• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
This rant sounded more powerful in his head. Maybe he should have written it down beforehand to better organize his thoughts

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Probably my favorite internet video in a minute tbh

I worry for those workers or anybody else unfortunate enough to be in his path again tho. Dude with repressed rage like that can get violent

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
For being a little man, I've never had a little man complex. I should start raging.

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'm 5' 3" and my half Ecuadorian ex-gf and I recently split because her judgmental, traditional mother didn't like her being with a short man and never got over it in 3 and half years. We're on and off again in recent months, but people can be real dicks about the stupidest things.

I'm always surprised by this shit and even these threads because I feel like the rest of the world thinks about height way more than I ever do. Anyone who has ever given me shit for it, always makes me baffeled cause I'm like: "...wait you're being serious?? hahahahahaha asshole."

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
Man it must really fucking suck to be that short. We as men are conditioned to put so much worth into our heights and it certainly doesn't help that people on dating sites do set benchmarks for height. All the quick jabs at this dudes height prove that point.

With that said, no excuse to lash out like this in public. Dude probably has YEARS of pent up rage. Poor guy. I hope he can get some help

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
1. This thread is fucking gross with the comments about the guy's height. How are comments like that acceptable? You literally cannot control your height at all.

2. I'm actually really scared for the women who live around this man. How many times have we seen guys go completely nuts and then return to the scene of the crime guns blazing? I'm really scared that he's going to turn into another domestic terrorist.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Has the Era hive-mind done something bad where all 50k members are responsible? Or was it 10 people making shitty jokes?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Well that was hilarious. Sorry for the people around him who had to put up with that, but that's some grade A impotent rage.

Edit: and yeah he needs some kinda intervention, wouldn't be surprised to see this guy end up going from throwing a tantrum publicly to committing violent acts.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
No no... Its not his rage that makes it funny, that part is annoying. Is seeing the average height dude immedately just crush him with no effort after he spend the past two minutes berating the staff that makes the video hilarious.
That's not what some people here are joking about at all.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So yeah, the dude's a prick but it's becoming increasingly obvious that some of you are just reveling in the blind spot this place has for clowning on mens' height.

Yeah, it's really easy to see the areas in which Era finds hurtful language towards those outside of the norm to be acceptable. 'Manlet' itself is the type of word you'd see used on r/incel or 4chan for crying out loud.

He is the only short man, because he's short in his heart

That justification is weaker than most of the short 'jokes' in this thread.

I mean he's literally making himself an example of the Napoleon Complex in every way possible though. If he wasn't making his height the excuse for everything then I wouldn't have even thought of it.

And by making the entire thing about his height instead of him just being an angry and shitty human being you're doing the exact same thing. Of course that's ignoring the fact that these jokes have a good chance of making decent people feel worse in their own body.

Oct 27, 2017
This thread reminds me of those Chris Christie threads, where people insisted that it wasn't wrong to make fun of his weight because he's a bad person tho!

Era's (and the internet in general) double standard about this kind of stuff can be really dumb

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not what some people here are joking about at all.

Sure, his shortness is part of it. And some people here are mocking him exclusively for it, which is kinda meh. To me, this shit is hilarious because of how much shit he talks and how impotent he is to defend himself. The second video, where he is all wobly and still trying to pretend he is a badass is also hilarious.

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck what a bitter sexist shithead. Yea, lash out at random women about your insecurities. Good lord.

Also, this is a great time remind ourselves how the conversation here on ERA would have been different if the guy would have been fat.

Yea...

So much for an admin telling me that all types are welcome.

Seriously, the short jokes are fucking stupid and outwardly hypocritical

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
The height thing is so, so weird. I can understand how something unhealthy could carry a stigma, even if a person doesn't have control over it, but, like... who cares how tall you are? What difference does it make? I'm older and married now, so thankfully I don't have to deal with this shit, but when I was dating heavily years ago, I never once thought about height. Maybe I have that luxury as an average-size guy. I don't ever remember other men or women mentioning it, either, though, and this shit feels like it's everywhere now.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I mean he's literally making himself an example of the Napoleon Complex in every way possible though. If he wasn't making his height the excuse for everything then I wouldn't have even thought of it.

It is far worse than that though. That dude has essentially been red pilled with his height being aspect to justify his rage around.

And I don't recall quoting you. There is a difference between condemning and what can be construed as bullying around body shaming. There have been multiple posts, including mine, that speaks to his height being his insecurity but none of them went out of their way to use derogatory language encompassing heightism.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Body shaming people for things they can't control, even if they're giant, gaping assholes like this guy affects those who come across it who might not be gaping assholes but have the same insecurities. I say that at 6'1". Holy shit, it's not that hard to call someone a shit person and leave it at that.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I don't understand this obsession about height. I know a lot of short guys that are charismatic, charming, or even well built. They're more well adjusted and have a wider variety of friends and romantic relationships than most people I know.

Just the other day I saw a 5'2" guy with a woman that was almost 5'10".

Height really isn't an issue these days.
It is for sure an issue on dating sites. It's not impossible to overcome but it's a major hindrance. Being 6' or over is easy mode for dating.

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
yeah, this dude pulled the height card essentially to make an excuse for his shitty behavior to women.

its not calling out short people - its that this dude tried make an excuse for being an ass with it

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): inflammatory point of comparison
If it's okay use a derogatory stereotype as a way of mockery because it conforms to that derogatory stereotype, would it also be okay to do the same to Angry Black Men?

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Holy fuck what a bitter sexist shithead. Yea, lash out at random women about your insecurities. Good lord.

Also, this is a great time remind ourselves how the conversation here on ERA would have been different if the guy would have been fat.

Yea...

So much for an admin telling me that all types are welcome.
He is fat but that's not really a problem for a lot of women on dating apps. Being short is definitely a bigger problem for most guys.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
. Come on man. One of my closest friends growing up was about his height. He hit the weights hard, changed how he dressed and spoke then did absolutely amazing in regards to dating after.
Got nothing against the weights, but re-read the bold and think about how fucked up that is. Conforming your personality in order to "make up" for being short.

Plum

May 31, 2018
yeah, this dude pulled the height card essentially to make an excuse for his shitty behavior to women.

its not calling out short people - its that this dude tried make an excuse for being an ass with it

It is calling out short people because by saying "lol manlet" (or any equivalent) you're saying that being short is something that can be used to attack you. Making short jokes in response to this video will do nothing but prove to this guy that he's at least somewhat right to harbour such shitty anger and make short men who don't have that feel worse in their own bodies.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much.

That guy is an undeniable misogynistic cunt and I have seen his type, i.e. people who base their self worth on insecurity and against the worst fucking people on the other side because there are people who literally write "Why do (insert a body type) guys/girls exist? Yuck". I mean, realistically speaking, as a person would you actually even date PoS like that? And these people get such tunnel vision that they drop down the rabbit whole and start generalizing.

It is very similar to how incel/red pill/black pill mindsets work.

Anyway, on Era heightism is the only form of bodyshaming that is allowed.

Ok?

I dunno, I make jokes at my own expense about my shortness. Seems fair I can do it at the expense of people like that.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm short and stuff like this is something you grow out of in your teenage years. You don't carry that around to the age this man is. That's just childish. At the end of the day if your personality is enough that'll be all you need. Seems like this dude's got BIGGER problems than his height.

Oh, and any dissing people of short height is just lame. Good thing is that it allows you to increase your other areas to make up for it.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
And by making the entire thing about his height instead of him just being an angry and shitty human being you're doing the exact same thing
Because to him it's about his height. And his feelings on that is one of the main reasons he's acting like that. This is what a Napoleonic complex is...

It is far worse than that though. That dude has essentially been red pilled with his height being aspect to justify his rage around.
Yeah that's pretty much what I was implying too

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
um didn't the bigger blue shirt guy tackle brown shirt asshole first? should've let brown shirt guy make the first move cause he wasn't gonna do shit

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is calling out short people because by saying "lol manlet" (or any equivalent) you're saying that being short is something that can be used to attack you. Making short jokes in response to this video will do nothing but prove to this guy that he's at least somewhat right to harbour such shitty anger and make short men who don't have that feel worse in their own bodies.
It's like insulting incels by calling them virgins. Not in any way helpful.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow what a shitty dude. His behavior was unacceptable. Dating is rough because you are short, ok I guess I can understand being angry over that but don't take it out on innocent people around you. Come on man. One of my closest friends growing up was about his height. He hit the weights hard, changed how he dressed and spoke then did absolutely amazing in regards to dating after.

LOL at him wanting to step outside with that guy, he could have held him back with a hand on top of his skull, cocked back with the other and given this man a concussion.
Being short isn't a disability, Jesus lol.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Height literally doesn't matter in this regard. Maybe women don't want to be with him because he's an asshole.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow what a shitty dude. His behavior was unacceptable. Dating is rough because you are short, ok I guess I can understand being angry over that but don't take it out on innocent people around you. Come on man. One of my closest friends growing up was about his height. He hit the weights hard, changed how he dressed and spoke then did absolutely amazing in regards to dating after.

LOL at him wanting to step outside with that guy, he could have held him back with a hand on top of his skull, cocked back with the other and given this man a concussion.

Demetrious Johnson and Joey-B are both tiny dudes (5'2 I believe) and married to absolutely stunning women that are taller than them.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Other than the obvious issues it's wrong of him to blame everything on women as thought they're the only ones who discriminate based on height.

Otherwise this thread's a little much. Mocking people for things they can't control is rather shitty.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I don't think the height is what's keeping him from finding success with women. I don't doubt he's had some shit there, you don't take that and try and use it as a free pass to abuse women wherever you go though.

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
I remember a thread back in the old place that was somewhat similar and it was just page after page of people making fun of short guys. Thank God I'm transitioning so that I no longer have to deal with that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.