• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Nope, it's in the cards too. Just a little annoyed that if I want to go the legal route copyright holders have decided that I must read the french version and the first few pages of it strike me as oddly translated. But yeah, I definitely want to read Berserk.
A definite must-read my dude.

It's like Game of Thrones but handles it's supernatural aspects waaaaaaaaaay better.

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
Three Days of Happiness

There's actually a lot I could talk about in there and it was really well written on a page by page level, story went through a lot of stages and it was all interesting, but with that ending it's kinda like what's the point, might as well just leave it like that. Really enjoyed it and I'm really happy with the ending. I'm so weak to this type of romance

Oct 27, 2017
Naked Camera 4

iOHfKen.png

Alright. At this point it's painfully obvious that I can take my chapter comments on Fureru to Kikoeru, replace 'Satori' with 'Oshikiri' and they're still generally applicable to this series. At least the MC of Nozomi x Kimio eventually gets his shit together and makes the right (and only) call.

Zweizer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, it's in the cards too. Just a little annoyed that if I want to go the legal route copyright holders have decided that I must read the french version and the first few pages of it strike me as oddly translated. But yeah, I definitely want to read Berserk.

The french version of Dungeon Meshi/Gloutons & Dragons is very good, if you haven't read it yet.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 92
So I guess I can remove any complaints about them going toe to toe with an upper moon demon. Things turned pretty fast.

This series hasn't really done a major death fake out, so even if it is likely that the others in the main trio are going to live, I'm still a little worried. There is like a 3% chance that just Tanjiro/Nezuko (and maybe Zenitsu) get out/aren't removed from action for a while.

Off-screening a pillar is also something I'm not sold on, but would be pretty neat if they went through with it.

One of the best head butts in the series for sure.

Mujirushi 05
I'm glad that there is anohter nomral person (for now) that Kasumi can deal with.

Shudan 26
Nice reunion of the team. I wonder if Roku is even going to show up again at this point though. Maybe a phone call. Only two chapters left. Still wish this series found success versus something like RxL though.

Last edited:

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Fire Punch 83 END

And so ends a manga. It was something I guess.

I am now cautiously optimistic for the author's next work.

Last edited:

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm in theory that seems a lot harder to do with manga than other things because of the inconsistency and delay between releases and translations... plus a manga can start in a certain year and only have like half a volume to it. But could be interesting

Nidonodin

Oct 28, 2017
Kimetsu no Yaiba 92

That... that was brutal.
The whole team got devastated.

Off-screening a pillar is also something I'm not sold on, but would be pretty neat if they went through with it.
Also, it was nice because it didn't feel forced. Uzui himself stated that the poison was weakening him. It was naturally expected that the trio would support him. Sucks they ran out of time.

Now will Tanjirou have enough strength left?

Zweizer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! ch40

shinozaki-san40-89s6sff.jpg

A writer's struggle.

Let's Reconcile With Lily Maria ch4-5

Kamome is enthusiastic about it at least, so that's one party willing so far.

11wvsar.png

The worst editor.

Himouto! Umaru-chan ch167

Capcom, eh? Just make sure to not get posted at the mobile division or something.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Attack on Titan Latest

Pretty hype chapter!

No matter how many years later, Eren still finds a way to get jobbed. To be fair though, the warhammer titan seemed ridiculously OP. Cool design too.

Oct 25, 2017
Love is Hard for an Otaku 23

CBNcxmy.jpg

This is me when I was a dumb teenager and I spent for an entire day playing WoW without taking a break or eat. Since then, I've learned my lesson.

Oct 25, 2017
Shudan 25 & 26

Sakurada is the best captain, and I love that Kamoshida and Daigo are on his team, they can go far. I wish Roku wasnt so far away and I cant believe he hasnt really talked to Sakurada in years??? Kind of baffling.

I wish everyone was at the same school.

I assume the original plan for this manga would have actually been to keep them in their original grade that whole year with tons of matches so they could keep playing together.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm in theory that seems a lot harder to do with manga than other things because of the inconsistency and delay between releases and translations... plus a manga can start in a certain year and only have like half a volume to it. But could be interesting
Yea, it's kinda hard to do. Deciding what counts and what doesn't is essentially going to decide what eventually winds up winning and what doesn't.

Oct 25, 2017
Attack on Titan Latest

Pretty hype chapter!

No matter how many years later, Eren still finds a way to get jobbed. To be fair though, the warhammer titan seemed ridiculously OP. Cool design too.

I'm kinda shocked at the Warhead Titan's design. Seems way more action mangaey than all the other titans (except maybe the armored titan?) It's pretty out there, but I dig the flesh(?) mask.

Oct 25, 2017
Ace of Diamond Act II 105 & 106

Its time for Narumiya Mei to shine, the Americans Wind Youth Academy will be defeated soundly.

Sawamura giving that pep talk to Furuya was incredibly. Great and he admitted he was kind of awesome too.

Oct 27, 2017
Maou-jou de Oyasumi 51

Strong hayfever is the worst. I'm surprised it makes the princess appear more docile - usually it just makes me want to burn everything within a 5 mile radius.

Yuri Natsu -Kagaya Inn- 29

○□⨯ between girls is wonderful. No surprise about her relationship to the molester, though I wonder whether they're just siblings or whether they're, uh, Mochiverse siblings.

Met My Boss on a Dating Site - After

Interviewed On National Television About Giving My Sister's Friend's Ex Supplementary Lessons About Spanking Their Boss While Reading Yuri Manga In The Bath At A Convention For Drunken Sisters Who Want To Marry Their Sisters That They Met On A Dating Site.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
Devilman vol.3
Yeesh, that escalared quickly...
I have no idea how Nagai will fill two other volumes at the pace he is fucking up the story.

An harmless monster story to start the book, light on plot but with striking imagery. Then horrible stuff. Followed by more horrible stuff. And finally an event that put the suspense to eleven. Great.
And is it just personnal adaptation or maybe Nagai's art is becoming a little better. Less instance of 'oh, this is roughhhh'.

Zweizer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grand Blue ch41

Oh boy, not sure if Iori is gonna survive this trip.

Gotta say though, Azusa sure knows how to get what she wants.

Yuri Natsu -Kagaya Inn- ch29

mochi74ss0.jpg

Nature is wonderful.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch51

In a way, the Princess becomes even more effective at getting what she wants during hay fever.

Met My Boss on a Dating Site - After

There's no point to hiding it in the Mochiverse anyways.

Rokudou no Onna-tachi ch74

This kind of slice of life-y chapter is nice after all the action. Dat lollipop.

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt realize I fell behind on Crunchyroll so much. Okitenemuru still is good and needs an anime, and Arslan is still moving at a glacial pace. Someday we will get to the newest season of the anime.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is the one manga I want a english paper copy of more than anything else.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Chihaya-san's Fine That Way 57

Finally we're focusing on the second ship. Rui and Kishibe are really great together. It's nice to see him slowly tearing down her walls.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Horimiya (reread) (Up to date)

Fuck this series still gives me the heartmelts. Even the bits I don't like (the weird casualisation of occasional hitting/slapping mixed with some s&m shit that the author doesn't appear to actually understand super well) kinda just fade away in the light of the series' just wonderful capturing of teenage kids hanging out and giving each other shit and two people who just goddamn love each other.

anime when plz

Also it's kind of funny how the manga's 'gimmick' (these two characters have secret lives that are total opposites of who they really are! And they know each other's secrets woaaahahaha) falls apart almost immediately because neither of the secrets are that weird and the strength of their relationship is just so much more powerful it takes over the manga

Last edited:

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
BATOTO will be closing down permanently.

End of a fuckin era, goddamn.

We already lost the MangaFox forums late last year, and now this is happening.

D:

Last edited:

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
FYI, ditch the links to the scan sites.

On topic, goddamn dude.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I know we aren't supposed to really acknowledge them but damn, that's a biggie.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
BATOTO will be closing down permanently.

End of a fuckin era, goddamn.

We already lost the MangaFox forums late last year, and now this is happening.

D:

are the legal channels good yet?

hmmm, i might have an article on scanlations in me at some point. Hmm.

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
FYI guys, in not going to warn for mentioning this place by name here since it's big news and is shutting down (unless an admin tells me to), but you can't mention any other sites like it by name. And the rule for scan groups still stands as well.

If a new place pops up and you want to link to it you have to hide it in email tags or something that won't be seen.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how you even read a lot of stuff if that goes down.

Last edited:

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i'll just have to fly to japan and browse a standard bookstore and choose stuff based off the covers again i guesssssssss

does yen have a digital option yet

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gintama 630-665

Yeah, this final arc is probably one of my favorite regarding the action arcs of Gintama. Great way to end the series. Now, I just need to wait for the end because I reached the chapters.

Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 150 - 164

One of the funniest and underrated manga of the shounen jump.

In the west, it really is. In Japan, thank god it's successful with what it got. I can't wait for the new season.

Also, it's a shame how Saiki is so late in translation. I would love to see more of it and to see some company licensing the series.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
End of a fucking era with Batoto. So many series that will never be licensed and were only hosted there will be gone for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.