• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
PersiERA! I need your assistance.

I'm thinking about making persian food for new years eve, but I'm in dire need of some tips for what to cook. I'm having 8-10 guests and need some dishes that are relatively easy to cook for a group of people. Time isn't really an issue but my kitchen isn't huge. I'm thinking some sort of lamb, Persian rice (with potatoes) and a few other dishes to provide some variety. I'd love to hear about family style foods that you all are eating when you're celebrating.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
you should make something just in case you have vegetarian guest. i know you said rice, try Tahdig. there's lots of variations with what you can put in it. I had one with olives and veggies that was very good.

MisterX

Oct 28, 2017
Ghormeh Sabzi or Fesenjoon are good main dishes

lamb meatballs fesenjoon > chicken fesenjoon

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest tip before cooking something for a group would be to do a test run first so you can make adjustments if necessary.