• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Major terrorist (white supremacist) attack in Christchurch (NZ) [UP6: 4 suspects in custody, 50 confirmed dead] (READ THREADMARKS)

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps he was talking about the guy at the second mosque who wrestled a gun away from the dickhead shooter, but was unable to do much because he didn't know how to actually fire the gun. He's alive and has been giving interviews. He also likely prevented many deaths at that second mosque.
Anyone have any more info on this guy? He sounds awesome.

If the main source is the terrorist piece of shit's own recorded video, oh well. I'm not watching that. I was in to Ogrish 20 years ago. I'm all set with such crap now.

Oct 27, 2017
I disagree. When you are 18-25 you are, myself included, a fucking moron..
The only thing I've learnt as I've got older is that as a species Humanity never listens or learns from its mistakes.

Also, social media, twitter in particular needs more stringent legal controls, if not outright banning.

The intent of this individual was to divide and conquer, and that's precisely what he's done and continues to do.

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I've learnt as I've got older is that as a species Humanity never listens or learns from its mistakes.

Also, social media, twitter in particular needs more stringent legal controls, if not outright banning.

The intent of this individual was to divide and conquer, and that's precisely what he's done and continues to do.
Australia recently legalised same sex marriage and the conservative government in power lost an unloseable bi-election primarily on human rights and climate change issues.

I get what you are saying, but humanity is not lost.

Oct 27, 2017
This is terrifying and scary. As a muslim, these type of stories are the reason why I started to shy away from Americans in general. I know this is not right, but I can't help it. I started to live in a bubble with my arab friends, which is not what I intended when I first came here. I can't wait to graduate and go back to my country. I might be overreacting sorry, but this is just depressing

I pray for the victims and their families. Muslims in Western countries be careful please.

Oct 27, 2017
This is terrifying and scary. As a muslim, these type of stories are the reason why I started to shy away from Americans in general. I know this is not right, but I can't help it. I started to live in a bubble with my arab friends, which is not what I intended when I first came here. I can't wait to graduate and go back to my country. I might be overreacting sorry, but this is just depressing

I pray for the victims and their families. Muslims in Western countries be careful please.
I know exactly how you feel. People say these are simply isolated incidents and to not let them win, but walking around daily with fear over your head is so stressful. Especially when you see the casual apathy and hatred on social media. This stuff feels like it's becoming more common.

Oct 27, 2017
I understand where you're coming from, but don't let a handful of crazies influence your opinion on the greater whole of people.
Of course. When you keep hearing these stories about islamphobia it happens subconsciously. I love my experience here in America and I met amazing people. I haven't had bad experiences personally. I will try and get out of this bubble, and not let this get to me.

Dec 10, 2018
Of course. When you keep hearing these stories about islamphobia it happens subconsciously. I love my experience here in America and I met amazing people. I haven't had bad experiences personally. I will try and get out of this bubble, and not let this get to me.
Good man. I know it is a hard time for you personally and emotionally, but concentrate on the great parts and you will pull through. I am an Australian myself and I am ashamed to have such a vile person come from my country do such a heinous act, especially to people who were themselves just trying to make a better life.

Oct 27, 2017
This white supremacist terrorist attack is sickening, appalling and heartbreaking. I barely slept last night and I couldn’t focus at all today just thinking and trying to process this disaster. I can’t fathom what the families of these poor people are going through and the rest of NZ too. White supremacy is an epidemic and this is the result of constant hateful rhetoric (Trump) and cesspools like 8chan going unchecked among other forms of radicalization of white males. There’s just so much hate in the world, I find it hard to comprehend. I’m proud of the NZ folk rallying around the victims families and those affected.

Jan 17, 2018
Uh, I guess I should stay away from Twitter because every time I read about Christchurch I always see tweets from this fucking alt-right, assadite bimbo (I'd used another word, but I would catch a ban for it) who use this tragedy to spread her agenda about Syrian Civil War. Fuck her.

Oct 27, 2017
It’s tiring to see these fake people in the media and politics acting like they care about Muslims.
Yep. The Australian government and a good deal of politicians are pretty high up this pyramid. Basically, just below calls for violence:
Bullshit the perpetrators of currently government policy and political discourse care. They just care that it’s politically effective to care, or political suicide not to care.

Oct 27, 2017
Major props to how NZ is handling this. They are impressing the hell out of me.
New Zealand has always been the cool, modern and progressive cousin of racist, bigoted Australia. I’m just surprised that their gun control laws have been so lax and complacent for so long despite warnings from their police and what’s happened in Australia.

Oct 26, 2017
Visa canceled: https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/davidcoleman/Pages/STATEMENT-ON-MILO-YIANOPPOLOUS.aspx

Context:
Bevan Shields @BevanShields

BREAKING: The Morrison government is considering a ban on Milo Yiannopoulos after he responded to the New Zealand massacre by describing Islam as a "barbaric" and "alien" religious culture.

This would be the third position in as many weeks.https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/morrison-government-considers-milo-yiannopoulos-ban-in-wake-of-christchurch-massacre-20190316-p514ri.html … #auspol

11:15 PM - Mar 15, 2019

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand has always been the cool, modern and progressive cousin of racist, bigoted Australia. I’m just surprised that their gun control laws have been so lax and complacent for so long despite warnings from their police and what’s happened in Australia.
As another poster pointed out, NZ is more isolated from their closest neighbor, Australia, than most would suspect.

They look close to each other on a flat map, but the shortest distance between NZ and AUS is 1056 miles.

For frame of reference, Los Angeles and NYC is 2449 miles apart from each other.

Here's an illustration of how far away AUS and NZ are from each other, overlaid on the USA:

I think they just felt far removed from the world's problems.

Oct 25, 2017
Has this been posted? That idiot senator from Qld getting egged at a press conference and hitting a minor...

I get the natural instict to hit back when something like this happens to you, but as a politician you should know better than this. Let alone slapping a young kid on the face and then continue the pursuit when he steps back. Curious how the case goes, I think the kid has a decent shot at winning going by the footage. The egging might give him a slap on the wrist, but the continued pursuit and headlocking after the initial reaction should put him in the clear I figure.

Nevermind, Todd was faster.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Visa canceled: https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/davidcoleman/Pages/STATEMENT-ON-MILO-YIANOPPOLOUS.aspx

Context:
Bevan Shields @BevanShields

BREAKING: The Morrison government is considering a ban on Milo Yiannopoulos after he responded to the New Zealand massacre by describing Islam as a "barbaric" and "alien" religious culture.

This would be the third position in as many weeks.https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/morrison-government-considers-milo-yiannopoulos-ban-in-wake-of-christchurch-massacre-20190316-p514ri.html … #auspol

11:15 PM - Mar 15, 2019
I knew this would happen.

The only question is how long they pause demonising muslims for votes. A day? Two days? It will not be fucking long.

RIP to all victims. I lost my cousin in 13th November terrorist attack in France and I can imagine the pain to the living people. And it didn't made me an antimuslim, I am anti extremism. But I am a french black guy with part of my family christian, other Muslim and atheist.

Oct 25, 2017
You americans need to egg a couple of your politicians
The only question is how long they pause demonising muslims for votes. A day? Two days? It will not be fucking long.
Pretty ridiculous to see the oz liberal party act like they love their muslim brothers all of a sudden. Racist fucks fed the fire that led to this and now they're washing their hands.

Oct 27, 2017
I knew this would happen.

The minister personally intervened to give Milo a visa following backlash from right wing politicians after the Department of Immigration recommended that he be denied entry. That says more than enough.

Dec 10, 2017
Places need to be more pro-active about banning known vocal shitheels from spreading their garbage about. It's good they canceled his visa, but he shouldn't have been allowed one to begin with.
You americans need to egg a couple of your politicians
With the police state we have that would be at least an attempted murder charge; probably instant execution if a black guy like me attempted such. It's a good dream though.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Hard to believe something like this could even happen, coming from the US.
What power does the gun lobby in NZ have? Does it even exist? What gun-owning culture exists there? There are hundreds of millions of firearms in circulation in the U.S.

The path might be the same in both cases but one is much easier to accomplish.