• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
How on earth can this man not be arrested for terrorist sympathising and spreading hate? The victims blood from the mosques in NZ has yet to dry and he thinks Muslims are to blame for simply existing. How is it acceptable that a senator can openly call for Muslim extermination and it be treated as everyday discourse without consequence . There is a form of hate against Muslims that seems to be common place and protected by politicians and the right, we've seen the Quebec mosque massacre, the London mosque terror attack, now this in NZ, violence against Muslims is the eventual outcome of this sentiment when its not checked and becomes mainstream like it has in much of the west. This can't go on.

Because Australia has a very small Islamic presence in the scheme of things and no one wants to stick their neck out for them I bet. It's just a political game to them. Oh sure they'll condemn them 'a bit' and do the politically right thing but actions? How many votes will it gain them in the end.

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Devastated by the news.

PDP, 8chan, streaming live the shooting... Social media needs to ban all forms of hate speech, these attacks don't happen in a vacuum.

Maybe is time to censor the internet in some way, youtube, twitter... they distribute hate speech, this shit is getting out of control.

TokyoJoe

Oct 28, 2017
To give some people outside of Australia context, Senator Fraser Anning is only senator because he was elected after a recount after the removal of another senator. He then left The One Nation party (a racist party) to be in the Katter party (a racist party) only to be expelled due to being too racist even for them. Now he's an independent and will most definitely won't be elected in 2 months time. He's a massive troll and says awful shit for the publicity. He's only in there because of 19 votes. 19!

But he's obviously not the only racist in Australia. The media are complicit in giving right wing extremists airtime.

I feel sick to my stomach. I'm sorry to the muslims within the era community that you have to put up with disgusting xenophobes and racism. We love you.

I'm sorry NZ. What a horrific day. My thoughts are with you.

Imagine being too racist for a racist party. What a scumbag

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Tese dickless keyboard basement dwelling fuckers will still be laughing at our martyrs on 8chan and other shitholes of the internet and glorifying what happened.

Nothing short of purging the internet from these sites will end this regressive thinking, but masking hatred, bigotry and racism under the guise of free speech is more important. Unless something drastic happens and these shitholes are deplatformed en mass and treated like ISIS, they will always find a way to congregate, coordinate, they will always find an audience to watch their savagery.

8Chan and their like are the equivalent of an ISIS recruitment website for white supremascist dumbasses and they to be treated as such.

My blood is seething with rage right now, I want revenge, I want blood. Malcolm X had the right idea of us arming ourselves.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Am i too late for the Pewdiepie apology video/tweet where he says "it was just a joke bro"?

I've already seen an article "You can't blame Pewdiepie" (not sure if i want to give that visibility).

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ben Shapiro trying desperately to divorce himself from this shooting is just...

At least one of these disgusting grifters could grow a spine and realize that maybe ruining the world for a paycheck makes them monsters.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
Tese dickless keyboard basement dwelling fuckers will still be laughing at our martyrs on 8chan and other shitholes of the internet and glorifying what happened.

Nothing short of purging the internet from these sites will end this regressive thinking, but masking hatred, bigotry and racism under the guise of free speech is more important. Unless something drastic happens and these shitholes are deplatformed en mass and treated like ISIS, they will always find a way to congregate, coordinate, they will always find an audience to watch their savagery.

8Chan and their like are the equivalent of an ISIS recruitment website for white supremascist dumbasses and they to be treated as such.

My blood is seething with rage right now, I want revenge, I want blood. Malcolm X had the right idea of us arming ourselves.
It's not just 8chan. The whole Internet is contaminated with this. 8chan only stands out because the moderation permits people to scream it at the top of their lungs, but don't worry, there are hundreds and hundreds of people like the shooter all over reddit and Twitter too. As I've said earlier, it only takes one person to be motivated and fearless enough, and we get this.
8chan is atrocious, but "meme culture" pretty much has come to revolving entirely around this mentality that nothing is to be taken seriously. The alt-right simply rides the wave.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Malcolm X had the right idea of us arming ourselves.
I think that if you are living in a country like the U.S. it does make a lot of sense to arm yourself. The reality is that the country is absolutely awash in military-grade weapons and there are more and more people being radicalized every day. After the 2016 election and Charlottesville etc I've taken to arming myself, mainly because my wife is an immigrant and person of color.

Oct 25, 2017

Absolutely. Fuck them. They're out there RIGHT NOW joking about this shit, it's just another day to them.
My whole day is messed up man, I'm seething as well. The fuckers will get away with this shit and promote their ideology.
And it'll live on, because the past few years showed me that this world is fucked.
These are the same folks who fucking laughed at Palestinians, Uyghurs, Rohingyans and so on and so forth.
Saying shit like "More Muslims dead is always a good thing." Hell, my brother found comments like that about an hour ago.
I've seen this shit for years, had some of these comments thrown at me myself. It's real. It always has been no matter how much the detractors believe otherwise.
The dehumanisation has been happening since 2001.
I haven't felt this angry in a long time. Mothers had to see their kids shot and vice versa.
Man these people were out there to worship and celebrate Juma'ah and they had to die by the hand of some fucking racist memelord?
What the fuck!

Oct 30, 2017
Insane - waking up to this news from New Zealand was the last thing I expected

I always thought being pretty remote tensions would be pretty low

Clearly not

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Man. Can't believe I am waking up to this. I'm visiting NZ in less than a year as a life long dream of mine. This is the last place in the world I expected something like this to happen. I can't believe there is video out there of this guy. There needs to stop being a platform for people like these.

Jader7777

Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I came into this thread to console our New Zealand neighbors from across the pond but all I see in this thread is American politics, disgusting.

I hope as many people survive as possible and that the police can unravel whatever gross plots they've cooked up, I'm glad the shooters live stream was shut down and they're doing a great job of preventing him from spreading their message.

This lady (and everyone else who helped the victims) rekindle hope in humanity.

Annoying Old Party Man

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Disgusting, horrifying news.

Why the fuck is there so much hate in this world. Why can't you just try to go through life trying to enjoy it and not hurting other people? How the fuck can you live in a civilised society with a good quality of life and just decide to plan and murder even small children? :-(

- edit -

Man, watching this video above, fucking heartbreaking :-(

Oct 25, 2017
I don;t think they're trying to hide it at all. It's pretty blatant.
Yeah, I don't say much when I read certain sentiments here and elsewhere.
But it's anything but hidden..

I came into this thread to console our New Zealand neighbors from across the pond but all I see in this thread is American politics, disgusting.

I hope as many people survive as possible and that the police can unravel whatever gross plots they've cooked up, I'm glad the shooters live stream was shut down and they're doing a great job of preventing him from spreading their message.

This lady (and everyone else who helped the victims) rekindle hope in humanity.

God bless her. In all this madness someone like her comes along and helps me stop being so cynical.
I wish she didn't have to witness that.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
I have nothing worthy to contribute beyond my deep disgust at this tragedy being perpetrated upon New Zealand and Muslim-Kiwis.

The innocent victims will not be forgotten, neither will the immense heroism of those everyday people and emergency services who came to the aid of the victims.

There's no place for this hatred in our world.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Insane - waking up to this news from New Zealand was the last thing I expected

I always thought being pretty remote tensions would be pretty low

Clearly not

Clearly you didn't read the news because hes not an NZ citizen. Nothing about this is a sign that we're intolerant of any cultures so don't go spreading that kind of bullshit and that kind of narrative is the absolute last thing we need right now.

Last edited:

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Also a reminder that Christchurch is a city that is still recovering from an earthquake in 2011 that left it in ruins and killed 185 people. I refuse to believe that wasn't factored in by the vermin perpetrators.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A news outlet here in Portugal is showing the video of the attack out of focus and reading the manifesto, needless to say is a exploitative tv channel of a tabloidish journal. And in the same channel you could here a call of someone pinning this on video games and more problematic the head of crime observatory blaming politicians for not acting on this kind events associated with migration and the reaction to migration, giving in subtext the impression that migration is the thing that has to be solved.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Jesus christ. Reminds me of the Breivik shooting. Ugh.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PewDiePie, Stefan Molyneux, and Twitter get to cash in on the dissemination of white nationalist talking points/memes, paving the way for periodic xenophobia-drenched massacres. Cool! What a great world! Love it!

There's no hope.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, yes and no - he only received 19 votes and only ended up in the Senate when someone ahead of him was found to be constitutionally ineligible.

There are still people in the Australian government who are happy to take his vote and shake his hand.

So yes, he wasn't elected but many that are elected are happy to stand beside him, invite milo to Australia because "what is the harm" and then no doubt appear on sky news next week to push the dangers of muslims coming to our country.

Including the Christian fundamentalist prime minister. He might have said the right things today, but no doubt it will be back to trying to win votes with fear tomorrow, it is the strategy. Peter Dutton has also said the "right things" on twitter, right after retweeting about the dangers of muslims.

Disgusting.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
This is awful news to wake up to. And reading the details of there being a manifesto, livestream, etc. is just sickening.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Far right have an easy target with Muslims as attacking Muslims is seen very much ok by people who would claim not to be on the right.

I see idiots who if this was a a black church condemn it completly but as its Muslims they have to try and find an excuse for it.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
It's not just 8chan. The whole Internet is contaminated with this. 8chan only stands out because the moderation permits people to scream it at the top of their lungs, but don't worry, there are hundreds and hundreds of people like the shooter all over reddit and Twitter too. As I've said earlier, it only takes one person to be motivated and fearless enough, and we get this.
8chan is atrocious, but "meme culture" pretty much has come to revolving entirely around this mentality that nothing is to be taken seriously. The alt-right simply rides the wave.

This so much, it's all over Facebook, YouTube and people don't realise because they're only focused on their own network, but once you go out of there, it's just disgusting. And places like Play-Asia are singlehandedly doing it an indirect fashion, promoting risqué products and letting alt right posters have their say (those SJWs would be horrified by this game blah blah blah).

YouTube comments are just as bad. And reddit is pretty bad too.