• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are YT comments. Trolls, bots, multiple accounts, brigading etc... it's not an actual reflection of how the world feels at the moment. There are terrible people out there that support this but they are not the majority.

Yeah I don't know about this actually. Unless the entirety of FoxNews are 'trolls and bots', nothing really explains that utterly depraved comment section. The very first article on a google search has nothing but support for the shooter.

343N

Sep 11, 2018
It has the Australian coat of arms on it, and let's not lie ourself m8 a big part of the Australian government is racist AF.

He is a single senator for a single state. He is not representative of the Australian Government, but it's probably likely that the Australian Government is racist (though not to Fraser Anning's extent).

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Also, to all Muslim users and lurkers, you deserve better. I can't speak for everyone here, but I think the vast majority of us love you all. Don't let this news tell you that there's no hope. There are people that will support and protect you! All of you are just as valid as anybody else on this planet!
Well said! This post speaks for me as well. All my love to the Muslims of Resetera and the world. Nobody deserves to live in fear and terror!

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
I need a link that shows this being organized and cheered on by 8chan. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE VIDEO. But I need to let some people know that 8chan is doing this. They dont believe me. And they need their eyes opened.
In terms of what goes on on 8chan, there is likely very little or nothing of actually planning or organizing this. . It is a website sorta like reddit but instead of having forums like gaming, or hiking its forums are more like literalVideosOfMurder, or Stormfront. The website fosters extremists by putting them in a bubble with people already more extreme than them and it just cycles apon itself. "This was self defence of the white race" would be a common and acceptable opinion of this event on 8chan.

The importance of 8chan leading to this event is mostly 1. It radicalized this kid, and 2. Likely introduced him to whoever helped with this garbage.
As for this being an organized terrorist attack, we probably won't understand the full extent to how that happened for a long time.

I won't provide tangible proof. I don't want to visit 8chan to get it,and screenshots of the site are banned here, but the fact that you can't reach the site from google should be a pretty damn good indicator that whats on the site is fairly unpalatable for most people.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Wow. Those poor people.

What a horrid, horrid incident. And meanwhile seeing that Fraser Annink statement they use an incident like this to spout their political beliefs? Completely devoid of any human emotion.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Idiots on twitter (and here) saying "Just saw the live stream of the New Zealand shooter, it's traumatising" you went out of your way to go and watch a snuff movie. Get fucked.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
He is a single senator for a single state. He is not representative of the Australian Government, but it's probably likely that the Australian Government is racist (though not to Fraser Anning's extent).

For many years Australia has conducted migrant offshoring, wherein those fleeing oppressive regimes to their north are apprehended at sea and sent to camps in Narau and Christmas Island, where children were routinely subject to hideous abuses and all were left to rot while reporters were almost explicitly banned from relating their stories.

Australia's official policies are deeply xenophobic.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
My condolences to anyone affected by this tragedy.

Also, all my hate and disrespect to anyone who's in any way part of the right wing movements that spawned this shit, or anyone defending it. I hope you fuckers will suffer for all eternity.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I don't know about this actually. Unless the entirety of FoxNews are 'trolls and bots', nothing really explains that utterly depraved comment section. The very first article on a google search has nothing but support for the shooter.

I think at some point we as a society of the western world fully lost our way, I know a lot post 9/11 shit is what started this and it goes even further back to lots of other political decisions that have been made over the years but still it's fucking extremely sad to see people supporting this act. We are all human.

I used to hope things would get better.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Idiots on twitter (and here) saying "Just saw the live stream of the New Zealand shooter, it's traumatising" you went out of your way to go and watch a snuff movie. Get fucked.
Except most of us didn't? We either ended up seeing auto-play videos of it in one of our feeds (my expereince) or clicked something without knowing what to expect before the story was fully out there. Yes, it's fucking traumatizing. No need to add insult to it...

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
This is just too horrible to believe.

From what I can gather it seems like these assholes were radicalized in places well known to people who frequent the internet. These sites need to be taken way more serious by authorities.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Except most of us didn't? We either ended up seeing auto-play videos of it in one of our feeds (my expereince) or clicked something without knowing what to expect. Yes, it's fucking traumatizing. No need to add insult to it...

Well there are still people who actively looked for it. So my point stands.

And if something "auto plays in a feed" you should know to instantly stop watching.

Oct 27, 2017
D1rWsCPUYAExYHA.jpg%3Alarge

This is an elected Australian Senator....
What the FUCK

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Saw an article posted that showed him taking pics and shit of his guns and posting it all to Facebook in the days before... he was quite open about his intent, how did no one notice? Or is everyone of his fb friends supportive?

I haven't read his manifesto, and don't plan to...any incel garbage in there?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Technically, he wasn't elected (In fact he got 19 first preference votes), when the person who was elected was deemed ineligible, he got given the job
basically he was 3rd on the one nation (amazingly, the less racist option here) ticket and the guy above him got booted for being english and not declaring it (it was a thing) so he got in by default on pauline hanson's coattails. he then immediately quit the party and went independent. afaik he only had 19 first preference votes.
It's not from the government, it's from a Senator who isn't a member of any political party because he's too much of a piece of shit even for the far right who were initially willing to have him.

There are two things to consider here. Australia's federal senate uses a very complicated system of transferable preferences which means people can end up being elected despite receiving very small proportions of the vote. Secondly, Anning wasn't elected, but took the spot of a different member of his former party who was barred from serving.

There's lots of racism in Australia and the far right is certainly resurgent. But it's the same as it is in the US, UK, Europe, Canada etc... they're posting on a lot of the same sites, listening to a lot of the same people. Anning isn't evidence that there's something special about Australia in this regard. Similarly, that Australia is very likely to have a left-wing government soon isn't evidence that the symptoms that led to Trump, or Brexit, aren't present.

Well, Queensland, but see above (and DrSlek's post).
Thanks. That context is at least somewhat reassuring.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Hey guys, thank for the support. Crazy what's going on here at the moment. I don't think it's appeared on the news yet but the aiport in ChCh is also in lockdown and all domestic departures were cancelled about a couple of hours ago.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf at them labelling it a serious firearms incident instead of a terrorist attack?

they called it that initially when they were still confirming reports and are probably sticking to the terminology in the heat of investigation. will probably relabel as time goes on

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
Fucking terrorist! I just cannot fathom why all this hate. How can you become so dense, so fucking ignorant, that you kill 40 innocent human beings? Sadly, they didn't get shot, so I hope they get a life sentence.
Sadly the reasoning behind it is simple: if you are at war, and your ennemy is trying to kill you and your relatives, you must defend yourself, or better yet, kill them before they kill you.
He, and countless people throughout history, has done mental gymnastics to think of himself as being in that position. In his case, it is alt-right memes and cynical observations that have brought him to this conclusion (and he doesn't seem to be the deepest thinker either).

Oct 27, 2017
What horrible news to wake up to.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un

I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight.

I will go to Friday prayers tomorrow. I'm not scared. But I'm sick to my stomach.

Same here. The Vienna Islamic Center I go to usually has some police presence nearby so that should give us some peace of mind. I'll be praying for all of us.

Re: pewdiepie's culpability, all these white terrorists seem to cite those alt-right types (Shapiro, etc) in their manifestos so maybe, just maybe they share some responsibility? Maybe that's how they got radicalized in the first place?

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this.

Really fucked up.

Pos.

And fuck those enablers, forums and influencers. YouTube can do something about this, YouTube must do something about this.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This awful tragedy should be another wake up call to question how online radicalization works and how on every step of the way it's helped by a spectrum of actors and algorithms. But I expect reactions to range from victim blaming to "eh, what can you do".

Bastables

Dec 3, 2017
How hard is it to say terrorism? Fire arms incident?
The cops will probably be unable prosecute them for terrorism, so murder and fire arm will be the cases built, they probably don't want to get the crown prosecutor any big weaknesses when it comes to court.

Note the terrorism suppression act has never successfully been prosecuted so the Chch cops are hedging their bets. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_Suppression_Act_2002

This sort of thing always lead to the NZ police giving if not in actuality but the apperence of conducting a insurgency against the English language.

Last edited:

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
What a terrible tragedy. My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

So the terrorists weren't picked up by any intelligence service... I'm sure they were active on social media. Rightwing terror still isn't taken as seriously as islamic terror is, and this has to end for fucks sake.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
What a terrible tragedy. My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

So the terrorists weren't picked up by any intelligence service... I'm sure they were active on social media. Rightwing terror still isn't taken as seriously as islamic terror is, and this has to end for fucks sake.

Very true.