• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the quick replies. That's disgusting. He should be owning this then. The foulness that he perpetuates through his videos these days relative to his popularity and influence just makes what he does seem so careless.

Best way for me to describe it is just a lack of respect for anyone or anything. That's the vibe I get from his videos, and it's clearly rubbing off on his audience.

Not saying he's to blame here, but he needs to be a lot more careful about what he chooses to say and do due to how big of a personality he is.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know how mob bosses like Trump use vague language and certain terms to mean something else that everyone understands? Trolling is that for internet language among these groups. Its like even when people give their denials or apologies they know what they really mean. It's like how racists have had to go into hiding and publicly decry racism but everyone knows the signals. ANd its infuriating, and Trump literally did it tonight while this was happening. We need a stronger stance against this behavior.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
He usually makes videos on this kind of stuff in response. I'd personally wait to see what he says in his inevitable video.

Of course I'm not really expecting a lot from that either.
Guarantee he is going to 100 percent deflect any blame from himself and paint himself as some sort of victim in all of this.

He's a fucking gutless coward and a sociopath

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone showed be the livestream...jesus fucking christ that was the worst thing I've ever watched. Holy fuck, I hope these people are fucking erased from Earth

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Downplaying hate speech
reads like a pretty strong condemnation of the attacker to me. what kind of repsonse would you have preferred?
People just to get angry at Felix for everything. Not the biggest fan of him, but I don't think he's at fault for any of this.

This is fucking horrible though, I can't fathom how these horrible people managed to acquire such heavy weapons in a pretty gun free country like there.

Last edited:

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PDP giving nothing short of an apology for the kind of culture he has fostered over the years is not good enough. Fuck him and his defenders

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Guarantee he is going to 100 percent deflect any blame from himself and paint himself as some sort of victim in all of this.

Nah to the first part.

He'll say it's horrible. He'll say he thinks this is vile. He'll say he hates everything about this.

But he won't call out his viewers who support this and tell them to fuck off. He is definitely a gutless coward.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Take responsibility for what. Have you read the killers manifesto he does not mention pdp.
If you can't tell, pewdiepie is responsible for catering towards white supremacists and a portion of his fan base consists of these people. He is responsible for them conspiring together and giving them a common ground. He may not be directly responsible for orchestrating their movements but as a celebrity of theirs it's his responsibility to denounce them and put an end to their support of one another.

necrosis

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

yep

he'll just use the "gee, This Dude was bad" video template that, among others, he used for the nazi youtuber that he pushed on his viewers

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
oh god this is horrible, the fact that the person was live streaming it is inhuman, what reason would compel a person to do this

all those lives lost rip

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Threads moving fast and don't wanna dig up any information in fear of seeing videos:

How is PDP involved?

This world is fucking ugly, needless violence needs to stop and the asshats in the capital and the ones leading the far right movements need to be held accountable.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
I want him to condemn white supremacy and Islamophobia. I think there's a not insignificant amount of his viewers who believe shit like Muslims are invading countries.
I want to see him realistically and earnestly evaluate his contributions to a culture that allowed for this to happen. Then I want to see him promise to help fight this shit and start making real concerted efforts to do so. Not just financial donations but also using his platform to denounce hate... I don't think he's beyond redemption, but he has a long fucking road ahead of him if he wants to prove he's not a total piece of shit. (I'm not holding my breath on this.)

Nawid

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Threads moving fast and don't wanna dig up any information in fear of seeing videos:

How is PDP involved?

This world is fucking ugly, needless violence needs to stop and the asshats in the capital and the ones leading the far right movements need to be held accountable.
The guy apparently yelled "subscribe to pewdiepie" on the stream before killing.

Emmert

Banned
Oct 23, 2018
I want to see him realistically and earnestly evaluate his contributions to a culture that allowed for this to happen. Then I want to see him promise to help fight this shit and start making real concerted efforts to do so. Not just financial donations but also using his platform to denounce hate... I don't think he's beyond redemption, but he has a long fucking road ahead of him if he wants to prove he's not a total piece of shit. (I'm not holding my breath on this.)

That's where I'm at too. It would be nice, but I don't know if he is beyond redemption.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019

How is PDP involved?

The Perp who livestreamed yelled out "Subscribe to PewDiePie!" shortly before he started shooting.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Just remember after this: Channers, the Alt-right, GGers, etc are not fucking Trolls. They are radicalized right-wing extremists. These people are fucking terrorists.

They are not trolling, they never were. We need to come down hard on them, always.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma

How is PDP involved?

One of the shooters said "subscribe to Pewdiepie" Right before the shooting.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
some introspection would be a nice start
To be fair he will most likely cover it in one of his videos, like he did when another hate crime got associated with his name recently (although writing "subscribe to pewdiepie" on a WWII memorial is cetainly not on the same degree as saying "subscribe to pewdiepie" before shooting up a mosque).

The perpetrators had shit written all over their guns like "Constantinople" and other Middle Age references. This is absolutely Extremist Christian terrorism.
Did you read the manifesto? The shooter says he does not know yet if he is a Christian or not.
He openly rejects many core tenants of Christianity (in particular, he praises revenge), but he also justifies himself with something a Pope said, and he says the West will retake Constantinople (which is rather stupid, as the Catholic sack of Constantinople then oppressive invasion of Orthodox land was a huge factor in the fall of Constantinople that would happen 200 years later).
He does not identify as a Christian, his sole Christian justification is completely untenable, and he makes it clear again and again that his motive is philosophical/social, not religious. That his last words on 8chan were "see you in Valhalla" would imply that he identifies more with paganism, if anything.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
reads like a pretty strong condemnation of the attacker to me. what kind of repsonse would you have preferred?
"This person." Dude has an audience of almost 90 million people. Call the shit out for what it is. Give a name to it and be specific. Anything short of calling out the neo nazis white supremacist audience he has cultivated is too little at this point.

Thoughts and prays aren't worth anything when he's just going to make another video telling his followers to be mad at brown people the next day.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How is PDP involved?

PDP has been pointed to for quite a while fostering an audience of white supremacists. Now we got a video of the guy saying sub to him before he kills everyone. And yet we still have people in here pretending none of that exists and all these awful people running in the same circles is a big fat coincidence etc etc. Overall, shit people defending other shit people.

Oct 25, 2017
You know what guys, I'm getting tired of people coming in here asking what these shit stains involvement is, any of these people that help embolden white supremacy are culpable for this. Coming in here trying to defend PewdiePie is fucking asinine. If that's the comment you're making in this thread, don't freaking make it.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017

How is PDP involved?

The killer used the subscribe to PDP meme before committing the act.

Regardless of PDP not being the direct cause he sure has fuck as this audience and does nothing but play to it with this shit.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait so this was multiple people? How many shooters were there? Regardless I think 8chan has certainly lost the right to exist. Too much awful shit has come from there. Sure those people will plan find new places. But breaking that centralized trash up would be a good start.

Nov 20, 2017
"This person." Dude has an audience of almost 90 million people. Call the shit out for what it is. Give a name to it and be specific. Anything short of calling out the neo nazis white supremacist audience he has cultivated is too little at this point.

Thoughts and prays aren't worth anything when he's just going to make another video telling his followers to be mad at brown people the next day.

X

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's the other way around

You guys are being played

He's pleading to his brothers in ideology with his manifesto, and he wrote it in a way that people would dismiss as deranged/trolling
That's what I mean when I say he's trolling. Like he's giving a shout out to his 8chan bros by being "ironic". I don't know, like the Candace Owens radicalized him part just seems like he's trolling blaming his White supremacy on a Black woman.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Heartbreaking news to wake up to. Already seen a bunch of twats posting the video, gonna just avoid Twitter/Facebook.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair he will most likely cover it in one of his videos, like he did when another hate crime got associated with his name recently (although writing "subscribe to pewdiepie" on a WWII memorial is cetainly not on the same degree as saying "subscribe to pewdiepie" before shooting up a mosque).

Did you read the manifesto? The shooter says he does not know yet if he is a Christian or not.
He openly rejects many core tenants of Christianity (in particular, he praises revenge), but he also justifies himself with something a Pope said, and he says the West will retake Constantinople (which is rather stupid, as the Catholic sack of Constantinople then oppressive invasion of Orthodox land was a huge factor in the fall of Constantinople that would happen 200 years later).
He does not identify as a Christian, his sole Christian justification is completely untenable, and he makes it clear again and again that his motive is philosophical/social, not religious. That his last words on 8chan were "see you in Valhalla" would imply that he identifies more with paganism, if anything.

None of it is surprising. A lot of white supremacists are obsessed with "Christendom". They're not Christians, but they are "cultural Christians" in that they consider Christianity to be a part of the western tradition and any encroachment of a foreign religion is therefore an attack on it.

Hence the worship of Crusaders, the Byzantine Empire, Catholic and Orthodox art, the obsession with Russia, etc. that is prevalent among a lot of them these days.