• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I must admit that I put this thread on ignore when the details started coming in because I just didn't want to dwell on it and make myself feel worse than I already was at the time. I've realised that such a choice was wholly selfish and all I can really say damn, this is fucking horrifying. The fact that even 1 person (let alone the potential 4) can harbour so so much hatred towards a people that such an evil act is 'fine' to them makes me sick. I can't imagine what the victim's families must be going through right now and the same goes for the Muslims who have to fear potential copycat killings in the future...

This shit makes me angry

The Daily Mail isn't even worth being used as toilet paper. Their Saturday Edition headline proclaims "MASSACRE SHAME OF FACEBOOK" (in regards to Facebook's hosting of the terrorist's live stream) when they themselves had hosted both the video and the manifesto-in-full ASAP after the attack actually happened.

Code Artisan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
there should be a campaign forcing the hand on internet service providers to block reddit until they do something about /pol/, to block Google until it do something about Pewdiepie, also 8chan hosting, and so on... the slap in the hands every time they do something that goes in line with hateful nazi stuff really doesnt help.

how many deads are needed on the next white supremacist attack until they have their recruiting machine blocked?

ISPs are powerless; they already tried everything against piratebay without any success.

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I caught a ban on Facebook because I pointed out that no one is saying shit like, where is the shooters father, why are white people so savage?

Lol. Whatever.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
"I can tell you one thing right now. Our gun laws will change." - Jacinda Ardern

Thank you Jacinda. A stark contrast to the tired "thoughts and prayers" and "now is not the time to talk politics" deflection of US politicians and commentators.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
He repeatedly aligns himself with communism and fascism alike and (without quoting his manifesto) repeatedly states his dislike for conservatives and Trump. The fact is that the far right and far left are nearly the same ideology - both equally dangerous.
You're banned but I still want to throw a hearty fuck you your way.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I can tell you one thing right now. Our gun laws will change." - Jacinda Ardern

Thank you Jacinda. A stark contrast to the tired "thoughts and prayers" and "now is not the time to talk politics" deflection of US politicians and commentators.

The now is not the time for politics line is so fucking offensive. It's exactly the time to talk about politics.

Hackworth

Oct 25, 2017
Shit like this is why NZ Antifa wanted Molyneux and Southern banned from NZ, and Antifa was, as usual, correct. Fucking racist shitcunt.

Oct 25, 2017
He repeatedly aligns himself with communism and fascism alike and (without quoting his manifesto) repeatedly states his dislike for conservatives and Trump. The fact is that the far right and far left are nearly the same ideology - both equally dangerous.

These alt/burner accounts are really coming out of the woodwork for this.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it's bizarre but I guess I knew the truth.
Some people in this forum are fucking cowards, I wish they'd just admit their views.
Eh there are a lot of humans that are selfish assholes. Don't get discouraged because there are always good people too. The trick is to ignore and avoid the assholes and find good people to hang with.

Empathy is tough for a lot of people to learn (including myself, I was definitely a selfish asshole when I was younger). And it's easy to blame others for your own problems. But keep your calm and lead by example and some of them will grow up along the way.

Oct 25, 2017
Are you all done tripping over your own dicks to make it seem as if I had somehow meant that Breivik isn't a cunt?

What I meant was (and wrote!) was the actual attack wasn't focused yet. Whereas this one (and others elsewhere) have become so, which you might fucking remember from 1930's Germany (gangs of violence) into the eventual Holocaust by a focused system with the means to do so.

Good lord, some of you really need to learn not everyone is against 'you', whatever that means.

Also, I couldn't care less about any of their supposed motives, much like Mein Kampf is literally unreadable garbage. I would never read any of that crap, because what they DID is what matters, and WHO got killed by it. There is no monument for that manifesto, and there never will be.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think that anyone who shouts "Subscribe to Pewdiepie!" now should be charged in all honesty, because right now that's probably the scariest phrase you can hear in a crowded place and yelling that is clearly means to incite a panic. It sounds ridiculous but it's a sobering thought to realize.

I bet you we'll have multiple reports of dumb kids screaming that out over the weekend trying to get a rise out of folks. And with it being St. Patrick's day, I can imagine some folks getting hurt by people rightfully panicked that some waste of space is going to open fire on them. Ugh.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible for a top level domain to reject DNS requests from a local DNS server looking to resolve 8ch's hostname? All the top level domains are owned by ICANN.

I mean even if you got that elaborate they'd just change the name to 12chan and put up mirrors everywhere.

Maybe if you stopped 12chan they'd stop because 16 is too old for them.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Seriously, how could you lead with that headline?

This is why Britain is failing.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Seriously, how could you lead with that headline?

This is why Britain is failing.

Don't use the Daily Mirror to represent Tabloids let alone the whole country .
It's them using their shitty tactics to generate attention , because that's what sells for tabloids. Don't let them being aberrant pieces of shits cloud your judgement of others, it's just them being aberrant pieces of shits. There's a lot of good in this country and some bad - just like everywhere else.

Last edited:

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Are you all done tripping over your own dicks to make it seem as if I had somehow meant that Breivik isn't a cunt?

What I meant was (and wrote!) was the actual attack wasn't focused yet. Whereas this one (and others elsewhere) have become so, which you might fucking remember from 1930's Germany (gangs of violence) into the eventual Holocaust by a focused system with the means to do so.

Good lord, some of you really need to learn not everyone is against 'you', whatever that means.

Also, I couldn't care less about any of their supposed motives, much like Mein Kampf is literally unreadable garbage. I would never read any of that crap, because what they DID is what matters, and WHO got killed by it. There is no monument for that manifesto, and there never will be.

Whatever point you're trying to make is still extremely poorly articulated, so stop blaming other people for not being able to read your mind.

Are you trying to say that the difference is that one attacked ostensible facilitators and supporters of Muslims, while the other attacked Muslims directly? I don't think it's a meaningful difference, and both are analogous to brown shirt terrorism rather than systematic state extermination.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

CBS News @CBSNews

"I don't know if he's still alive or dead," says a New Zealand mother whose son was worshiping at one of the mosques that was attacked in the shootings. https://cbsn.ws/2HnB2Jb

4:19 AM - Mar 15, 2019

Parents of a 35-year-old son was worshiping at the mosque on Friday afternoon told TV 3 New Zealand they had not heard from him. "I don't know if he's still alive or dead ... we've been waiting and waiting and no news, so we came here to see if he's inside the mosque dead. I just want to know any news about him," the mother said.

The parents said they moved from Iraq to Christchurch 22 years ago to come to a safer country. They said he goes to the mosque every Friday.
This was hours after the shooting. I couldn't find an update.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
My mother showed me the video not knowing what to expect. I wish she didn't. I couldn't help but feel disgusted and crying all the way through.

How the hell did he manage to kill so many, get his second gun, go back, walk around the street and take his sweet time without having any police around?!

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017

Great to hear. Talking about politics during these events is absolutely critical because it's getting right to the root of the problem of how this situation even happened in the first place. People don't just have one emotion and friends and family members of victims are likely to be just about as angry as they are sad and mourning about what transpired and will want to know how the leadership move forward and improve the safety and security in NZ.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh there are a lot of humans that are selfish assholes. Don't get discouraged because there are always good people too. The trick is to ignore and avoid the assholes and find good people to hang with.

Empathy is tough for a lot of people to learn (including myself, I was definitely a selfish asshole when I was younger). And it's easy to blame others for your own problems. But keep your calm and lead by example and some of them will grow up along the way.
Yeah, you're right. I'll adhere to that. Thanks fam.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
The perpetrator's gun license was acquired in late 2017 and their arms obtained legally. This had been planned for years.

There is simply no reason for civilians to have access to semi automatic rifles and pump action shotguns capable of mass murder. I hope I never see them in my country.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My mother showed me the video not knowing what to expect. I wish she didn't. I couldn't help but feel disgusted and crying all the way through.

How the hell did he manage to kill so many, get his second gun, go back, walk around the street and take his sweet time without having any police around?!
This is what I also wondered about.

Apparently police presence is lax in the town of 400k people?

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
I'm wondering if the Climate Change School marches had an impact, they were on the same day and could have seen police overstretched, plus made movement difficult. Also wondering if it was planned on this day for this very reason.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Love the #PeacefulMosques hashtag started by Rami Ismail. Some good and hopeful stuff there.

Also, shout out to the Muslims who are away from their families right now. I went to see my mom and brothers today and it made us feel happy just being next to each other. I know many of us are either working or studying abroad and away from their loved ones so I hope yall stay safe and know that people are thinking of you.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
We thankfully already have very strict gun laws. NZ laws are very lax compared to Australia.
Unfortunately we have a growing gun lobby that's trying to relax the regulations and prevent further tightening of them. Hopefully, we will see an end to that, at least for now, as public sentiment again turns away from guns.

I'm wondering if the Climate Change School marches had an impact, they were on the same day and could have seen police overstretched, plus made movement difficult. Also wondering if it was planned on this day for this very reason.
Doubtful. Despite being a far right shithead, the guy seems to have been raised in a family that valued environmental causes and by all appearances, continues to embrace them. I don't think he would have intentionally wanted to overshadow the climate strikes.

Police resources, I don't know but no doubt they were unprepared for something like this to happen.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If I were involved in a mosque anywhere in the US right now I'd be pushing heavily for having a private security staff around anytime there are worshippers present.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
r2reERl.jpg

Can we put to bed once and for all the debate on whether the OK sign is now a white supremacist symbol? Because it fucking is.