• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'll join the conversation and say Medaka Box is a top tier shonen jump series and it's really disappointing that Viz never licensed the series for English release :(

Support the official English (or whatever language manga released in your country) release, especially if you're in a country that has access to the viz digital vault and/or manga plus.
Or he didn't want to say anything before talking to the rest of the staff lol

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
That's fair actually

anyways i will check out medaka box. I need a manga to keep me distracted from this one piece break lol
You should know Medaka Box kind of starts pretty different than it ends up being.
Like, it starts as a high school comedy, turns into a high school battle series, then it starts turning weirder.
Definitely like it, though.

Oct 25, 2017
h1ggwhU.png

All right, I cannot wait!

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
This is why I don't care about discussing even a fraction of the manga I have read.

But on that note, I can't believe Seton Gakuen got an anime adaptation. Having kemomimis+realistic animals is a weird combination but not unheard of (strangely).

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
You sent that PM less than three hours ago, at a time when we are dealing with an unusually large number of reports. It's very disappointing that you would escalate in this manner just because you weren't catered to immediately.

If you had waited for B-Dubs to reply, he would have told you that he had already been working on a potential official releases thread and was trying to iron out the kinks before launching it. After receiving your message, he promptly brought the issue to the attention of the rest of the staff, and we were actively discussing the best way to get this done -- right up until you decided to exacerbate the situation with insults and personal attacks.

It's not clear what you believed you would achieve with this, but let the record show that this is not how you get what you want.
Is this official releases thread still in the works?

Also, sorry if I'm reading this wrong, but are you saying that the official releases thread was already in progress before Silfer posted the Shonen Jump OT? Or was it something B-Dubs started work on after closing that thread yesterday?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been reading 5-toubun and it started off pretty strong but now I'm getting flashes of Nisekoi level beating around the bush not to mention Itsuki is bland as fuck of a character compared to Yotsuba, Miku, and Ichika. Nino is stereotypical tsundere barely even a character. Reading through vol. 5 atm and so far Ichika has had some of the greatest moments with Fuutarou that are genuine and they actually open up to each other and talk like normal people so that one is obviously getting knocked out of the running of course. Miku and Yotsuba are also great and have some good developments.

Moments like these make me think of how Saekano handled things and why I like Megumi as a character so much.

I kind of just want to wait for the manga to finish, find out who he gets married to, and then start reading. I'd be willing to read as long as Itsuki or Nino don't win lol.

I really feel like this manga would be much more enjoyable if it never had this marriage premise or even the harem aspect because it would be interesting to read about the quintuplets' struggles but I guess this is what sells.

Oct 26, 2017
Haikyuu!!! 369

Several years later. Wait. Whaaaaaat?
Olympic games baby!!

Yeah I was shocked too but this is a refreshing way to start over instead of them grinding as 2nd and 3rd years to win nationals and never see the sempais again, we can have rematches, mixed teams, and other stuff. It's basically the route Eyeshield 21 took in the final arc...hopefully done just as well

Not ready for tall Hinata yet

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Olympic games baby!!

Yeah I was shocked too but this is a refreshing way to start over instead of them grinding as 2nd and 3rd years to win nationals and never see the sempais again, we can have rematches, mixed teams, and other stuff. It's basically the route Eyeshield 21 took in the final arc...hopefully done just as well

Not ready for tall Hinata yet
He really took the lost hard. He became a food deliveryman instead. I wonder if he can Tsubasa in Brazil 🤔

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Everyone PLEASE read Haikyuu, even if you dislike sports. The last like 5 One Piece chapters have been insane, but don't let that overshadow the fact that the last like 15 chapters of Haikyuu has been 10/10 and each week I keep thinking "how is this better than last weeks chapter"

i absolutely can't stress enough, read it. I can't wait to read the future chapters :(((

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Dr Stone 125
Kinro looking badass as hell. The climax of this arc is going to be fun.

Haikyuu 369
what

WHAT

WHAT?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
So I've been reading 5-toubun and it started off pretty strong but now I'm getting flashes of Nisekoi level beating around the bush not to mention Itsuki is bland as fuck of a character compared to Yotsuba, Miku, and Ichika. Nino is stereotypical tsundere barely even a character. Reading through vol. 5 atm and so far Ichika has had some of the greatest moments with Fuutarou that are genuine and they actually open up to each other and talk like normal people so that one is obviously getting knocked out of the running of course. Miku and Yotsuba are also great and have some good developments.

Moments like these make me think of how Saekano handled things and why I like Megumi as a character so much.

I kind of just want to wait for the manga to finish, find out who he gets married to, and then start reading. I'd be willing to read as long as Itsuki or Nino don't win lol.

I really feel like this manga would be much more enjoyable if it never had this marriage premise or even the harem aspect because it would be interesting to read about the quintuplets' struggles but I guess this is what sells.
Nino gets her spotlight between Volume 7 and 8, with a scene that in Nisekoi would have ended in a completely different way. For Yotsuba you have to wait even more.
About the quintuplet Fuutarou will get married to, I put my opinions under spoiler if you want to read them (I won't say however the reasons of my opinions to avoid to make spoilers of the story)
I think that Nino and Miku are out of the game (unfortunately, they are my favourite ones). The same for Ichika, but you have also thought the same, it would be surprising otherwise. Yotsuba has really great chances. Also Itsuki, she is the first girl and that speaks by itself. I think at the end it will be Yotsuba or Itsuki.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
I Swear I Won't Bother You Again! 7

Basically, evil noble lady went bad, bullied a girl hard, tried to kill her, went to jail and regretted her actions as she died and...reincarnates into the past and tries to be better than before.

Not that bad of a series, really, i just want someone to punch the main character's father, oh man, that guy is such a jerk, doesn't excuse the main character in her first life for being a bully that tried to kill someone and she was clearly not the best person even outside of that, but since this is a redemption story and she hasn't been evil in her second life, i can forgive that right now(that, plus she died out of starvation in her prison cell and she spent the last months of her life pretty much lonely with at best some guards bringing food she refused to eat just because she wanted to die in her first life, she kinda did pay for her crimes somewhat already), but damn, the father is bad enough that even the other characters seem to want to take a swing at him.

Wonder if the father will ever be less of a jerk as the story goes on, also, i love that the series doesn't really excuse the main character's crimes in her former life, she had her reasons, but she was clearly not sympathetic and took her anger out on good people who really didn't deserve it which she ends up realizing, there are some awful "revenge" manga where the main character was not that great but the story pushes itself to excuse everything, really appreciate this one not doing that.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Everyone PLEASE read Haikyuu, even if you dislike sports. The last like 5 One Piece chapters have been insane, but don't let that overshadow the fact that the last like 15 chapters of Haikyuu has been 10/10 and each week I keep thinking "how is this better than last weeks chapter"

i absolutely can't stress enough, read it. I can't wait to read the future chapters :(((

It is the goat. Everyone was freaking out on OP and here I was being anxious to turn pages on Haikyuu two chapters ago.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
It is the goat. Everyone was freaking out on OP and here I was being anxious to turn pages on Haikyuu two chapters ago.
The thing is, I've been following One Piece since Amazon Lily, like 2011 or something. I have read it weekly for almost 10 years, and stuff thats happening right now is stuff I've wanted for 10 years...

But somehow Im way more hyped by Haikyuu, such an amazing manga, honestly might be my favourite of all time

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Is there still a huge gap in the middle of the series like Act Age and Jujutsu Kaisen (as far as the legal streaming Shonen Jump option goes)?

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Shinobi Squad 19

En on Jin, cool.

The School Uniform camflauge ninja tool was great.

Good chapter.

Beast Children

I wonder if I just missed the hints that he died on the field after the game.

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I got the digital versions of Komi volume 3 and Berserk 40 the other day and read them today. Kind of a fun tone shift to back to back those two.

Komi despite showing up pretty late is getting volumes out very quickly. 4 is December and 5 is February.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
viz is "filling the gap" when they release the volumes, act age and jujutsu kaisen won't start getting volume releases till 2020 in the US

Oh, I realize out of context it seems like I'm just asking about act age and jujutsu kaisen, I'm resigned to the fact that the only way I'm going to catch up with either is to wait or do something unsavory. I was mainly asking if there's a similar gap for Haikyu, which it seems like there is (though hopefully they're releasing volumes at a quicker rate since it's an already established series).

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I realize out of context it seems like I'm just asking about act age and jujutsu kaisen, I'm resigned to the fact that the only way I'm going to catch up with either is to wait or do something unsavory. I was mainly asking if there's a similar gap for Haikyu, which it seems like there is (though hopefully they're releasing volumes at a quicker rate since it's an already established series).
Right now the chapters missing for Haikyuu are 306-330.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haikyuu!! 369

FURUDATE YOU FUCKING MADMAN LET'S GO!!

Between Haikyuu and Hajime no Ippo it's been a glorious year for sports manga

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how to feel about the direction Haikyu is going. I guess it depends on the new status quo and the team. At first I was wondering how much longer the series would be before this most recent chapter, but this has me thinking the opposite.

He really took the lost hard. He became a food deliveryman instead. I wonder if he can Tsubasa in Brazil 🤔
Tsubasa is soccer jesus, so probably not. I don't think Haikyu would do something like that either.

Haikyuu!! 369

FURUDATE YOU FUCKING MADMAN LET'S GO!!

Between Haikyuu and Hajime no Ippo it's been a glorious year for sports manga
My problem with Ippo is how long this stuff has been going on and how long it would take for Ippo to get back to where he was.

big bas

The Fallen
Jan 2, 2018
Jumping in just to mention I switched from the one piece anime to manga (at alabasta right now) and LOVING both the art and how much quicker I get through these storylines vs watching the anime. I only miss the music and voices sometimes lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jumping in just to mention I switched from the one piece anime to manga (at alabasta right now) and LOVING both the art and how much quicker I get through these storylines vs watching the anime. I only miss the music and voices sometimes lol

Well, the anime is pretty solid for a few more arcs, but the manga's always a good time so you're good either way. Besides, you can always just watch your favorite scenes and such later on. Well, probably best to do it when you're caught up, or you'll be endlessly spoiled lol

big bas

The Fallen
Jan 2, 2018
Well, the anime is pretty solid for a few more arcs, but the manga's always a good time so you're good either way. Besides, you can always just watch your favorite scenes and such later on. Well, probably best to do it when you're caught up, or you'll be endlessly spoiled lol
I remember you warning me about spoilers when I mentioned starting the anime a few weeks back, but hey so far so goood

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
How the fuck did i not know about Ultra Kaiju Humanization Project before!?

For those who don't know, it's a slice of life series set in some Ultraman universe where an entity is taking every Kaiju defeated by an Ultraman, turning them into high school girls and forcing them to go to high school while their bodies or clothes still symbolize their former lifes, it's so random that the main character can't understand it at first.

Also, i know that Kaijus in Ultraman are usually much smarter than they look, having the ability to talk, think, strategize and form groups and syndicates, heck there are super scientist Kaijus but...it still feels random to turn them into girls rather than just making Kaiju Girls which is an actual thing.

And it's weird seeing a villain who had kidnapped a kid just to fight Ultraman as he wanted to show off to aliens be turned into a girl and actually do stuff like check herself out and try to look cute:
x1.png

Come on, Mefilas, you are a villain from the OG series...you seem to be the one from the original series even, meaning you didn't die unlike most of your classmates and ran away from your fight telling Ultraman you would be coming back for a rematch when you were stronger and...i don't think smiling and posing in a mirror counts as training...not that i see you being a challenge to Ultraman as a little girl.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
How the fuck did i not know about Ultra Kaiju Humanization Project before!?

For those who don't know, it's a slice of life series set in some Ultraman universe where an entity is taking every Kaiju defeated by an Ultraman, turning them into high school girls and forcing them to go to high school while their bodies or clothes still symbolize their former lifes, it's so random that the main character can't understand it at first.

Also, i know that Kaijus in Ultraman are usually much smarter than they look, having the ability to talk, think, strategize and form groups and syndicates, heck there are super scientist Kaijus but...it still feels random to turn them into girls rather than just making Kaiju Girls which is an actual thing.

And it's weird seeing a villain who had kidnapped a kid just to fight Ultraman as he wanted to show off to aliens be turned into a girl and actually do stuff like check herself out and try to look cute:
x1.png

Come on, Mefilas, you are a villain from the OG series...you seem to be the one from the original series even, meaning you didn't die unlike most of your classmates and ran away from your fight telling Ultraman you would be coming back for a rematch when you were stronger and...i don't think smiling and posing in a mirror counts as training...not that i see you being a challenge to Ultraman as a little girl.
You should watch Kaiju Girls.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Oh, i know about Kaiju Girls, this one is just weirder to me because these aren't girls based on Kaijus from Ultraman, oh no, they are the actual Kaijus, when they talk, they mention actual episodes and the ways they died or lost are exactly the same as the TV shows from the Showa era, even the girls fighting against each other have lots of references to famous fights, Melifas and Metron having a duel has them being under a sunset as they do a one strike battle where they rush at each other and one falls afterwards, hey, that's how Ultraseven VS Metron went.

Heck, the girl you saw winking and posing at the mirror, she comes from the first Ultraman series, where he was a Kaiju that wanted to show off and prove himself stronger and smarter than other villains, even doing some weird stuff like trying to get a boy to sell Earth to him in trade of a star(long story) and Melifa's last moments before he becomes a girl are the same as what happened in his appearance back then:
x4.png

And then he gots turned into a high school girl despite not dying, but yeah, Ultra Kaiju Humanization Project doesn't have some random characters with aspects of more famous ones like Kaiju Girls or Robot Girls Z, oh no, they are the literal characters turned into high school girls for some reason which is to me the most wild aspect of this spin-off.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
So I started reading World Trigger and got caught up and I am really loving it. It's probably my favorite shonen at the moment. I really enjoy the the battles and how everything fell coherent. I am enjoying the character, like the fact that the main character is such a the weakest person. I enjoy the art style, it has a simple but not to simple kind of feel to it. I'm interest where the manga will go once the start going to other worlds and how much not will effect the feel of it.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
So I started reading World Trigger and got caught up and I am really loving it. It's probably my favorite shonen at the moment. I really enjoy the the battles and how everything fell coherent. I am enjoying the character, like the fact that the main character is such a the weakest person. I enjoy the art style, it has a simple but not to simple kind of feel to it. I'm interest where the manga will go once the start going to other worlds and how much not will effect the feel of it.
Nice, always cool to see another WT fan.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Yeeees. More people need to read World Trigger, it's one of the most slept on manga I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.