• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also Itsuki is the best.

qQdyFKi.png

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
5Toubun 81

Early manga Nino was right all along, Fuutarou was going to destroy her family.

Ichika continues to be a conniving shit and Miku continues to have zero backbone. Nino has come a long way and now feels like the second best character in the series. And though Itsuki is winning this whole thing, I now find myself cheering for Yotsuba the most. Really liked her conversation with Fuutarou this chapter. Speaking of Fuutarou, it's nice to have a harem MC who not only has a personality, but is also pretty perceptive and not completely dense. Thought it was crap that he didn't figure out the Miku from before wasn't actually her, but turns out he actually did figure it out.

Also, I'm thinking the stalker is Maeda. He shows up around the time Nino first hears the click, is missing at dinner giving him time to take more pictures, and is wearing a dark outfit with long sleeves like the stalker. Not sure what his motivation would be though.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Quintuplets 81

Oh noes, even the last and thus best grill standing, Yotsuba is going to get hit by haremtitis. RIP

Oct 25, 2017
108 Complex END

D31ONmMXsAEXSqv

Medibang continues to provide quality BL manga support on kindle and other associated places, so picked this one up because the artstyle look nice, and monks in love is kind of compelling and different.
D31OfSNWwAYFopJ

Really short and simple BL manga about a high schooler who admitted his crush on his best friend and ended up having his world turned upside down when that same friend, turned out to be homophobic and bullied him emotionally. Main character eventually left school, left home, and even changed names so he could run away and find/establish a new identity.

Skip to a few years later and hes still hurt and afraid to open to others even as he serves as a priest. He finally starts to change when this delinquent drop out looking kid, Keiju, comes for training and happens to do everything in his power to get close to our lead character and get him to open. This ended up having some cute moments as Keiju basically admitted that he thought our lead character was really cool when he did the monk like things, and that he slowly but surely grew to loving being around him.

Overall there were really sweet lines, cute scenes, and comedy. The older pervy monk is bordering on funny and rude...

2nd story was not as good but had some touching developments of a guy whose crushing on someone and how he finds way to get to talk to him and help him with his situation that he can only get it up in bathrooms and nowhere else. The janitor (one who crushes on the main character) does a series of schemes to help out lead character out. I was initially turned off due to the content, however since it took an entirely different turn than I didn't even expect, I found it to be a favorably entertaining two shot.

Overall nice BL

Favorite line

D31WFFXW4AE1sE-

Hydra_BE

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
5 Toubun 81

-Those were some foreboding words Fuutaro spoke to Yotsuba.
-Ichika is so fucked. Fuutaro now knows A. Miku likes him and B. The fake Miku was most likely her. Her only trump card now is the photograph

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Flag 43

god this chapter felt too short and didn't move fast enough. Kills me that this is a monthly series.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 145

This arc is the first time I'm not liking this series. So many unnecessary things just after the confession and kiss, with now Shirogane being like this. ugh

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Stone 101
Looked back at the chapter where they showed off everyone from Ishigami village, and Soyuz was indeed there without a name listed

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How much longer can we expect ne0lation to go on? I actually really like the series so it's too bad to see it rank so low repeatedly.

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 939

So, "Haki" was obviously a manifest ability to create something that pull out of a "force-style." Is Oda the biggest fan of Star Wars or something?

And about time Zoro is hinting one of his "secret" skill that related to previous chapters (From Alabasta Arc, I think).

Oct 27, 2017
Promised Neverland
The more I read of these later chapters, the more I wonder why the mangaka skipped over all these parts (that we're seeing in flashbacks)? This stuff would have been incredibly interesting to see and would have helped flesh out the world. Instead it's just a bunch of stuff that happened off screen during the time skip

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Chainsawman 18
Powers continues to be the best thing in this manga, she's getting close to becoming my favorite female lead in current Shonen Jump, and it comes from how terrible she is, it's fun to watch, kinda like Aqua in konosuba only without the crying, whinnying, and being useless

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Chainsawman 18
Powers continues to be the best thing in this manga, she's getting close to becoming my favorite female lead in current Shonen Jump, and it comes from how terrible she is, it's fun to watch, kinda like Aqua in konosuba only without the crying, whinnying, and being useless
Power is amazing I agree.
In fact I'm beginning to think Chainsaw Man might be a really good manga. I was wary of it at first but it's really hitting it's stride.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Land of the Lustrous Volume 8

Some great reveals this volume, sad to see Cinnabar stay back but I kinda saw it coming with the chapter title. Phos really doesn't give two shits about Sensei anymore. Loled at how Cairngorm was dragged along on the adventure just because Phos was annoying.

And the art remains as beautiful as ever. Pairing the end of Chapter 54 with the cover of Chapter 55 was great.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I've started reading Dragonball from the beginning because I was a Dragonball Z kid that never saw more than a few episodes of the original, and it's surprisingly funny.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
In my language it is kuririn so I was surprised when I first hear krillin

Oct 25, 2017
Attack on Titan SOMEONE GET THE FUCKING BELL BECAUSE WE'RE GOING INTO ROUND 4! Side note: i am a bit shocked that I am now rooting for the other guy this time around.

Oct 25, 2017
Last Saiyuki 7

What even, this is a pretty epic chp7 and even just first 7 chapters of a manga! like wow.

Loved how Ryu's mou was opened more and now he's all sparkly and shiny. Going to be so epic what happens next I hope.

Higuma 16

Really intense Akagane fight, hope Higuma pulls through, do think Engetsu will probably help him out somehow since Akagene did squander this opportunity.

Act Age 61

Hanai working in secret is great, and I teared up with Hina saw her name in the credits, really good minischool arc.

Chainsawman 18

Again without the pervy stuff this manga is pretty fun at times, kind of boring chapter since everybody and their grandmas saw him diving in and attempting to rip it from the inside out.

Ne0;lation 17
D4JFGEWXsAId0jz.png

Beautiful.

Last edited:

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Quintessential Quintuplets Volumes 1-6

Thought I would have a clear favorite after reading all of these, but I actually like most of the girls in this. Ichika is my clear favorite, followed by Miku with a close second, Yotsuba, Nino and then Itsuki in last (who's going to win so yay....).

Also surprised by how much I like Futaro, though when I saw that we were both Aries it made a lot more sense lol. Loved that chapter in volume 6 where he cussed out their Dad.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Act-Age 61 - That was a nice arc. The only full arc of this series I've actually read, haha. (By virtue of only starting where US Jump went free)

Black Clover 201 - lol, now the bird's important.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba 154 - Flashback, not much to see here.

Higuma 16 - Curious how the "our journey will continue!!!" will be handled. It might be that Higuma wins this fight and the smoking guy is the villain.

Jujutsu Kaisen 55 - Ah, my first arc start for this series. Looks interesting.

neolation 17 - Eh.

The Last Saiyuki 7 - This was another good chapter. Now we see the way Ryunosuke will be able to fight people much older than him while still being a newbie.

We Never Learn 107 - Ah, super young looking mothers, the bane of all harem leads.

Yui Kamio Lets Loose 6 - This series really is flailing everywhere for a source of comedy.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
After hearing the recent praise, I caught up on Chainsawman, chapter 4-18. Unfortunately, I'm still not a fan. The characters are unappealing, with Power being the least unappealing, and the action isn't interesting to me. The gun demon stuff is interesting, but it isn't enough for me to continue.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
tfw you know the axe is coming. :p

AYNC2vL.png

Hopefully the duo can get another series going, and given the above comment, maybe a sci-fi series.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
After hearing the recent praise, I caught up on Chainsawman, chapter 4-18. Unfortunately, I'm still not a fan. The characters are unappealing, with Power being the least unappealing, and the action isn't interesting to me. The gun demon stuff is interesting, but it isn't enough for me to continue.

I can't say I'm a big fan either, the action scenes are messy and infrequent, the characters (intentionally) suck, and the story doesn't have much of an interesting hook to keep me engaged. I only keep reading it since it's clear it's the only jump series in it's group that'll be around in a year and I'm morbidly curious about where this mess will head.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got a kindle manga. Any recs? I got Battle Angel Alita and Ichi the Killer from the unlimited/prime thing. Also bought the first two volumes of Vinland Saga. I rarely read manga, but enjoy stuff like Golden Kamuy and Innocence.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I started reading Kimetsu no Yaiba manga after watching the 2 episodes of the anime adaptation, and boy, isn't the pace a bit too fast?

I mean, the training went well and all, but when the survival test came, Kanjiro already knew breath of water and I was like "WHEN DID HE LEARN ALL THOSE TECHNIQUES!?". I mean, sure, he trained a lot while trying to cut that boulder, but NEVER ever came the sensei to teach him breath of water. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.