after the current event but nope this really excites me as well.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Man Trini looks dope as a red ranger!

I really love these status quo shake ups, they're awesome lol.

I wondered if Jason and Lauren will get together after Shattered Grid tho, they seemed to get along really well

power-rangers-two-red-rangers-1110505.jpeg

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Man Trini looks dope as a red ranger!

I really love these status quo shake ups, they're awesome lol.

I wondered if Jason and Lauren will get together after Shattered Grid tho, they seemed to get along really well

power-rangers-two-red-rangers-1110505.jpeg
Their ruined kiss made me laugh. I think pairing them up would be kinda complicated, though. If the timelines merged again, Jason would be way too old for Lauren. If they were kept separate...I'm pretty sure she's in her 20s while Jason's a teenager still.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The Solar Ranger design is godlike.

Yea it's a sweet design. Do we know who the Solar Ranger is?

Their ruined kiss made me laugh. I think pairing them up would be kinda complicated, though. If the timelines merged again, Jason would be way too old for Lauren. If they were kept separate...I'm pretty sure she's in her 20s while Jason's a teenager still.

Ah, understandable but annoying. Even then I would like a mini arc where we get some proper closure. I feel like the last issue might not have enough room for everything.

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Yea it's a sweet design. Do we know who the Solar Ranger is?
Nah not yet. Some people think it might be
Karone, since she left for the moon mission, yet doesn't actually appear on the cover art with the rest of the team.

The Shattered Grid #1 story is around 75 pages long, so I think they should have enough there to tie up a lot of things while also leaving things for Go Go and Beyond the Grid.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Yo, I haven't read any Power Rangers comics, but that Solar Ranger design it rad! I also haven't heard of Dan Mora, and now I'm obsessed with his art,

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, I haven't read any Power Rangers comics, but that Solar Ranger design it rad! I also haven't heard of Dan Mora, and now I'm obsessed with his art,
His art is just on the go go power rangers comics. The mainline mmpr comics are done by different artists.

Mora just finished his last issue with go go power rangers #12, although it looks like he's still doing cover art until who knows when.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
The color swap is a little weird but I'll read. I'm surprisingly okay with it as long as the team is intact.

They aren't done with Rita yet either.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Trini (my childhood crush) hooking up with Jason (my childhood hero) gives me an incredible overwhelming flow of emotions with a hint of envy.
I was expecting it to go nowhere after the homecoming incident and how MMPR Jason was being pushed with Laura (also not a bad hook up, but I knew the eventual timeline correction would ruin that).
I honestly wish Thuy Trang was alive today to see all this.
I appreciate Boom! giving Trini her overdue spotlight

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
More power ranger goodness. Love how Boom is shaking things up even after shattered grid. Then again, I was really pleased with how Go Go handled Matt, Kimberly's pre-power rangers boyfriend. The fact that he's remained in the story has been pretty interesting.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
GO GO, is set before Tommy joins the Rangers.
MMPR is the mainline with Tommy already on the team.

PINK miniseries is set after the team change(Tommy to white, Adam, Rocky, etc)

Zack, Trini and Kim are on a temporary team.

To be specific, Pink Ranger miniseries takes place during the late Ninja-era, after Kim left and before the time reversal episode. (The comic implies theres a time gap between those 2 episodes)

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're what my nostalgia remembers the show being, more than the reality.

I wish Toei would allow an animated series like the comics.

That's a good point, an animated PR series seems like a no brainer. Has it just been a thing Toei hasn't allowed to this point?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That's a good point, an animated PR series seems like a no brainer. Has it just been a thing Toei hasn't allowed to this point?
Toei doesn't like animated versions of it live action properties. They just allowed people to write novels based on them. Partly to avoid diluting the brand, partly because of nostalgia, and i think partly because they don't want people to realize they are still using 90s cgi.

Oct 25, 2017
They're what my nostalgia remembers the show being, more than the reality.

I wish Toei would allow an animated series like the comics.
Honestly its the direction I think Hasbro should go to retain more of an audience after they age out from the super young aimed current series.

Current series format would remain super cheap and aimed at 5 year olds,

this would be animated or CWish and pick up those kids at 9/10ish and carry them through teens and early 20's,
it would be more expensive and not reliant on Sentai but it would open Power Rangers to a wider audience expanding merchandise potential in return.

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
I really need to get into this, but there are a lot of comics to keep track of and it's a bit daunting.

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Are there collected editions of these? I'd like to read it but I fear I'm too far out to read current content without being kinda confused.
Yep! Both of the books have volumes out right now I believe MMPR is up to volume 4 while go go just released its first volume. Both of those will get you to just before shattered grid starts, then you can pick up the shattered grid issues from there. I'd link everything, but I'm on mobile right now.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Yep! Both of the books have volumes out right now I believe MMPR is up to volume 4 while go go just released its first volume. Both of those will get you to just before shattered grid starts, then you can pick up the shattered grid issues from there. I'd link everything, but I'm on mobile right now.
Fantastic! Thanks for all the info, I'll just toss them in my Amazon cart right now

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic! Thanks for all the info, I'll just toss them in my Amazon cart right now
No problem! I'd double check to see what issues are included in those volumes first. Don't wanna rebuy stuff that you don't have to.

Edit
Go go volume 1 includes issues 1-4, so you need volume one and the issues 5-12.

Buying the first 5 volumes of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers will get you issues 1-20, so you need to buy 21-30.

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
What happen to the storyline of him being evil in the future and having the White and Green ranger powers together?
That's still there. Soul of the Dragon is just a one off that shows what Tommy's life would be like during the time of SPD in 2025.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard a lot of good stuff about the Power Ranger comics but I have no idea where to start them. Like is the original show canon to the comic? Is the comic a sequel? So confused lol.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard a lot of good stuff about the Power Ranger comics but I have no idea where to start them. Like is the original show canon to the comic? Is the comic a sequel? So confused lol.

So the MMPR comic picks up right after the Green with Evil storyline from the original series. That's really all you'd need to watch, but it's pretty well explained in the comic on its own.

Go Go Power Rangers! is a prequel comic running alongside MMPR about events before the Green with Evil storyline.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Damn this shit looks good, I might need to start reading Power Rangers comics