Major Server Upgrade - Scheduled Maintenance: Thursday 8:00AM GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
After examining data gathered from events like The Game Awards in December and the Nintendo Direct in March, we’ve learned a lot about how our software and site responds to big surges in traffic. Behind the scenes, our talented team of experts have been working to apply this knowledge to our E3 preparations.

Keeping the site operational throughout E3 without any compromises in functionality is an ambitious technical undertaking. In many ways we are attempting to compress years of growing pains into the space of months. Our tech team are the unsung heroes giving their all to make this possible.

Their efforts will now bear fruit in the form of another major upgrade to our server architecture on Thursday morning at 12:00AM PST / 3:00AM EST / 8:00AM GMT.

Our team will be attempting to carry out this procedure with minimal interruptions. You may, nevertheless, experience some turbulence around that time.

When we're done, we expect to be better prepared to deliver the E3 experience you deserve.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Will the redesign be improved according to the community's feedback?
This is a server upgrade, not a site update. There will be no visual differences -- this is about trying to make sure that the site remains online while megatons are dropping.

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck for the servers keeping up with the pressure that E3 will create.

It'll be a fantastic stress test, that's for sure!

Mar 9, 2018
Nice, but sorry for saying this: I still hope the forum breaks on the megatons.

Its like part of the E3 experience, if the website dies its a true megaton.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason why giphy gifs do not work on this site when I paste the link? It's like the only place that won't work and the most prevalent gif source, but I can't use it Dx

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you doing it around image tags?
Like am I using the image icon in the comment next to media? If that's your question, yeah :( what I do for the link is I find it on google images, select the image, then right click to "open image in new tab". I copy paste the link from that new tab containing only the gif I want to use, but only get this

... oh it's fixed now I guess xD thanks! I've been dying because of the hundreds gifs I couldn't use before

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Like am I using the image icon in the comment next to media? If that's your question, yeah :( what I do for the link is I find it on google images, select the image, then right click to "open image in new tab". I copy paste the link from that new tab containing only the gif I want to use, but only get this

... oh it's fixed now I guess xD thanks! I've been dying because of the hundreds gifs I couldn't use before

This made my day

Dec 7, 2017

wait, it works if you put it in the image tag??!!! I feel so dumb, i've been trying to put them in the media tag and it obviously never works.

Jan 3, 2018
Any chance to describe the infrastructure at hand thats powering resetera? Perhaps something like this already exists somewhere. Would be interested nevertheless :)

Status
Not open for further replies.