• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
for what? Spending money to compete lol!

the stupid rules only came into play because the old guard clubs were crying other clubs were spending money to compete with them.

them same clubs didn't care when they were breaking transfer records and buying up all the best players while making their rivals weaker. If it weren't for rich owners investing in their clubs the EPL would have been a boring one horse race And nobody would care about PSG and Monico competing.

how would the premier league be better if Chelsea and city had zero investment? the glazers would have spent even less money In united after the takeover and the league would have become stale.

FFP has shown just how bent ufea and fifa really are.

people upset they broke FFP are forgetting the rules only came about because clubs like United were crying in the first place. United have spent more than city in the last 5 years and are a joke.
Chelsea got in just under the wire but the reason FFP exists isn't to protect the big clubs but it's to make sure clubs don't collapse because they rely on unsustainable income.

If Man City's owners got bored and pulled out the club doesn't have the ability to support itself at its current level whereas ManU and Real can because they have decades of brand success on and off the field.

A lot of clubs have collapsed because of overreaching and then failing to hit their target (Leeds, Bolton, Portsmouth etc) and quite a few more have gone into adminstration over the years.

If Man City weren't being pumped full of cash from a single source and disguising it they'd be a mid table team at best not competing for the CL anyway. Plenty of owners could do what they do but they don't.

Last edited:

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
For the complaining about Financial Fair Play, the biggest issue was City effectively cooking the books making themselves appear significantly better off financially than they actually are.

They are maintained singularly by their owners and in an event where their money became unavailable, they would collapse.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how I feel about this in terms of timing. This will probably be the story in PL for the rest of the season and beyond. Even if Liverpool does win the league and stay undefeated, it would be a shame for that to be tied to the narrative of City being taken down by UEFA.

I was honestly beginning to enjoy the growing rivalry between between Liverpool & City/ Klopp & Pep abd was looking forward to seeing city needing to rebuild compared with what Liverpool does next with an established squad and better competition.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
But there is no European title they can be stripped of 😂😂😂

Cannot wait for Madrid to smack their bums in the last 16 round.

I meant domestic FFP is supposed to span all of it isn't it? Surely if UEFA have found them guilty others will also, there's even a very slim possibility of them being dumped into League 2 if the FA's findings are severe enough.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I meant domestic FFP is supposed to span all of it isn't it? Surely if UEFA have found them guilty others will also, there's even a very slim possibility of them being dumped into League 2 if the FA's findings are severe enough.
Hahahah yeah, iirc the FA has its own investigation, I was just making fun that, for all the hype and always being the supposed favorites in the CL, they always get smacked 😂😂😂

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Chelsea
Arsenal (I know, I know)
Tottenham (see Arsenal)
PSG
Juventus
Inter Milan
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Atletico Madrid
Bayern Munich
Borussia Dortmund

I mean...that's a league that people would watch. It's about chasing international dollars now. The game is global. Imagine the TV rights fees that these clubs would split amongst one another.
The super league is the worst thing that can happen to football.

Jan 10, 2018
Not sure how I feel about this in terms of timing. This will probably be the story in PL for the rest of the season and beyond. Even if Liverpool does win the league and stay undefeated, it would be a shame for that to be tied to the narrative of City being taken down by UEFA.

I was honestly beginning to enjoy the growing rivalry between between Liverpool & City/ Klopp & Pep abd was looking forward to seeing city needing to rebuild compared with what Liverpool does next with an established squad and better competition.

That is a reach.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Chelsea
Arsenal (I know, I know)
Tottenham (see Arsenal)
PSG
Juventus
Inter Milan
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Atletico Madrid
Bayern Munich
Borussia Dortmund

I mean...that's a league that people would watch. It's about chasing international dollars now. The game is global. Imagine the TV rights fees that these clubs would split amongst one another.
Fans would go balistic. Unlike the NBA or the NFL there is a deep fan tradition for most of these clubs. A super league came up in germany last year and bayern fans got the club to come out and say they wouldn't join such a league.

No one is gonna give a shit about playing barca or real 3 times a year when they don't get the local rivalries anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
The ruling is by UEFA so I don't know how that would be possible.

I think the FA have their own rights to punish FFP violations so maybe, can't see them being this drastic though.

In my mind's eye, an incredible outcome would be Pep hitting up Juve, then Messi following him for the unprecedented Ronaldo partnership.

Then they'd get done for FFP violations too in making it happen, lol

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Yep. Fuck City.

'
The club's inhouse lawyer Simon Cliff wrote in one of the published emails that Mubarak had told Gianni Infantino, then Uefa's general secretary, that he would not accept a financial sanction for exceeding the permitted €45m loss in 2012 and 2013, and said: "He would rather spend 30 million on the 50 best lawyers in the world to sue [Uefa] for the next 10 years."

In 2014, the IC determined that City had a deficit of €180m over that two year period, vastly in excess of the €45m permitted, and in May that year agreed a settlement which some at Uefa believed was too lenient. A day before that, the former chair of the IC, Jean-Luc Dehaene, a distinguished former prime minister of Belgium and senior European Union politician, died aged 73, survived by his wife of 49 years and their four children. Spiegel quoted Cliff's reaction to this news in an internal email, referring to the membership of the IC: "1 down, 6 to go."

Yikes at City fans trying to defend this shit.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think the FA have their own rights to punish FFP violations so maybe, can't see them being this drastic though.

In my mind's eye, an incredible outcome would be Pep hitting up Juve, then Messi following him for the unprecedented Ronaldo partnership.

Then they'd get done for FFP violations too in making it happen, lol
giphy.gif

No way UEFA would burn Messi and Ronaldo money at the same time, but this would be fucking incredible

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yep. Fuck City.

'
The club's inhouse lawyer Simon Cliff wrote in one of the published emails that Mubarak had told Gianni Infantino, then Uefa's general secretary, that he would not accept a financial sanction for exceeding the permitted €45m loss in 2012 and 2013, and said: "He would rather spend 30 million on the 50 best lawyers in the world to sue [Uefa] for the next 10 years."

In 2014, the IC determined that City had a deficit of €180m over that two year period, vastly in excess of the €45m permitted, and in May that year agreed a settlement which some at Uefa believed was too lenient. A day before that, the former chair of the IC, Jean-Luc Dehaene, a distinguished former prime minister of Belgium and senior European Union politician, died aged 73, survived by his wife of 49 years and their four children. Spiegel quoted Cliff's reaction to this news in an internal email, referring to the membership of the IC: "1 down, 6 to go."
Dude sounds like a Bond villain, what the fuck lol

Jan 10, 2018
Imagine being PSG in all of this.

Literally trying to dodge bullets rorfl.
PSG literally sweating bricks right now. I'm sure the football leaks also mention them in some way or another.

The way they do business is fuxked tooo

PSG got 1,3 billion by Qatari sponsors, run by the royal family mostly, just like PSG.

Most contracts were surprisingly massively over valued. One contract valued 200 million was worth 2 million euros lol. City followed that template. Should be noted that Infantino who is now the head of the Fifa made sure they dodge all the bullets.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
for what? Spending money to compete lol!

the stupid rules only came into play because the old guard clubs were crying other clubs were spending money to compete with them.

them same clubs didn't care when they were breaking transfer records and buying up all the best players while making their rivals weaker. If it weren't for rich owners investing in their clubs the EPL would have been a boring one horse race And nobody would care about PSG and Monico competing.

how would the premier league be better if Chelsea and city had zero investment? the glazers would have spent even less money In united after the takeover and the league would have become stale.

FFP has shown just how bent ufea and fifa really are.

people upset they broke FFP are forgetting the rules only came about because clubs like United were crying in the first place. United have spent more than city in the last 5 years and are a joke.

Spot a City fan...

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Least surprising news ever.

Shouldn't even impose these 'bans' going forward, they never seem to actually apply to the big teams.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
FFP only exists to keep small clubs in check while bigger teams like City and PSG have enough power and money to get away with blatant cheating.

Hooker

Oct 28, 2017
And thus, the reign of wealth continues.

Scum, the lot of 'em. Barcelona, PSG, Real Madrid, Chelsea, City, I could go on for ages. From the big clubs only Bayern is wholesome.

Oct 25, 2017

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Essentially CAS admits City deliberately mislead UEFA in the previous investigation, but then states that the FFP offences are time barred because of that previous investigation (which came to the wrong conclusions because of City's misrepresentations) and so they can only punish them for the article 56 (must cooperate) failure. It's nuts.

Hooker

Oct 28, 2017
I'm fairly certain that they're:
- Without debt (without a sugar daddy)
- Continue to run a healthy business
- Didn't take government aids (not just during COVID-19, mind you)
- Continue to compete for prizes on the highest podium

Their practises of purchasing all the talent in Germany is not something I condone, or think is ethical, but you can't knock how the club is run.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What on earth is the point of ffp if you can stonewall any kind of investigation until you get the verdict you want 😂