• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Major terrorist (white supremacist) attack in Christchurch (NZ) [UP6: 4 suspects in custody, 50 confirmed dead] (READ THREADMARKS)

Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
I checked out 8chan (having never heard of it before)...yea. never ever going back there. Anyways, this is so fucked up and there's nothing I can say or do to make it better. The world is shit.
that place is a fucking black hole filled with subhuman filth

i only visited that shit hole once a year ago just to see what's all the fuzz is about and i didn't last one fucking second before i noped the fuck outthere

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I conversed and tried to be as patient as I could on that forum I was a mod on with them but you can just see how far gone they are and how brainwashed they are consuming all those YouTube videos, Trump's rantings, those 4chan boards, 8chan boards and god knows what else, it's just not even worth it, they are just beyond help at that stage. I just couldn't stand it any longer. You can debate with reasonable people but with nothing but malice/hatred in their hearts and seeing you as the enemy for not being as brainwashed as them, what's the point? These are seriously disturbed human beings. It's hard to even discuss with these people.
Its because they honestly believe they are the ones being oppressed. Among other things They are the victims and everyone else is brainwashed, they're enlightened. When you're so far detached from reality - which took a lot of time and effort to happen. It will take a lot of time and effort to reverse. Luckily some people aren't so far down the rabbit hole and are open to discussion online. It's also a complex situation with no easy fix, these people need to be counselled in real life as a start.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017
It's disgusting seeing alt-right worms try to distance themselves from this situation when they've advocated for the very things this cretin said he stood for.

Normal people are not linking his message so as to not spread his message. You all are just doing it to keep yourselves looking innocent.

I hope those who died rest in peace, certainly. I wish, too, to know more about them. We need to humanize the people lost in these massacres, not the people responsible for killing them. To know what the end result of hatred-fueled (or nihilist-fueled) radicalization is.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017
NZ PM:

Donald:

David Mack @davidmackau

Asked if she agreed with Trump that white supremacy is not a problem on the rise, NZ PM Arden responds swiftly, "No."

4:48 PM - Mar 15, 2019

ABC News @ ABC

NEW: Asked if he sees white nationalism as a rising global threat, Pres. Trump tells @TerryMoran, "I don't, really. I think it's a small group of people that have very, very serious problems." http://abcn.ws/2hFejwL

4:33 PM - Mar 15, 2019
Quick someone tell mi5 they don't have to worry anymore about far right terrorism and hand control over back to the police because the Donald says it's not on the rise:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...against-uk-rightwing-extremists-police-action

Oct 27, 2017
How the heck do you even begin to police nutcases/nazis/evil, creepy fucks like those on 8chan? I'm not going to mince words here, they're beyond help at that stage when they're on there.
It's a joke. That's a common phrase used to criticize Arab Muslim communities since at least 9/11.

but for real support your local antifa

Oct 25, 2017
It's disgusting seeing alt-right worms try to distance themselves from this situation when they've advocated for the very things this cretin said he stood for.

Normal people are not linking his message so as to not spread his message. You all are just doing it to keep yourselves looking innocent.

I hope those who died rest in peace, certainly. I wish, too, to know more about them. We need to humanize the people lost in these massacres, not the people responsible for killing them. To know what the end result of hatred-fueled (or nihilist-fueled) radicalization is.
Part of me hopes that they’re trying to distance themselves from it, because there’s a tiny thought emerging that maybe they have gone too far and are influencing truly evil people, and that’s terrifying to them.

Probably not, and it’d be a cowardly reaction to it anyway, but still.

Maybe I naively hold out too much hope for people to self reflect...

Agree completely with the rest of your post too.

Oct 26, 2017
After the pretty massive thread last week about 8chan I'm a bit surprised we've got people here who've never heard of it.

Though I guess it was kept in gaming side even though I think it was beyond simply video games.

Oct 27, 2017
Austria
This is true. But the NSA/FBI could easily collect the IP addresses of most people that visit it, if they needed/wanted to.
According to wikipedia, "As of April 2018, the site is the 3,857th most visited site in the world, and in November 2014, it was receiving an average of 35,000 unique visitors per day". I don't think there is enough manpower for that watchlist.

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
I do wonder if it's possible to de-radicalize people who have gone off the deep end in conspiracies and race war territory.
Probably not in a complete way, sadly.

But what we can do is take away their voices at every opportunity. Deplatform them everywhere. Take away their forums, their channels, their soapboxes.

We need to make it so that the only places they have left are ones like here - where they'll get banned if they show their ass and spout their shit. When they have no where they can post their disgusting bullshit, and their only way to converse with other people and be part of society is to keep themselves in line, that's how we win.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it so fucking hard to say that, yes it is increasingly becoming a problem and will not be tolerated in this country.

Holy fuck. I’m closing my laptop otherwise I might pop a blood vessel in anger
It's incredibly hard if you want that group of individuals to come out to vote for you and keep you elected, yes.

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, just checked the Whois for this 8chan shithole:

Code:
Registry Domain ID: 21069829_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
Registrar URL: http://www.tucows.com
Updated Date: 2018-01-31T05:12:11Z
Creation Date: 2000-03-01T17:04:24Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-03-01T17:04:24Z
Registrar: Tucows Domains Inc.
Tucows

http://twitter.com/tucows

A Toronto based company.

Code:
Name Server: BEN.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: ISLA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Cloudflare

https://twitter.com/Cloudflare

A San Francisco based company.

What the fuck is going on here? I thought that this site might use bulletproof services in countries outside of our jurisdiction.... but they don't?! Why is this site still online? Despicable companies.

Oct 25, 2017

Code:
Tucows

A Toronto based company.

Code:
Cloudflare

What the fuck is going on here? I thought that this site might use bulletproof services in countries outside of our jurisdiction.... but they don't?! Why is this site still online? Despicable companies.
Well we know where to look for them at least.

Akronis

Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017

Code:
Tucows

A Toronto based company.

Code:
Cloudflare

I was debating posting this info last night but I feel like if Tucows hasn't suspended them before, they do not give a shit at all.

It's also trivially easy for them to migrate to a new domain

Here's the link for people that want to try:

https://www.tucowsdomains.com/abuse-form/?complaint=other

Oct 27, 2017
This shooting is one of the most disheartning things I have ever seen. The amount of hate in people will forever be a mystery to me.

Feb 12, 2018
This shit makes me angry

Why in the hell are details like "blonde" even remotely, or hell even less than remotely, relevant? Do the people who make these articles have even a modicum of self-respect or dignity? Seeing this crap just infuriates me. Hell I'm getting tired just talking about this again and again.

Akronis

Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
If we wanted to do so, how would we shut them down anyway

Asking for a friend
Outside of organizing something like a botnet to DDOS the site, probably nothing. CloudFlare would mitigate most of it anyways.

Maybe look for vulns on the site itself to try and wipe it out? All of these are pipe dreams that won't happen though.

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Why in the hell are details like "blonde" even remotely, or hell even less than remotely, relevant? Do the people who make these articles have even a modicum of self-respect or dignity? Seeing this crap just infuriates me. Hell I'm getting tired just talking about this again and again.
For real. 'How a little Aryan boy turned into a mass murderer'. gtfo

Oct 25, 2017
Textbook example of white privilege. You can be a literal terrorist and they'll still try to rationalize you.
They’ve done it with others - such as the British guy who joined IS.

Not excusing it btw, but they seem to love to post up articles along the lines of “where did it go so wrong!” rather than focusing on the victims.

Feb 12, 2018
Outside of organizing something like a botnet to DDOS the site, probably nothing. CloudFlare would mitigate most of it anyways.

Maybe look for vulns on the site itself to try and wipe it out? All of these are pipe dreams that won't happen though.
Maybe some kind of public outrage/backlash would do something? Something like "The site that breeds these shooters is based right here at home, in Toronto Canada". etc

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
This shit makes me angry

I always thought they write it in the way thats supposed to provide the most shock value: In this case its the whole "He could have been anyone, your neighbor, the postman, etc etc" and less so about trying to humanize him.

Either way, its a very scary story to hear, always felt we were safe from this kind of insanity down here :(
Probably hard for those in other countries to understand, but this sort of thing has never really happened here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_New_Zealand

Last massacre here was 22 years ago. Last massacre of this magnitude was 76 years ago when a POW camp rioted. A WW2 POW camp.

Scary times when even NZ can be attacked like this.

"Something happened during his travels"
Right..no way this White guy had his views festered in his home turf. Had to be some foreign influence.
This pure Blonde Haired Aryan can't do something like this of his own accord. Heavens no.
White supremacy? Poppycock. You know this boy travelled to North Korea and Pakistan? Well, something must've happened there.
Poor boy..

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe some kind of public outrage/backlash would do something? Something like "The site that breeds these shooters is based right here at home, in Toronto Canada". etc
Well he said in the original post that they can just move domains, so I'm assuming Tucows/etc domains isn't so much the target.

Feb 12, 2018
They’ve done it with others - such as the British guy who joined IS.

Not excusing it btw, but they seem to love to post up articles along the lines of “where did it go so wrong!” rather than focusing on the victims.
49 people is too many. Who will even try to remember any details about them? Much easier to just pick one, much more polarizing and click inducing, person. I mean making a buck wherever you can and as quick as you can is also a part of a capitalist society.

Akronis

Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
A grassroots effort could work to pressure the company to take it down, but Tucows doesn't seem like it really gives a shit if they haven't done anything despite the other controversies.

Even if it went well and they suspended the domain, they can buy a new domain and have site back up in 10 minutes.

Dec 19, 2017
I think the man who attempted to stop the killer actually survived.

Asim Mukhtar, the secretary of the Pakistan Association of New Zealand, told Dawn.com via telephone that one of the injured was identified as Naeem Rashid, who has been operated on and is in rehabilitation. Rashid was identified by a relative from the video live-streamed by the attacker. He reportedly attempted to stop the assailant as he gunned victims down in the mosque. Rashid's son, Talha Naeem, is listed among those missing.

Jul 26, 2018
I am just sorry for all the victims. Norway endured a similar horror with Breivik, but that 'white gamer attack' had no distinct discriminative motive to the (actual) attack.
While Breivik didn't target muslims or immigrants his goal was to shock those in power. And his reasoning and motive was largely the same as with this one.

NZ saying gun laws will change. No messing about, direct action.

Take heed America.
We have this little thing called the constitution which makes it a bit more difficult.

Oct 25, 2017
The updated title from last night is extremely disheartening. Even one person lost in this is too much but 49 is just.... staggering. Hopefully NZ does what America should have done forever ago and take direct action to prevent this again.