• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shounen Jump Issue 23/23 TOC
rall2nkeu0u21.jpg

One Piece (Lead Color Page)
The Promised Neverland
Dr. Stone
We Never Learn
Kimetsu no Yaiba (Color Page)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Black Clover
Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
Chainsaw Man
To LOVE-ru -Rito to Ayaka no Houkago- (CP/Oneshot/25p) by Yabuki Kentarou (Art) & Hasemi Saki (Story)
act-age
My Hero Academia
Haikyuu!!
Shishunki Renaissance! David-kun
Saigo no Saiyuuki
Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings
Hinomaru Zumo
Gisou Buden (CP/Oneshot/47p) by Machida Reiya
ne0;lation
Shokugeki no Soma
Gokutei Higuma
Jimoto ga Japan

Issue 24 Preview
Cover & Lead Color Page
: Samurai 8 Hachimaruden (New Series/72p) by Ookubo Akira (Art) & Kishimoto Masashi (Story)
Color Pages: Haikyuu!!; Jujutsu Kaisen; Dr. Stone

Issue 25
New Series
: Futari no Taisei by Fukuda Kentarou

Issue 26
New Series
: Beast Children by Terasaka Kento

Issue 27
New Series
: Tokyo Shinobi Squad by Matsuura Kento (Art) & Tanaka Yuuki (Story)

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if anyone even remembers my post from back then, but I came in here some time ago to ask for recommendations similar to Kaguya-sama.

And since I hate it when people disappear without a trace when I give them recommendations, I figured I should at least post some impressions of the things I've read since then.

Sheriff Evans' Lies
This was the recommendation people seemed to agree would be the closest to Kaguya, and I can see why. But it sadly didn't really do anything for me. I just didn't find the humour all that funny, and the art was kind of bad. And the similarities with Kaguya probably hurt it more than they helped, since I kept comparing it with Kaguya. And that's not a comparison you can easily win.

Nozaki-kun
Another sensible suggestion. I really loved the anime for it, so it would make sense that I'd like the manga too. But I just really can't get into the 4koma format.

Grand Blue
This, on the other hand, was incredible. Great art, and it made me laugh at loud plenty of times. Just great all around.

The Voynich Hotel
Really loved this one, and binged it over a weekend. The humour itself wasn't actually all that funny, but it more than made up for it with its quirkiness and great art-style. And the romance parts were actually really great and wholesome too, even though I usually don't really care for romance in anime/manga. If only it didn't have that terrible 1000 years old dragon trope in it.

Oddman 11
So, I guess this is what happens if the author of The Voynich Hotel doesn't have to care about things like censorship or public decency? It sure was an experience I won't soon forget, that's for sure. And while some parts of it are too excessively gross and disgusting for me to wholeheartedly recommend, there's still a lot to like here. When it isn't being disgusting, the romance part of it was actually quite wholesome and sweet, which was nice (which seems to be a common theme in the author's works. But he certainly isn't afraid of letting his fetishes run wild, that's for sure). And like Voynich, it had the nice artstyle and bizarre storytelling going for it.

And at any rate, it got me to read through an actual harem manga, which wasn't something I thought I'd ever enjoy. And also both this and Voynich (and the writer's other works) had some pretty decent treatment of LGBT issues, especially as far as Japan is concerned, which is definitely welcome.

Yotsuba To
This was okay, I guess, although I can't say I understand where all of the overwhelming praise for it on the internet is coming from. Yotsuba is certainly a fun character to follow, but at least from the opening chapters that seems to be all there is to it. And the art leaves a lot to be desired. So a fun read, but not much more than that.

Hinamatsuri
Also didn't care much for it, either in manga or anime form. It's okay, but the comedy just doesn't do it for me. Like I said in the AOTY thread though, I did appreciate how it treated the homeless in one of its arcs.

Dungeon Meshi
Also decent, and I appreciate that it's just a straight up fantasy adventure in a medium that seems overrun with isekai stories. But while the character interactions were pretty great, I didn't care much for the actual food part of it, and there didn't seem to be much of a real plot. So I didn't really push too far into it.

Other than that, I also picked up some series just by browsing Reddit and such:

Melancholia and Nickelodeon
Given that I liked both of the Dowman Sayman manga mentioned above, these two seemed like obvious picks. And both were great, even if the short story format meant that they were lacking character and plot progression. Still, I can appreciate good short fiction, and these two certainly delivered. Of the two, I liked Melancholia more, simply because its stories seemed more interconnected.

Hoshi Mamoru Inu
Basically this:
kF08Ydu.png

There's nothing too special about the actual story, and you can pretty much tell how it's going to go from the start. But man if it isn't effective at producing tears, and I'm not even the person who usually cries at things like this. It also has some pretty good art. And at only two short volumes, it was really easy to get through.

Plus dogs are just great, and this manga is really good at capturing why.

Wonder Cat Kyuu-chan
From dogs to cats I guess. And even though I said above I don't care for 4komas, I still really like this one. I don't think it's possible for me to read it and not end up feeling slightly better about my day, no matter how shitty it was. And since this comes out daily, it's pretty much perfect for that. Just insanely cute all around.

Go! Go! Madoromi-chan
Also pretty cute and wholesome (thank god it never gets creepy the way some things do). Similar to Yotsuba, I guess, but I liked this one much more. Mostly because the art was just so much better. Unfortunately, with only two volumes, it just ends way too soon.

Gokushufudou: The Way of the House Husband
Also great. A lot of the jokes are pretty samey and not all that funny, but some of them really hit it out of the park, and the art is great throughout which really helps with the jokes. And all of the characters are great, but particularly the protagonist's wife really makes the whole thing for me. She's just great in every scene she appears in.

I am a spider, so what?
I checked this out since it had an anime announced and I heard good things about it. And on the surface, it's pretty great, with a likeable protagonist that at least somewhat avoids all the terrible isekai tropes. But I got something like 15 chapters into it, and there just hasn't been anything that has actually happened other than random monster of the week fights that aren't all that exciting. Kind of a giant waste of potential.

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite shimatta (Bakarina)
Another isekai that everyone seems to like that's getting an anime adaptation. I guess the most notable thing with this one for me was seeing just how widespread copying popular ideas is in manga. When I heard people talking about this otome isekai manga, I assumed it was the only one of its kind. But it turns out there's like a million of these out there, to the point where it's basically it's own genre. This wasn't even the first one.

Other than that, it's okay, I guess. The protagonist really carries the entire thing, but everything else, from the side characters to the overall plot is just kind of generic/bad. And I'm really not a fan of where the story seems to be going right now, since it seems like the manga is just ignoring the only thing it does well in an attempt to put in more plot I don't care about.

Solo Leveling
If I saw something like this get an anime adaptation, I'd probably just ignore it. On the face of it, it just seems like a generic edgy power fantasy. But it's super popular on Reddit, so I figured I might as well give it a try.

And well, it definitely is an edgy power fantasy. But a pretty good one, as far as these things go. The art is incredible for one (and this might be blasphemy, but it's nice to read things in colour sometimes), and while the Korean webtoon format took some getting used to, I actually kind of like it now. Especially when reading on my phone. Plus the protagonist is pretty good, even if he is just a power fantasy, and even if he is super edgy. But seeing him turn from what he was in the beginning into what he is now was at least fun to go through.

A Returner's Magic Should Be Special
Kind of similar to the above, except without all the edge. I actually really like the cast here, and they have great chemistry with one another. In a way, it kind of reminds me of the King's Avatar anime, in that the protagonist is clearly overpowered, but also isn't an asshole about it.

I guess both of these are pretty good fantasy action series with some great art and interesting characters. Nothing groundbreaking, but certainly nice enough to follow along every week. And as a bonus, neither of them are technically isekai, which is nice to see.

Spy x Family
I think everyone's talking about this one recently, and for a good reason. It's just great all around, and basically single handedly justifies the existence of the Manga Plus app. The fact that we can get things this high quality at the same time as the Japanese release, legally and for free is just incredible.

Fate Strange/Fake
Well this certainly lives up to its name I guess. Because there's so much stuff going on and very little of it makes sense, even by Fate standards. I don't even really like Fate all that much, but everyone seemed to be hyping up this one as the best thing in the franchise, so I figured I'd check it out. And it seems pretty slow paced so far. 3 volumes in, and it barely feels like it got past the initial introductions of the cast. But the setup does feel more interesting than standard Fate stuff, and the art isn't half bad, so I guess I'll stick around for whenever this gets updated.

Well, this already turned out way longer than it should be. If anyone has any suggestions for stuff similar to what I liked, I'm all ears, since I could really use some more stuff to follow along weekly. It's just that I don't even know what it is that I like exactly, since all of the above is pretty varied. Good art seems to be the only unifying theme, but even that isn't really enough a lot of the time. I'm pretty sure I'm going to check out Houseki no Kuni at some point. I was holding out for a second anime season (since the first one was just so good), but at this point that seems pretty unlikely, and the manga version does look like it has incredible art.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Shounen Jump Issue 23/23 TOC

One Piece (Lead Color Page)
The Promised Neverland
Dr. Stone
We Never Learn
Kimetsu no Yaiba (Color Page)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Black Clover
Kamio Yui wa Kami wo Yui
Chainsaw Man
To LOVE-ru -Rito to Ayaka no Houkago- (CP/Oneshot/25p) by Yabuki Kentarou (Art) & Hasemi Saki (Story)
act-age
My Hero Academia
Haikyuu!!
Shishunki Renaissance! David-kun
Saigo no Saiyuuki
Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings
Hinomaru Zumo
Gisou Buden (CP/Oneshot/47p) by Machida Reiya
ne0;lation
Shokugeki no Soma
Gokutei Higuma
Jimoto ga Japan

Issue 24 Preview
Cover & Lead Color Page
: Samurai 8 Hachimaruden (New Series/72p) by Ookubo Akira (Art) & Kishimoto Masashi (Story)
Color Pages: Haikyuu!!; Jujutsu Kaisen; Dr. Stone

Issue 25
New Series
: Futari no Taisei by Fukuda Kentarou

Issue 26
New Series
: Beast Children by Terasaka Kento

Issue 27
New Series
: Tokyo Shinobi Squad by Matsuura Kento (Art) & Tanaka Yuuki (Story)
Goddamn. Did not expect three more in addition to Samurai 8. But with Soma and (possibly) Hinomaru ending sometime this year as well, it makes sense.

Apparently Futari no Taisei is about shoji, and Beast Children about rugby.

And welp. Now gotta wait until May 7/8 for a possible HxH announcement.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to ask what that Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings series was like, but I see it actually did get an anime in 2018 and I hadn't heard about it at all, so I assume not that great.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
with this many series starting, it seems unlikely hxh would be a fifth series this round, unless, you meant july or august?

(unless samurai 8 will be a monthly series like Boruto?)
I know I mentioned before about things getting cancelled to make room for HxH, but at this point, you'd think they would basically have a dedicated "slot" for him.

I don't know. Would just be kind of weird if Togashi's ready to come back late May/early June, and they're like, "Uh, well... can you wait until July/August?" But given his release schedule, and his owning of the series outright, I imagine it's easy for them to act like it doesn't even exist lol.

I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
Yeah i dont think jump would make togashi wait for more than a month when he wants to return just because no manga is cancelled yet.

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to ask what that Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings series was like, but I see it actually did get an anime in 2018 and I hadn't heard about it at all, so I assume not that great.
Yuuna anime was funny/fun with some of the action stuff, since Koga is pretty epic and he's kind of funny. Fanservice was a bit extreme with Yuuna herself, but sentimental and emotional moments outweight it with Koga and how he solves everyones problems.

Ninja girl (Sagiri) was best most memorable, childhood friend a close second.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Does My Hero Academia: Vigilantes ever get decent? Was planning on catching up on the ongoings I wasn't following before my SJ subscription runs out at the end of the month, but the first three chapters of this had that usual sort of rough, cheap, low quality feel I'd expect of a spinoff. Like, not sure I feel like pushing myself through 50 chapters of this thing right now if it doesn't go anywhere... (Jigokuraku wasn't bad and I'll keep up with that one, also planning on forcing my way through Dragon Ball Super probably even though I've heard the manga kind of sucks.)

Oct 25, 2017
Does My Hero Academia: Vigilantes ever get decent? Was planning on catching up on the ongoings I wasn't following before my SJ subscription runs out at the end of the month, but the first three chapters of this had that usual sort of rough, cheap, low quality feel I'd expect of a spinoff. Like, not sure I feel like pushing myself through 50 chapters of this thing right now if it doesn't go anywhere... (Jigokuraku wasn't bad and I'll keep up with that one, also planning on forcing my way through Dragon Ball Super probably even though I've heard the manga kind of sucks.)
What? I love Vigilantes way more than the original series at time cause Koichi THE CRUELLER Haimawari is really good and amazing, and the folks around him like POP STEP and KNUCKLEDUSTER can have their moments, also the whole major first half of the series is good and the ongoing second half has been compelling.

Definitely give it more than three chapters. Really the best spinoff of an ongoing series I like and the continued moments with favorites such as FatGum and Aizawa and Midnight among others have screentime and relevance remains awesome.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
The first arc of Vigilantes is great. I feel like its been losing a bit of steam but I still like it more than regular hero academia.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, okay, thanks guys. I'll give it more of a chance to catch me then. All the butt flashes and stuff like "here is suddenly Eraserhead for fanservice" was making it feel pretty cheap to me at the start, but it's not like I have to invest too much here since it's included in the subscription anyway.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Vigilantes is actually pretty good for a spin-off. I'd recommend sticking with it.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Vigilantes is actually pretty good for a spin-off. I'd recommend sticking with it.

I'd say when vigilantes is doing it's own thing it's really solid. When it tries to serve as back story junk for characters in the main series it falls flat on it's face.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Checked out that rugby one-shot.

Definitely rough at times, but I imagine the author has had some time to develop.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if anyone even remembers my post from back then, but I came in here some time ago to ask for recommendations similar to Kaguya-sama.

And since I hate it when people disappear without a trace when I give them recommendations, I figured I should at least post some impressions of the things I've read since then.

Sheriff Evans' Lies
This was the recommendation people seemed to agree would be the closest to Kaguya, and I can see why. But it sadly didn't really do anything for me. I just didn't find the humour all that funny, and the art was kind of bad. And the similarities with Kaguya probably hurt it more than they helped, since I kept comparing it with Kaguya. And that's not a comparison you can easily win.

Nozaki-kun
Another sensible suggestion. I really loved the anime for it, so it would make sense that I'd like the manga too. But I just really can't get into the 4koma format.

Grand Blue
This, on the other hand, was incredible. Great art, and it made me laugh at loud plenty of times. Just great all around.

The Voynich Hotel
Really loved this one, and binged it over a weekend. The humour itself wasn't actually all that funny, but it more than made up for it with its quirkiness and great art-style. And the romance parts were actually really great and wholesome too, even though I usually don't really care for romance in anime/manga. If only it didn't have that terrible 1000 years old dragon trope in it.

Oddman 11
So, I guess this is what happens if the author of The Voynich Hotel doesn't have to care about things like censorship or public decency? It sure was an experience I won't soon forget, that's for sure. And while some parts of it are too excessively gross and disgusting for me to wholeheartedly recommend, there's still a lot to like here. When it isn't being disgusting, the romance part of it was actually quite wholesome and sweet, which was nice (which seems to be a common theme in the author's works. But he certainly isn't afraid of letting his fetishes run wild, that's for sure). And like Voynich, it had the nice artstyle and bizarre storytelling going for it.

And at any rate, it got me to read through an actual harem manga, which wasn't something I thought I'd ever enjoy. And also both this and Voynich (and the writer's other works) had some pretty decent treatment of LGBT issues, especially as far as Japan is concerned, which is definitely welcome.

Yotsuba To
This was okay, I guess, although I can't say I understand where all of the overwhelming praise for it on the internet is coming from. Yotsuba is certainly a fun character to follow, but at least from the opening chapters that seems to be all there is to it. And the art leaves a lot to be desired. So a fun read, but not much more than that.

Hinamatsuri
Also didn't care much for it, either in manga or anime form. It's okay, but the comedy just doesn't do it for me. Like I said in the AOTY thread though, I did appreciate how it treated the homeless in one of its arcs.

Dungeon Meshi
Also decent, and I appreciate that it's just a straight up fantasy adventure in a medium that seems overrun with isekai stories. But while the character interactions were pretty great, I didn't care much for the actual food part of it, and there didn't seem to be much of a real plot. So I didn't really push too far into it.

Other than that, I also picked up some series just by browsing Reddit and such:

Melancholia and Nickelodeon
Given that I liked both of the Dowman Sayman manga mentioned above, these two seemed like obvious picks. And both were great, even if the short story format meant that they were lacking character and plot progression. Still, I can appreciate good short fiction, and these two certainly delivered. Of the two, I liked Melancholia more, simply because its stories seemed more interconnected.

Hoshi Mamoru Inu
Basically this:
kF08Ydu.png

There's nothing too special about the actual story, and you can pretty much tell how it's going to go from the start. But man if it isn't effective at producing tears, and I'm not even the person who usually cries at things like this. It also has some pretty good art. And at only two short volumes, it was really easy to get through.

Plus dogs are just great, and this manga is really good at capturing why.

Wonder Cat Kyuu-chan
From dogs to cats I guess. And even though I said above I don't care for 4komas, I still really like this one. I don't think it's possible for me to read it and not end up feeling slightly better about my day, no matter how shitty it was. And since this comes out daily, it's pretty much perfect for that. Just insanely cute all around.

Go! Go! Madoromi-chan
Also pretty cute and wholesome (thank god it never gets creepy the way some things do). Similar to Yotsuba, I guess, but I liked this one much more. Mostly because the art was just so much better. Unfortunately, with only two volumes, it just ends way too soon.

Also great. A lot of the jokes are pretty samey and not all that funny, but some of them really hit it out of the park, and the art is great throughout which really helps with the jokes. And all of the characters are great, but particularly the protagonist's wife really makes the whole thing for me. She's just great in every scene she appears in.

I am a spider, so what?
I checked this out since it had an anime announced and I heard good things about it. And on the surface, it's pretty great, with a likeable protagonist that at least somewhat avoids all the terrible isekai tropes. But I got something like 15 chapters into it, and there just hasn't been anything that has actually happened other than random monster of the week fights that aren't all that exciting. Kind of a giant waste of potential.

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite shimatta (Bakarina)
Another isekai that everyone seems to like that's getting an anime adaptation. I guess the most notable thing with this one for me was seeing just how widespread copying popular ideas is in manga. When I heard people talking about this otome isekai manga, I assumed it was the only one of its kind. But it turns out there's like a million of these out there, to the point where it's basically it's own genre. This wasn't even the first one.

Other than that, it's okay, I guess. The protagonist really carries the entire thing, but everything else, from the side characters to the overall plot is just kind of generic/bad. And I'm really not a fan of where the story seems to be going right now, since it seems like the manga is just ignoring the only thing it does well in an attempt to put in more plot I don't care about.

Solo Leveling
If I saw something like this get an anime adaptation, I'd probably just ignore it. On the face of it, it just seems like a generic edgy power fantasy. But it's super popular on Reddit, so I figured I might as well give it a try.

And well, it definitely is an edgy power fantasy. But a pretty good one, as far as these things go. The art is incredible for one (and this might be blasphemy, but it's nice to read things in colour sometimes), and while the Korean webtoon format took some getting used to, I actually kind of like it now. Especially when reading on my phone. Plus the protagonist is pretty good, even if he is just a power fantasy, and even if he is super edgy. But seeing him turn from what he was in the beginning into what he is now was at least fun to go through.

A Returner's Magic Should Be Special
Kind of similar to the above, except without all the edge. I actually really like the cast here, and they have great chemistry with one another. In a way, it kind of reminds me of the King's Avatar anime, in that the protagonist is clearly overpowered, but also isn't an asshole about it.

I guess both of these are pretty good fantasy action series with some great art and interesting characters. Nothing groundbreaking, but certainly nice enough to follow along every week. And as a bonus, neither of them are technically isekai, which is nice to see.

Spy x Family
I think everyone's talking about this one recently, and for a good reason. It's just great all around, and basically single handedly justifies the existence of the Manga Plus app. The fact that we can get things this high quality at the same time as the Japanese release, legally and for free is just incredible.

Fate Strange/Fake
Well this certainly lives up to its name I guess. Because there's so much stuff going on and very little of it makes sense, even by Fate standards. I don't even really like Fate all that much, but everyone seemed to be hyping up this one as the best thing in the franchise, so I figured I'd check it out. And it seems pretty slow paced so far. 3 volumes in, and it barely feels like it got past the initial introductions of the cast. But the setup does feel more interesting than standard Fate stuff, and the art isn't half bad, so I guess I'll stick around for whenever this gets updated.

Well, this already turned out way longer than it should be. If anyone has any suggestions for stuff similar to what I liked, I'm all ears, since I could really use some more stuff to follow along weekly. It's just that I don't even know what it is that I like exactly, since all of the above is pretty varied. Good art seems to be the only unifying theme, but even that isn't really enough a lot of the time. I'm pretty sure I'm going to check out Houseki no Kuni at some point. I was holding out for a second anime season (since the first one was just so good), but at this point that seems pretty unlikely, and the manga version does look like it has incredible art.

About Bakarina, it's less to do with manga and more to do with Light Novels. This manga is an adaptation based on a Light Novel which originally was a web novel before being acquired by it's publisher. Same for the spider reincarnated which has the same process. Isekai in manga that isn't an adaptation of Light Novel are actually quite few as it didn't get a boom on the market or influenced it in any capacity.

Now, about otome Isekai, it's a genre that it's mainly published on female light novel imprints. There's some on male ones but it's like 60% on female and 40% on male. I don't know which one was the first but years ago they began to appear on web novels and then in light novels. In these days, there's probably more of them than other subgenres of Isekai except Tensei (reincarnation) lol

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

Appreciated! I'll just comment briefly on the ones I have read.

Yeah, I can get that. I love it though but Nozaki-kun also kinda just spins its wheels after a while.

Yotsuba To

Yotsuba's magical, but it's more comfy than anything. Hard disagree on the art though, it's a wonderful synthesis of simplistic and impressionistic.

Hinamatsuri

Dungeon Meshi

Hinamatsuri's a hard sell, especially if you're not into cringe comedy which it really treads the line on. Dungeon Meshi has an actual plot but it only really reveals itself like 15 chapters in (to pull a cliche it's like dark souls by way of battle chef).

Someone once described this to me as 'Majima settles down' and yeah, the wife is just amazing. It's actually a bit too short for my liking and twitter always without fails spoils the entire chapter's jokes, but the art is really fantastic.

Anyway thanks for the writeups, i might check some of these out.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn. Did not expect three more in addition to Samurai 8. But with Soma and (possibly) Hinomaru ending sometime this year as well, it makes sense.

Apparently Futari no Taisei is about shoji, and Beast Children about rugby.

And welp. Now gotta wait until May 7/8 for a possible HxH announcement.

I'm betting on Higuma, ne0lation, David and Soma to end.

The anime was mediocre in diverse senses. Yuna is a romcom harem manga that while it has a story and developments, it's also heavy fanservice like To Love Ru was. But to me, it's much better as the girls and the protagonist are much superior and quite charismatic. And Miura's art is just amazing, which is one of the reasons why the anime is crap.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I'm betting on Higuma, ne0lation, David and Soma to end.

The anime was mediocre in diverse senses. Yuna is a romcom harem manga that while it has a story and developments, it's also heavy fanservice like To Love Ru was. But to me, it's much better as the girls and the protagonist are much superior and quite charismatic. And Miura's art is just amazing, which is one of the reasons why the anime is crap.
Would you say it's like the Rosario + Vampire manga in that regard? Though less action heavy than it ends up being, I assume.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would you say it's like the Rosario + Vampire manga in that regard? Though less action heavy than it ends up being, I assume.

No. It has much more fanservice than that. But it does has some action here and there. I think if you're interested, you should read some of the first chapters to see if you like it and to also have an idea about how the series is.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to be honest, hearing that Soma is probably cancelled is like getting a disease leg finally amputated, at first it hurts but I'm glad it's over so I never have to read another garbage chapter again

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how terrible Soma has been for the last, what, 3-4 years? Maybe even longer. I forgot when the Azami shit started. It used to be one of my favorites and it's sad how far it's fallen. Just end it.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'll always remember how fun the first 100 or so chapters of Soma were

Hydra_BE

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba Latest

Well that was depressing

D. Gray Man 232

Oh, hey I remember this series. Looks like Hoshino's art has stabilized, at least.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, can't say I was ever really that into Megumi because it felt like the author didn't know what to do with her. Granted that fits most of the cast.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course Ippo has it's most interesting and comprehensive chapter in a full calendar year and immediately goes on break again.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, you guys were right on Vigilantes, thanks! Didn't blow me away or anything, but definitely better than what I generally think of when I think of spin-off manga! (All caught up now.)

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I find myself wishing George had just ended it after Ippo lost again rather than this.
Nah, the current arc is pretty good. I'd rather he stay healthy than get sick again. Pretty sure he's on something like the Oda schedule where they force him to take breaks every so often.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Ashe of Purgatory

A pretty good oneshot from the author of Spy x Family. Mostly just a really sweet light fantasy romance story, with some drama in the middle. Plus it has some great art.

It's somewhat old so I don't know how many people already know about it, but just posting it here in case there are people like me who love Spy x Family and haven't read it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.