• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
This shit makes me angry

Why in the hell are details like "blonde" even remotely, or hell even less than remotely, relevant? Do the people who make these articles have even a modicum of self-respect or dignity? Seeing this crap just infuriates me. Hell I'm getting tired just talking about this again and again.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
If we wanted to do so, how would we shut them down anyway

Asking for a friend

Outside of organizing something like a botnet to DDOS the site, probably nothing. CloudFlare would mitigate most of it anyways.

Maybe look for vulns on the site itself to try and wipe it out? All of these are pipe dreams that won't happen though.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Why in the hell are details like "blonde" even remotely, or hell even less than remotely, relevant? Do the people who make these articles have even a modicum of self-respect or dignity? Seeing this crap just infuriates me. Hell I'm getting tired just talking about this again and again.

For real. 'How a little Aryan boy turned into a mass murderer'. gtfo

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Outside of organizing something like a botnet to DDOS the site, probably nothing. CloudFlare would mitigate most of it anyways.

Maybe look for vulns on the site itself to try and wipe it out? All of these are pipe dreams that won't happen though.
Maybe some kind of public outrage/backlash would do something? Something like "The site that breeds these shooters is based right here at home, in Toronto Canada". etc

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
This shit makes me angry

I always thought they write it in the way thats supposed to provide the most shock value: In this case its the whole "He could have been anyone, your neighbor, the postman, etc etc" and less so about trying to humanize him.

Either way, its a very scary story to hear, always felt we were safe from this kind of insanity down here :(
Probably hard for those in other countries to understand, but this sort of thing has never really happened here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_New_Zealand

Last massacre here was 22 years ago. Last massacre of this magnitude was 76 years ago when a POW camp rioted. A WW2 POW camp.

Scary times when even NZ can be attacked like this.

Oct 25, 2017
"Something happened during his travels"
Right..no way this White guy had his views festered in his home turf. Had to be some foreign influence.
This pure Blonde Haired Aryan can't do something like this of his own accord. Heavens no.
White supremacy? Poppycock. You know this boy travelled to North Korea and Pakistan? Well, something must've happened there.
Poor boy..

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe some kind of public outrage/backlash would do something? Something like "The site that breeds these shooters is based right here at home, in Toronto Canada". etc
Well he said in the original post that they can just move domains, so I'm assuming Tucows/etc domains isn't so much the target.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I fear this guy may have started something....

That all the following mass shooters will record their evil for the internet points.....

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
They've done it with others - such as the British guy who joined IS.

Not excusing it btw, but they seem to love to post up articles along the lines of "where did it go so wrong!" rather than focusing on the victims.

49 people is too many. Who will even try to remember any details about them? Much easier to just pick one, much more polarizing and click inducing, person. I mean making a buck wherever you can and as quick as you can is also a part of a capitalist society.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017

A grassroots effort could work to pressure the company to take it down, but Tucows doesn't seem like it really gives a shit if they haven't done anything despite the other controversies.

Even if it went well and they suspended the domain, they can buy a new domain and have site back up in 10 minutes.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
The right's reaction to this...
YSbRYxb.jpg

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I think the man who attempted to stop the killer actually survived.

Asim Mukhtar, the secretary of the Pakistan Association of New Zealand, told Dawn.com via telephone that one of the injured was identified as Naeem Rashid, who has been operated on and is in rehabilitation. Rashid was identified by a relative from the video live-streamed by the attacker. He reportedly attempted to stop the assailant as he gunned victims down in the mosque. Rashid's son, Talha Naeem, is listed among those missing.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
We shouldn't forget that NZ Labour are in coalition with a right wing nationalist party. The rot goes deep.

Oct 25, 2017
I am just sorry for all the victims. Norway endured a similar horror with Breivik, but that 'white gamer attack' had no distinct discriminative motive to the (actual) attack.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, i just read that 49 people were killed, thats crazy! :( As a norwegian, this reminds me of the Utøya terror in Norway some years ago.

Thurston Last

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
I am just sorry for all the victims. Norway endured a similar horror with Breivik, but that 'white gamer attack' had no distinct discriminative motive to the (actual) attack.

While Breivik didn't target muslims or immigrants his goal was to shock those in power. And his reasoning and motive was largely the same as with this one.

NZ saying gun laws will change. No messing about, direct action.

Take heed America.

We have this little thing called the constitution which makes it a bit more difficult.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The updated title from last night is extremely disheartening. Even one person lost in this is too much but 49 is just.... staggering. Hopefully NZ does what America should have done forever ago and take direct action to prevent this again.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I think the man who attempted to stop the killer actually survived.

One thing I (somewhat) forgot about, is that in Friday Prayer it's almost always a family occasion. Many parents even take their kids out of school for the duration of the prayer. I imagine that a large amount of the people in that Masjid were all family and relatives.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
NZ saying gun laws will change. No messing about, direct action.

Take heed America.

The NZ police were warning about lax gun laws in 2016. Should've been done years ago.

While Breivik didn't target muslims or immigrants his goal was to shock those in power. And his reasoning and motive was largely the same as with this one.

We have this little thing called the constitution which makes it a bit more difficult.

(1) your constitution sucks arse (2) there are plenty of gun laws that wouldn't fall afoul of the SC's shitty interpretation of the 2nd amendment, but they still don't happen.

Afro_Ninja

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
there should be a campaign forcing the hand on internet service providers to block reddit until they do something about /pol/, to block Google until it do something about Pewdiepie, also 8chan hosting, and so on... the slap in the hands every time they do something that goes in line with hateful nazi stuff really doesnt help.

how many deads are needed on the next white supremacist attack until they have their recruiting machine blocked?

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
there should be a campaign forcing the hand on internet service providers to block reddit until they do something about /pol/, to block Google until it do something about Pewdiepie, also 8chan hosting, and so on... the slap in the hands every time they do something that goes in line with hateful nazi stuff really doesnt help.

how many deads are needed on the next white supremacist attack until they have their recruiting machine blocked?

I believe you probably mean 4chan instead of reddit, if you're referring to /pol/

As for the influencers, while PDP has a lot of viewers, there are influencers who are much worse still spouting their rhetoric to millions.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
It's a coalition of centre-left (Labour), progressive left (Greens), and centre-right (NZ First). And I would hardly call NZ First a "right wing nationalist party".

The proposal, which was voted on Sunday at New Zealand First's annual conference, would include a commitment to respect freedom of religion, legal sexual preferences, gender equality and the right to consume alcohol.

"They're in our turf now and they've got to respect our rules," one party member told 1 NEWS at the Tauranga conference.

Another added: "Nothing's worse than going into a shop and going to the person behind the counter talking foreign language to you."

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new...proposed-immigrant-values-bill?variant=tb_v_1

ok

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The latest right-wing spin is that even though all of this guy's beliefs are conservative, he didn't label himself conservative, so he's a liberal.
My head hurts.

drico

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): inflammatory false equivalence
The latest right-wing spin is that even though all of this guy's beliefs are conservative, he didn't label himself conservative, so he's a liberal.
My head hurts.

He repeatedly aligns himself with communism and fascism alike and (without quoting his manifesto) repeatedly states his dislike for conservatives and Trump. The fact is that the far right and far left are nearly the same ideology - both equally dangerous.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
As someone who works in media (tech side) super disappointed in the article that is trying to clearly paint this guy as a victim of circumstance. While yes it's important to know how he was radicalized, putting up his baby picture juxtaposed with the murders he committed is trying to humanize a very inhuman act that he is 100% responsible for. An absolutely brain-dead approach to this story that doesn't cover the wider problem of white nationalistic terrorism by trying to paint this person as a someone who was taken advantage of in a vulnerable time as opposed to attacking the ideology.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
He repeatedly aligns himself with communism and fascism alike and (without quoting his manifesto) repeatedly states his dislike for conservatives and Trump. The fact is that the far right and far left are nearly the same ideology - both equally dangerous.

Lol wtf is this post. A parody?

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, the shooter is still alive? Usually it ends with them dead, although that might just be a US mass shooter thing.