• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 47092

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Is 'humane' really the priority for someone like this?
Yes.

We don't compromise our values whatsoever, under any circumstance.

Us Muslims also believe in the redemptive power of seeking forgiveness. There may be a time where he reflects and seeks to be forgiven - inshallah from Allah himself.

Jail, treat with dignity at the very least.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

Us Muslims also believe in the redemptive power of seeking forgiveness. There may be a time where he reflects and seeks to be forgiven - inshallah from Allah himself.

I hope he dies, however that happens I don't give a damn. I don't want forgiveness for that bastard.
A man who gleefully uses a WP sign in court, shows he's not in for redemption. He's happy he did this.

We don't give this line to ISIS terrorists, why should we give that chance of redemption to this one?
I hate this rhetoric.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Yes.

Like Breivik, this idiot doesn't look like the redemptive type. There's just some people who are above redemption.

Locking him away and forgetting he exists, depriving him of the fame and attention he wants, from talking to his audience and fan base, rot in isolation seem the best punishment in New Zealand.

Personally I would've buried him neck deep in the sands of Fallujah and prolonged his life as much as possible.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
There was some worry in our team as a colleague had gone home for a week and would have been at the mosque, but thankfully he was in bed due to jetlag.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I did watch the video (not for the killing).

I watched it to see how he reacted before and after the shooting.

The fact he was calm is crazy and I hope he suffers

Fierro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
1.5 million!? What the fuck is wrong with people?

I will say this, some new networks especially in Central America show you a lot of uncensored footage of different events. Though in this case when it is the shooter taking the footage to promote his hateful actions, yeah it is very fucked up and shouldn't be shared.

Lastbroadcast

Jul 6, 2018
Sydney, Australia
I'm sure there's going to be a debate in New Zealand about national security and guns (notice Jacinda Ardern already came out and said laws would change - and they will, you watch. The politics of guns is really different in Australia and New Zealand).

But that's not the most important debate. The most important debate is how this guy got radicalised, full stop.

If there was anything in Australian society that radicalised this guy, that needs to be dealt with. Same if he was radicalised in New Zealand.

If he was radicalised by Trump or other outside influences, then that's a whole other can of worms.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Getting really sick of the media in Australia , trying to paint him as an innocent little blonde kid who turned evil after his dad died .

If it was an isis bomber we wouldn't even know his name. Now we are getting a full trace of his home life and how good a boy he was when he was a kid.

Media need to start listening but sadly they just want the headlines.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017

Queensland man has allegedly rammed his car into a mosque south of Brisbane less than a day after terror attacks on two mosques in Christchurch.

A 23-year-old Browns Plains man had been suspended from driving after allegedly returning a positive roadside drug test in Stockleigh yesterday.

Police allege he went back to his car after being released from custody, and rammed it into the closed front gates of the Baitul Masroor Mosque.

It's alleged he shouted profanities at people inside before driving home where he was arrested.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't happen in New Zealand. You may be used to situations like this in America to the point where your police force is on the scene at a blazing fast speed, but you cannot comprehend the fact that this just doesn't happen here. You don't know what that means on a fundamentally societal level. You don't know what it's like to not have to expect mass shootings. How that influences things like response time.
Fair and salient point.

I feel like the world now has to be vigilant about these things.

Advance_Alarm

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Nah, people who jerk off over "Free Speech" at the expense of human lives and the rise of Nazis are the pathetic ones.

Who is the person jerking off over free speech? White supremacists can be deplatformed at any time by society once they decide to stop hosting their websites and stop giving them ads and clicks. Hopefully this tragedy moves people towards that.

Calling for a government run list of allowed ideologies isn't the answer.

Jan 10, 2018
Who is the person jerking off over free speech? White supremacists can be deplatformed at any time by society once they decide to stop hosting their websites and stop giving them ads and clicks. Hopefully this tragedy moves people towards that.

That is already a thing, it just targets brown and left people in most western countries

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw Trump demand for Fox to bring Jeanine Pirro back on the air. He's such a piece of shit. That's what he's focused on after an attack like this and it's fucking apparent it's completely on purpose. His way of sending a message.

Anubis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Read the guys post. He is clearly talking about making opinions illegal, not letting social networks enforce stricter TOS. The latter is obviously fine.
true cowardice is hiding behind freedom of speech to spew hatred.

Free speech should have checks and balances while holding those who abuse it accountable.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The Invisible Hand didn't protect 6 million Jews, it didn't protect Heather heyer, L'Simcha Congregation in Pittsburgh, or the 100+ casualties in NZ.

We're willing to fight extremists around the world, but not in our own back yards. So many resources devoted because of one 9/11, and yet the movement behind thousands of 9/11s has been handled with kid gloves by comparison.

Advance_Alarm

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
The Invisible Hand didn't protect 6 million Jews, it didn't protect Heather heyer, L'Simcha Congregation in Pittsburgh, or the 100+ casualties in NZ.

We're willing to fight extremists around the world, but not in our own back yards. So many resources devoted because of one 9/11, and yet the movement behind thousands of 9/11s has been handled with kid gloves by comparison.

Sine you are invoking Nazis, I will as well. Open a history book and read about the Reichstag Fire Decree. In response to a terrorist attack (false flag in the case of the fire, NZ attack obviously isn't) the German government restricted - (from wiki) personal freedom, freedom of expression, the freedom to organize and assemble, the privacy of postal, telegraphic and telephonic communications. Warrants for House searches, orders for confiscations as well as restrictions on property, are also permissible beyond the legal limits otherwise prescribed.

I partially agree with your "whataboutism" statement that islamic terrorists have huge resources put against them while white terrorists have very little. However, if you've watched recent DoJ congressional testimony there are lawmakers and agency officials that are very aware of the threat of radicalized home grown terrorists. That change in focus can't wholly be complete with the current government.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
New Zealand has been handling this so well.
Air NZ originally seemed to be bumping prices up for flights to christchurch, before the finance minister noticed people talking about it on twitter, and said he would give them a call.

Next thing you know flgihts are reduced to a quarter of the previous price, immediate family members fly free and extended family gets a further discounted rate.

Jul 18, 2018
true cowardice is hiding behind freedom of speech to spew hatred.

Free speech should have checks and balances while holding those who abuse it accountable.
I just got straight up threatened on twitter indirectly.
Context is that there was a post made about "soy boys" yelling at this woman (works for that show run by Alex Jones), so the ones support of him on twitter come on and say this is why we need guns to fight against soy boys. So i chirp in to say along lies of how it's sad you need a gun to be equal to the soy boy because you are too weak in the inside with insecurity.
Mob army comes, some indirectly threaten me saying they buy guns and or have guns to wad off soy boys like me. Report some toxic ones, twitter deemed it not abusive. Free army comes in saying how it's perfectly acceptable to say things like that etc.

When abuse/threats = protected by free speech. Like jeez, i can't wrap my head around that.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean intoxicated or not it seems like alcohol only brought out obvious racism he was barely containing.

Anubis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Context is that there was a post made about "soy boys" yelling at this woman (works for that show run by Alex Jones), so the ones support of him on twitter come on and say this is why we need guns to fight against soy boys. So i chirp in to say along lies of how it's sad you need a gun to be equal to the soy boy because you are too weak in the inside with insecurity.
Mob army comes, some indirectly threaten me saying they buy guns and or have guns to wad off soy boys like me. Report some toxic ones, twitter deemed it not abusive. Free army comes in saying how it's perfectly acceptable to say things like that etc.

When abuse/threats = protected by free speech. Like jeez, i can't wrap my head around that.
That's insane.

These racist and bigoted scum are truly galvanizing behind social media and when confronted with facts and sober thought, they cling onto their pathetic weapons. I hope we continue to expose them in spite of their threats.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Sine you are invoking Nazis, I will as well. Open a history book and read about the Reichstag Fire Decree. In response to a terrorist attack (false flag in the case of the fire, NZ attack obviously isn't) the German government restricted - (from wiki) personal freedom, freedom of expression, the freedom to organize and assemble, the privacy of postal, telegraphic and telephonic communications. Warrants for House searches, orders for confiscations as well as restrictions on property, are also permissible beyond the legal limits otherwise prescribed.

I partially agree with your "whataboutism" statement that islamic terrorists have huge resources put against them while white terrorists have very little. However, if you've watched recent DoJ congressional testimony there are lawmakers and agency officials that are very aware of the threat of radicalized home grown terrorists. That change in focus can't wholly be complete with the current government.
So your response to examples of countless deaths that occurred after the rise of right wing populist movements - all of which are proven to hijack new, unregulated forms of media and communication to spread their message - is to invoke Godwin's law and the slippery slope fallacy and then accuse someone else of whataboutism? Disgusting.

Last edited:

Tiamat

Nov 16, 2017

For me indirect threats are still threats.
I wasn't aware of the term soy boy, internet is incredible always a new word to insult people and put them in a category ...

On the free speech subject i'm All for it.
As a philosophical satanist, it's important to say what you have to say but always be aware that if you have this right the people in front of you have the same right.
So basically if you are dumb prepare to embrace the shitstorm.

Every time I am confronted with a racist moron , I try to understand why he is like this and maybe with good arguments I will make him understand why I think is wrong.
If that person can't say what he thinks, his hate will grow stronger overtime and maybe turn into something worse.
I think it's better to know people and try to civilise them than let them in their corner .

Another thing, black/death metal music have often extremely violent lyrics about killing people in atrocious manners, to kill Christians and all.
Have you often seen a black metal mass/serial murderer?
Do you think it needs to be censored?

To express yourself violently in music does not make you a bad person , same goes with video games.

I think it's really difficult to target someone online because of the keyboard barrier.
Most of the people talking shit and going full racist online are you nice coworkers or neighbors.
If you censor them what will happen?
Let them speak and you will see who they really are.