• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Isekai Goumon Hime 8

I remember looking up some info on the LN and I believe this prisoner has the same surname as Elisabeth. Judging from her fearful reaction, I'm assuming he's one of the top demonic brass. Possibly the final boss?

Yuri Natsu -Kagaya Inn- 31

The molesting plot thickens. Hana's evidently the Kagaya family matchmaker, as well as a knife through the veil of romantic yuri obliviousness.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Berserk

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Devilman

decided to read the entire manga again to see the differences between it and the new anime, overall i prefer the anime but i think the manga had the better version of Ryo and i like the fact that he realizes what he did to the humans was no different than what God did to him

GuavaTin

Nov 17, 2017
Finally getting back into the mangas. Hey there, whaddup.

Taiyou No Ie - 1
Good start so far, The big bro/main interest seems great

Kengan Asura - 81.5

The end to a fun collab with street fighter. Cannot recommend a fighting manga more at the moment, then this one right here.

Owari No Seraph - 1

...Alot of things went down just now but I'm hooked!

Dr Stone - 1

Same as above.

Ao no Flag - 6

Hamster girl is my type of girl, so this whole series has been 10/10 for me so far. Characters working out their things!

GuavaTin

Nov 17, 2017
Good to hear!

I legit just sat for 2-3 hours catching up to date with Ao No Flag, and of course the latest chapter is a big ol cliffhanger!

X5C6FZE.png

Haven't been this into a rom-com in a good while.

Zweizer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yuri Natsu -Kagaya Inn- ch30-31

Hana is quite the active moodsetter.

img00003wnnt0qoh.png

Yeah, it's perfectly wolesome!

Riko to Haru to Onsen to Iruka ch19-20

Oh hey, it's been a year since the last translated chapter.

Summer in the countryside must kind of suck.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
So WT hiatus has been long enough for viz to catch up on volumes. 14 months and counting :(
My main problem with the Land of the Lustrous manga right now is that I can't help but feel there is a really fucking obvious solution to the conflict and nobody has thought to bring it up in any capacity. Also yeah after coming from the anime, the manga's art is rough to say the least
Even if she has some new brainpower it can't truly be phos without some misguided plan.

Can't get viz media player to work at all guess I won't be reading manga today
It's been working pretty poorly for me for the last 3 issues or so (I read it on chrome). Just stops loading sometimes.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shounen Jump Issue #7

Bozebeats (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
One Piece
Saiki Kusuo (CP)
Black Clover
Dr. Stone
Promised Neverland
MHA
We Never Learn
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
Shokugeki no Soma
Gintama
Haikyu !!
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Robot X LASERBEAM
Cross Account (END)
Spring Weapon No 1
Full Drive (Extra pages)
Golem Hearts
Lycopene

Issue #8
ACTAGE (New Series, Cover, Lead CP)
Bozebeats, Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP)
Yuragi-so no Yuna-san (Poster)

Oct 25, 2017
Seems HeroAca is slipping while BLack Clover remains on top. Good since BLack Clover has been hitting all the right notes for the past year.

Another one bites the dust, wonder if we see another cancellation next week.
Theres nothing long enough to cancel yet, two were canceled (Shudan and Cross account) while two rejoin, why would we need another be cancelled this round?

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems HeroAca is slipping while BLack Clover remains on top. Good since BLack Clover has been hitting all the right notes for the past year.

Theres nothing long enough to cancel yet, two were canceled (Shudan and Cross account) while two rejoin, why would we need another be cancelled this round?

Gintama is in it's final arc and it's going to end this year, maybe in february or march.

Oct 27, 2017
Jagaaaaaaaaaaan 28

oh boy did the situation turn bad, just wanted more Bell

Like a Butterfly 20

nice to see the kid open up and interact with the old man's family

Oct 27, 2017
Keyman 1 - 5

Premise looks interesting : In a world where anthropomorphic animals and humans coexist, he hero of the city, the supposedly invincible Keyman (think Superman or All Might with Batman brutality amped to to the max) is found dead in a backalley, with the word " Dr NECRO " scarved into his stomach. The main detective is stumped at this case, until he encounters a girl at the bar, who declares herself to be that Dr Necro...

Artstyle is cool and the story looks interesting. Will keep reading.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
So here's a question: Is there anything especially good out there that does what early Yugioh did? Realize I actually kind of love the crazy over the top random games format, and it's honestly kind of a shame that it got cut short by the $$$$$ of the card game focus drawing the series in that direction.

Actually, for that matter, has anybody actually written one of those card-game (or similar game based manga, doesn't necessarily have to be cards) that, y'know, actually shows strategic thinking and stuff? I realize that's not quite the point, but always bugged me in those things how it's all about top-decking with "heart of the cards" and stupidly specific counters to big giant things that leave me thinking "wait, this card would be awful outside of this very specific situation. What is it even doing in your deck?" Like, would be cool to see something that actually showed the characters, you know, plotting and strategizing about how they play.

Oct 27, 2017
The Witch's House - The Diary of Ellen 7

YF5E44M.png

Hatred between girls is terrible. This is the part where I cower behind the sofa with my hands over my eyes, begging her not to go through with it. But if events didn't unfold this way then the game wouldn't exist. You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs. To quote a shitty magical girl - for all the happiness you wish for someone, someone else gets cursed with equal misery.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Been reading Houseki no Kuni this past few days

Having gotten through the first third of it...

The series feels like it lacks meat.

A lot of interesting concepts and ideas, but none of the weight to it to make any particular moment feel like it truly matters.

It's more like the framework of something that could be great, rather than something great in and of itself.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
So here's a question: Is there anything especially good out there that does what early Yugioh did? Realize I actually kind of love the crazy over the top random games format, and it's honestly kind of a shame that it got cut short by the $$$$$ of the card game focus drawing the series in that direction.

Actually, for that matter, has anybody actually written one of those card-game (or similar game based manga, doesn't necessarily have to be cards) that, y'know, actually shows strategic thinking and stuff? I realize that's not quite the point, but always bugged me in those things how it's all about top-decking with "heart of the cards" and stupidly specific counters to big giant things that leave me thinking "wait, this card would be awful outside of this very specific situation. What is it even doing in your deck?" Like, would be cool to see something that actually showed the characters, you know, plotting and strategizing about how they play.

Medaka Box had a specific arc that had a game that felt very ygo in how it played out, otherwise none that I can think of. The anime death parade by bones might scratch a similar itch.

Kovaelin

Oct 26, 2017
Canada

If you just want crazy-over-the-top games, then it doesn't get much better than Keijo!!!!!!!!

Hahaha! Just kidding. I think I understand what you're asking for. I haven't read it, but I remember the first episode of YGO I watched was an episode with a 2v2 duel and part of the appeal was being able to follow the strategies the characters were developing, and the game was also interesting on its own. I can't really think of anything that gave me the same sensation. No Game; No Life is somewhat comparable, and avoids repetition with different games, but the show "hides" some things from the viewer and it's also really light on material, right now. If you aren't looking specifically at card games or fantastic elements, then there are manga that are more grounded in reality, like Hikaru no Go, which is about Go. There are a few that are like that, based on existing games, but lack the intrigue that a fictional/new game brings.

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I'd say Hikaru no Go uses Go more as a tool to tell a story with the characters. I'm thinking more manga that do the exact opposite like Akagi (and other FKMT manga), Liar Game I guess...

Oct 25, 2017
Seven Deadly Sins Kay, I honestly didn't really care much about Merlin before this, but practically every bit of lore about her past is so fucking interesting. Also, she is horrible and kind of amazing omg. I'm really digging where things are going right now.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished Hana & Hina After School, nice to see Morigana Milk back on form after how terrible that School Police was.

Oct 27, 2017
Mon Resu 4 (RAW)

mOLBIgE.png

I think we've passed the point where this can be considered wrestling. Seeing Cerberus EX was unsurprising, but I figured something untoward happened to her mentor to trigger it. Evidently not, since she was still able to tranquillise her at the end. Also there's no doubt that the author's mono-eye bullying is deliberate now - I know being the referee is a hazardous job, but being gut-punched, stomped on and hornet'ed in one chapter is going too far.

Oct 25, 2017
H.P. Lovecraft's A Hunter of the Dark Chapter 1 - Dagon

An adaptation of the Lovecraft short story Dagon - where a man shipwrecks onto an unknown and uncharted mass of land somewhat volcanic in nature filled with the stench and corpses of odd looking fish and finds distinctly creative artifacts that could only have been made by those of human intelligence in a place unknown to humans. The artwork by Tanabe Gou is striking despite the fact that Lovecraft is most known for his stories being of unspeakable and unknowable horrors...but the infamous ending to this story (The hand, the hand!) is actually less effective when visualized. Lovecraft is odd like that.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
H.P. Lovecraft's A Hunter of the Dark Chapter 1 - Dagon

An adaptation of the Lovecraft short story Dagon - where a man shipwrecks onto an unknown and uncharted mass of land somewhat volcanic in nature filled with the stench and corpses of odd looking fish and finds distinctly creative artifacts that could only have been made by those of human intelligence in a place unknown to humans. The artwork by Tanabe Gou is striking despite the fact that Lovecraft is most known for his stories being of unspeakable and unknowable horrors...but the infamous ending to this story (The hand, the hand!) is actually less effective when visualized. Lovecraft is odd like that.

I didn't know there were adaptations of Lovecraft in Manga. I'll have to check these out though yeah I do agree his stories can lose something outside the written word

Oct 25, 2017
Mon Resu 4 (RAW)

mOLBIgE.png

I think we've passed the point where this can be considered wrestling. Seeing Cerberus EX was unsurprising, but I figured something untoward happened to her mentor to trigger it. Evidently not, since she was still able to tranquillise her at the end. Also there's no doubt that the author's mono-eye bullying is deliberate now - I know being the referee is a hazardous job, but being gut-punched, stomped on and hornet'ed in one chapter is going too far.

This looks interesting, what name of this actual manga? I looked up Mon Resu on Google and can't find anything.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Keyman 1 - 5

Premise looks interesting : In a world where anthropomorphic animals and humans coexist, he hero of the city, the supposedly invincible Keyman (think Superman or All Might with Batman brutality amped to to the max) is found dead in a backalley, with the word " Dr NECRO " scarved into his stomach. The main detective is stumped at this case, until he encounters a girl at the bar, who declares herself to be that Dr Necro...

Artstyle is cool and the story looks interesting. Will keep reading.
Get ready for wild ride. So many twists and turns even Shyamalan would be proud.

Zweizer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their Story ch151

Sun Jing has a real affinity for ladies, huh.

Riko to Haru to Onsen to Iruka ch21-23

Guess it's time for some drama after all the comfiness.

Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san ch6

img00012bpjwustq.png

Ain't you glad she only pays attention to you.

Hatarakanai Futari ch250

Such a reliable and mature brother. Guess the father kinda screwed up by saying that.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Mon Resu 4 (RAW)

mOLBIgE.png

Have you seen Tiger Mask?

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Girl's Last Tour Final Chapter

Welp

The ED of the anime spoiled the ending.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Yuzumori-san 27.2

Into the valley of death // Rode the Ririha. Actually I feel like Yuzumori isn't going to explode and destroy everything within a 5 mile radius, otherwise the chapter wouldn't have ended in that manner. Maybe her relief will win through, and it does seem like her 'friend' cares about her on some level, otherwise she wouldn't have intervened like this.

This looks interesting, what name of this actual manga? I looked up Mon Resu on Google and can't find anything.
もんれす. It comes out as 'Mon re su' when I plug it into google translate, which sounds vaguely like Monster Wrestling, so I call it that. The first 3 chapter raws are out (legally) here: http://comicride.jp/monwres/ . I've been buying the chapters, but the 4th one'll likely get put up there officially in a few weeks.

Have you seen Tiger Mask?
Not enough monster girls for my tastes.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Kemuri & Mitsu (One-shot)
by Hiroko Nagakura
204757.jpg

I was intrigued by the art on the cover, so I grabbed this volume out of my collection of Harta magazines. The art gave me a Meiji era vibe. The women are still very traditionally dressed, as is something that continues even today in some formal events in Japan, while the men tended to adopt a more Western fashion. That's our setup. Despite Japan having issues even today with gender equality, it was much worse at this time. Men could get away with quite a lot, and that's a theme that carries through Kemuri & Mitsu (or Smoke & Nectar -shutter-).

Not a lot is concrete in this manga, but one can assume from the interactions between the two characters that the girl is the daughter of a well-to-do family, while the man is somehow in their service or connected to the father. It is a fairly generic setup in terms of the girl being young and naive, while the man is more experienced and romantic. Neither character really has much depth.

The art is obviously the standout part of Kemuri & Mitsu. The two page spread is the best (and worst, but we'll get to that) moment, really exemplifying how talented this artist is. The detail in the clothing, the way the backgrounds show so much about the home and time period, and the many flowers. Unfortunately, the art is not enough to carry this one.

Spoiler time, I guess. What really bothered me most about this manga was the relationship itself, and as that's completely integral to the story, it cannot be brushed off. The man strikes me as a pedophile. This is a romance to be hidden, as one can surmise from the title and its final page. The introduction refers to him as an adult man, and to her as a girl (which has the connotation of also potentially being a virgin, which is only compounded by the final panel of the story). "But Mr. Aizo-man, there are legitimately fantastic works that depict objectionable content—like Lolita!" Yes yes, quiet down. The way the relationship is shown in something like Lolita is the important part; unlike Humbert, the man in this story is not really shown to be doing anything wrong. It's shown to be romantic and dangerous (in a sexy kind of way, rather than a—ahem—predatory way). The two page spread, showing the kiss is beautiful in that the art is very well done, but the actual event filled me with such conflict. Seeing something uncomfortable and pretty at the same time is an odd feeling.

The flowers throughout the piece present a consistent and obvious theme: this girl is becoming a woman. She isn't, though. She is very obviously still quite young. The blooming flower in the final panel does little to dissuade me from the revulsion I felt. The manga can be summed up similarly. Despite its pretty shell, within is a dark message glorifying depredation of a girl's naivety and trust.

Cor

Oct 25, 2017
Attack on Titan 101
Better than even my greatest hopes. Especially the lack of fucking around.

Wolfsmund volume 8 - End.
I'll be damned if this wasn't a book that knew *exactly* what it wanted to be from the very start.

Last edited:

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
Kemuri & Mitsu (One-shot)
by Hiroko Nagakura
204757.jpg

I was intrigued by the art on the cover, so I grabbed this volume out of my collection of Harta magazines. The art gave me a Meiji era vibe. The women are still very traditionally dressed, as is something that continues even today in some formal events in Japan, while the men tended to adopt a more Western fashion. That's our setup. Despite Japan having issues even today with gender equality, it was much worse at this time. Men could get away with quite a lot, and that's a theme that carries through Kemuri & Mitsu (or Smoke & Nectar -shutter-).

Not a lot is concrete in this manga, but one can assume from the interactions between the two characters that the girl is the daughter of a well-to-do family, while the man is somehow in their service or connected to the father. It is a fairly generic setup in terms of the girl being young and naive, while the man is more experienced and romantic. Neither character really has much depth.

The art is obviously the standout part of Kemuri & Mitsu. The two page spread is the best (and worst, but we'll get to that) moment, really exemplifying how talented this artist is. The detail in the clothing, the way the backgrounds show so much about the home and time period, and the many flowers. Unfortunately, the art is not enough to carry this one.

Spoiler time, I guess. What really bothered me most about this manga was the relationship itself, and as that's completely integral to the story, it cannot be brushed off. The man strikes me as a pedophile. This is a romance to be hidden, as one can surmise from the title and its final page. The introduction refers to him as an adult man, and to her as a girl (which has the connotation of also potentially being a virgin, which is only compounded by the final panel of the story). "But Mr. Aizo-man, there are legitimately fantastic works that depict objectionable content—like Lolita!" Yes yes, quiet down. The way the relationship is shown in something like Lolita is the important part; unlike Humbert, the man in this story is not really shown to be doing anything wrong. It's shown to be romantic and dangerous (in a sexy kind of way, rather than a—ahem—predatory way). The two page spread, showing the kiss is beautiful in that the art is very well done, but the actual event filled me with such conflict. Seeing something uncomfortable and pretty at the same time is an odd feeling.

The flowers throughout the piece present a consistent and obvious theme: this girl is becoming a woman. She isn't, though. She is very obviously still quite young. The blooming flower in the final panel does little to dissuade me from the revulsion I felt. The manga can be summed up similarly. Despite its pretty shell, within is a dark message glorifying depredation of a girl's naivety and trust.

Hmm, i kinda want to read it after reading your description

Shoujo Shumatsu Ryouko end
Well, this is it. The ending. It's kinda bittersweet, but i really like their conversation. Great manga despite the earlier parr of the manga have a really rough art

Oct 25, 2017
MHA Awww, that's cute. And Bakugo got a not shitty moment. How nice.

Black Clover We the Sengoku Youko now

Dr Stone Oh that makes a lot of sense.

One Piece Best arc in awhile continues to be the best arc in awhile.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Dr. Stone 42

Senkū is the best son! Imagine returning to Earth to find your son and everyone you knew had turned to stone.

Boku no Hero Academia 166

I like Camie's quirk and love it when a Mangaka changes art style for the odd panel or page. Prince charming Todoroki and Bakugou's reaction was top stuff. Our little Bakugou has really grown.

One Piece 891

It's going to be so satisfying when Luffy turns the tables on Katakuri.

Zweizer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yuzumori-san ch27.2

Wonder what's Ririha's endgame for revealing this.

One Piece ch91

Luffy with Katakuri's level of precognition would be quite something.

Kyoaku Gakuen ch4

Taking care of pets is no small task.

My Hero Academia ch166

At least they ultimately didn't resort to force. Funny of Bakugou to act all mature though.

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
Promised Neverland

Things looking really positive again. Lucas is giving Norman a run for his money in how fast he amassed such a gigantic amount of death flags, but at least the main 3 are sitting good right now. The only real problem is the pro poacher dude but honestly with the nameless man on their side it seems doable, he's been invincible so far.

One Piece

Is Luffy gonna get future sight now? I expected an observation haki upgrade but not that honestly. Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.