• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
UPDATE: Story has been debunked. The hunt for the plot of The Batman continues.

RUMOR IS NOT TRUE.

Just finished talking with El Mayimbe who was digging into it for me.

According to Manabyte, he has it on good authority our boy Matt Reeves is going to fill in the gap that everyone has been curious about in the DCEU: The death of Robin.

We know this weighs heavily on Batfleck with several nods to it, even confirming that Harley Quinn was involved with his death in her intro in Suicide Squad. There's a lot of puzzle pieces, Reeves just has to put them together.

As to if we'll see Red Hood, that's a mystery that remains to be seen and could be left for a sequel (probably for the better as that's a lot to tackle in that movie).

To be clear, it sounds like it's not a direct adaptation. More like using the death of Robin as a foundation for the story, who knows how much Reeves will pull.

Obviously this'll be before BVS... so that leaves me with one big question. Is Affleck out? Rumors have been suggesting for months that Reeves would go for Gyllenhaal as he's both going for a bit of a younger Bats and he may not exactly be pleased with how Affleck has maintained his public image as Batman given his shaky "will he stay or will he go?" status.

Is this a story you guys want to see or would you have rather seen Affleck's script which reportedly would have been heavily influenced by David Fincher's The Game.

Source: https://t.co/H4fOk5yxBh

Last edited:

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Would prefer an original story at this point... to have Death in the Family emotionally pay off, we'd have to know Jason Todd, or whoever they'd put in Robin's suit for at least a movie... just intro-ing him at the start, or doing flashback to show it... I don't think it would work.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Eww baby what you doing?

Jason Todd is a hard pill to swallow under the best of conditions, but in the DCEU?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like we'd be retreading same ground as Under The Red Hood, which managed to show the best parts of death in the family anyway.

And trying to tie it into the current DCEU feels like a headache not worth having.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Red Hood seemed like an obvious storyline to go with for the next movie.

No way Affleck is in it though.

OP
OP
ASleepingMonkey

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Awesome. Make it R-rated.
Interestingly enough, due to how things are going with DC I don't know if it's smart or dumb to take that kind of risk. On one hand, shows they're trying something and want to take risks and leave it to the creator but on the other hand, Batman pulls in lots of kids. That would alienate a huge audience. At least with Deadpool he's never really been aimed at children despite his juvenile nature so it's not like they were leaving behind some of their audience.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Manabyte says it's a RUMOR. Shouldn't that be in the title?

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
You know what would be dope? A good Manbat story

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
There's only one good part in that garbage story: Joker as the Iranian ambassador.
And it's only good if you're really fucking drunk.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
If that happens, why? It's just a cheap death without making us get to know Robin first.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
There's only one good part in that garbage story: Joker as the Iranian ambassador.
And it's only good if you're really fucking drunk.
That and before the age of social, hell before the age of the internet. Folks got together to call and make sure Todd stayed dead.

Oneiros

Oct 27, 2017
Great. Batman brooding over someone's death will be a nice change of pace for the character.

Oct 28, 2017
England
So it will be set before BvS? Excellent, they can pull a Captain Marvel use this to do justice to a character now dead...

Suicide-Squad-poster-Slipknot-adam-beach-39232721-397-500.jpg

Hopefully Affleck will be out of the role. It will do the DCEU some good to be rid off Synder and Affleck completely.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm getting old but I just want a strong story without them trying something edgy like giving the Joker a sex dungeon or turning him into a dentist or something.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I'll give it this: it has some potential. It would be interesting if Robin's death caused Bruce to question the entire value of Batman.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/matt-re...pays-tribute-christopher-nolan-093839236.html

"It's my hope to tell a very emotional Batman story and I do see a very strong parallel between [Batman and Caesar] because they're both damaged characters who are grappling to the do the right thing in a very imperfect world. A world that's filled with all of the corruption that is human."

Since I posted this people have been pointing out another parallel which is between Jason Todd and Koba in his POTA movies.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm getting old but I just want a strong story without them trying something edgy like giving the Joker a sex dungeon or turning him into a dentist or something.

I'd like to believe Matt Reeves knows better than that, but this is all going to hinge on how much WB is willing to leave him alone.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Joker takes over a call center and has Gotham vote on whether or not he lives.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I have my doubts it would be better than the animated Red Hood movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.