• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Sumo 235
Nice conclusion. I don't really know how the tiebreaker format works for this tournament but I wonder if we are heading to a ushio vs saenoyama and jino vs akihira situation.

Kimetsu no Yaiba 152
I think it was kind of messy how they had two separate flashbacks to explain the concept of the power up (that I still don't really understand!) over the last two chapters but that didn't stop me from getting excited from it lol. I think in general the fights in this series maybe go on too long and I couldn't really explain the powers to you, but the big moments usually land for me and I end up coming away happy.

Wish they translated the Giyu spin off chapter that was published in this issue.

MHA 222
This is where I would put a Takasugi 'I simply destroy' gif if I could find one.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Blue Sky Wars
D3GnzlXXkAUkDPU.jpg:small
D3GnzlZX0AAkydw.jpg:small

A safe for work, non dubcon, non all the other things that come with trigger warnings and whatnot manga that is simply about a guy in life who is just trying to get his teacher's license as something to do. As he enters an elementary school and is also thrust to live with one of the teacher's family since he commutes from far away grows to love the kids and enjoy the teaching thing, but also finds love in his roommate who struggles with his past Juvenile Detention and expulsion and the rumors that haunt him as he becomes a teacher.

Short, simply, and cute story with a touching message. Loved it.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Seven Deadly Sins 306
This is so underwhelming.
Meliodas removed the curse because he somehow acquired the power to so while he was escaping? This is far too convenient.

Oct 27, 2017
Senryu Shoujo 1-9

Another fluffy feelings romcom manga about a communication disorder-ridden girl and a delinquent-looking boy in high school who met at the Senryu club (think haiku but less nature, more human and puns).

Like other titles in that category, it succeeds in warming my frozen heart at times.

Plus I like this panel summarizing the audience reaction to the MC's denseness
sNAXmZ5.jpg

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
That Blue Sky Feeling Vol 2

I felt like I was looking at myself in high school when Morinaga appeared. Tiny, gay, overexcitable, and called cute way too often by classmates lmao. Really enjoyable manga, wish the next volume was out already. It's nice to have more gay focused manga as of late that aren't crap.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Just got an ad for it on the Jump+ app, reading now.

Edit: just finished it. I liked Kuromu (Chrome?) better as a goofy looking droid than as a humanoid tbh :/. Could be an interesting series though.
I feel like 'let's wander the wasted earth to build a new body for your robot father' is a great premise for a series.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
World Trigger 178:
It looks like Ashihara's gallbladder surgery set us back a chapter this month. Still I hope he isn't pushing himself too hard again.

Pretty chill chapter overall with Tusji being a huge dork and Inukai dissecting their team already. Ninomiya still isn't budging on the juicy details but we at least know that Hatohara was motivated by her sibling being kidnapped similar to Rinji. And it looks like next month we are finally going to dig into Chika's psyche about her issues. I was right in assuming it wasn't going to happen right until before the final round.

Oct 25, 2017
World Trigger 178

Glad Chika can in fact shoot people. Definitely didnt want a Hatohara clone.

Inukai was great as expected.

Bring on the next strategy meeting.

Oct 25, 2017
Sad Owari no Serafu is skipping this monthm, and BLue Exorcist is skipping May. What is up with this scheduling.

BLue Exorcist 110
D3PVKsPX4AMhFEF

Incredibly glad we can finally close the book on that bit of speculation and we got a clear and defined answer. Was afraid she would want to power up Yukio somehow and make him ditch guns and what nots, but Im glad that is not so. Twin pistol Yukio will be so cool.

Good shower scene.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Just bought Kimetsu no Yaiba vol 15 and Dr Stone vol 10. The hype for the KnY anime is bleeding over and I'm really excited to read the volume tonight haha

I feel like 'let's wander the wasted earth to build a new body for your robot father' is a great premise for a series.

Yeah I think it was a really solid first chapter.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If anything, Soma might top Bleach...

while abrupt, and somewhat unsatisfying, i'm inclined to disagree...though this is coming from someone who has enjoyed this final arc a great deal compared to the nonsense of Bleach's final arc.

Yea I was gonna say, I feel like the only way someone could genuinely feel that way is if they're a big fan of SDS, cuz with Bleach, the writing was on the wall way before it reached its final fight...

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree as well with SDS having a worse final than Bleach. Even with an unsatisfying end I still got some enjoyment from this arc, unlike Bleach.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys I'm in the mood for some SEO Kouji craziness, how is Hitman?

It's really good. It's about a rookie manga editor in Kodansha's Shonen Magazine and the manga goes around it. Beyond having a good story, characters art and such, it also has many interesting information about how an editor works. It's much like Bakuman in a way, but more grounded in earth, I guess. Anyway, I really like it and it's my favorite work of Seo (I quite liked Kimi no Iru Machi, Suzuka and some of his other works... except Fuuka)

Gilgamesh

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, Al
Man it's kinda sad seeing Higuma and Ne0lation being ranked so low and about the be cancelled, while Chainsawman is safe in the middle for now.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man it's kinda sad seeing Higuma and Ne0lation being ranked so low and about the be cancelled, while Chainsawman is safe in the middle for now.

Well, Chainsawman is better than both tbh. I don't get the hate it gets here. lol But at the same time, I don't think it's that great like some people on the internet.. still, it's kind of a unique manga to me.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
It was pretty obvious from the beginning that Chainsaw was going to outlast the other two, given the author's success with a previous series and the readers he's bringing along with him.

And yeah, it doesn't help that the other two are even more mediocre.

Dec 28, 2018
Well, Chainsawman is better than both tbh. I don't get the hate it gets here. lol But at the same time, I don't think it's that great like some people on the internet.. still, it's kind of a unique manga to me.
Can't speak for others here but the perverted motivation/goal of the main protagonist is what turned me away from the manga. And I can't say if it's better or not since I dropped Chainsaw Man but Higuma has gotten pretty good these past few chapters, Neolation is still meh however.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't speak for others here but the perverted motivation/goal of the main protagonist is what turned me away from the manga. And I can't say if it's better or not since I dropped Chainsaw Man but Higuma has gotten pretty good these past few chapters, Neolation is still meh however.

To be honest, that don't really bother me because the manga is always doing those things with the consent of the women who are manipulating him, instead of like, the protagonist groping or kissing them without them giving their "blessing".

But yes, I have to agree that his motivation is very simple, at the same time that I can understand the thinking as a teenager of that age would think about wanting to experience those things (well, even adults, but more teenagers) so it works to me.

Dec 28, 2018
To be honest, that don't really bother me because the manga is always doing those things with the consent of the women who are manipulating him, instead of like, the protagonist groping or kissing them without them giving their "blessing".

But yes, I have to agree that his motivation is very simple, at the same time that I can understand the thinking as a teenager of that age would think about wanting to experience those things (well, even adults, but more teenagers) so it works to me.
Even if he was given consent or not it would still bug me. I'll admit though that I despise perverted characters in any medium. So even if the mc of the manga had a less simple motivation or was really well written I'd still dislike him if he was a pervert.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Chainsaw man frustrates me since I really do hate every character in the story for being a shallow, awful person... yet the story is intentionally going for that.

I do prefer higuma and neolation, but the former is fairly generic and the latter is probably too weird for it's own good.

Oct 25, 2017

were real teenagers really like that? none of the ones I knew had *touching bewbies* constantly on the mind. Denji takes it way too far that is is very offputting and over the top. Over the top characters are just uninteresting like him.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Giyu Gaiden Part 1
I don't remember much about Bozebeats but it's odd to see that the artist has been relegated to spin off duty for Demon Slayer (this and then a chibi one starting soon). I like their take on the main series art style.

As for the chapter itself, the story isn't really anything of note. Though it is nice to see more of Giyu and Shinobu though.

World Trigger 178
Nice to see more personality given to Ninomiya squad and also reintroducing some plot threads that will be taking priority soon. Looking forward to the final bout.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if he was given consent or not it would still bug me. I'll admit though that I despise perverted characters in any medium. So even if the mc of the manga had a less simple motivation or was really well written I'd still dislike him if he was a pervert.

I see. Well, can't blame you if you dislike that.

were real teenagers really like that? none of the ones I knew had *touching bewbies* constantly on the mind. Denji takes it way too far that is is very offputting and over the top. Over the top characters are just uninteresting like him.

Eh, I knew many and well, I was one. I'm 24 so it's just 10 years ago. Not all the time people are open about it but people does have desires like that, even if only in the mind. Most of the time I heard or talked about it was with other boys as I had no courage to talk such things with my girl friends.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently the TOC I posted before was a fake, this one is the real one

Shonen Jump Issue #19
We Never Learn (Cover/Lead Color Page)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Dr. Stone (25p)
The Promised Neverland
Haikyuu!!
Jujutsu Kaisen
Black Clover (Color Page)
Hinomaru Sumo
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Tomioka Giyuu Gaiden (31p, 2nd Part)
My Hero Academia
Last Saiyuki
Act-Age
Chainsaw-man
Kamio Yui
Shokugeki no Soma (Color Page)
Jimoto ga Japan
Gokutei Higuma
ne0;lation
David-kun

Issue 20:
Cover/Lead Color Page: The Promised Neverland
Color Pages: Hinomaru Sumo, Act-Age, Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

TPN cover/lead CP is for the TV Anime S2 announcement and popularity
Yuuna CP = best chapter poll results
Act-Age has color pages next issue and the issue after.

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
It's been three days and I can't still move on from my Berserk hangover.
Goddammit Miura, stopped playing Idolm@ster! (/s)

Oct 25, 2017
Seven Deadly Sins Some of you greatly exaggerated the ex machina part of it. It makes a lot more sense if you look at the subtext that Mel is now the new demon king. But whatever, this crazy ride is done thank god. I like the manga but it's also super creepy and I have no doubt that the epilogue will just be jam-packed full of that creepiness. SO might as well sum up my final thoughts on the manga: It's a ride with lots of highs, lots of lows, and occasionally crazy cool art like below. I enjoyed the action bits but I'd only ever recommend it to people with high tolerance of gross manga stuff.

q35JX5s.png

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently Soma is ending in 15 chapters, this is currently unconfirmed but I read it where I usually get my spoilers from so I trust the source

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Seven Deadly Sins Some of you greatly exaggerated the ex machina part of it. It makes a lot more sense if you look at the subtext that Mel is now the new demon king. But whatever, this crazy ride is done thank god. I like the manga but it's also super creepy and I have no doubt that the epilogue will just be jam-packed full of that creepiness. SO might as well sum up my final thoughts on the manga: It's a ride with lots of highs, lots of lows, and occasionally crazy cool art like below. I enjoyed the action bits but I'd only ever recommend it to people with high tolerance of gross manga stuff.

I'd recommend Kongou Bancho as the superior Nakaba series, but I haven't gone back to it since it ended and I honestly don't remember if it had any creepy stuff.
It's really fucking bonkers tho, so I'd almost recommend it just for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.