Major terrorist (white supremacist) attack in Christchurch (NZ) [UP6: 4 suspects in custody, 50 confirmed dead] (READ THREADMARKS)

Oct 27, 2017
It is a terrorist attack.

If the intent is to cause terror and harm it is one.

I thought it was just one shooter but since multiple people have been arrested then it must have been planned for a good amount of time.

I'm glad they were captured alive, I'm hoping anyone else connected gets arrested.

This is so sad. I was reading this before bed yesterday...jesus man.

It ticks me off to think people are spreading this on instagram of some bullshit social media platform and having a laugh or just don't care. No joke a lot of people casually watch gifs of people in misery and it's like watching a funny cat video to them.

I will not look this shit up. So flicking sad. Not sure what else to say, these terrorist are savages. Just thrown all these assholes in a gladiator style area and let them have a go at their hate to each other. Leave everyone else in peace ffs.

Oct 27, 2017
Also, fuck Kanye West. The amount of harm he’s probably caused by giving Candace Owens a platform is fucked. I had never heard of her before his dumb ass boosted her. He’s an irredeemable terrorist enabler as well.

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck. Just waking up to this. So goddam sad and infuriating.

White Nationalists are truly the biggest enemy in the world right now.

Saw this too. He is spot on with this analysis.

Wajahat AliWajahatAli 8h8 hours ago

The victims are not just Muslims, but also Jews, immigrants, refugees, Blacks, Sikhs, Latinos & women (they really hate feminists). It's a zero sum absolutism. No grey area. Just like ISIS. These groups are rising in the US & Europe. They have mainstream elected messengers.

Oct 27, 2017
Facebook, Twitter and Google should be ashamed of themselves for not doing more to take down the videos. Absolutely inexcusable and unacceptable.
Absolutely agree. With the money they have, technical ability and emerging AI, there is no reason these videos should ever make it past the upload/link to be viewable.

I think lawsuits against those sites may force them to take action.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh we DO need to take it seriously. Especially this view that he was inspired by Candice Owens and thinks Donald Trump gave a helpful rise to white identity nationalism. If you put the manifesto as crackpot you are especially dismissing those. You need to take it seriously AND condemn at the same time. This view in the manifesto is shared by almost all white nationalists
You misunderstood me.

I don't think anyone here should look too deeply into the manifesto. It's a pro white manifesto. It's also stacked with memes, and jokes.

So I hope no one is trying to figure out how Spyro inspired his ethno nationalism.

Kitsunelaine

My favorite cake is pie
Oct 25, 2017
You misunderstood me.

I don't think anyone here should look too deeply into the manifesto. It's a pro white manifesto. It's also stacked with memes, and jokes.

So I hope no one is trying to figure out how Spyro inspired his ethno nationalism.
are you dismissing the threat of whtie nationalism because white nationalists like memes

what the fuck is wrong with you

Oct 31, 2017
I didn't check the news until I got into the office this morning, so I've just spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out what the fuck is going on. This is absolutely horrific.

I can't think of anything else to say. I feel sick.

You misunderstood me.

The memes and jokes are probably the most important point: terrorist putting out fucked up rants/manifesto after an attack is business as usual. Throwing memes and jokes shows in said rant shows that he didn’t get radicalized from some obscure book or dark web site, but from mainstream social media

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit puzzled by the bit about the Siege of Vienna (like, what does he mean with "apparently?" There's some bizzarre conspiracy theory I'm not aware of?) but the rest is spot on.
He gets the date a bit off - 1683, not 1863. Basically the Ottoman Empire made a a final major attempt to get a foothold in Europe beyond what is now Hungary and Romania, but were thwarted for a variety of reasons (including the largest cavalry charge in history, courtesy of the Poles). So it ends up commonly cited among shitheels like today's shooter as a notion of 'Christendom' defending itself against Islamic rule (which it admittedly was seen as back in the day - John III was dubbed 'the Saviour of Christendom' for his intervention). particularly given the additional context of how nations like Hungary and Poland have reacted to the refugee crisis. Nevermind of course the Ottomans were literally invading with like, an army and shit, rather than being innocent people trying to take part in Friday prayers in peace; the 'apparently' is because it's, as with so much of this, disingenuous usage of history to which they are largely unconnected to rationalise their bigotry.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it, wasn't there only one shooter who live streamed everything? Who are the 4 people arrested?
Three other people; one suspect in their late 20s is quite probably the shooter. The others were people nearby who were also armed; IIRC one is already believed to have just incidentally been in the area, but they're still investigating the other two.

Oct 25, 2017
Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.
^

You misunderstood me.

The guy is clearly trying to get people have non-sensical arguments over his manifesto, he's included bs like this to "troll" people, the more people talk about his manifesto the more people talk about his message, the more it propagates. The issue is do you not talk about it at all to avoid this?What constitutes non-sensical etc. Where do you draw this line.

The main efforts should be focussed at the victims and preventio. Not towards the evil perpetrators.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
He gets the date a bit off - 1683, not 1863. Basically the Ottoman Empire made a a final major attempt to get a foothold in Europe beyond what is now Hungary and Romania, but were thwarted for a variety of reasons (including the largest cavalry charge in history, courtesy of the Poles). So it ends up commonly cited among shitheels like today's shooter as a notion of 'Christendom' defending itself against Islamic rule (which it admittedly was seen as back in the day - John III was dubbed 'the Saviour of Christendom' for his intervention). particularly given the additional context of how nations like Hungary and Poland have reacted to the refugee crisis. Nevermind of course the Ottomans were literally invading with like, an army and shit, rather than being innocent people trying to take part in Friday prayers in peace; the 'apparently' is because it's, as with so much of this, disingenuous usage of history to which they are largely unconnected to rationalise their bigotry.
Yeah, I know history and I know nationalist idiots try to weaponize it for the own ends, I'm just puzzled because it sounded like he was dismissing what was, in fact, the third attempt of the Ottoman empire to military invade Europe. Maybe he's referring to the idea of making what was a fairly "mundane" imperialistic move by the Ottomans into some sort of "clash fo cultures".

Oct 25, 2017
^

The guy is clearly trying to get people have non-sensical arguments over his manifesto, he's included bs like this to "troll" people, the more people talk about his manifesto the more people talk about his message, the more it propagates. The issue is do you not talk about it at all, what constitutes non-sensical etc.
Yeah, that sums it up on what I want to say.

Oct 25, 2017
The media has been better at accurately calling this a terrorist attack.
Maybe because it's pretty hard to get around doing so.
This was a well planned mass murder across two locations, seemingly involving multiple suspects, and police had to disarm associated IED car bombs.
I don't get it, wasn't there only one shooter who live streamed everything? Who are the 4 people arrested?
I believe this has been corrected as three people being in custody in relation to the terrorist attack, with one already charged with murder (the Australian national, Brenton Tarrant).

Oct 25, 2017
Just got in and read the news. Awful. Abominable. I just... can't find the correct words to condemn this. RIP to the victims.

Hope authorities is tracking all these white supremacist fuckers. They are a danger to society.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know history and I know nationalist idiots try to weaponize it for the own ends, I'm just puzzled because it sounded like he was dismissing what was, in fact, the third attempt of the Ottoman empire to military invade Europe. Maybe he's referring to the idea of making what was a fairly "mundane" imperialistic move by the Ottomans into some sort of "clash fo cultures".
Ah, gotcha. But yeah, I would definitely think it's because these people largely don't care for event or the wider historical context outside of using it as an idea of this supposed 'conflict' going back centuries. Nevermind the continuing paradox of praising Poles as the defenders of (white) Christendom while being disgusted at the thought of living next to a Pole (as earlier pages in this thread demonstrate through the Breitbart screenshots).

Oct 25, 2017
Charlotte NC
This is a fucking disgrace. 49 people dead, 8chan still up promoting bullshit and no one taking action to put a stop to it.

Religious studies should be fucking mandatory at this point for elementary curriculum and higher. The only way we can even begin to erode the hatred is to educate children on the different beliefs in the world so they can be better than us.

“No one is asking you to like _______, or convert. We’re just asking that you understand and respect.”

This is the first thing said at all classes at my university for Religious studies.

Oct 25, 2017
So I knew about 4chan, never heard of 8chan. Screened it for half an hour. Holyyyyy shittt!!! People are cheering on and praising the guy. There are multiple appreciation threads, these people are filled with hate. They are saying the guy has been thinking of this for 3 years and been planning it for 3 months and that some people on 8chan knew of his plans. How come no security agency knew about it? Unbelievable.
Because hotbeds of hate like 8chan that form movements like Gamergate are ignored by law enforcement by and large. It's also a haven for CP and lots of other reprehensible shit. Just one of many places these sick fucks hang out really.