• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
What the fuck is wrong with people. Like god damn. I'm so fucking angry. When is enough enough of this senseless violence

also fuck twitter and their autoplay videos

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whats the legal system like in NZ? Like, is there a death penalty? I know the majority of Era isnt in favor of it, but in this case these scumbags deserve it.

Oct 27, 2017
There are no words.

Burn 8chan to the ground, all of it. It is inconceivable that this is allowed to breed and fester in there without everyone involved being hunted down.

dubsky

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
I severely hope there were only four people involved and no one else is at large.
If it is, that means they all have to rot in prison for the rest of their lives. Good. It's the fate they deserve.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
4 people (more possibly) conspired to do this. There are ways to prevent this and it starts with shutting down and finding out who posts on shit like 8chan or those breitbart comments. Anonymity has to be thrown out the window when terrorist hate speech is involved.

Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
I've been on the internet for a while. Long enough to notice where the mold is spreading.
We've been focused on gatekeeping civility while there are literal demons radicalizing imbeciles as we sit and wait for the next tragedy to happen
And they are happening a lot, just yesterday we've had a massacre in Brazil, today New Zealand. What's tomorrow?
Someone should stop these people. Please?

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Yes, but also remember, it was streamed on Facebook, which along with Twitter have actual al-Qaida members too.
Social media is garbage, they profit off traffic, this is traffic to them, they don't care.

Yeah, but at least various social media sites "try" to control extreme even if their attempts are to no avail.

8 chan literally begs for the evils of humankind to be posted there and revels in it, its a running embarrassing tally of why maybe as a species its time we go the way of the dinosaur

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People who say shit like this are either disingenuous liars or so bafflingly ignorant of history that they're functionally indistinguishable from the liars.

Either way, shame on you.
There's a weird mix of ignorance and nonsensical self-importance where they think that their very basic and obvious thought experiment needs to be shared. And it always has to be shared in like 4 or 5 fuckin paragraphs for some reason.

Or they're liars.

Limit

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Words escape me for how horrendous this all is. The threat of white nationalism continues to grow unabated.

Fuck.

Just.. fuck, man.

I'm legit hoping this gets 8chan investigated as a terrorist organization. I realize it'll be tough but... I can hope.

If the terrorist truly was a regular member there, I would certainly expect that some serious investigation is done in getting in touch with all the people who have had interactions with him and plausibly supported his cause. Its the least you can do.

Freestyler

Oct 27, 2017
4 people in custody and "multiple IEDs in vehicles that were stopped".

Fucking hell, in little old NZ :(

My false sense of safety and security has gone right out the window.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is just absolutely harrowing... These shootings happen far too often and every time I'm at a loss for words and actions...

Edit: Just call it a terrorist attack, it is exactly what this is...

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys have to be more cynical than that. The 8 Chan owner is probably just trying to save face if some government or media comes after him. There is absolutely no way a pedophile hate group website is "memes".

Guy is not fooling anyone.
nah, he's a dumbfuck. Same as others who treat racist jokes as banter and free speech.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
operasnapshot_2019-0310jyi.png

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...d-as-police-respond-to-critical-incident-live

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whats the legal system like in NZ? Like, is there a death penalty? I know the majority of Era isnt in favor of it, but in this case these scumbags deserve it.
New Zealand only has the death penalty for treason, which isn't this. That being said a good half of the people who aren't in favor of the death penalty are more against it because the justice system isn't accurate enough for innocent people to not be more than occasionally brought up to it and not because they don't think the death penalty is warranted for some crimes.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god. This is horrible. Christchurch has already suffered so much through the earthquakes. It's such a beautiful town with great people and it's sad to see such an incident unfold there.

Now I'm hearing they had attached IEDs to vehicles. Just what was the motivation for this attack?

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

New Zealand does not have the death penalty ffs.

EDIT

I stand corrected, the death penalty for treason is still on the books.