• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
"The Kulaks deserved it!" is just as shitty and violence supporting edgy garbage as Pewdipie joking "Kill the jews!" Except the former is tolerated on supposed Leftist websites. Thankfully ERA tends to ban folks who do the former though.

This whole "class consciousness and white supremacy are two sides of the same coin" bullshit just does work on behalf of the racists.

If your support for their cause is unintentional you should probably keep it to yourself.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just saw someone post the livestream video on the DOOM subreddit with the soundtrack to the game over it :|

It's unbelievable, ugh.

Reddit admins and hosting sites are nuking this at a quick pace thankfully, this whole event was planned carefully with social media in mind so the perpetrators could capitalize on the media cycle it would generate. It's why they chose to reference seemingly irrelevant pop culture touchstones and livestream the event.

Oct 30, 2017
It really makes you think. I've seen a few Shapiro videos, the usual "logic arguments". He comes off as a well-spoken and well-thought out person. Then I heard some of his views regarding Palestine, and I looked into it some more. Surprise surprise at what I found.

Yet kids and even more kids hang on to his videos and watch them all. It's more than a little scary.
Use a decent vocabulary, speak clearly, concisely, and with confidence in your ideology and you can convince people of a lot.

But he's not a particularly deep thinker. Because conservative ideology isn't deep nor is it built to stand up to historical scrutiny.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I apologize if I was overly graphic. To me those details signify the sheer level of hatred on display and need to be ingrained into minds to show what it is everyone is up against. Its more than just someone took random shots at individuals. This was pure methodical hatred and evil on display and it needs to be known because its getting worse and its spreading.

No apologies necessary, you're good and yeah I think you're right, it is important and needs to be known. I think I just needed someone to say that to make help make it feel ok for me. Thank you.

This shit sucks... still trying to process it.

Deleted member 52407

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 23, 2019
This may have been discussed already, but what do you think about him mentioning Candace Owens?

Do you think by him mentioning her that it is a case of misdirection or is he legitimate?

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory Commentary
I just saw the photo of the shooter and I immediately felt a burning desire to make him suffer and then kill him , his whole family too and erase his whole genetic code out of existence. Had the same reaction yesterday with the video.

I don't tend to have these kind of irrational thoughts or feelings.........

Oct 30, 2017
You can't be serious. Responsabilities for what? He has over 80 millions subscribers ffs
Hope you're still reading.
Instead of asking, "Responsibility for what?"

Let's ask ourselves a more relevant and important question. Why is PewDiePie on this guy's mind as he's murdering people?
Why do his subscribers in his chats post vile shit in comment sections? Why do they swarm people who critique him? Why did someone deface a WW2 monument in his name? Why did he recommend anti semitic youtube channels? Why do people defend him using racial and homophobic slurs?

Whether or not PewDiePie should take responsibility for this isn't particularly important. But he should take some responsibility to privately and publically reflect on this stuff. Guy has a huge platform that isn't being wielded for good. Being a passive moderate is bad. But leaning into your right wing fans is worse. And at best he's leaning into them.

Oct 29, 2017
This may have been discussed already, but what do you think about him mentioning Candace Owens?

Do you think by him mentioning her that it is a case of misdirection or is he legitimate?
Robert Evans at Bellingcat, a war journalist who has written extensively about the old and modern far right thinks the mention of Owens is misdirection in order to make people fight and argue.

He's taken a few points that he infers are the terrorists actual beliefs but has used the shitposting and legitimate beliefs in order to assume that several mentions we meant to be intentionally divisive and that Owens is one of those.

-edit-

Why are people talking about PewDiePie? The only reference I remember to him seems far more about 'memes' than it does about any ideological similarity.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Ok so english isn't my first language so maybe I'm misunderstanding him given the reaction to this in the thread.

But to me he obviously isn't implying that he "understands" his motives as in he can see why he was angry at muslims but he means it more in the sense of it is clear what the shooter wants to do and what he wants to achieve as in create tension and hatred amongst people.
I didn't interpret understandable as a synonym for agreeing in this instance but more "understandable what he's trying to do"=it is obvious what his intentions on the political level are".

I dunno, maybe I'm giving him too much credit

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone said, I don't remember if it was on this forum or twitter, Ben Shapiro is a dumb person's idea of an intelligent person.
When he starts talking fast and has that weird off camera stare, I expect his eyes to roll to the back of head and foam to start coming out of his mouth. It's like IQ points are physically leaving his body when he's revved up like that.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I just saw the photo of the shooter and I immediately felt a burning desire to make him suffer and then kill him , his whole family too and erase his whole genetic code out of existence. Had the same reaction yesterday with the video.

This is some Liam Neeson level outrage. I'd be careful with that if i were you.

I understand the anger towards him though.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Use a decent vocabulary, speak clearly, concisely, and with confidence in your ideology and you can convince people of a lot.

But he's not a particularly deep thinker. Because conservative ideology isn't deep nor is it built to stand up to historical scrutiny.

It's funny how this never seems to work when it's a minority figure talking about equality or justice.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Ok so english isn't my first language so maybe I'm misunderstanding him given the reaction to this in the thread.

But to me he obviously isn't implying that he "understands" his motives as in he can see why he was angry at muslims but he means it more in the sense of it is clear what the shooter wants to do and what he wants to achieve as in create tension and hatred amongst people.
I didn't interpret understandable as a synonym for agreeing in this instance but more "understandable what he's trying to do=it is obvious what his intentions on the political level are".
I dunno, maybe I'm giving him too much credit
English isn't your first language so I'll try to cut you a break but we don't use the word "understandable" in any other context other than to express sympathy. You don't use it when you're just trying to convey that you understand something in a clinical sense.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
No I saw a tweet mentioned earlier in the thread from H3H3 or whatever that had the same "do not share" mantra as Shapiro
It's a pretty popular sentiment, and a sound one, in a sense. The argument being that all this media attention to the shooter, the amount of victims, his manifesto, ... might end up attracting copy cats. It's just that everyone with half a brain knows why that shapiro fella is saying it in this particular instance.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This whole "class consciousness and white supremacy are two sides of the same coin" bullshit just does work on behalf of the racists.

If your support for their cause is unintentional you should probably keep it to yourself.

Stalinist's and Nazi's are the same type of people, who use the same tactics, have the same culture, and same end goals.

The fact that you equate violent genocidal Stalinist sloganeering with "class consciousness" says way more about you. If you can't come down on the side of "joking about mass murder of ethnic groups is bad" then you should keep that to yourself. There's no room for that level of indecency and dehumanization.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't sleep last night, because of the news and also no joke I was afraid that this would be some kind of globally coordinated terrorist attack and more white supremacists would go on a shooting spree this morning in the US

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
For promoting this shit on his channel.

"Oops I just used the N-word"

"Oops I just endorsed a neo-Nazi YouTube channel".

He's just kiddin'

Oops I just endorsed genocide. It was just a prank bro!

These people will only be held responsible when the law treats them as coconspirators.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Uh. Wtf

Deleted member 52407

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Robert Evans at Bellingcat, a war journalist who has written extensively about the old and modern far right thinks the mention of Owens is misdirection in order to make people fight and argue.

He's taken a few points that he infers are the terrorists actual beliefs but has used the shitposting and legitimate beliefs in order to assume that several mentions we meant to be intentionally divisive and that Owens is one of those.

-edit-

Why are people talking about PewDiePie? The only reference I remember to him seems far more about 'memes' than it does about any ideological similarity.

Yeah, thanks. I just read that Bellingcat article an hour ago, but I had assumed it was a red-herring by mentioning Owens. PewDiePie is a red-herring too and just a way for white nationalist to infect any topic involving him. Its not hard to imagine white nationalist reaching for PewDiePie's massive audience in a bid to "recruit." Their tool is subversion and the best way to do this is through meme's and Pie's one of the biggest meme-generators on the internet due to his immense popularity. White nationalism is tired of living in the fringes. It's the mainstream that they want and Pie, subversion, memes, and pop culture are the vectors they will co-op, willing or unwilling.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017

I don't blame you for having such anger, but that wouldn't do much to stop there ideology spreading. Another one of these guys are right around the corner already plotting their next attack. We need to tackling the individual who promote these hate ideology these people listen to. Babies are not born to target who to hate, society teaches them this.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No I saw a tweet mentioned earlier in the thread from H3H3 or whatever that had the same "do not share" mantra as Shapiro
This isn't an unheard of mantra and I don't believe it's rooted in conservative conspiracy. Most make this argument as a way to prevent the glorification of the individual--and a way of discouraging copy-cat behavior. But that doesn't mean conservatives won't say the same thing with different motivation.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Stalinist's and Nazi's are the same type of people, who use the same tactics, have the same culture, and same end goals.

The fact that you equate violent genocidal Stalinist sloganeering with "class consciousness" says way more about you. If you can't come down on the side of "joking about mass murder of ethnic groups is bad" then you should keep that to yourself. There's no room for that level of indecency and dehumanization.

Ah, yes, of course we must condemn the violence on both sides folks lots of bad people on both sides believe me folks don't forget about the radical violent left folks believe me

Lol, well in that case, my thoughts and prayers are also with the members of the ethnic group "rich person." May they find shelter from the violence that has been historically levelled against them for reasons beyond their control.