• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna know how people are feeling about One Piece right now. I recently caught up and I'm completely bored? This is easily my least favorite arc in the series so far. I feel like there is so much going on and I don't give a damn about any of it. Even Fisman Island didn't bore me like current One Piece.

Hydra_BE

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
5 Toubun 84

I'm glad Miku finally confessed, even though it feels kinda anti-climatic. Maybe due to the fact that she had so much help, or due to the fact that the confession should've happened two arcs ago.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I wanna know how people are feeling about One Piece right now. I recently caught up and I'm completely bored? This is easily my least favorite arc in the series so far. I feel like there is so much going on and I don't give a damn about any of it. Even Fisman Island didn't bore me like current One Piece.
It's decent. Curious to see how things play out.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Act Age Chapter 1 to Current
Managed to get a chance to finally check this out and it is pretty good. Death Island was pretty fun but Galaxy Train was what really won me over since it's just a heavy hitter of an arc. Though I'm still curious when we will hear about Kuroyami's big film he wants Yonagi to star in.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Great as always, with me particularly feeling it after 918 dropped. To say I have no idea how this particular arc is already your least favorite ever given what it's setting up would be quite the understatement.

Fishman Island top 10

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

I think I realized the issue with the wano arc, and it has nothing to do with wano itself. We just had the interlude that introduced im and set the ground work for finale shit. To go back to just another arc after that feels really jarring.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Great as always, with me particularly feeling it after 918 dropped. To say I have no idea how this particular arc is already your least favorite ever given what it's setting up would be quite the understatement.

Fishman Island top 10

It could get way better as it goes but within the last few months I've just been bored reading it.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I think I realized the issue with the wano arc, and it has nothing to do with wano itself. We just had the interlude that introduced im and set the ground work for finale shit. To go back to just another arc after that feels really jarring.
I feel like we're just kinda waiting at this point. Wano is a volcano of an arc, it can all go sideways at any goddamn moment, but right now the arc is spinning it's wheels while Luffy trains up.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
So somehow I ended up in the 9th circle of hell aka going down a rabbit hole of super edgy isekai web novels.

Story always starts with the MC being betrayed and swearing revenge, main target of anger is a woman.

MC has a power that everything thinks is useless and hates them for it but its actually broken.

Original party members are part of the betrayers or turn on the MC, the kingdom is always in on it.

MC eventually gets a big tiddy slave(really there's always slavery) woman with animal ears who loves him, and then a loli.

The revenge plot eventually gives way to super generic harem fantasy stuff, and becomes of cycle revenge plot and harem hijinks.

Oh yes and of course there is rape.

If a LN version exists it's a lot more sanitized compared to the WN.(aka Shield Hero)

Don't ask me why I would do this. These authors sure do love using the same setups as each other.
And no I never actually finished any of them so I can't say if the endings are the same, they were absolutely terrible and most are ongoing anyway.
Now I must recover.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
So somehow I ended up in the 9th circle of hell aka going down a rabbit hole of super edgy isekai web novels.

Story always starts with the MC being betrayed and swearing revenge, main target of anger is a woman.

MC has a power that everything thinks is useless and hates them for it but its actually broken.

Original party members are part of the betrayers or turn on the MC, the kingdom is always in on it.

MC eventually gets a big tiddy slave(really there's always slavery) woman with animal ears who loves him, and then a loli.

The revenge plot eventually gives way to super generic harem fantasy stuff, and becomes of cycle revenge plot and harem hijinks.

Oh yes and of course there is rape.

If a LN version exists it's a lot more sanitized compared to the WN.(aka Shield Hero)

Don't ask me why I would do this. These authors sure do love using the same setups as each other.
And no I never actually finished any of them so I can't say if the endings are the same, they were absolutely terrible and most are ongoing anyway.
Now I must recover.
If you have to read an Isekai then at least read the pure ones. Like Isekai Omotenashi Gohan.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Watamote has another god-tier chapter and Saki's author confirms what everyone already knew in that most of the cast is gay. Today was a good day.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Souma has been wrapping up for ages now though, so it might not get canned

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Arata Primal 14

RIP bird

1557426940-deb90290-4977-49c4-8672-ce5aa67d74c8.jpeg

😢

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
David will most likely be ending in the next couple of chapters (or possibly after just the next one).

Dec 28, 2018
Komi-san is bad at communication 1-5

I haven't gotten very far into this series yet but I really like what I've read so far, it's pretty funny.

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku 1

This a 10/10 so far for that Monster Hunter reference alone.

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun 1

The interactions between Sakura and Nozaki were funny so I'll probably continue reading this.

Go! Go! Madoromi-chan 1

This wa a cute first chapter though I'm pretty curious about why Madoromi has horns. Was she born with them or is she some kind of demon?

Wonder Cat Kyuu Chan 1-15

Good lord this was simply adorable this is an easy 12/10 so far.

Yotsuba to! 1

Was always aware of this series existence but never read it before. Glad I finally did it was funny and cute.

Flying Witch 1

Not a bad first chapter it was cute and made me laugh a bit.

Horimiya 1

Kyoko and Izumi's relationship is cute so far and I'm interested in seeing how it develops.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Reading through Level E (I'll do a big post once I finish it), and it's so funny this ran in Jump. A scattershot of ideas from Togashi, and him just enjoying himself, but very entertaining. Peak Togashi page below lol. (Though apparently, I've read, this has been disproved recently.)

FaiEmqZ.png

Oct 25, 2017

been on autopilot for years. wano is pretty much unfollowable because there are 500 characters and half of them have multiple names that are all extremely long like Rojozurushiko-Amazekojiroko (also known as Ryuugasakigamonodo-Jyomonzugodaruzo of the 27 Ryujagamon). On top of there being too many characters almost all the of the strawhats are pretty much useless to begin with so it just gets more watered down

This is Wano the arc everyone was waiting for. zzzz

hxh is the only good shonen anymore and its only around every year for 10 weeks. its usually reductive to assign a hard split in quality but the timeskip was an IMMEDIATE drop in quality and it wont ever recover. been 8 years. might as well just hope the long term plots pay off well

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Whew, some of the art in this first chapter of Samurai 8 is a little too... cluttered? Busy? Moments like it seems they wanted to fill the panels with as much stuff as they could.

ybxdaLT.png

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
MangaPlus just got an update (on iOS at least) that marked chapters read. Handy for series Like Dricam that have a lot of free chapters.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
LAND LOCK 30.5

It's odd how the manga now gets chapter numbers in 0.5 increments. Maybe the author plans to end on a specific chapter number but realised there aren't enough chapters to wrap everything up in time?

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
So what did you guys think of Samurai 8? I really liked it, but the art was confusing at points. I'm thinking the official release won't be as bad.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure at this point Fujimoto is just trying to see what he can get away with, with Chainsaw Man in Shonen Jump.
And apparently it's whatever he fucking wants to.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure at this point Fujimoto is just trying to see what he can get away with, with Chainsaw Man in Shonen Jump.
And apparently it's whatever he fucking wants to.

I'm starting to think this dude was told by the author of TLRU where all the bodies are buried in the Shonen Jump building to give him the same power he has over the editors lol.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is chainsaw man something people ironically like or something? it looks like the most edgelord shit I've seen in a while, and I can't stand the art.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
Samurai 8
The start of this was pretty bad, busy art was giving me eden's zero vibe. The manga/Moebius art direction just doesn't translate well into b&w shonen manga. It improves later on but they rushed the main characters transformation in the first chapter lol. Not sure how the rest of the manga will pan out. There was some great art in the last part of the manga for sure but we'll see.

Oct 25, 2017
How bad can this chapter of Chainsawman really be? *checks it out* JESUS CHRIST WHAT?!?!?!

So what did you guys think of Samurai 8? I really liked it, but the art was confusing at points. I'm thinking the official release won't be as bad.

I enjoyed it but yeah its messy. It felt way too big an opening to fit in a first chapter. That said, I think the art style looks neat and hey, who doesn't like cyborg samurai's?

Is chainsaw man something people ironically like or something? it looks like the most edgelord shit I've seen in a while, and I can't stand the art.

I started reading it out of curiosity, and honestly, I kinda can't look away. Yeah the arts really scratchy and at its core its pretty edgy, but outside of that there is just something so weird and extra about it all that I keep tuning in week after week without meaning too. Like I forgot about it even existing until people were freaking out about "the kiss" and something like that happens in chainsawman every few weeks.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I've been reading so much manga lately............... and I have so much to talk about..................... but I don't know where to begin.

(Hello MangaEra, I will participate soon 🙂)

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
I unironically love it. So does all my manga-reading friends. The cast is such a loveable group of losers, and Denji goes against the grain of the typical MC. He doesn't care about being Pirate King or Hokage/Magic Emperor, it's all small achievable goals, which I think most people can relate to.

Plus, the author has a good sense of humor, which doesn't feel forced like certain other series I could name.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Samurai 8
Pretty Meh start, wasn't a fan of the art this chapter but maybe the artist will get better overtime, I don't really like the way the powers look in this series and the the main character isn't interesting in the slightest. It also seems like Kishimoto is taking from One Piece instead of HxH this time, making the series one big adventure trying to find a specific thing, I don't know if this is good or not but we'll have to just wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.