• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The core problem is that a vast majority of white people don't really care what black people want or don't want.

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
I personally believe no one group of people can "own" words. And nobody should say it at all. Ever. The color of somebody's skin doesn't change the word's meaning or history.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Well, yeah. From the Joyner Lucas song,

"The power in the word is a different sin, we shouldn't say it but we do and that's just how it is. When we use it we know that's just how we greet each other, and when you use it we know there's a double meaning under."

Even if you really don't, you still shouldn't say it.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I don't like anybody saying it, if it's aword that is used by a group of people than other people can use it to. Otherwise don't use it if you think it's a horrible word use by non-black ppl. I am African-American by the way.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm brown and I have no intention of using that word and I also wouldn't want black people calling me a nigga.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's make this clear.

Your personal friends will get you in trouble if you think you can walk around saying the n-word. Skip the word in songs. Don't try to justify your usage of it. Don't say it.

And some rappers thoughts:

https://www.vladtv.com/article/2363...-say-n-word-at-concert-if-you-aint-black-dont

https://youtu.be/p4zv1x0gCd8?t=162

While I'm not going to defend using a slur (you have the right to say it, don't be surprised when people react badly), I was sort of expecting a thread title like "Majority of blacks don't want non-Blacks to say the n-word" to actually have survey results or some science to back it up instead of three lines of opinion and some rappers.

OP
OP
Darryl M R

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I personally believe no one group of people can "own" words. And nobody should say it at all. Ever. The color of somebody's skin doesn't change the word's meaning or history.
The meaning of words change over the time. And keeping it 100, you won't tell a black person not to say the n-word similar to how you won't tell a gay person not to say the f-word if you are not in those demographics.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"The power in the word is a different sin, we shouldn't say it but we do and that's just how it is. When we use it we know that's just how we greet each other, and when you use it we know there's a double meaning under."

On that note

Fuck Joyner and this song

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're genuinely getting bent out of shape at the fact that you aren't "allowed" to say nigga, guess what:

That's 1/1000th of how black people feel about not getting the privileges you do every day of your life.

So, get the hell over it.

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Bro is so corny omg.

But yeah, white people don't care.

This is corny, too and ignores history and meaning.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
A2kybi2.gif

Who would have guessed ?

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Are you black? If not, what you think black people should or shouldn't be doing when it comes to nigger/nigga doesn't matter.

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd have to be selfhating to be a fan of someone who'd single me out at a concert like that.

You don't want "non black" people to sing along, don't take their money.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Adam Sadler

Nov 9, 2017
Aye don't ever in your life quote Joyner Lucas when it comes to this racial shit please and if you aren't black you cannot say nigga I don't care take your own racial slur and make it ok for y'all to say

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, yeah

it's up to black people how they want to use that word and who else gets to use it. they seem to have decided that the er is a no for everyone and the gga is cool for them only. no one else really gets to have an opinion on that tbh. well that's not true, other people can have an opinion it just doesn't matter.

if you're really that bothered by having to skip a word in a song then maybe pause and reflect on how good you have it that that could actually be a thing that bothers you

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hang on.

Are you saying that I can't say a word rappers use in their songs? Even though rappers use in their songs that get popular? If you're making popular songs, you should use inclusive language, because when I'm singing along to a song, I want to say all of the words, damnit.

Oct 27, 2017
The core problem is that a vast majority of white people don't really care what black people want or don't want.
Yup.

And the top defense is always some inane bullshit about free speech. But here's the thing; say you have a random friend who feels uncomfortable with the use of the word "cunt". Do you A) Say, "oh that's fine dude, I won't say that around you." or do you B) Make a huge stink about a small gesture of courtesy to your friend "infringing" on your free speech?

If you selected B, you're probably a piece of shit, regardless.

Edit:
I hate the word "Blacks". Whoever says it is usually racist or out of touch.
Also, this.

It gives me the similar uneasy feeling as an old person using the term "colored". Not necessarily racist, but dated as hell, and hearkens to a more overtly racist era.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Good luck fighting against the newer generation that says nigga. Growing up everybody said it in NYC, and it seems to be a pretty common among middle schoolers to middle twenty year-olds.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking last night my friends were saying I should say just cause it'd be cool to hear me say it, but eff that noise, I'm going to grave having never said that word. The fact some non-black people love saying it pisses me off.

When singing along I tend to just say "fellah" instead. I dunno, it's a good placeholder, though sometimes I worry that usage has some meaning I don't know and I just don't say anything for a beat. Not hard.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is empirically, factually untrue. Inherent characteristics changes the meanings of words all the time. Ask any linguist

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What about Native Americans using the term 'prairie n-word' to refer to themselves?

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
the bare minimum is don't say it around me or mine, cuz you will get confronted. If your "black friend" doesn't mind it, say it around that nigga, but know your lane.

words have meaning and contexts, and it's up to every well adjusted adult to be able to comport themselves accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.