• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't New Zealand have strict gun control laws?

Regardless, it's completely fucked how this keeps happening

White supremacy is a lethal disease

Very much so. I've never even heard of someone owning one outside of farmers.
The fact that they're apparently Australians would make that even more difficult to have these kinds of weapons.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Hm... On 8chan, the board owner of /v/ is strongly disturbed by the people cheering on the shooter (parts of what he said: "WHAT THE FUCK MAN? Fucking [redacted], it was meant to be a fucking larp. A FUCKING LARP. You don't fucking kill people and fucking joke about it you mentally ill fuck. What a fucking retarded psychopath. . . . Yes we make jokes about Hitler and Jews and Blacks, but it's the same shit as the satan shit in the 70's. No one deserves to die, because of their race, religion or their genitals.") and is getting mocked by a lot of people as a result.
It would seem that at least some people over there did not think that this whole hateful nonsense was serious. But the vast majority of the site is in favor of the shooter. If 8chan doesn't get shut down, it's very well possible that the non-serious "memey" users will simply leave, and the site will become even more vile than it already is...

edit: Missed an offensive swear there. Removed it.
"Any community that gets its kicks by pretending to be idiots, will eventually become flooded by actual idiots who believe they are in good company."

"Jokes" do not remain jokes forever.
It's like saying something ironically, and then eventually you find yourself saying it for real.

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely don't understand why there are people on 8chan who thought the whole "being full of hate for minorities" thing they've been doing for so long was just a big joke. Spending even 10 minutes there makes it obvious that they mean what they say.

There are some people that have such empty lives and are so lacking in social skills that they do nothing but spend their time trolling on the Internet. The idea that most people generally mean what they say is something they don't get.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
What a tragedy, so many innocent lives lost. Everyday I'm reminded how precious life is and shit like this just hurts. Anyone who actively searches and watches the video needs help, I don't care how numb you are to violence.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
More NZ news stream: They had a 60-something year old woman on who described how she helped treat a man who had been shot and helped him call his wife and told her to meet the man at the hospital, and all while this was going on a man across the street bled to death.

Had to turn the stream off after that, I'm done.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Wow, just saw the video. This is why we shouldn't give racist, bigots and all those hate mongers a platform to speak out their hate for others. I hope pewdiepie gets thrown in prison for this or investigated heavily.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what's this about pewdiepie and his manifesto that claims that he's trying to start a civil war?!? Can someone catche me up on what the f*ck is really happening here?
Shooter livestreamed his attack and before he started, he said "subscribe to PewDiePie."

The rest is bullshit he wants spread, so its best if you just ignore it. All you should care about is that a racist waste of space, potentially two, attacked a mosque and killed folks who were praying.

Nov 20, 2017
image0.png

Oct 25, 2017
Hm... On 8chan, the board owner of /v/ is strongly disturbed by the people cheering on the shooter (parts of what he said: "WHAT THE FUCK MAN? Fucking [redacted], it was meant to be a fucking larp. A FUCKING LARP. You don't fucking kill people and fucking joke about it you mentally ill fuck. What a fucking retarded psychopath. . . . Yes we make jokes about Hitler and Jews and Blacks, but it's the same shit as the satan shit in the 70's. No one deserves to die, because of their race, religion or their genitals.") and is getting mocked by a lot of people as a result.
It would seem that at least some people over there did not think that this whole hateful nonsense was serious. But the vast majority of the site is in favor of the shooter. If 8chan doesn't get shut down, it's very well possible that the non-serious "memey" users will simply leave, and the site will become even more vile than it already is...

if enough people do something ironically they will attract people that will do it unironically

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017

Regarding the redacted..

Storm? As in The Daily Stormer?

As in 8chan knew white supremacists were an audience on their website?

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
Went to 8chan for the first time ever. Boy, was that a mistake. Unbelievable how terrible some people can be.

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't put into words how devastating this is. Y'all have no idea how long this has been in the back of Muslims' minds when it comes to attending the mosque. It's going to be a really weird feeling attending Friday prayer tomorrow here in the US, knowing this just happened at Friday prayer in NZ. Just devastating, heart breaking, feel soooooo numb at how lost our society truly is.

So easy to kill them, so easy to live stream it, so easy for so many to watch like it's a movie, so easy for him to spread his propaganda. I just don't know anymore.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely don't understand why there are people on 8chan who thought the whole "being full of hate for minorities" thing they've been doing for so long was just a big joke. Spending even 10 minutes there makes it obvious that they mean what they say.
There aren't and they're playing you.

Jul 18, 2018
Do not believe for a single fucking second that a "board owner" on 8chan has any remorse or is disturbed by this at all. Every single piece of shit at that site knows exactly who and what they are and they're all in on this horrific tragedy. Every single piece of garbage there should be on a terrorist watch list.

Jeez. Yo guys chill, we are just LARPING, you are supposed to have fun! Meanwhile creating a vessel for the disturbed to latch onto and get converted or persuaded into doing things .. smh

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that he probably got the gun legally makes me think background checks are pointless- after all, do any of these mass shooters have a background before their first massacre?

I guess it could stop their second mass shooting. Fuck civilians having guns.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Went to 8chan for the first time ever. Boy, was that a mistake. Unbelievable how terrible some people can be.

Don't go to Breitbart either. The comments almost made me more upset than the video itself.

Is it true he says "subscribe to PewDiePie" or something? Felix *absolutely* has to condemn this if he wants to keep his career.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but also remember, it was streamed on Facebook, which along with Twitter have actual al-Qaida members too.
Social media is garbage, they profit off traffic, this is traffic to them, they don't care.
Facebook is trying to get those videos encrypted so they can pretend they don't know they're being hosted

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Reading people on facebook I am friends with clicked on a link thinking it was a news story, and turned out to be the guy live streaming it. Sick world we live in now.

Thurston Last

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Speculating something that doesn't make any sense re a mass shooting, yeah.

I thought of it as more of a passing thought he replied with and not a serious well thought out theory. Just a dumb thing he said. But I don't really know what he was thinking. I think people are over thinking it.

If he was trying to make a joke then screw him. But if he was just dumb thinking out loud ignore it and move on.