• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Major terrorist (white supremacist) attack in Christchurch (NZ) [UP6: 4 suspects in custody, 50 confirmed dead] (READ THREADMARKS)

Feb 19, 2018
Dude only got charged with a single murder? Right out of the gate, every death should be on him, no?

Also, fuck this, what's the deal with assholes and fascination with gore? Co-worker approached me yesterday to show the mass shooting videos.

Worst yet, he approached another co-worker, polar opposite of me, meek female 20something, fuck off exposing this crap around.
That's fucked... like how the hell do you approach people about this and spreading the gore phootage and not sound hateful pig ?

Nov 6, 2017
Dude only got charged with a single murder? Right out of the gate, every death should be on him, no?

Also, fuck this, what's the deal with assholes and fascination with gore? Co-worker approached me yesterday to show the mass shooting videos.

Worst yet, he approached another co-worker, polar opposite of me, meek female 20something, fuck off exposing this crap around.
That's an HR approachable offense if you ask me.

Oct 25, 2017
Today I have learned and seen more things about this shithead than I ever should have. The dude is pure evil, which is a concept I never believed in before. But after what I've seen I don't know another way to describe him.

This entire event is crushing. My heart goes out to New Zealand. The people there are incredibly inviting from my experience when visiting a couple years ago, and Christchurch was an interesting city to visit. They're still recovering from the earthquakes in 2010/2011 as well, and learning about how the community came together during that tragedy was incredible.

has this been posted?
That was quick! Kiwi's aren't messing around.

Dec 10, 2018
has this been posted?
Good. There really is no need for them.

Also I am super disappointed in all these media outlets showing the weapons and the names/slogans the douchebag wrote all over them, while simultaneously explaining them. They are contributing and even distributing the narrative he wants to portray. The same cold, calculated and self-absorbed narrative Breivik was trying to promote. It is like handing out a business card or promotional flyer to some extremists.

Oct 27, 2017
People say a lot of things about Gen Z, mostly that they turn conservative, actually.
I think there isn't a narrative to be said about this generation, life experiences are so vastly different from one individual to another that it's really hard to define a generation with a few key characteristics. Not in this day and age.
Right it's totally anecdotal but most of the 25-35 year olds I know, basically all of them white, are pretty liberal and I guess at worst tolerant so to say. A lot of the sub 25 white people I talk to in any amount of detail seem to be outright trump fans or buy into some kind of weird European heritage garbage.

And then people on this board say it's just jokes and memes and trolling, don't worry about it. Yeah I don't buy that. They are getting that shit from somewhere and they are at their most impressionable. They aren't going to just flip a switch and become liberal Dems. You're pretty much where you're at at 18-25 typically.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
As a muslim, this news and the various [hate filled] reactions online messed me up pretty bad today. Could not focus at work and ended up leaving early.
Don’t let the hate get to you bro, if you do they win. Just keep living your life normally and do your best to show the people around you that being a muslim is nothing like what all the haters try to make it out to be.

Oct 27, 2017
Are you comparing Pewdiepie to ISIS? That's a bit of a stretch.
He's firmly in the alt-right camp, and yes the alt-right is pretty much as bad as ISIS. Show me a list of successful ISIS attacks outside of the middle east vs alt-right inspired terrorist attacks/mass shootings. The alt-right has been pretty fucking successful at indoctrinating terrorists into action and it's intentional. Pdp makes hateful content about black people, Jews, and Muslims all the time. It's really not a stretch.

Oct 27, 2017
As a muslim, this news and the various [hate filled] reactions online messed me up pretty bad today. Could not focus at work and ended up leaving early.
I feel you man and I'm a white 30 yr old agnostic man. I don't understand how my colleagues are just laughing and shit at work every day. It's hard for me to not just get completely political at work every day. Take the weekend if you have it and talk to people close to you.

Oct 25, 2017
Right it's totally anecdotal but most of the 25-35 year olds I know, basically all of them white, are pretty liberal and I guess at worst tolerant so to say. A lot of the sub 25 white people I talk to in any amount of detail seem to be outright trump fans or buy into some kind of weird European heritage garbage.

And then people on this board say it's just jokes and memes and trolling, don't worry about it. Yeah I don't buy that. They are getting that shit from somewhere and they are at their most impressionable. They aren't going to just flip a switch and become liberal Dems. You're pretty much where you're at at 18-25 typically.
I disagree. When you are 18-25 you are, myself included, a fucking moron. I was right wing too and hated the idea that someone would get something for free that I was working my ass off to get. I also had trouble relating to people and hated hearing about the environment.

The difference was I didn’t have the internet. So if I went out in the real world and acted like a real moron I would get (quite rightly) punched in the mouth. Time went by, life happened (watch a loved one die slowly from cancer and then we’ll see how fun memes are), I learned compassion and I’m now about as left as can be.

We can’t really slap people remotely so this all comes down to leadership. Leadership from the top level (ie nz right now and not fucking both sides america or hypocritical australia), leadership from influencers (like a simple, “don’t be a white supremacist” and leadership from every one of us to go out and vote, and generally help each other out and have everyone’s back.

This is why the whole pdp thing is so infuriating. He either needs to step up or have his platform fired into the fucking sun. And don’t get me started on Trump or Morrison.

For my part I don’t believe in any religion but I’ll love any muslim or otherwise like a brother. No matter how fucked up the world gets, know that you are welcome in my home.

Oct 27, 2017
I disagree. When you are 18-25 you are, myself included, a fucking moron. I was right wing too and hated the idea that someone would get something for free that I was working my ass off to get. I also had trouble relating to people and hated hearing about the environment.

The difference was I didn’t have the internet. So if I went out in the real world and acted like a real moron I would get (quite rightly) punched in the mouth. Time went by, life happened, I learned compassion and I’m now about as left as can be.

We can’t really slap people remotely so this all comes down to leadership. Leadership from the top level (ie nz right now and not fucking both sides america or hypocritical australia), leadership from influencers (like a simple, “don’t be a white supremacist” and leadership from every one of us to go out and vote, and generally help each other out and have everyone’s back.

This is why the whole pdp thing is so infuriating. He either needs to step up or have his platform fired into the fucking sun. And don’t get me started on Trump or Morrison.

For my part I don’t believe in any religion but I’ll love any muslim or otherwise like a brother. No matter how fucked up the world gets, know that you are welcome in my home.
But that's the thing, we grew up before a completely toxic internet culture was really in full swing, and now even in public its acceptable for these shit heels to just yell fake news at you and ignore any criticism from you. I had a 37 year old fucking colleague do this to me at a work function baseball game. That's where we're at.

Oct 25, 2017
But that's the thing, we grew up before a completely toxic internet culture was really in full swing, and now even in public its acceptable for these shit heels to just yell fake news at you and ignore any criticism from you. I had a 37 year old fucking colleague do this to me at a work function baseball game. That's where we're at.
I agree, I was just saying it doesn’t need to be that way.

You are not set to where you are at 18-25. But unless we have leadership people will no longer pull their head out of their asses.

I mean just imagine Murdoch tomorrow says “nope this shit has gone too far, no more racist fox, we are turning this around”. The world would improve overnight. He won’t of course, but he could.

Oct 25, 2017
Jan 15, 2019
He's firmly in the alt-right camp, and yes the alt-right is pretty much as bad as ISIS. Show me a list of successful ISIS attacks outside of the middle east vs alt-right inspired terrorist attacks/mass shootings. The alt-right has been pretty fucking successful at indoctrinating terrorists into action and it's intentional. Pdp makes hateful content about black people, Jews, and Muslims all the time. It's really not a stretch.
Not sure why the terrorist attacks in the middle east need to be left out of the equation. Seems like a forced false equivalence if you are purposely leaving out the worst things ISIS does.

ISIS litterally posts beheading videos on a regular basis. Im not defending Pewdiepie or his content but trying to equate him to an active terror organization just seems like a bad argument to me.