• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
People embarrassing themselves to show their elitist side with their "easy mode" hot takes smh

For some actual answers (and this is just a fishing thread for eza glinny cauldron ideas)

Chrono Trigger: time portals are level gated, and you always have to grind to reach the level needed to access them

Final Fantasy IX: The Zidane/Dagger romance is removed from the game and replaced with Zidane who agrees to help Garnet simply for money

Smash Bros Ultimate: Characters are unlocked the way you earn/buy LoL characters. Dozens of hours of online gameplay to get the credit to buy, or paying with real world money.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Remove wild battles from Pokémon

Remove random encounters from Pokémon

Include only the first 151 Pokémon in Pokémon

Remove the outlines from the Pokémon models

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
Okami: The rejuvenations are no longer persistent, and regions become corrupted again the moment you leave them.
Mario Kart 8: You have a fuel gauge, and need to refuel after every other lap at the start. Using boosts consumes more fuel.
Bayonetta: The designs models of Enzo and Rodin are now swapped.
Chrono Trigger: Magus' default name is now "Wally". You can still change it freely, but this is what he'll be referred as in all the wikis and forum discussions.
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow: Since Soma inherited Dracula's power, he can no longer regain health from food items. His only other option is to consume the few human NPCs in the game, or find someone in the prisons.
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: A snoring sound effect now permeates the entire game's soundscape.
Resident Evil 4: The mysterious merchant reveals his identity to be Leon's estranged father.
Paper Mario: After each chapter, you're forced to go back to your house to cook dinner for Luigi, because he's afraid to use the stove.
Mega Man 2: Mega Man now screams "YEAH" every time he jumps.
Undertale: Achievements for both the "pacifist" and "genocide" endings.
Ocarina of Time: Banjo Kazooie-style voices for the dialogue.

Remove wild Pokemon catching, instead there's a gacha system where you have to buy Pokeballs containing random Pokemon
You just made me stare into the alternate reality where Pokémon was first created for mobile, rather than the original Gameboy.

Last edited:

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Dragon rot in Sekiro actually kills the NPCs (as was originally planned, apparently).

Removing the axe and its pullback mechanics in God of War.

Last edited:

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
I'll go through all the GOTYPICKS winners and try and make one relatively minor detail change or narrative alteration.

• KOTOR: Remove THAT twist
  • Half Life 2: Only have the physics interactivity appear in Ravenholme and puzzles
  • Resident Evil 4: Regular gunshot sound effect on headshots
  • Oblivion: Don't have any repeated dialogue for characters
  • Bioshock: No would you kindly reveal
  • Fallout 3: VATS works as it does in Fallout 76
  • Uncharted 2: Don't begin with the train intro
  • Red Dead Redemption: Cut to black with that climactic scene
  • Skyrim: You can't pick up inessential items
  • The Walking Dead: No "____ will remember that" popups
  • The Last of Us: Have a generic action score
  • Dragon Age Inquisition: Set the whole game in the Hinterlands like Dragon Age 2-level scope
  • The Witcher III: No LALALALAY
  • Uncharted 4: Cut the truck setpiece
  • Breath Of The Wild: Don't give Prince Sidon a unique theme
  • God Of War: No jokes are made

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Resident Evil 4: Combat Knife has durability and after using it too much, it can break making you either buy a new one from the Merchant that gradually increases per purchase or find it rarely during your journey.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Dixie loses her vintage aerial hair spin attack but is given a hair whip attack ala Castlevania or Earthworm Jim to navigate around.

Gots

Feb 20, 2019
Canada
Spiderman: Web Cartridges empty while you swing, and you have to refill them before you can go again

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I'd be interested to know from all those saying 'xxxx game has an easy mode' why would it make the game worse.

I get that not ever game needs an easy mode and Devs shouldn't be forced to add them... But how would a mode that you would never use make it worse?

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'd be interested to know from all those saying 'xxxx game has an easy mode' why would it make the game worse.

I get that not ever game needs an easy mode and Devs shouldn't be forced to add them... But how would a mode that you would never use make it worse?
Oh I personally know that it would not affect me in any way, shape or form. But I know significant portion of souls people are just obnoxiously against easy mode for these games. That's the only reason I said it, lol

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
Spiderman no webslinging.

Football games (Soccer) A square ball

NHL ice hockey Goals as big as soccer goals.

Metal Gear Solid invisibility from the first playthrough

God of War Kratos has a gun

Every game: Silent protagonists.
One reason why I hate onine games as Red Dead Redemption 2. With GTAV online I could accept it, because it was the first time for me.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
-Sekiro: Console exclusive. Good luck landing those parries.
-Dragon Age Origins: Inquisition-style plot. Same story but different style.
-Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Melee game balance.
-RDR II: Standard graphics. Imagine the game without its biggest feature.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
which is like letting someone play God of War 2018 without experiencing its story.
I'd be really happy to play a version of GoW 2018 where I don't need to experience most of the 2nd half of the story. It drags and doesn't go anywhere IMO, final section (epilogue in the last zone) is the only good section since Alfheim.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
The challenge is why a lot of people play the Souls games/Sekiro. It's a big part of what makes them great imo
Those people would still have that challenge, nothing would be taken away from YOU. I agree if easy mode was forced on people it would be worse but as an optional selectable mode it don't see how that would make any game worse for any one.

Gots

Feb 20, 2019
Canada
Those people would still have that challenge, nothing would be taken away from YOU. I agree if easy mode was forced on people it would be worse but as an optional selectable mode it don't see how that would make any game worse for any one.
I just think it would make them like every other game, then. It takes nothing away from me having an easy mode but I do think it makes the games less unique.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No bullet spread in Counter-Strike. At the start of every round each player buys the 5-1 machine gun, clicks the fire button and doesn't let go until they're out of ammo.

Second chance in Super Hexagon. After you touch a wall the game rewinds half a second and goes into slow motion, allowing you to fix your mistake and survive. This ability recharges after 10 seconds, so you can use it several times per level. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be opposed to this as an optional feature.

Every Sonic game: rings don't make a sound when you grab them. Suddenly they become infinitely less satisfying to collect.