• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JuiceMan_V

Banned
Apr 17, 2019
I'm not a fan of anything or anyone that tries to tamper with the Spiderman formula.

Heck, I haven't even watched another Spiderman movie since the Toby ones, but this weekend I decided to watch Into The Spiderverse, and boy was it enjoyable.

It was funny, heartfelt, and relatable, but overall I actually think it does the overall Spiderman story justice via Miles Morales to the point that I'm actually intrigued to see where his story goes.

I won't spoil it for anyone that's seen it, but it's actually a good movie and it passes the torch so to speak.

Go check it out.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I mean it shouldn't have been a surprise, people have been raving about it for more than half a year now.

Edit: but yes it's easily the best spiderman movie and tied with hereditary as my favorite movie from last year

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The only surprise is that there are still people out there who haven't heard how good it is.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
The best Spider-flick, bar-none.

FFH was pretty bad, but suffered even more by coming out after.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The best Spider-flick, bar-none.

FFH was pretty bad, but suffered even more by coming out after.
Same with the game. Like the game had some really great standout parts but their Miles Morales was so much more bland than Spider Verse Miles.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's also cutting edge animation, too. There's a huge amount of thought and technique that went into animating it, and it's a one-of-a-kind on that front right now too.

It's artistically, technically, and narratively strong as hell.

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine gushing about this movie to everyone you know online and off for 7 plus months only to read "that was pleasant surprise".

Does my life's work mean nothing?

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
So many things get hyped through the roof lately and almost always let me down, but this completely exceeded all of my expectations. Every second of it is delightful and engaging. It's seriously perfect.

Like I honestly kind of tear up when I think about how much I loved it.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Disappointing that people didn't see it because it was a "cartoon" or whatever fucking weak ass excuse they used.

Easily top 3 Spiderman film.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Disappointing that people didn't see it because it was a "cartoon" or whatever fucking weak ass excuse they used.

Easily top 3 Spiderman film.
I'm interested in what the other two are. SM2 and Homecoming/SM1?

Cause I think it smokes them all

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
I rarely love a movie after seeing everyone build one up so much, but the love for this movie is totally justified.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
How many people actually saw it though?

I remember seeing the trailers for this and thinking that I'd MAYBE check it out one day.
At this point very few people are on the fence about Spider-Verse. You either heard how great it was and checked it out or you have a bias against animated films and decided to skip it. Similar thing happened to Lego Batman where after decades of seeing something in live action audiences see an animated version as a downgrade.

You're doing the lords work but posting a Spider-Verse thread on Era is basically preaching to the choir at this point.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite movie of last year. The first and only movie I have gone to see three times in theaters.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
It is in my top 8 of best Spider-Man movies released in theatres.

Oct 26, 2017
It's the best Spider-Man anything we've gotten so far. And I don't say that lightly, because we've had a lot of great Spider-Man.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
I watched it in 4k for the first time yesterday and it was a much better experience than seeing it at my local theater. Most of their bulbs are getting dim so actually seeing all the amazing detail was mind-blowing. The "What's Up Danger" scene made me misty-eyed.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are those miles powers Canon?
The prowler thing felt a little silly as well but still mostly effective.
I thought it was super enjoyable. The BAGEL! moment was wonderful.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Into the Spider-Verse was fantastic. It makes me sad that this isn't the version of Miles that we get in the mainline comics.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
The Oscar was well deserved

A fantastic movie that suffers poor marketing of Sony outside US

jml

Mar 9, 2018
It was a surprise for me because I don't really like Spider-man or superhero movies in general and I thought it was a blast.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing that tampers with the fórmula? You must hate MCU spider.

Edit: I loved it and it showed that ten years after there is plenty to do with superhéroe movies.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
My favourite movie. Sets a bar so high you need to websling to get close.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Saw it in the theaters and really enjoyed it. Would probably rank it 4th in Spidey media, while I thought it was great I didn't have the desire to see it again. Since it's on Netflix I'll check it out again especially since one of my friends in another state wanted to watch it together.

Oct 27, 2017
I've watched it about half a dozen times since release and I think it's my favourite Spider-Man film. It's just so earnest, so creative, it's got great characters and fantastic music and it really feels fresh and interesting. I can't wait for more Spider-Verse films and I really hope Sony takes their time and does it properly.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Thread title is the understatement of the year. Movie is a downright sleeper hit, the only reason people thought it might be ok was L&M involvement, nobody expected the best Spider-Man movie to date

empanada

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, great Spider-Man movie! The only thing I didn't like about it is the design they used for Kingpin...I've always hated that huge body with a tiny head Kingpin design!

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had heard how good it was, and I was still surprised how good it was. BTW, just it just coincidence or were snippets of Elfman's Spider-Man used here and there? I can swear I hear a little bit of it in the What's Up Danger remix

edit: not actual snippets, more like homage

Last edited:

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Spider-Verse is what we need more of in superhero movies. Creativity oozing through every frame and so earnest and heartfelt throughout.