• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Ok, so I started reading Kimetsu no Yaiba manga after watching the 2 episodes of the anime adaptation, and boy, isn't the pace a bit too fast?

I mean, the training went well and all, but when the survival test came, Kanjiro already knew breath of water and I was like "WHEN DID HE LEARN ALL THOSE TECHNIQUES!?". I mean, sure, he trained a lot while trying to cut that boulder, but NEVER ever came the sensei to teach him breath of water. Am I missing something?

Honestly I'm okay with that, I don't need to see how a protagonist learns every single technique they use in a battle shonen. "He learned these while training" after several training chapters and an off screen passage of time is fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Curtains Up! I'm Off 13
D4TPsynXoAIJGXP

I kind of love this friendship line of sorts, really great coming from the president.

Also I didnt realize so much went into acting.

Omnicent

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Komi Ch:194
I'll go prepare the onions.
Like, when you know there isn't even a 99.9% chance, but you wish for it anyways.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Komi-san 194

Oh my god, I feel so bad for Manbagi right now. She doesn't deserve this shit, she doesn't deserve it at all. Why can't she be happy?

Omnicent

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Komi-san 194

Oh my god, I feel so bad for Manbagi right now. She doesn't deserve this shit, she doesn't deserve it at all. Why can't she be happy?
It's like re-watching a horror movie where 2 of 3, of your favorite characters survive. You know what's going to happen and it feels bad.
I did not care much for Manbagi when she was introduced, but she grew one me.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
It's like re-watching a horror movie where 2 of 3, of your favorite characters survive. You know what's going to happen and it feels bad.
I did not care much for Manbagi when she was introduced, but she grew one me.
She's a good girl and deserves good things, not the pain she has coming.

Her crush is in love with her best friend. She doesn't deserve that shit.

Dec 28, 2018
The Last Saiyuki 7

Well I wasn't expecting Ryunosuke to get a power up so early into the series but I'm fine with how he got it. And I could see this being a situation in which he has this immense power but lacks the skill to use it properly and because of that loses to Sai. Only guessing that because his father who I assume has much more experience with using a Nyoibo got beaten off screen, then again Ryunosuke is the MC of the story so he might be able to beat Sai even though he lacks the experience. Regardless I'm interested to see how this fight goes in the upcoming chapters.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Tower of God Season 3 (Chapter 1 - Chapter 8)
Boy I hope Yihwa has not actually spent the last 2 years captured. That would be done dirty even by her standards.

Also I guess Khun is going to get fire powers now to power rubber band him back into Bam's group after being in a coma for two years.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba

Boy... The Pilars are grade A twats.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats a 6.5 to 7 manga you're currently enjoying?

21774v1.jpg

Here's mine, its a typical ecchi / genderswap / trapped in VR concept that goes in a billion directions but I'm enjoying it either way, and I do like the concept of the VR World is actually mixed with the real world like a giant holo projection over a city.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I'm currently reading LANDLOCK and it's pretty enjoyable. Not great by any means (it has that 7/10 kind of vibe) but it's interesting and the fact it's full colour and weekly is pretty impressive. It's about a group of death row convicts whose plane crash on a remote island on its way to their execution location. They have to figure out how to survive, and protect themselves from both the inhospitable environment and from other convicts. In parallel a cop back in Japan tries to figure out what happened and uncovers a vast conspiracy. There's a lot of mystery and conspiracy involved, so I find it pretty interesting.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

21774v1.jpg

Here's mine, its a typical ecchi / genderswap / trapped in VR concept that goes in a billion directions but I'm enjoying it either way, and I do like the concept of the VR World is actually mixed with the real world like a giant holo projection over a city.

Black Clover is the very definition of a 6-7 imo. Never dips into terrible/boring/unreadable territory, but never does much to elevate itself among it's piers.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Kishimoto's new manga Samurai 8 is coming May 13th.

Edit: To clarify, the leak doesn't say the actual date, but says that it will come in the Reiwa era, so the daye just seems like an assumption.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Dorohedoro

Marathoned the last 100 or so chapters of Dorohedoro on a long ass flight I had. Really good stuff. I adore the ink heavy drawing style it has. Looking forward to more people learning about it when the anime launches, and hopefully they read the manga.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017

9292.jpg

Probably Spotless Love: This Love Cannot Be Any More Beautiful on Mangaplus. OCD girl becomes the cleaner for a child assassin. Just the right amount of edge and silly violence for easy reading.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Kumika no Mikaku - 38 [End]

I really enjoyed this manga, and it's sad to reach the end. I loved every character but it makes me glad that at least had a proper, good ending :')

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Heart Gear 2

This is still enjoyable, will carry on reading. I gotta say though, naming your main character after the French word 'roue' is some weird ass stuff. It's like if the main character in a manga was named Wheel or something lol

Oct 25, 2017
Heart Gear 2

This is still enjoyable, will carry on reading. I gotta say though, naming your main character after the French word 'roue' is some weird ass stuff. It's like if the main character in a manga was named Wheel or something lol
feel like I heart so much about spy x family or whatever, that either heart gear is just unpopular or spy x family just completely stole any bit of attention Heart Gear might have had.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
What's up with those slavery related manga?

Here are the top manga by likes on the Japanese Shōnen+ app:
1555587017-547bd884-d54c-4270-9b59-b24bb0198ac9.jpeg

1. Dorei Yuugi (Slave Play)
2. Jigokuraku
3. Himesama "goumon" no jikan desu (Princess it's 'torture' time)
4. Summertime rendering
5. Mato Seihei no Slave (Slave(s) of the Mato Elite Troup)

I haven't read them so I can't comment on their quality, but I find it a bit weird that 3 out of 5 of those 'top' manga would deal with these sorts of themes.

feel like I heart so much about spy x family or whatever, that either heart gear is just unpopular or spy x family just completely stole any bit of attention Heart Gear might have had.

There was a fairly decent gap between the two heart gear chapters (although the second chapter is >50 pages), maybe that played a role...

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba (up to current)

So with the anime out I decided to reread the early parts and catch up from where I left off. And I have to say while I can appreciate the conclusion to Zenitsu's arc it really felt like I had skipped some chapters when it happened. Because I remember his rival showing up in like three panels of his first flashback to his training, but otherwise I don't remember him being shown anywhere else. Because he pops up out of nowhere as a new upper Moon and knows every other breath of lightning move while Zenitsu immediately shows off that he doesn't need to sleep anymore. Which I guess him being upset about needing to move the boulder a few chapters back makes more sense it still felt a little "Wait, what?"

Also Inosuke's buff mice bringing him his swords is still probably my favorite thing in this manga.

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Horikoshi recommended Jujutsu Kaisen.

That should give it a little boost over here.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba (up to current)

So with the anime out I decided to reread the early parts and catch up from where I left off. And I have to say while I can appreciate the conclusion to Zenitsu's arc it really felt like I had skipped some chapters when it happened. Because I remember his rival showing up in like three panels of his first flashback to training, but otherwise I don't remember him being shown anywhere else. Because he pops up out of nowhere as a new upper Moon and knows every other breath of lightning move while Zenitsu immediately shows off that he dosent need to sleep anymore. Which I guess him being upset about needing to move the boulder a few chapters back makes more sense it still felt a little "Wait, what?"

Also Inosuke's buff mice bringing him his swords is still probably my favorite thing in this manga.
Inosuke is just generally the best

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Heart Gear 2

The mangaplus translation has her as Lu for the first chapter and the beginning of the second. Then just switched to roue a third of the way through the second. Kind of strange. Wonder if they just localized to a more standard name than doubled back once they realized it was supposed to have a meaning lol.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Thinking of picking up some Junji Ito manga eventually. From what I'm seeing, these three are the essentials?

Uzumaki
Gyo
Tomie

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the mangaka does right by Inosuke and also gives him a weird out of nowhere arch nemesis for him to fight as well.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Binged and finally caught up on demon slayer, this feels too early in the series to be end game but unless they introduce a new antagonist I dunno how the series continues from after this battle.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Binged and finally caught up on demon slayer, this feels too early in the series to be end game but unless they introduce a new antagonist I dunno how the series continues from after this battle.
Yeah, it feels a bit like the mangaka got bored and decided to just sprint to the end. It still feels pretty cohesive, but still.

Though I do get a laugh out of Muzan basically going "Why the fuck do I even have Moons weaker than the pillars?" And just kills off all the lower moons right there after just one loses.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I think it was officially said that this is supposed to be the final arc, but considering that Tanjiro is already too weak to fight, I have no idea how it's supposed to wrap up so soon.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Nezuko will get to kill Muzan? I can't see Tanjiro and Giyu meaningfully bouncing back form this fight right away either.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Yeah, it feels a bit like the mangaka got bored and decided to just sprint to the end. It still feels pretty cohesive, but still.

Though I do get a laugh out of Muzan basically going "Why the fuck do I even have Moons weaker than the pillars?" And just kills off all the lower moons right there after just one loses.

I suppose that is possible, though it's just as likely the mangaka always planned to have a 200ish chapter series. There aren't enough upper moons left to resolve all the loose character threads so perhaps after Muzan's defeat we'll get a time skip and a new threat will emerge in the absence Muzan's defeat will leave.

I think it was officially said that this is supposed to be the final arc, but considering that Tanjiro is already too weak to fight, I have no idea how it's supposed to wrap up so soon.

Plot hax will make him fully recover or just push even further beyond his limits like the fight against the upper moon 6.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose that is possible, though it's just as likely the mangaka always planned to have a 200ish chapter series. There aren't enough upper moons left to resolve all the loose character threads so perhaps after Muzan's defeat we'll get a time skip and a new threat will emerge in the absence Muzan's defeat will leave.
I wouldn't say their aren't enough upper moons since they might pull a new number 4 and 5 out of nowhere like they did for Zenitsu. And I'm guessing Kanae won't be enough to beat number 2 alone. Or maybe she is since Tattoo super mode is pretty OP.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
The way Oyakata and Muzan's conversation went made it seem like they won't introduce a new antagonist (though you can never rule that out in a battle shonen I suppose). I could see maybe Muzan and upper 1 surviving this encounter, then we get a regroup section then a proper final battle (although Urokodaki did show up and talk about final act and the end so maybe not.

Though even if it does conclude in this string of battles it will probably take another year plus of serialization.
I wouldn't say their aren't enough upper moons since they might pull a new number 4 and 5 out of nowhere like they did for Zenitsu. And I'm guessing Kanae won't be enough to beat number 2 alone. Or maybe she is since Tattoo super mode is pretty OP.
IIRC we've seen the replacement for 4. Seems like a prime suspect for Genya and his brother to squash.

Hoping for Inosuke/Kanae team up against 2 lol.

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
So the new chapter of the ygo arc v manga was the final chapter. Pretty meh finale to a fairly meh adaptation of the arc v anime from what I saw of the latter.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The way Oyakata and Muzan's conversation went made it seem like they won't introduce a new antagonist (though you can never rule that out in a battle shonen I suppose). I could see maybe Muzan and upper 1 surviving this encounter, then we get a regroup section then a proper final battle.

Though even if it does conclude in this string of battles it will probably take a year or two of serialization.

IIRC we've seen the replacement for 4. Seems like a prime suspect for Genya and his brother to squash.

What chapter was the new number 4 shown? Also if there is a confirmed new number 4 and 6 then I guess number 5 is a given.

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
The way Oyakata and Muzan's conversation went made it seem like they won't introduce a new antagonist (though you can never rule that out in a battle shonen I suppose). I could see maybe Muzan and upper 1 surviving this encounter, then we get a regroup section then a proper final battle (although Urokodaki did show up and talk about final act and the end so maybe not.

Though even if it does conclude in this string of battles it will probably take another year plus of serialization.

Didn't the author say this is the last arc?

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I thought you guys might appreciate this. I got an autograph from the illustrator for the manga remake of Dororo today at Sakuracon. He drew this for me.
5euZnxt.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I thought you guys might appreciate this. I got an autograph from the illustrator for the manga remake of Dororo today at Sakuracon. He drew this for me.
5euZnxt.jpg
Everytime I look at other people's autographs I remember my pathetic looking one. Looks awesome!
The comedy of City Hunter hasn't aged well.
It really hasn't. Watched the first series a while back and it was really really off putting. I am wondering how they they will handle the movie that is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.