• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
You're basically saying "grow thicker skin"? It's totally valid to be insecure about your height. His behavior is totally divorced from that.
Pretty sure someone can perform same mental gymnastic for other body types that do not conform to the laws of averages. So, kindly spare me the justifications.

Note how I said "massive"? He's obviously got problems with his height just because he's talking about dating apps and women. I'm fine with people feeling weirded out by societal reaction to their height, but I'm not OK with people flipping out like this, and I'll gladly openly mock them for it.

And yes, you gotta have some thick skin, otherwise you end up flipping out like this. Its weak and pathetic, which is why everyone is mocking him.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
he'll be marching his army to the Iberian Peninsula in the morning, right after his bagel

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
this has to be fake.
it has to be.
i'm sure i've seen the guy somewhere else, he has to be an actor.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
"I wonder if Era will judge him for being a complete arsehole and not make cheap jabs at something he has no control over"

"Oh..."

Pretty much.

That guy is an undeniable misogynistic cunt and I have seen his type, i.e. people who base their self worth on insecurity and against the worst fucking people on the other side because there are people who literally write "Why do (insert a body type) guys/girls exist? Yuck". I mean, realistically speaking, as a person would you actually even date PoS like that? And these people get such tunnel vision that they drop down the rabbit whole and start generalizing.

It is very similar to how incel/red pill/black pill mindsets work.

Anyway, on Era heightism is the only form of bodyshaming that is allowed.

I'm pretty short myself.

Ok?

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Note how I said "massive"? He's obviously got problems with his height just because he's talking about dating apps and women. I'm fine with people feeling weirded out by societal reaction to their height, but I'm not OK with people flipping out like this, and I'll gladly openly mock them for it.

And yes, you gotta have some thick skin, otherwise you end up flipping out like this. Its weak and pathetic, which is why everyone is mocking him.
I like how it's apparently alright to say that people are weak and pathetic for having what I can only assume is a mental breakdown in public. No wonder mental illness is such a taboo thing over in the states.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's only one shop like an hour away that carries 15s and the one time I rode a cramped grey hound it was the worst travel experience of my life.

Now imagine trying to find size 15 shoes in Latin America. The big and Tall shop at the mall topped out at 12 LOL. At least after I moved to the US, buses had enough space to make me fit miserably instead of, you know, have to stand the whole way.

Plum

May 31, 2018
You're only a manlet if you let your height get to you as a massive insecurity like this idiot.

Can you imagine saying something like "You're only a lardass if you let your height get to you as a massive insecurity like this idiot,"? or "You're only a soulless ginger if you let your hair colour get to you as a massive insecurity like this idiot"? If not, what makes height different?

(And weight is even something you have control over, so surely in your eyes it would be more justified?)
I think it's more of a glass houses situation, where the glass house is made of short jokes and the stones are misogyny

If the only short man in the world was this dude then you'd have a point, but sincehe's not the short jokes have a good chance of making actually decent short dudes feel more insecure in their own body. You're basically saying that their height is something that can be used to attack them without consequence. I'm quite tall but as someone who's been fat all my life fat jokes at the expense of shitty fat people are just as hurtful as fat jokes aimed at more innocent folks.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Always the little one's....

CleanBitterEland-size_restricted.gif

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry, but.. woow I cant stop watching this. I know dude probably is in pain; but the way he just broke out like:

"And why is it OKAY for Women to say 'you are only 5 feet so Im not dating you' on dating sites! How is that okay!"

LMAO. Dude had that shit on his mind FORREAL! He couldnt WAIT to get that shit off his chest.
iULTGcb.gif

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like, it ain't cool what happens to smaller dudes. But you don't do that. You should keep that anger inside.
Next
What a little asshole

If youre gonna be angry like that at least work on your take down defense and learn how to throw a couple of inside shots. We tall people have no biomechanical leverage when a tiny dude like this gets inside our range. If this dude is gonna get into fights, at least learn a bit first.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Wow what a shitty dude. His behavior was unacceptable. Dating is rough because you are short, ok I guess I can understand being angry over that but don't take it out on innocent people around you. Come on man. One of my closest friends growing up was about his height. He hit the weights hard, changed how he dressed and spoke then did absolutely amazing in regards to dating after.

LOL at him wanting to step outside with that guy, he could have held him back with a hand on top of his skull, cocked back with the other and given this man a concussion.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Holy shit at the awful attacks of a person's height in this thread. Shit is gross.

trevofour

Oct 26, 2017
joisey
Over 5 million views on twitter alone plus it was picked up by the NY Post and Newsweek. That guys gonna have a bad week.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
So yeah, the dude's a prick but it's becoming increasingly obvious that some of you are just reveling in the blind spot this place has for clowning on mens' height.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
You're basically saying "grow thicker skin"? It's totally valid to be insecure about your height. His behavior is totally divorced from that.
Exactly. Well ok, maybe not totally divorced as he clearly has issues with his height.

This is a guy that is having or is on the verge of a full on mental breakdown, it's nice to get our giggles in and everything but right now this man is a very real danger to the people (especially women) around him.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If the only short man in the world was this dude then you'd have a point, but sincehe's not the short jokes have a good chance of making actually decent short dudes feel more insecure in their own body. You're basically saying that their height is something that can be used to attack them without consequence. I'm quite tall but as someone who's been fat all my life fat jokes at the expense of shitty fat people are just as hurtful as fat jokes aimed at more innocent folks.
He is the only short man, because he's short in his heart

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So yeah, the dude's a prick but it's becoming increasingly obvious that some of you are just reveling in the blind spot this place has for clowning on mens' height.

No no... Its not his rage that makes it funny, that part is annoying. Is seeing the average height dude immedately just crush him with no effort after he spend the past two minutes berating the staff that makes the video hilarious.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this obsession about height. I know a lot of short guys that are charismatic, charming, or even well built. They're more well adjusted and have a wider variety of friends and romantic relationships than most people I know.
Some people accept it as a challenge to improve themselves in ways they can instead of being obsessed by something they can't change.

Other people just blame the world.
Thank you.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I find his behavior repulsive.

The attitude he displayed is disgusting, but I'm more worried about the Bagel Store workers. Watching someone fly off the handle like that always gives me anxiety that they'll return and try to vandalize the store... or worse.

And of course, some people have jokes for him. He may be an asshole, but no reason to pile on the height jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.