• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Deplatform, Debunk, and Deride these fucks. Don't give them the satisfaction of acknowledging their malformed trash tier ideology as worth an autopsy. Don't elevate their bullshit hatemongering by protecting it as "free speech".

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
It feels... Telling, that the first I hear of this is a message left by a friend wondering if it would ever actually be worth it (implicitly, safe) to move out of Malaysia, as he's long hoped. This shitstain terrorist has gotten what he wanted - people scared for their lives, regardless of where they are.

Fuck him and all others that believe the same.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand, there are reports that the shooter visited Pakistan in October of last year and loved it and called the people there "The most earnest, kindhearted and hospitable people in the world", fuck me what happenned in 4 months , Im confused as all hell because I think the explanations that people were throwing early on the thread may not completely fit.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The problem is that this isn't a new thing. These services happily look the other way when it involves white nationalism. The only thing people can do is boycott them. Delete your Facebook and Twitter.

I think it's not up to the public, in the same way it's not up to the public to fight other domestic threats. These are not angry forum posters, these are criminal groups. It's not about developing strategies to defeat incels or regressive nerds in online debates, it's about jailing people before they hurt others.

The authorities absolutely need to make this a priority.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn sad when the POTUS makes a statement acting like he cares when you know he doesn't.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I might be parsing this incorrectly, but I think he's saying that PewDiePie and Candance Owens are awful (at least I hope he is), and that the shooter's manifesto seems to be riddled with red herrings

Is it red herrings tho; sarcasm about spyro doesn't mean the game is a secret mein kamf (sp, and i dont care to fix it, lol).

But the jokey, wink wink about it all shows clear lines to what we all know. While the mainstream media is clutching their pearls having somehow not realized it today, the phrasing and points read not like crazy rants when you minus the racism, but writing styles you see on this very forum. Quick off the hip sarcasm, pop culture references...etc. It shows how the online lulz vs offline reality are one in the same

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's not up to the public, in the same way it's not up to the public to fight other domestic threats. These are not angry forum posters, these are criminal groups. It's not about developing strategies to defeat incels or regressive nerds in online debates, it's about jailing people before they hurt others.

The authorities absolutely need to make this a priority.
I agree about the authorities, but at the same time there's no denying that social media companies have opened up avenues to radicalization. It's easy to see how people, especially young people, get sucked into this rabbit hole. For example, YouTube recommended is often flooded with a shitload of alt right propaganda. Nothing is done about this, despite the repeated warnings. If authorities had any sense they would force them to take action.

Deleted member 15948

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont understand, there are reports that the shooter visited Pakistan in October of last year and loved it and called the people there "The most earnest, kindhearted and hospitable people in the world", fuck me what happenned in 4 months , Im confused as all hell because I think the explanations that people were throwing early on the thread may not completely fit.

I don't know if we're allowed to even discuss the manifesto in any way, but it's not confusing at all having read it (which is by the way 95% garbage, shitposting, and quoted poetry and 5% typical white genocide alt-right psycho garbage talking points.)

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

Radicalized online

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Truly horrifying. Heart goes out to those affected, and those in here that would be going to pray today.

Please spare me the 'poor Pewdiepie' shit that's going to erupt to support him over the internet. People with influence need to start taking responsibility.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping no one takes the manifesto seriously. It seems like a sickening attempt to troll the left than anything else.

Oct 25, 2017
When you see all these "thoughts and prayers" get rolled out take notice of the ones who don't acknowledge the Muslim communities attacked. They'll do their damndest to never mention them and go right back to using Muslims as boogeymen in a few days time.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Hoping no one takes the manifesto seriously. It seems like a sickening attempt to troll the left than anything else.

Oh we DO need to take it seriously. Especially this view that he was inspired by Candice Owens and thinks Donald Trump gave a helpful rise to white identity nationalism. If you put the manifesto as crackpot you are especially dismissing those. You need to take it seriously AND condemn at the same time. This view in the manifesto is shared by almost all white nationalists

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This is exactly what I was afraid of when I went to bed last night: waking up and seeing that the death toll skyrocketed like Pulse.

I want to vomit.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
It is a terrorist attack.

If the intent is to cause terror and harm it is one.

I thought it was just one shooter but since multiple people have been arrested then it must have been planned for a good amount of time.

I'm glad they were captured alive, I'm hoping anyone else connected gets arrested.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
This is so sad. I was reading this before bed yesterday...jesus man.

It ticks me off to think people are spreading this on instagram of some bullshit social media platform and having a laugh or just don't care. No joke a lot of people casually watch gifs of people in misery and it's like watching a funny cat video to them.

I will not look this shit up. So flicking sad. Not sure what else to say, these terrorist are savages. Just thrown all these assholes in a gladiator style area and let them have a go at their hate to each other. Leave everyone else in peace ffs.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Also, fuck Kanye West. The amount of harm he's probably caused by giving Candace Owens a platform is fucked. I had never heard of her before his dumb ass boosted her. He's an irredeemable terrorist enabler as well.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck. Just waking up to this. So goddam sad and infuriating.

White Nationalists are truly the biggest enemy in the world right now.

Saw this too. He is spot on with this analysis.

Wajahat AliWajahatAli 8h8 hours ago

The victims are not just Muslims, but also Jews, immigrants, refugees, Blacks, Sikhs, Latinos & women (they really hate feminists). It's a zero sum absolutism. No grey area. Just like ISIS. These groups are rising in the US & Europe. They have mainstream elected messengers.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Facebook, Twitter and Google should be ashamed of themselves for not doing more to take down the videos. Absolutely inexcusable and unacceptable.
Absolutely agree. With the money they have, technical ability and emerging AI, there is no reason these videos should ever make it past the upload/link to be viewable.

I think lawsuits against those sites may force them to take action.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just woke up and read this... 49 dead. Usually this fucked up world has desensitized me so much but this is truly chilling

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh we DO need to take it seriously. Especially this view that he was inspired by Candice Owens and thinks Donald Trump gave a helpful rise to white identity nationalism. If you put the manifesto as crackpot you are especially dismissing those. You need to take it seriously AND condemn at the same time. This view in the manifesto is shared by almost all white nationalists
You misunderstood me.

I don't think anyone here should look too deeply into the manifesto. It's a pro white manifesto. It's also stacked with memes, and jokes.

So I hope no one is trying to figure out how Spyro inspired his ethno nationalism.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You misunderstood me.

I don't think anyone here should look too deeply into the manifesto. It's a pro white manifesto. It's also stacked with memes, and jokes.

So I hope no one is trying to figure out how Spyro inspired his ethno nationalism.
are you dismissing the threat of whtie nationalism because white nationalists like memes

what the fuck is wrong with you

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I didn't check the news until I got into the office this morning, so I've just spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out what the fuck is going on. This is absolutely horrific.

I can't think of anything else to say. I feel sick.