• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TouchOfGray

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just for the record, I expected the response I'm getting because I see this sort of craziness in almost every animal thread here. I see people who would literally let someone else burn and save the dog first and feel justified. I'll leave this be, but people should put credence on their family and I sincerely hope that anyone who has children thinks long and hard about the future ramifications on said children before doing stupid things.

I truly believe there is literally nothing more important than someone caring for their own children and nothing takes priority over that. I literally go to work every day to try and put the pieces back together from families who don't do that. I really think most of you underestimate the damage that can be done there. Take care of your kids.

Oh you''ll leave this be now that you shit up the thread, how nice.

Next time do us all a favor and don't post at all.

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
Just for the record, I expected the response I'm getting because I see this sort of craziness in almost every animal thread here. I see people who would literally let someone else burn and save the dog first and feel justified. I'll leave this be, but people should put credence on their family and I sincerely hope that anyone who has children thinks long and hard about the future ramifications on said children before doing stupid things.

I truly believe there is literally nothing more important than someone caring for their own children and nothing takes priority over that. I literally go to work every day to try and put the pieces back together from families who don't do that. I really think most of you underestimate the damage that can be done there. Take care of your kids so people like me locked residential settings don't have to.

People who would love their companions and would do anything to save them = crazy. Gotcha.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
"I ran through the curtain of fire and made my way through the smoke to the back of the house, where I had her chained up," he said. "It was hard for me to get her leash unhooked, but I managed to get her loose and we both ran out towards the driveway."

Why was the dog chained to the toilette?

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
People who would love their companions and would do anything to save them = crazy. Gotcha.
Their point is the kids would be more fucked with the loss of their father doing something reckless. This had a good outcome and it's fantastic he saved his dog, but had he not he left 3 kids behind fatherless building on the thought that he left them behind to save their dog and failed. Mix that in with the potential chance with the fire fighters rushing in if enough time passed multiple lives could have been lost.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh you''ll leave this be now that you shit up the thread, how nice.

Next time do us all a favor and don't post at all.

I didn't realize etcetera was just for cheerleading purposes. In all seriousness, if you're looking for nothing but people repeating stuff such as "good doggo" about a thousand times, go hang out on r/aww. I'm not saying that to be snarky, but if we're seriously not supposed to discuss an article beyond saying how great it is, some sort of disclaimer would be appreciated.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Why was the dog chained to the toilette?
If you suspect some sort of animal abuse, search somewhere else I think. He's owned the dog for 2 months, I can imagine him being leashed 'out of fear he'd run away. With the leash on, the dog hid unter the toilet, because it was the only place not on fire.

dog-fire-4.jpg

Whos a good doggo
you're a good doggo

Great thread! Pretty sure I'd do the same for my kitties.

edit: Their gofundme seems to be a success too! All around feelgood story.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I didn't realize etcetera was just for cheerleading purposes. In all seriousness, if you're looking for nothing but people repeating stuff such as "good doggo" about a thousand times, go hang out on r/aww. I'm not saying that to be snarky, but if we're seriously not supposed to discuss an article beyond saying how great it is, some sort of disclaimer would be appreciated.

Nah, you're right. If the father had died doing this, there'd be a lot of people going the other way and agreeing with you.

It ended up being a heartwarming story, but so many times life doesn't turn out like the movies.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know what I'd do at that moment. I can say right now with certainty that I'd do the same as that man, but when the time comes I could just get too scared. I don't want a painful dead, which I imagine burning to death probably is.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Having never been in this situation, I for one, again with no experience, know I would've reacted with a level-head and a clear mind.

Guy did a really dangerous thing to save a loved one. I can't blame him but he really really took his life into his own hands there.

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know what I'd do at that moment. I can say right now with certainty that I'd do the same as that man, but when the time comes I could just get too scared. I don't want a painful dead, which I imagine burning to death probably is.

I'm not going to say it's pleasant, but usually you pass out from smoke inhalation before the flames get you. I know if I ever get stuck in a no win fire situation, I'll be breathing deep.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, glad they both came out ok. I agree with others though, very foolish! I would be devastated if my husband died trying to save our dog.

kaytee

Oct 28, 2017
USA
I'm really, really glad both he and the dog are okay. I've actually thought about what I'd do about my pets in a fire, because my family has a dog who goes to hide under the bed when the fire alarm goes off. I'd do what I could if I were still in the house and could make it to them, but I wouldn't risk my life like this. I love my pets dearly, but I won't give up my life for them.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Foolish? Sure, but we do crazy stuff for people and animals we love.

Bless that man.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
"He went in there for that dog"

giphy.gif

As someone who was raised with dogs, I can relate and would have done the same for my sweet Giant Schnauzer. Dogs are called best friends for a reason.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the thought of leaving my guy in a burning home. Nah, that wouldn't slide with me either. I'm going in for my, boy.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Dumbass lucky to escape alive, put his own life in danger and possibly the first responders' lives. Good thing it was a happy ending.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Fire department should go in upon being informed of a dog in the house.

But I'm happy the dog lives. Good owner.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
I don't approve of this. There was a good chance he'd leave 3 children without a father

babuchy

The Fallen
Nov 3, 2017
I hope I would do the same for my two yorkies... this guy is my fucking hero

Respect

Oct 30, 2017
My wife and I would die in the blaze trying to save our cats. I don't care what anyone else thinks. Pets can be loved by people that much.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
His dog is his family. I completely understand that, my dog was too. We raise them from a small puppy in many cases and they rely on us in much the same way a child does. He reacted in the moment. I likely would have done the same. Yes he was a parent and had he died it would have been a stupid move, but, he didn't. All I can do is shake my head at the callous people in this thread that would let their dog burn alive, because "it's just a dog" basically. My ignore list at least got some work.

Deleted member 29939

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Good man. Would've done the same.

What you see as a feel good thread, to me, is just another sad reminder of people's fucked up priorities in the modern age. I work every day with kids who have lost their parents and see the devastation it causes to themselves and everyone around them. It's ridiculous and I really think it has to do with people further isolating themselves and prescribing human emotions on creatures that are literally incapable of them.

I'm glad the dog is safe, but fuck I'd be pissed if he got himself killed doing that.

With each posts of yours I read I can feel the light, life, joy, warmth and compassion being suck out of this moment.

Fucking hell