• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
People should stop with these Nazi accusations, it only take meaning away from the term, they are not committing acts of terror in the name of white superiority or have concentration camps, heck they are probrably like what? 200 real Nazi in this whole country? Whats that? Almost nothing, what about people that die on car accidents? What aren't we addressing this instead of a boy just playing a light prank.

Listen all I know is that we never had this before Obama was president, and we Never got to see Hilary emails, lock her up!

Edit:
/s

Last edited:

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Nothing new. We saw in several instances Alt Right members doing the Nazi salutes. So - again - nothing new. Unfortunately...

Maurice Hamblin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Not sure what theaters are like in Charm City but in NYC it would be pretty much impossible to get a gun in to a theater like that.
Not at all true. Security here can be incredibly lazy. Looking into bags and frisking are just there for show half the time and, in this particular case, there are no metal detectors at Broadway theaters. The only time I was REALLY searched was when I went to the 40/40 club. They got all up in my shit.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, get over yourself if you're telling us how to react to this shit.

If i said what I actually wanted to say about these people I'd be outright banned on the spot. This shit is fucking disgusting, and many of us are at a loss for words.

It's 2018. People say the worst shit on the internet in all seriousness. If you don't tag it as sarcasm, I will take whatever you post as what you really think.

That's completely up to you.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Not at all true. Security here can be incredibly lazy. Looking into bags and frisking are just there for show half the time and, in this particular case, there are no metal detectors at Broadway theaters. The only time I was REALLY searched was when I went to the 40/40 club. They got all up in my shit.
Last 6 shows I went to had metal detectors but w/e anecdotal nonetheless.

Tedesco!

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 30, 2017

If i said what I actually wanted to say about these people I'd be outright banned on the spot. This shit is fucking disgusting, and many of us are at a loss for words.

How about you just refrain from being edgy? Sometimes it is ok to not be sarcastic with a topic that some people take seriously.

Oct 25, 2017
that's a lot of money to spend to just be a big asshole
Yeah, but a nice public service announcement with adding in "Heil Trump" to make the connection these racist assholes have to those racist assholes that much more clear.

People should stop with these Nazi accusations, it only take meaning away from the term, they are not committing acts of terror in the name of white superiority or have concentration camps, heck they are probrably like what? 200 real Nazi in this whole country? Whats that? Almost nothing, what about people that die on car accidents? What aren't we addressing this instead of a boy just playing a light prank.

Listen all I know is that we never had this before Obama was president, and we Never got to see Hilary emails, lock her up!

When no one in this thread is making any sorts of comments along those lines, all you're doing is self-righteous shitposting.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
How about you just refrain from being edgy? Sometimes it is ok to not be sarcastic with a topic that some people take seriously.
Again, get over yourself. There are plenty of other posters on the first page using deadpan sarcasm in the same way.

You don't get to tell us how to react to this stuff.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
User banned (1 day): needless hostility, previous warning for similar
Plenty of people using deadpan sarcasm ITT, get a grip.

Are you that fucking daft? People say this shit ALL THE TIME in defense of Nazi shitbags. Our own president might say the same thing.

So you're little "sarcastic quip" is completely and utterly worthless. It's not funny, and all it does is make people weary of you. It's on YOU, not me, to figure out if "it's just a joke man (tm)" or you're actually garbage.

Next time, I'll just report your ass and move on.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
'The incident reportedly frightened audience members, with many believing that the outburst was the precursor to a shooting'

This is a terrifying thought, such a shame it has come to this. I have only ever seen a gun once so my first thought would be that some idiot is drunk.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Are you that fucking daft? People say this shit ALL THE TIME in defense of Nazi shitbags. Our own president might say the same thing.

So you're little "sarcastic quip" is completely and utterly worthless. It's not funny, and all it does is make people weary of you. It's on YOU, not me, to figure out if "it's just a joke man (tm)" or you're actually garbage.

Next time, I'll just report your ass and move on.

The irony of responding in a more report worthy fashion than my original post. Your holier than thou act doesn't work if you throw it out there this way.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston

u joking dude

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017

How does one tell if you're being sarcastic or being a sack of nazi-defending shit? Who has time to go through your post history?

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017

Tedesco!

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 30, 2017
Again, get over yourself. There are plenty of other posters on the first page using deadpan sarcasm in the same way.

You don't get to tell us how to react to this stuff.

You aren't reacting. You made a bad joke, called it sarcasm, and doubled down instead of admitting you made a mistake.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
How does one tell if you're being sarcastic or being a sack of nazi-defending shit? Who has time to go through your post history?

Are you going to give hassle to every person who deadpans online?

I admit it was dumb, sure, but your attempts to police the thread equal that.

You aren't reacting. You made a bad joke, called it sarcasm, and doubled down instead of admitting you made a mistake.

I don't agree that I made a mistake. Much like all the other people who've deadpanned in this thread, and countless other threads.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He literally said Heil Hitler. The leader of the Nazi party. He's a Nazi or at least a Nazi wannabe.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what theaters are like in Charm City but in NYC it would be pretty much impossible to get a gun in to a theater like that.
There could always be an insider employee who helped sneak one in or something

If someone stands up shouting that I'm sure your first thought isn't gonna he whatever there's metal detectors

airjoca

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
The difference in the day to day reality. If this was my country the thought of a shooting about to start wouldn't cross anyones minds.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

Every single time I've seen a bag check in the UK it's been half-arsed. I regularly go to The British Library and they check your bags on entry... or should I say they glance at the opening, flash a torch at it, then wave you through.

Is security in the states any better than this in general?

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My first though would be, who is the racist asshole, but I understand why a lot of people would get spooked by this.
Yeah but these racist assholes are the ones doing all these shootings. Someone posted it in earlier that this country is starting to link mass shootings to white supremacy, that's why everyone got all scared.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but these racist assholes are the ones doing all these shootings. Someone posted it in earlier that this country is starting to link mass shootings to white supremacy, that's why everyone got all scared.

Is there any database or article or something that's collected all the data on mass shooters? These fuckers have to make up a huge amount of the percentage.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Every single time I've seen a bag check in the UK it's been half-arsed. I regularly go to The British Library and they check your bags on entry... or should I say they glance at the opening, flash a torch at it, then wave you through.

Is security in the states any better than this in general?
NYC security is pretty good because of 9/11, there are obviously plenty of examples of half assed security still.
Yeah and again I get it. I don't live my life that way though. I'm not living my life in fear, if its my time then so be it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
NYC security is pretty good because of 9/11, there are obviously plenty of examples of half assed security still.

I think London security took a step up after the bus bombings, but I've literally never seen it actually well implemented by the staff.

I guess it works as a deterrent of sorts, but if someone wanted to get something in I don't think anything short of full on walk through metal detectors are going to stop them.

Still, when I see security half-arse bag checks it always weirds me out a little.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Please remember that dry, sarcastic posts are often construed as genuine so please make it clear when you are joking. Likewise, there's no need for hostility over admitted jokes so let's please get back on track.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Why are you guys always making the sarcastic imaginary responses to no one at the start of topics? The bulk of people on the site already agree with you most likely.

I don't get it. I've used the term Nazi to describe plenty of recent acts and the current administration and not once has somebody quoted me saying that's taking it too far. It's a tired response at this point.

More on topic, that's frightening. Guy certainly knew his audience. You hope things like this will get better over time, but it seems like we just slip right back into old habits

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Edit:
/s
The sad thing is

This is an identical (and very common) talking point from GAF.

Oct 27, 2017
Posting sarcastic replies and making it literally impossible to tell what's genuine and what's sarcastic is part of the alt right playbook btw. They want you to do it, because those who don't pick up on the sarcasm that is easily missed in text can be influenced by it. So stop doing it. It literally contributes nothing to a discussion except to agitate people who actually have to hear that shit say in and day out uniroinically. We come here to get away from that kind of horse shit

You are not funny or clever by replying that you agree eith something sarcastically without even noting it.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Posting sarcastic replies and making it literally impossible to tell what's genuine and what's sarcastic is part of the alt right playbook btw. They want you to do it, because those who don't pick up on the sarcasm that is easily missed in text can be influenced by it. So stop doing it. It literally contributes nothing to a discussion except to agitate people who actually have to hear that shit say in and day out uniroinically. We come here to get away from that kind of horse shit

You are not funny or clever by replying that you agree eith something sarcastically without even noting it.

I agree. You are correct. This post should be stickied.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. I've used the term Nazi to describe plenty of recent acts and the current administration and not once has somebody quoted me saying that's taking it too far. It's a tired response at this point.

More on topic, that's frightening. Guy certainly knew his audience. You hope things like this will get better over time, but it seems like we just slip right back into old habits

Exactly, we'll be five posts into a topic where everyone is disgusted by the behavior and we get a random one liner like " but civility eh, guys?" Folks post like they're expecting upvotes or something. That said, dropping it as I just saw the mod post above. Apologies.