• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
The PDP thing is tertiary to the actual problem.

The global alt right is a creation of nihilism. These people are deeply nihilistic, they don't care about human life, they don't care about the sanctity of human existence. Everything the do isn't because of some deeply held racist beliefs, it's "for the lelz" because everything is a joke. Taking things seriously is a joke. Living is a joke. Doing something like this is a profound statement for their warped and perverse form of meaning that they derive from our hyper-reality. Because they spend all day online, being radicalized because that's the only avenue for "meaning" that they can actually find.

This is an issue that runs deeper than a youtuber and a few bad actors. This is an issue with how we treat the interconnectivity we now have and how social media actually isolates and insulates us more than anything else. How it allows people like these monsters to burrow in and bury themselves into this facade of meaningful engagement when it's all just them being manipulated by the most nihilistic sociopath's possible. People who literally just want the world to burn around them because they don't care about others, including their own thralls or their white nationalist ethnostate dreams, beyond how they can be used to give them a flash of importance before they themselves die meaningless deaths.

We are fucking live streaming mass murder not as a "look at this awful thing happening" but because it's a perverse form of engagement and entertainment. Because it's a window into madness without having to step there ourselves.

God this is so fucking depressing.
Well said and accurate as to where we are now.

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly though who the hell y'all following on twitter that is sharing this shit? I'd be blocking their asses.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I am literally shaking with anger right now.

Rest in peace to the victims.

The global alt right is a creation of nihilism. These people are deeply nihilistic, they don't care about human life, they don't care about the sanctity of human existence. Everything the do isn't because of some deeply held racist beliefs, it's "for the lelz" because everything is a joke. Taking things seriously is a joke. Living is a joke. Doing something like this is a profound statement for their warped and perverse form of meaning that they derive from our hyper-reality. Because they spend all day online, being radicalized because that's the only avenue for "meaning" that they can actually find.

This is an issue that runs deeper than a youtuber and a few bad actors. This is an issue with how we treat the interconnectivity we now have and how social media actually isolates and insulates us more than anything else. How it allows people like these monsters to burrow in and bury themselves into this facade of meaningful engagement when it's all just them being manipulated by the most nihilistic sociopath's possible. People who literally just want the world to burn around them because they don't care about others, including their own thralls or their white nationalist ethnostate dreams, beyond how they can be used to give them a flash of importance before they themselves die meaningless deaths.

We are fucking live streaming mass murder not as a "look at this awful thing happening" but because it's a perverse form of engagement and entertainment. Because it's a window into madness without having to step there ourselves.

Exactly. The sociopaths have become increasingly frenzied in the promotion of the idea that "If my life has no purpose, then everyone else's life is meaningless."

Oct 27, 2017
Awful. I'm just getting so tired of this. I feel so terrible for the victims, the families and their friends. The community. I don't know what else to say.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (duration pending): Requesting links to inappropriate content.
If anyone has footage feel free to pm it to me, rip to the victims.

How long until we hear "mental illness" from white folk

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Just horrific... can't believe how bad this is.

I can't understand why people go out of their way to watch videos of stuff like this, either.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm A Kiwi Muslim who grew up Dunedin and Hamilton. This is making me tear up. NZ is probably the most tolerant country for multi faiths and a beacon of how successful multi culturalism to the world.

But maybe I'm naive and hate is actually constantly simmering underneath our beloved Aotearoa
As a British Muslim that worked in NZ recently for a month , i found it to be a beautiful and tolerant place, people were some of the kindest and friendliest I've had the pleasure to meet, so I'm in shock at what's being reported.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I am literally shaking with anger right now.

Rest in peace to the victims.

Exactly. The sociopaths have become increasingly frenzied in the promotion of the idea that "If my life has no purpose, then everyone else's life is meaningless."

Feels like life is trending toward having a real life The Running Man or Rollerball.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
People in this thread asking for links to the video and saying "RIP" in the same sentence

Fucking really?

Really?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what online circles got him radicalized.

Who hits into the "white replacement" storyline for the internet age? Very clearly it's YouTubers.

Gonna bank this guy's a Stefan Molenyeux fan.

This is tragic, and arguably, an example of fake news leading to action. White people aren't in "danger", Jesus Christ.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Of course the media will talk about him and his manifesto for weeks, doing exactly what he wanted! Just erase this motherfucker from existance, talk about the tragedy but not him, don't give him coverage, he doesn't deserves any of that, fuck him

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
8chan users are saying their goodbyes, this is probably the end of the site

God, the video is just horrible! I'm speechless...
I mean I'm glad this particular rats nest may get blown up but what makes 8chan so special again? There are dozens if not hundreds of [blank] Chan websites. Are the servers on 8chan particularly secure or something?

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
It is underestimated how seriously these people take their "meme-y" view of the world.
On 8chan's /pol/, everyone is cheering on the shooter, and attacking anyone who disagrees.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
The way he acted, the stuff he wrote on the weapons, sounds like the typical 4chan troll.

Fucking horrifying.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
I am watching my local news. They had an interview with an eyewitness who was in the Mosque at the time. He said that he was in the side room, not the main room. Apparently the shooter had come through the main room.

Edit - Also the PM has stated that they have one person in custody

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you permanently kill a website? A community? You need a global effort.

Edit: 1 in custody, multiple shooting scenes
The websites are endemic of problems that run far deeper than the platforms they inhabit. If you nuke it sure you'll cut some off, but many will just move to the next thing just like the people who moved from 4chan to 8chan and 8chan to wherever else.

These places should be nuked from orbit, but we need to address the caustic underpinnings that cause these incidents in the first place. Lax gun laws, a deeply broken culture, entire generations that have nothing to find for meaning or connection. Instead now where people like that existed but were insulated, they have platforms to connect with the masses that agree that life is, ultimately, meaningless and empty. Which radicalizes and fosters this kind of banal view of "some people aren't people" which, despite their deeply held nihilism is an intentional conditioning technique.

They go to the alt-right and ethnonationalism because it allows them to recondition their internal empathy and the things in their brains that non-sociopathic people have that tell them "murder is bad". If these people, aren't people, then they aren't doing anything wrong. It's just a game, they're just shooting "monsters" not human beings with families and loved ones and hopes and dreams.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Kids growing up entirely on the internet are coming of age and this is what they are.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
The PDP thing is tertiary to the actual problem.

Depressing indeed. This is some black mirror shit. I just hope the casualties aren't as bad as they initially look.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Wonder what online circles got him radicalized.

Who hits into the "white replacement" storyline for the internet age? Very clearly it's YouTubers.

Gonna bank this guy's a Stefan Molenyeux fan.

This is tragic, and arguably, an example of fake news leading to action. White people aren't in "danger", Jesus Christ.
The thing that pisses me off about this is how accessible this right wing white nationalist media is.

It's a rabbit hole that gets you deeper and deeper until you start committing mass shootings. It's radicalization in broad daylight and no one gives a shit.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I am physically ill reading about this. Giving me horrible backlash of when Utøya happened in Norway. Fortunately I have not seen any of the videos and I do not intent to. Avoid it, he wants you to watch it, fuck him. RIP to all the dead.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Downplaying hate speech.
I meant that Pewdiepie being a not-so-subtle bigot with a shit ton of fans has not helped others to not be bigots. The supposed shooter is obviously a fan of him given the fact he said in a video to subscribe to him.
It is a meme. Like most of his manifesto, the dude knew how to hit the right points on getting the media's attention.

PewDiePie is a known bigot that does nothing to reign in his psychotic fanbase. So yeah. Fuck him.

And this is not related to the disgusting act that happened. Who PewDiePie is doesn't matter to why the lunatic terrorist shot up a mosque, the deranged man chose that path with or without PewDiePie's "psychotic fanbase" influences.