• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
This maybe a controversial stance, but I don't think Sean Spicer (or Sarah Huckabee Sanders) are racists, I think they're lying jobsworths that wrongly feel indebted to Trump for giving them status. They both chose to be his mouthpiece, so I don't feel sorry for them one bit, but I'm not going to trivialise racism by calling them that when they're perhaps not.
Sean Spicer was literally just accused by black guy of using the n word and trying to fight him, and your response in the thread about that incident is to say he's not racist?

Sarah Huckabee Sanders' father is Mike Huckabee... who definitely gets accused to being racist a lot if he's not actually racist.

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/860431958660325376

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/1010497564435730434

But hey just because Fred Trump was arrested "berobed" at a Klan riot and Woody Guthrie wrote two songs about his "racial hate" doesn't mean Donald Trump who hero-worships him is a racist.... don't trivialize racism by calling Trump racist when perhaps he's not, wait until he publicly declares "I am a racist" or something.

Oct 25, 2017
There aren't any anti-Semitic policies, it's more of an informal culture. I was just illustrating how individuals can differ from their party.

Also, kep point, Spicer's job was to bullshit. Whether he believes his bullshit or not is what determines whether he's racist, not the act of being the messenger which was his job.

Regardless he's a twat, but he shouldn't be wrongly labelled.
Ludicrous. You are acting like he just stood up their and gave an objective account of something. Wrong. He gave his own input, he embraced it man.

Sarah doesn't get to leave this and go, hey well I was just doing a job, no hard feelings it was all bullshit.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His job was to spin Trump's actions into positive stories. It's whether he believes that spin that determines whether he's a racist or not. Not too dissimilar to a lawyer putting their morals aside to defend a guilty party. It's their job.

If you defend racists to your dying breath, doing everything you can to make everyone else think they aren't racist, dude, you're a racist. Spicer has like no connection to the WH now and he's still out here trying to stan for Trump in interveiws. You're either totally clueless or not arguing in good faith if you can't see that.

Dizagaox

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
London
Sean Spicer was literally just accused by black guy of using the n word and trying to fight him.
Not how reality works. I could accuse you of sending me racist DMs, does that make it fact you're a racist? By your own logic it does.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders' father is Mike Huckabee... who definitely gets accused to being racist a lot if he's not actually racist.
Who gives a flying fuck about her father? Weak ass argument there.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
His job was to spin Trump's actions into positive stories. It's whether he believes that spin that determines whether he's a racist or not. Not too dissimilar to a lawyer putting their morals aside to defend a guilty party. It's their job.
Wasnt aware he was forced to take the job.

Not how reality works. I could accuse you of sending me racist DMs, does that make it fact you're a racist? By your own logic it does.

Who gives a flying fuck about her father? Weak ass argument there.
Your parents never thought you anything?

Again, same with Spicer, was Huckabee forced to take the job?

Dizagaox

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
London
Spicer has like no connection to the WH now and he's still out here trying to stan for Trump in interveiws. You're either totally clueless or not arguing in good faith if you can't see that.
No, I agree. He's deeply loyal and it's a bad thing. But I don't equate that with him being a racist. I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand here.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Shean SPizer YOU a GODDAM RACIST

No, I agree. He's deeply loyal and it's a bad thing. But I don't equate that with him being a racist. I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand here.
i don't care to understand. you have a singular opinion, and that's cool.

Sean spicer is racist though.

OP
OP
xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
He's saying they shouldn't have reported it. Typically unfounded nutcase allegations don't get reported, yet this was.
Lmao, totally missed this gem. Yeah, definitely not arguing in good faith here. Pretty obvious with this mixed in
Spicer was just doing his job and nothing he said should reflect on his personal character, whereas this guy is a "nutcase" making "unfounded allegations"...

giphy.gif

Dizagaox

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
London
Again, same with Spicer, was Huckabee forced to take the job?
Again, already addressed this. Neither a good people, neither were forced to take their jobs, and neither deserve sympathy. But that doesn't mean they're racist.

I'm actually sick of people telling me what is and what isn't racist, like I wouldn't know. It is the white privilege version of mansplaining, and it has to stop. Take your white guilt elsewhere thanks.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, already addressed this. Neither a good people, neither were forced to take their jobs, and neither deserve sympathy. But that doesn't mean they're racist.

I'm actually sick of people telling me what is and what isn't racist, like I wouldn't know. It is the white privilege version of mansplaining, and it has to stop. Take your white guilt elsewhere thanks.
What
the
fuck?

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

Nah, we know what's racist and not racist. It doesn't matter whether Spicer in his heart is racist, we can't really know that, but if he promotes and defends racists and their actions, he's racist. No if ands, or buts about it. And if you don't understand that, then I don't know what to tell you.

OP
OP
xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Didn't even realize you were the only non-white person in this thread, and therefore the sole arbiter of what is and isn't racist..... apologies, carry on sir.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Why are you trying to be the gatekeeper of racism?
Do you also justify racist gamers on chat as being "not actually racist but just saying the worst thing they can think of"?

They defend racist policies. Like the dehumanisation of refugees, through the splitting of parents from their children, putting them in cages. The justification for this evil is essentially that they are not white therefore it doesn't matter.

Just because they're not burning crosses doesn't mean they're not racist.
The Republican party is essentially a party of racism.
If you don't believe that, give this page a read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy
I'd be interested to see how to justify that strategy at not really racism.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man

Yet you are telling us he isn't racist...........

I'm more tired of people telling me, as a person of color, what is and isn't racist, especially when it's CLEAR Sean is a racist.

Gtfo here with that bs

OP
OP
xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Backup such claims then, and prove me wrong.
He willingly worked for Trump as his chief propagandist, and still defends Trump and his administration, even now that he no longer works for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=18&v=VEjChWtClbE

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/13/sean-spicer-racism-confrontation-indian-woman

"Have you helped with the Russia stuff? Are you a criminal as well? Have you committed treason, just like the president?" she demanded of Spicer.

Spicer replied: "Such a great country that allows you to be here."

Chauhan, who was born in New York and is of Indian origin, said she believed Spicer's response was a reference to her skin color.

https://twitter.com/shreec/status/840684951154614273

https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/12/opinions/sean-spicer-holocaust-remarks-ben-ghiat/index.html

Attempting to make Syrian President Bashar al-Assad history's biggest villain, he stated Tuesday that Hitler "didn't even sink to using chemical weapons," a remark that's been interpreted by many as denying the Nazis' genocide of Jews in extermination camps during World War II -- camps which Spicer referred to, bizarrely, as "Holocaust centers."

It didn't take long for the resulting outrage to include calls for his resignation, including from Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi. "Sean Spicer must be fired, and the President must immediately disavow his spokesman's statements," she said in a statement.

Spicer then apologized for the remark, saying to CNN's Wolf Blitzer, "I mistakenly made an inappropriate and insensitive reference to the Holocaust, for which there is no comparison."
Sean Spicer: Racist attack directed at LeBron James not indicative of trend
President Trump's press secretary Sean Spicer reacted to a request for comment about the racist attack on LeBron James' home by denying that such incidents have increased since Trump's election victory.

During Spicer's Friday media briefing reporter April Ryan, White House correspondent for American Urban Radio Networks, highlighted the abusive slogan painted on James' Los Angeles property that according to police took place in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

"I would respectfully disagree with the premise of that," Spicer said, when quizzed about the perception that racially motivated problems had been exacerbated over the period of Trump's presidency.​

Last edited:

Dizagaox

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
London
Naw, I'm not doing your work for you.

You are the only one in here defending sean, when ever single person in here is telling you he is a racist and you are wrong.

So do your own homework.

Extra credit assignment: why are you defending a know racist?
Weak reply, weak argument. Point is made.

I'm not defending Sean Spicer, I'm taking issue with people on this forum not knowing the difference between assholery and racism. I hold forums like this one part of the reason why the liberal agenda gets backlash. Blindly calling someone racist is the type of behaviour that weakens the power of the word. Simple as that.

Oct 25, 2017
If I openly take up a job for a racist, I defend that person, I lie for that person, I use the same rhetoric as that person, I make the same claims as that person...how again do I just get to walk away and say it was just a job, I'm a bullshitter not a racist. Like how is that possible.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not defending Sean Spicer, I'm taking issue with people on this forum not knowing the difference between assholery and racism. I hold forums like this one part of the reason why the liberal agenda gets backlash. Blindly calling someone racist is the type of behaviour that weakens the power of the word. Simple as that.
Yes you are.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And here the dogwhistle comes off finally

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

you are defending him though

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man

but.you.are.defending.sean.jfc.lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly not, but seems like I'm the only PoC that isn't okay with white people dictating to me what's racist and what isn't.
I'm not dictating to you what a racist is, I'm saying in my fucking opinion he is a racist. You clearly don't think he is, I clearly think you are wrong, as do others in this thread. I'm not an authority on racism, but I'm not going to sit here and say Sean gets to do what he did and then just walk away with "Hey, a jobs a job."

Dizagaox

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
London
He willingly worked for Trump as his chief propagandist, and still defends Trump and his administration, even now that he no longer works for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=18&v=VEjChWtClbE

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/13/sean-spicer-racism-confrontation-indian-woman

"Have you helped with the Russia stuff? Are you a criminal as well? Have you committed treason, just like the president?" she demanded of Spicer.

Spicer replied: "Such a great country that allows you to be here."

Chauhan, who was born in New York and is of Indian origin, said she believed Spicer's response was a reference to her skin color.

https://twitter.com/shreec/status/840684951154614273

Okay, this stuff is exactly what you should have slapped me in the face with first time. I admittedly didn't see the confrontation before, and it didn't even come up on Google when I searched 20 mins ago. I'm evidently wrong here then.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
lol at the guy shouting "You should be arrested immediately!" . This whole thing is weird as hell. Sean Spicer is the type of shameless tool that would've been on shit like Celebrity Boxing or The Surreal Life.

Dizagaox

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
London
I now have reason to believe Sean Spicer is racist and/or has racist views.

Quote, gloat, do whatever. Give xbhaskarx credit for informing and educating me. Rest of you did the online equivalent to shrieking at me.

OP
OP
xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Okay, this stuff is exactly what you should have slapped me in the face with first time. I admittedly didn't see the confrontation before, and it didn't even come up on Google when I searched 20 mins ago. I'm evidently wrong here then.
So the world is relying on YOU to determine for the rest of us who is and isn't racist... and you don't even know how to use Google??

By the way I have added two more...

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
I now have reason to believe Sean Spicer is racist and/or has racist views.

Quote, gloat, do whatever. Give xbhaskarx credit for informing and educating me. Rest of you did the online equivalent to shrieking at me.
Questioning the stupid shit you've been posting isn't shrieking at you. "I'm the only rational person of color in this thread."

Dizagaox

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
London