• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Don't go to Breitbart either. The comments almost made me more upset than the video itself.

Is it true he says "subscribe to PewDiePie" or something? Felix *absolutely* has to condemn this if he wants to keep his career.

Yes he does, right before going into the mosque.....

I've learned that "Subscribe to PDP" is some sort of Alt right meme as well...

I dont understand this meme age we live in these days.

When I was a kid, all our dumb shit we did only hurt ourselves.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck. Will the rising tide of white nationalism throughout the world ever be stopped?
Yes, because fascism at the end of the day is a stupid and unsustainable philosophy that will inevitably destroy itself whenever it becomes too powerful.

The problem is that it can easily take us with it.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that he probably got the gun legally makes me think background checks are pointless- after all, do any of these mass shooters have a background before their first massacre?

I guess it could stop their second mass shooting. Fuck civilians having guns.

How? That's next to impossible even for citizens

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Are you kidding? Not blasting this shit all over the place is a good step in preventing it.

I understand where you're coming from but I don't agree. Pretending it's not happening isn't appropriate. It's the biggest news story in the world right now so the news should be covering it.

These shootings won't stop if CNN stops reporting on them. The internet has changed that. This specific shooting is the perfect example of that.

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
In his manifesto he jokes about how Spyro 3 taught him ethno-nationalism and said his goal (aside from killing Muslims) is to inflame the gun debate in the US with the hope that liberals will ban guns, causing civil war and the collapse of the US, with the assumption that it will lead to the awakening of white Americans to white nationalism.

Not that racism, bigotry, or murder make sense in the first place, but the idea that we Americans would respond to his actions by banning guns is beyond crazy given how nothing has changed after tons of massacres on our own soil.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I honestly don't even understand what Michael Pachter's joke was going for?! What a fucking idiot.

I don't even understand Pachters tweet but you have to be pretty stupid to try and make any kind of joke after a terrorist attack.

What does that even mean? I don't understand his comment?

I may be mis-reading his Tweet (and I have no idea who he is), but I think he means he's not sure whether it's still March 14 (is that Pi day?) in New Zealand right now?

I don't think he was making a joke/being insensitive, he was just pointing out that it's actually March 15 here right now.

If it is a joke then fuck him. I probably mis-read the Tweet since everyone seems to be upset by it (sorry if that's the case) :(

It's a joke of the "edgy teenager" variety.

Patrick Klepek tweeted about a video of the shooting containing a reference to PewDiePie.

Pachter responded with the equivalent of, but it's not Pi day anymore (referencing PDP).

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck.

Just.. fuck, man.

I'm legit hoping this gets 8chan investigated as a terrorist organization. I realize it'll be tough but... I can hope.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't go to Breitbart either. The comments almost made me more upset than the video itself.

Is it true he says "subscribe to PewDiePie" or something? Felix *absolutely* has to condemn this if he wants to keep his career.

that's the very, very, very least someone in his position could do. he could also stop the bullshit subscription war. would have thought it stoking anti indian sentiment in his fan base would have been enough to do that then. and he's certainly going to have to do more than just throw money at the problem.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hm... On 8chan, the board owner of /v/ is strongly disturbed by the people cheering on the shooter (parts of what he said: "WHAT THE FUCK MAN? Fucking [redacted], it was meant to be a fucking larp. A FUCKING LARP. You don't fucking kill people and fucking joke about it you mentally ill fuck. What a fucking retarded psychopath. . . . Yes we make jokes about Hitler and Jews and Blacks, but it's the same shit as the satan shit in the 70's. No one deserves to die, because of their race, religion or their genitals.") and is getting mocked by a lot of people as a result.
It would seem that at least some people over there did not think that this whole hateful nonsense was serious. But the vast majority of the site is in favor of the shooter. If 8chan doesn't get shut down, it's very well possible that the non-serious "memey" users will simply leave, and the site will become even more vile than it already is...

edit: Missed an offensive swear there. Removed it.
It's amazing how these people don't realize that they've created and fostered this shit so of course impressionable kids that are lost in a sea of nihilism will, you know, actually take it seriously.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Shooter livestreamed his attack and before he started, he said "subscribe to PewDiePie."

The rest is bullshit he wants spread, so its best if you just ignore it. All you should care about is that a racist waste of space, potentially two, attacked a mosque and killed folks who were praying.
What the actual f*ck is going on in this world? 😔

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
The actual dangerous terrorism is all whitey and whiney, with memes and PewDiePie. Crossing my fingers we can cleanse the world from this shit asap.

dubsky

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
I notice there are a few Muslim posters in this thread. If you are reading this, I understand it may not mean much, but I love you. I wish nothing but peace for you.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes this world has always been terrible but the internet has made things worse. I hate to say this but todays events have no doubt inspired another person to continue "the work" or whatever they want to call this. And this will also probably inspire someone to retaliate against white supremacists, but they will probably kill more innocents.

My point is I don't see an end to the violence. There will always be another KKK, or ISIS, or Taliban, or whatever new group rises up. Every race has their hate groups and although they are the minority strictly by the numbers, they take up the headlines and attention the majority of the time.

If people could just learn to accept and respect other people's faith, beliefs, and ideals then maybe, just maybe this world could be better. I truly believe that the world can be a better and more productive world when we aren't trying to destroy each other.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit its worse than i thought. Trump is fucking posting to the news of this through Breitbart. I thought he was just advertising breitbart. Things need to be done.
Wait what?! I thought it was him winking and nodding to his white supremacist followers. But to actually tweet the news of this attack through nothing more than a link to fucking Breitbert? This motherfucker is emboldened. Doesn't even attempt the fake "thoughts and prayers" garabage he usually does.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes this world has always been terrible but the internet has made things worse. I hate to say this but todays events have no doubt inspired another person to continue "the work" or whatever they want to call this. And this will also probably inspire someone to retaliate against white supremacists, but they will probably kill more innocents.

My point is I don't see an end to the violence. There will always be another KKK, or ISIS, or Taliban, or whatever new group rises up. Every race has their hate groups and although they are the minority strictly by the numbers, they take up the headlines and attention the majority of the time.

If people could just learn to accept and respect other people's faith, beliefs, and ideals then maybe, just maybe this world could be better. I truly believe that the world can be a better and more productive world when we aren't trying to destroy each other.
Did you really just both sides this?

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I thought I was desensitized to this kind of stuff by now. I can't adequately explain how painful it is to hear about this.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit its worse than i thought. Trump is fucking posting to the news of this through Breitbart. I thought he was just advertising breitbart. Things need to be done.

As far as I can tell they are just links to the home page of Breitbart, which has this as it's lead story.

It's pretty clearly a nice big wink to the alt-right though.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
Regarding the redacted..

Storm? As in The Daily Stormer?

As in 8chan knew white supremacists were an audience on their website?
Storm as in Stormfront.

There aren't and they're playing you.
I hang around these circles often. I believe that a few of them really do not think that this is serious, but that this is all a big "meme", and that allows them to be part of a community and say outrageous garbage. But by "a few" I mean "one in a thousand". As I said, everyone in that /v/ thread is mocking the board owner for ever thinking that the community was not serious about insulting and hurting people. They are inhuman sociopaths and their whole self-identification rests upon that, so they're proud of it.

This in itself is not a big deal (in that 8chan is a pile of garbage anyway, we all know that), but I am almost convinced that the same demographic is to be found in tons of other online forum boards (obviously 4chan, but also reddit, Twitter, etc). The only reason they can't call for the mass killing of particular groups is because they fear the moderation, and the only reason they don't go out and actually commit shootings is because they are scared (and most likely lazy). But it takes just one of them to have the motivation to actually get weapons and risk getting killed by the police, and this is the result.
The Internet has become a horrible place. This isn't even just a matter of "being radicalizd by the alt-right". It is ultimately meme culture that is behind all this, in my opinion.

READ THIS

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Please do not do the following in this thread:
  • Post any video footage from the event
  • Post or quote any part of any manifesto
  • Link or quote 8ch posts
  • Request any links to any of the above
We're not interested in rewarding the murderer with a platform for his views or an audience for his crimes. We're not interested in giving a platform to 8ch.

If you see any of the above, please report the post in question immediately so a moderator can remove it.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what?! I thought it was him winking and nodding to his white supremacist followers. But to actually tweet the news of this attack through nothing more than a link to fucking Breitbert? This motherfucker is emboldened. Doesn't even attempt the fake "thoughts and prayers" garabage he usually does.
Its both apparently. Its the breitbart homepage but the top story covering it is the NZ shooting.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god I'm arguing with someone who is saying "How can you be SURE he was a regular on 8chan? Its Anonymous!"

kingslunk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I understand where you're coming from but I don't agree. Pretending it's not happening isn't appropriate. It's the biggest news story in the world right now so the news should be covering it.

These shootings won't stop if CNN stops reporting on them. The internet has changed that. This specific shooting is the perfect example of that.

CNN isn't live right now. They prolly don't have the cast on hand to go live. All I'm saying is reporting it and moving on is the best way forward. Even in this thread people are talking about his manifesto etc etc

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Are people who have watched the video able to confirm 100% that he said the PewDiePie thing? I cant believe that shit.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Well how the fuck else did it get to new zealand and then to him? It's not like they built it there. There's obviously a failing here somewhere

I have no answer for you. Someone travelling here is not going to legally possess a firearm and that its very difficult to own one even if you were born here.
This is an unprecedented tragedy of this type for us.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Stay away from twitter for your own mental health. My own home page isnt safe from random videos of the shooting popping up in the feed.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
To the NZEra and MuslimEra people here, I'm so sorry and I fucking hate this shit as much as you do. We love you and we wish you will overcome this. NZ, please, fight this and make sure this does not happen again.

And if that PPD thing is true, yell and shame him until he owes up to his bullshit.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys have to be more cynical than that. The 8 Chan owner is probably just trying to save face if some government or media comes after him. There is absolutely no way a pedophile hate group website is "memes".

Guy is not fooling anyone.