• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why wasn't he arrested for causing a panic or public endangerment (or whatever this would be considered). It's not protected speech.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't a comic book, most people are cowards and want to protect themselves and their own than to risk facing down a person who can kill them or wound them badly

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I would have thought the same as the rest of the people there and probably would have started to make a run for it. It's awful that many people's first instinct now is that there's going to be a shooting. I've been to the Hippodrome several times, and those seats are cramped as hell, so I can only imagine people tripping all over the place during a panic.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what theaters are like in Charm City but in NYC it would be pretty much impossible to get a gun in to a theater like that.
Sure, that doesn't mean I wouldn't still think that. That's fucing terrifying to hear in a very tight theater where as a member of the audience are super limited in where you can go at a moments notice.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
The most idealized, guiltless case of Punch Nazis I've ever seen (let alone someone having shot the dude). This is beyond harassment, beyond any hypothetical good letting him exercise his freeze peach then and there could possibly create.

Stitch

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some people hate Trump so much I wouldn't be suprised if it was s false flag to make him look bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Some people hate Trump so much I wouldn't be suprised if it was s false flag to make him look bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This was stupid.

People argued this during the bombs too. No one is risking prison time to make Trump look bad, he looks bad on his own.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
No, they are not.

How can you say that after everything that has happened in the past two years? You cannot use ignorance as an excuse.

I don't think you were following the conversation. The poster was responding to the audience not getting shot at cause "they were white"

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Police issued a stop ticket to the man, but he was not arrested, police said. A stop ticket is the least severe measure police can take when responding to a complaint, followed by citations and arrests. Stop tickets do not carry any fines or other penalties and do not require follow-up from the recipient.

What the fuck is this shit?

"Hey, you! You... Stop being such a bad Nazi! Bad Nazi! Who's a bad Nazi? You are! You are!"

At least fine the prick for disturbing the peace.

Christ.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

"Hey, you! You... Stop being such a bad Nazi! Bad Nazi! Who's a bad Nazi? You are! You are!"

Christ.
Yelling fire in a movie theater is against the law but shouting out nazi phrases during a jewish play is a-ok.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "it's a prank" defense is used too often to count.

No need for the hostility at all, calm down.
The president called nazis very fine people over a year ago and he didn't even face censure, impeachment, removal from office, or hearings over it.

A man just recently went on a killing spree in a synagogue to murder as many jews as possible while calling for their complete extermination. The president criticized the synagogue

Nazis are flaunting their ideology and acting on it.

I'm fucking terrified for my life. Your sarcasm belittles the very real danger people are in and you are completely blind to this.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The president called nazis very fine people over a year ago and he didn't even face censure, impeachment, removal from office, or hearings over it.

A man just recently went on a killing spree in a synagogue to murder as many jews as possible while calling for their complete extermination.

Nazis are flaunting their ideology and acting on it.

I'm fucking terrified for my life. Your sarcasm belittles the very real danger people are in and you are completely blind to this.

Did you miss the mod note to drop this?

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you miss the mod note to drop this?
I'm still working my way through the thread, so if it was dropped later, yes. I responded to the post the moment I came across it, since it's so alarming. If I face a ban because I didn't wait until I was done reading responses to it, so be it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, extremists would never risk prison time..
Extremists would go after the source of the issue or at least what they perceive to be the issue, see neo nazis attacking minorities, the leftist terrorist shooting steve scalise. A false flag extremist makes very little sense, has no evidence in this case and completely ignores the support that neo nazis give to Trump and that he returns.

You're trying to both sides a neo-nazi intimidating a jewish crowd at a play about judaism.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't have the nerve to try to fight him, but he'd have likely gone over that balcony if I were afraid he was going to shoot and in a position to send him over.

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Surprised the people around him didn't immediately beat the shit out of him believing he was about to shoot uo the place.

I know that, in a controlled situation where I can sit back and analyze the situation, if there is someone announcing thier intention to begin a mass shooting standing directly next to me that my best chance for survival is just to full force tackle him. Im so close that I will undoubtedly get shot either way.

In the moment? My brain will be screaming at me to run away and I have no doubt thats what I would end up doing.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Christ.

Disturbing the peace charges are only for people who hurt cops' feelings but didn't commit any crimes.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so it's illegal to shout fire ina crowded theater, but not "heil hitler" in a crowded theater in NYC during a Jewish play, shortly after a synagogue was shot up by a nazi.

Are any of you going to actually do anything to prevent the nazis from killing us this time? Because it seems like neither the government nor the general public cares. Fucking protect us. I'm pleading to the general public as a frightened Jew. You think armed guards at churches sound absurd. That is a reality I've lived with my whole life attending high holiday services.

We need your help. I know you're mostly on our side, here and elsewhere, but the situation is pretty fucking dire. Don't give anyone a pass, family or otherwise, for looking past these views when voting.

Oct 27, 2017
Posting sarcastic replies and making it literally impossible to tell what's genuine and what's sarcastic is part of the alt right playbook btw. They want you to do it, because those who don't pick up on the sarcasm that is easily missed in text can be influenced by it. So stop doing it. It literally contributes nothing to a discussion except to agitate people who actually have to hear that shit say in and day out uniroinically. We come here to get away from that kind of horse shit

You are not funny or clever by replying that you agree eith something sarcastically without even noting it.
Because I think this bears repeating in every one of these nazi/white supremacist threads.

None of the untagged humor is funny.

Oct 27, 2017
If I was near that guy I would have roughed him up. Fuck you.

Yeah; he deserved a fucking punch in the face at bare minimum. Shame he didn't accidentally fall off the balcony to his death to be honest. But I'm sure the all right would defend his right to freeze peach and say there haven't been any Nazis since the 1940s.

Last edited:

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so it's illegal to shout fire ina crowded theater, but not "heil hitler" in a crowded theater in NYC during a Jewish play, shortly after a synagogue was shot up by a nazi.

Are any of you going to actually do anything to prevent the nazis from killing us this time? Because it seems like neither the government nor the general public cares. Fucking protect us. I'm pleading to the general public as a frightened Jew. You think armed guards at churches sound absurd. That is a reality I've lived with my whole life attending high holiday services.

We need your help. I know you're mostly on our side, here and elsewhere, but the situation is pretty fucking dire. Don't give anyone a pass, family or otherwise, for looking past these views when voting.
I see you.

I'm trans in the USA so I have also felt afraid of being abandoned in recent times. Seeing how my Jewish friends reacted to the recent shooting made me more aware of how frightening it must be to be on the receiving end of antisemitic hate. I'm sorry it's so bad right now, and I hope that I and other people of conscience will stand up to defend not just you, but each other in the times ahead.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see you.

I'm trans in the USA so I have also felt afraid of being abandoned in recent times. Seeing how my Jewish friends reacted to the recent shooting made me more aware of how frightening it must be to be on the receiving end of antisemitic hate. I'm sorry it's so bad right now, and I hope that I and other people of conscience will stand up to defend not just you, but each other in the times ahead.
I don't think people realize that it's not like 40% of the german population suddenly wanted to kill jews. It took years of normalization and a tiny fraction of the base that approved of hitler's overall performance. "Eh, it sucks that those businesses got vandalized and the police won't come down with harsher charges or sentences for the perpetrators, but what can you do?" Nazi members who saw maintaining party unity and preserving hitler's vision as more important than blowing it all up over some bad rhetoric, stochastic terrorism, or a few ghettos, even when there were some unfortunate deaths.

"Never again" was supposed to mean that from now on, we would come down hard on this kind of extremism, with a harsh fist and mob justice, to make sure that the evildoers knew that this was not okay, and to cease and desist immediately, so that it would never even get the chance to fester and normalize. Many countries, germany included, even passed laws barring public displays of nazi symbols or ideology, to directly outlaw the normalization.

I feel like somewhere over the last several years, the US has lost that. It used to be inviting a punch in the face to support nazism, to kill a business for hiring nazis. No one would dare shout heil hitler at a fucking fiddler on the roof performance because it would be the equivalent of raping a baby on national television.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a dude tweeting "Heil Felix, Heil our people" after Pewdiepie complimented Stefan Molyneux's sweater. I checked out his profile and he describes himself as a "Social-Nationalist", as in Nazi backwards. There are a lot of these people lying around just waiting for things to heil.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
How is being a fascist Nazi not a crime in this country?
1. Someone once pointed out to me that the U.S. spent a lot of effort in denazifying Germany and yet never bothered doing the same thing for the supporters they had at home. I thought that was interesting.

2. The first amendment is written in such a way that it explicitly protects hate speech, so trying to set up hate speech laws in the U.S. is an exercise in futility. Look it up, you'll find cases of it coming to the Supreme Court and Scalia outright say explicitly that hate speech is legal. It's heinous.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Someone once pointed out to me that the U.S. spent a lot of effort in denazifying Germany and yet never bothered doing the same thing for the supporters they had at home. I thought that was interesting.

2. The first amendment is written in such a way that it explicitly protects hate speech, so trying to set up hate speech laws in the U.S. is an exercise in futility. Look it up, you'll find cases of it coming to the Supreme Court and Scalia outright say explicitly that hate speech is legal. It's heinous.
"Kill all Jews" is legal.

"Kill GaimeGuy, that particular Jew [and every jew he knows, and every jew known by anyone known by association to GaimeGuy by any number of degrees of separation"] is not.

But there's no difference in meaning