• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ssange-in-ecuadorian-embassy?CMP=share_btn_tw
Donald Trump's former campaign manager Paul Manafort held secret talks with Julian Assange inside the Ecuadorian embassy in London, and visited around the time he joined Trump's campaign, the Guardian has been told.

Sources have said Manafort went to see Assange in 2013, 2015 and in spring 2016 – during the period when he was made a key figure in Trump's push for the White House.

It is unclear why Manafort wanted to see Assange and what was discussed. But the last meeting is likely to come under scrutiny and could interest Robert Mueller, the special prosecutor who is investigating alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

A well-placed source has told the Guardian that Manafort went to see Assange around March 2016. Months later WikiLeaks released a stash of Democratic emails stolen by Russian intelligence officers.

Manafort, 69, denies involvement in the hack and says the claim is "100% false". His lawyers declined to answer the Guardian's questions about the visits.

Manafort was jailed this year and was thought to have become a star cooperator in the Mueller inquiry. But on Monday Mueller said Manafort had repeatedly lied to the FBI, despite agreeing to cooperate two months ago in a plea deal. According to a court document, Manafort had committed "crimes and lies" on a "variety of subject matters".

His defence team says he believes what he has told Mueller to be truthful and has not violated his deal.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
GIF-WTF-DAFUQ-Tha-fuck-not-funny-what-the-fuck-GIF.gif

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
So there it is. Manafort lying about further Russia collaboration. Just lock this fool away already and stop messing around with him. He wants jail, so just give it to him. He's never going to betray Donald or the Russians, I'm sure he worries about his family/daughters.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Whelp like they say if the FBI ask you a question, they already know the answer

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad to see the disparate storylines finally intersecting

OP
OP
Shard Shinjuku
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
So there it is. Manafort lying about further Russia collaboration. Just lock this fool away already and stop messing around with him. He wants jail, so just give it to him. He's never going to betray Donald or the Russians, I'm sure he worries about his family/daughters.

That is about to happen actually, he is ready for sentencing.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Surely the intelligence agencies would all know who goes in and out of the embassy, it's probably an open secret at this point. Manafort ain't fooling Mueller and his team.

Could this have something to do with Nigel Farage's possible meeting with Assange as well? (Please God, I want to see that bastard get indicted)

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Visitors normally register with embassy security guards and show their passports. Sources in Ecuador, however, say Manafort was not logged.

yeaah....take everything from his man and lock him the fuck up.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That explains why Trump is going nuts. He's fucked and he's in "There's not justice in this cruel world!" rather than trying to defend himself. Like, I think he's trying to do the Lance Armstrong thing, and argue "this is a witch hung, everybody does this kind of thing but you're only after my side!" Shouldn'ta fired Comey, you dipshit.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That explains why Trump is going nuts. He's fucked and he's in "There's not justice in this cruel world!" rather than trying to defend himself. Like, I think he's trying to do the Lance Armstrong thing, and argue "this is a witch hung, everybody does this kind of thing but you're only after my side!" Shouldn'ta fired Comey, you dipshit.

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
This is fucking huge. This is a direct connection between the very top of the Trump campaign and the distributor of the emails stolen by Russian intelligence to help Trump win.

Man, imagine all the shit we still don't know about...

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I think we're going to be getting Mueller's report before Xmas and Trump has likely already been told the conclusion so he's trying to set the narrative early, little by little. Should be an interesting couple of weeks.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Whewwwwwwww

Edit: this and a potential govt shutdown in 2 weeks? Wouldn't wanna be that orange shithead

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
So what are the chances this is what Manafort was lying about?

PF: I've ever met Julian Assange, who is he?

*Mueller shows photos of them together*

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Paul knows my day gets better every time he gets caught doing more crimes so that's why he does it.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Manafort is happier having a long stay in a US Federal prison than getting whacked by 2 Russian vacationers going "sightseeing".

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
I think Mueller is pulling on a string way bigger than just 2016 Russian Collusion. Manafort worked for some very bad people.

Oct 25, 2017
So this is a direct connection for the Podesta hack and leak.

FSB hacks Podesta,
gets with Assange to release,
Manafort gets with Assange
,meeting in Trump Tower,
"RUSSIA IF YOU ARE LISTENING",
and release.

Nerdyone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dudes already in jail

Subba

Banned
Feb 23, 2018
How would the courts view Assange? As a whistleblower, or as a Russian agent? I think it's an interesting question.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I think Mueller is pulling on a string way bigger than just 2016 Russian Collusion. Manafort worked for some very bad people.

And all of them work for Putin

So this is a direct connection for the Podesta hack and leak.

FSB hacks Podesta,
gets with Assange to release,
Manafort gets with Assange
,meeting in Trump Tower,
"RUSSIA IF YOU ARE LISTENING",
and release.

Nigel Farage met with Assange too and could not remember why.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Ecuador: Why did he let this idiot in our house
We ask the same thing every day. Why did they?

The UK being painted as the bad guys by this chucklefuck escaping justice is one of Assanges best tricks he has pulled but hopefully people will realise he's not the person he claims he is.

Paul "I llove Russia as much as I enjoy sacks of cash labeled SWAG" Manafort visiting us just too much. No collusion? I think Trump means No, Collusion!