• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
This is only going to happen more in the future as landline tv becomes more and more extinct and people consume even more of their daily entertainment from the internet. Without social media site owners taking a hard stance against alt-right propaganda and influence this will only grow.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Jacinda Ardern, 2019

"We New Zealanders were not chosen for this act of violence because we condone this racism, or because we are an enclave of extremism, we were chosen for the very fact that we are none of these things,"​

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
Why the fuck are some of you even watching/looking for the video?
Morbis curiosity? Why do you want to see death of innocent people?
I think it's important to know what kind of world we live in... I will not shelter myself from real life.

I need a link that shows this being organized and cheered on by 8chan. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE VIDEO. But I need to let some people know that 8chan is doing this. They dont believe me. And they need their eyes opened.
I believe the original thread got deleted, but let me see if I can find an archive of it or something. But I probably won't.
I don't know why anyone would try to argue with you that 8chan has nothing to do with it though. As for 8chan cheering on it, just go to about any thread on any board on the site that is about the shooting...

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
This is the worst possible news to end a day on. Goddamn.

When are sites like 4chan and 8chan going to be shutdown? When are people on those sites going to be on watchlists?

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Saw footage that was playing on the news (obviously didn't show anything too graphic).

That rifle he was using and all those shots. WHAT THE FUCK.

how did he even get access to that?

Apparently he spent 2 years planning a terror attack and 3 months this attack when he moved to NZ.

How did they capture him?
I think it was a shotgun not a rifle. So presumably easier to access... not sure about the laws in NZ though.

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Fucking hell. I was at work when our phones lit up like a Christmas tree. Didnt think the commotion was about a shooting incident.
Luckily I'm in Aucklans so nowhere near that but yeah its shocking.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Just woke up to this news. So devastating...
My deepest condolences to the families and friends of the victims, to the Muslim community and to anyone in New Zealand.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Also, to all Muslim users and lurkers, you deserve better. I can't speak for everyone here, but I think the vast majority of us love you all. Don't let this news tell you that there's no hope. There are people that will support and protect you! All of you are just as valid as anybody else on this planet!

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
User Banned (2 Weeks): Consistent history of inflammatory generalizations across a variety of topics; numerous accumulated infractions
Are you really that dense that you believe that is the official position of the Australian government?

Where am I saying that you cunt? I am saying it has the coats of arms in it so what some people will think it is actually from the government.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
This is only going to happen more in the future as landline tv becomes more and more extinct and people consume even more of their daily entertainment from the internet. Without social media site owners taking a hard stance against alt-right propaganda and influence this will only grow.

It's stochastic terrorism. Violent, hateful views get transmitted into the ether, always divorced by one or two steps from actual incitement, all the while knowing that someone, somewhere will translate it into action.

Jul 18, 2018
Ah ok. I saw that it was a semi-auto shotgun on Wikipedia, but that must be wrong. Or maybe both were used by one or more of the terrorists.
In the video... He uses a shotgun for entry fatal shots, throws it on ground after emptying ammunition that was loaded. Then pulls/holsters up the AR, shoots, reloads, keeps going

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely disgusting attack, Felt even more disgusted when i learnt he was Australian. This country is turning to shit thanks to our governments constant grandstanding about immigration and terrorists and aholes like fraser anning writing stupid shit like mentioned above.

Our whole government is to blame, with the constant rhetoric of Immigrants are bad, terrorism e.t.c they have bred shit like this. Not to mention crap like 8chan, pewdiepie and the other nazis who seemingly get a free pass.

Fucking disgusting.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
D1rWsCPUYAExYHA.jpg%3Alarge

This is an elected Australian Senator....

I am struggling so much to believe this is a real response...and to still signal more fighting and killing at the end...as if to glorify the killer for doing God's work....it just can't be real. This isn't reality

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if it's direct advocation then yeah I agree shut at least a section of 4chan down until it can be restructured. However people should be allowed to have hateful views and express them as long as they are not directly advocating violence, and that applies to the internet aswell.
Hate is violence, fuck out of here with this bullshit right now.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im sorry but I will not because I believe that we can not just make choices on human rights whenever we feel like it, despite how much we will despise the effects. I don't think either of our minds will change so can we agree to disagree, to avoid derailing the discussion?

Mate you are defending hate speech in a thread where 40 people just got murdered by a right wing extremist.

Nobody is agreeing to disagree with you, that is just fucked up.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I made a mistake reading the comments section of the terrorist getting taken down by the cops...

A huge majority of the comments are saluting him and joking about the situation.

One said "it's not a synagogue but it's still the best thing that's happened all year."

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with people?

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I made a mistake reading the comments section of the terrorist getting taken down by the cops...

A huge majority of the comments are saluting him and joking about the situation.

One said "it's not a synagogue but it's still the best thing that's happened all year."

They are YT comments. Trolls, bots, multiple accounts, brigading etc... it's not an actual reflection of how the world feels at the moment. There are terrible people out there that support this but they are not the majority.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I hope they r investigated while hiding behind their keyboards. Freedom of speech should have checks and balances.