• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kingPaPi

Mar 28, 2018
Nyc/LA
Just watched the video

The people didn't stand a chance, he was extremely calm, calculated, and sweep the building like he was military.

I grew up in poverty and have been around gun violence my whole life, so I'm numb to seeing it

Sadly this is the world we live in, i personally don't ever see it changing.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
how many millions of people are his audience? I know he has millions of subs but I wonder how many of those actually watch his videos
A lot are kids, a lot just like him playing video games

But these kids are exposed and conditioned to think and dislike minorities

They are trained to find jokes about race funny and "offense is never intended only taken"

That mind set becomes fostered and grows into alt right ideology

The other difference betweeen PDP being "just" edgey is that we see a clear recruitment of alt right folk flocking to his channel

These guys have access to his community

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of this hostility isn't needed, nor was it even asked for. If you actually were to kindly go read my previous posts I never stated once that PewDiePie is the beacon of hope and justice, and that his prior actions are the greatest thing to ever occur to humanity. No, instead if you are to actually read the context I stated that the bit in the video was not in fact related to PewDiePie as he and his beliefs and past actions, instead it was a meme of a current competition going on between T-Series and PewDiePie.

No where, not once, did I agree with PewDiePie or defend him. So kindly back down from your attacks and before posting actually read the context.

To be clear when your first inclination in a thread about dozens of people being shot and killed is to try to contradict an "unfair" attack on a YouTuber I stand by what I said. Your priorities are fucked.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
Sick fuckers, should hunt down every cunt on that site cheering him on and prosecute for inciting violence.
To add insult to injury, the few people who aren't cheering on him are simply saying "he should have targeted a different group" or "the video is false, this is a conspiracy".
They really don't live in the real world. And while 8chan is certainly the worst of the worst, this way of seeing things is shared by many people on many other sites. It's a cancer that has spread nearly everywhere. And the shooter incarnates all of that.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do not want to venture on Twitter right now. I do not want to see what happened. It is destroying me emotionally just reading about it. I cannot fucking grasp how a person can do this.

This is me right now, I'm sitting here reading about it on Resetera, I don't want to even go to Twitter to follow news blogs or stations.

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was numb to this by now but this has me feeling levels of despair i can't even fathom. It hurts my brain that such evil scum exist in the world.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
All of this hostility isn't needed, nor was it even asked for. If you actually were to kindly go read my previous posts I never stated once that PewDiePie is the beacon of hope and justice, and that his prior actions are the greatest thing to ever occur to humanity. No, instead if you are to actually read the context I stated that the bit in the video was not in fact related to PewDiePie as he and his beliefs and past actions, instead it was a meme of a current competition going on between T-Series and PewDiePie.

No where, not once, did I agree with PewDiePie or defend him. So kindly back down from your attacks and before posting actually read the context.
How about you kindly shut the fuck up about PewDiePie .

radian8

Oct 25, 2017
I keep seeing people asking about NZ gun Laws. We have very strict gun laws and are not a big 'gun culture' country. This is why it's such a shock to Kiwis, this sort of thing just doesn't happen here and we never ever expect it to.

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017

Please just stop. Normally missing the point is simply annoying but here it literally makes me sick. The 'meme' is still tied up in far right "anti-PC" culture that directly feeds into this shit.

The more people continue to just not understand this, the more shit like this will happen. STOP.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

everyone is quite aware of 'subscribe to pewdiepie'. don't try to hand wave it with 'context!!', it's a fucking dog whistle in this context. you cannot be arguing in good faith. you can't be.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
We need to 100% stop pretending like we can have conversations or debate with people like this that are on the right and get them to change. The only thing we can do is shut them the fuck down, deplatform them every single time we can, make sure this kind of radicalization can't spread. The alt-right shitholes are just domestic-terrorist breeding grounds. They need to have as little reach as possible and no place to easily spread their crap or rope others in. Youtube needs a fucking purging too.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada

It's not related to PDP the person, it's related to a PDP meme? That is incredibly naive. PDP barely tries to hide his racism behind jokes and memes. You have to be intentionally daft not to see it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I read a shooter is in custody but there may have been multiple. Is there any update to this and have they been apprehended yet?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Wait I just saw the headline on my local news site and it's talking about two mosque... Was there multiple shooters or did he have time to go to two different mosque?

Oct 25, 2017
A lot are kids, a lot just like him playing video games

But these kids are exposed and conditioned to think and dislike minorities

They are trained to find jokes about race funny and "offense is never intended only taken"

That mind set becomes fostered and grows into alt right ideology

I think Frozenprince got it right, is deeper than watching meme videos on youtube, is the isolation and lost of meaning in life.

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a lot to make me tear up. But this has hit me hard. Aotearoa is so much better than this and we will prove it.

For the rest of the people even wanting to discuss anything PDP related, as a Kiwi it makes me beyond disgusted that you would even attempt to discuss at this point in time.

People cope in different ways friend, I think mainly people are angry that a popular figure that many defend on this forum has a small pet in potentially encouraging this person. I do think perhaps a seperate thread for discussions on how popular figures flirting with and participating in alt right / nazi viewpoints is more appropriate than this thread though.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Because I'm an idiot I actually took the time to read his bullshit and it just makes me even more mad. Fuck this piece of shit, if he were ranting about this shit on the subway I'd clock him in the face. His incessant ranting about white supremacy is infuriatingly stupid. And it's about fucking time we all take it more fucking seriously. No more writing off jokes from PDP and others as no big deal.

IT'S NOW A BIG FUCKING DEAL. This shit isn't just on stormfront anymore. And it's obviously infiltrating an entire generation of young white men.

Turbowaffles

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just wish we could all be at peace with each other and not fight or kill innocent people anymore. People with families that love them very much. People that make a difference in this world every day. Each light that gets snuffed out makes the world a darker and scarier place.

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017

No where, not once, did I agree with PewDiePie or defend him. So kindly back down from your attacks and before posting actually read the context. I understand this is a very, very hot topic, but I stated that the terrorist's comments were in fact not at all linked to PewDiePie outside of it being a meme. Poor taste of a meme? Fuck yes, but a meme nonetheless that doesn't link one to the other on grounds of reason.

Trust me, I do not like this. I believe all religion and culture should be intertwined respectively. I also fucking hate that this terrorist is Australian, born and bred in my home country where I live and shared with. That, is fucked up. But what needs to be done is understanding why, how and what can we do. Stop throwing it under the rug of "oh its just those silly white supremacists at it again!" because it isn't. This is serious, people are being groomed suffering mental illnesses that can not associate what is real and what isn't, and they are being told that immigration is bad and killing some people in New Zealand will help stop the boats.

That's a fucking lie.

I enjoyed your "please don't ban me" edit. Can you just stop?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

No where, not once, did I agree with PewDiePie or defend him. So kindly back down from your attacks and before posting actually read the context. I understand this is a very, very hot topic, but I stated that the terrorist's comments were in fact not at all linked to PewDiePie outside of it being a meme. Poor taste of a meme? Fuck yes, but a meme nonetheless that doesn't link one to the other on grounds of reason.

Trust me, I do not like this. I believe all religion and culture should be intertwined respectively. I also fucking hate that this terrorist is Australian, born and bred in my home country where I live and shared with. That, is fucked up. But what needs to be done is understanding why, how and what can we do. Stop throwing it under the rug of "oh its just those silly white supremacists at it again!" because it isn't. This is serious, people are being groomed suffering mental illnesses that can not associate what is real and what isn't, and they are being told that immigration is bad and killing some people in New Zealand will help stop the boats.

That's a fucking lie.
If you really needed another example of people using it as a xenophobic attack, here you go. It's as hateful and loaded with toxicity as pretty much any slur at this point

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fa...wwii-memorial-with-pleas-to-subscribe.104409/

Oct 25, 2017
I said over a decade ago that places like 4chan were a cancer. You used to get dogpiled by everyone telling you that it's all just for laughs and to stop being a pussy. This is the fucking endgame of decades of people acting like nothing fucking matters. These idiots are literally destroying the world and we're all pretty much forced to sit here with our thumb up our asses. Fuck everything.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How about you kindly shut the fuck up about PewDiePie .
Please just stop. Normally missing the point is simply annoying but here it literally makes me sick. The 'meme' is still tied up in far right "anti-PC" culture that directly feeds into this shit.

The more people continue to just not understand this, the more shit like this will happen. STOP.
everyone is quite aware of 'subscribe to pewdiepie', it's a fucking dog whistle in this context. you cannot be arguing in good faith, you can't be
Fair enough, it is clear that in a thread like this, this discussion can't be had. For the record, and as I stated before, I haven't said anything in support of PDP nor have I even endorsed the terrorist act. I just find it hard to believe that you straight up knee jerk attack me when I clearly outlined from the beginning why it wasn't directly related to PDP because it was a meme reference. Is PDP's toxicity a grooming scenario? Yes, of fucking course it is. But beside the point, here we are arguing semantics on something I clearly outlined and have been told I said something else.

I enjoyed your "please don't ban me" edit. Can you just stop?

I added it in as context on furthering my reply. Am I not allowed to defend myself when I'm being told I'm saying something I am not?

Freestyler

Oct 27, 2017
Something tells me NZ gun laws will most likely change after this terrorists attack.

Just so you know, we already have extremely strict gun laws. I've never seen an automatic weapon in my 33 years, other than when the Police are armed for specific events (they are not armed day-to-day, but some do have Glocks & automatic rifles locked in their cars).

So, no I don't think our already strict gun laws will change at all after this – the weapon that the shooter/s had are already extremely illegal and you would literally face jail time if you were caught in possession of one. How he/they managed to get such a weapon into NZ will obviously be a huge part of the investigation because someone (Customs, border patrol etc.) has dropped the ball big time.

A well-known NZ journalist did an "exposé" on a loophole in the gun laws that allowed her to order a single-shot (or whatever you call a non-automatic weapon) hunting rifle of some kind from a local gun shop, and the Police literally charged her with possession of weapons, so that gives you an idea of how seriously guns are restricted/policed here.