• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
i'm afraid I have some bad news on that front

Toei completely fucked WT with one of the most bland anime adaptations ever. Like just watch this opening and be amazed at how little effort Toei put into it.

My favorite part is where all the OPs jsut have lightly animated versions of the anniversary color spreads filling time because they couldn't be assed to think of anything creative.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
My favorite part is where all the OPs jsut have lightly animated versions of the anniversary color spreads filling time because they couldn't be assed to think of anything creative.

Cmon they had their heads look towards the camera after like 10 seconds of the characters standing in place doing nothing, that's like 1,000's of labor hours to move those heads a few frames.

Oct 27, 2017
Lies of Sheriff Evans 1-3

satbg7z.png

You dense motherfudger.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Cmon they had their heads look towards the camera after like 10 seconds of the characters standing in place doing nothing, that's like 1,000's of labor hours to move those heads a few frames.
Who could forget how they extended one of my favorite fights in the manga with great extra animation to fill that runtime.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well the Demon Slayer anime did its job and got me to pick up the manga which I've been burning through over the last couple of weeks. Overall its a solid enough series though nothing too ground breaking as it goes through a lot of the usual things like many training mini arcs of increasingly convoluted natures but I like a lot of the characters and want to see how things will turn out. Certain things do seem to be kind of dropped into the story abruptly and then settled in the same way making certain elements seem a little undercooked like Zenitsu's older rival just kind of showing up as a demon and then getting dispatch rather quickly all things considered was an example

I know some people have speculated that the series is potentially in its final arc but I kind of hope not though I admit without a big unexpected change up I'm not sure exactly where it could go. I would like to see how things would advance considering the World Wars are right around the corner and what that could mean. But who know's if the author ever wants to go someplace like that.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Beastars 1-7

This was excellent, though I was pretty much sold the minute I heard people comparing it to Zootopia

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Worst 1-131[End]
I always love me a good delinquent manga. I remember reading this one before but never finishing it. Likable characters and good development especially for Tora who ended up being a favorite character of mine even if he didn't show up a lot. Ending was a bit weak and little rushed it seems like, but overall I can't complain. I skipped the prequel Crows so I'll go back and read that.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
Man I'm kinda torn with Mushoku Tensei, in the vast sea of generic isekai the world is great, BUT
Rudeus lusting for Eri is so wrong man, she was 13 when they meet.

Oct 25, 2017
Dungeon Meshi 8

Senshi is a truly master when it comes to a sense of survivability when he solo'd in the dungeon. Mad respect to him.

Dungeon Meshi 10

HRaN7EK.png

Those bug coins remind me of this chocolate coins I used to ate when I was a kid. What a great flashback.

Last edited:

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Well the Demon Slayer anime did its job and got me to pick up the manga which I've been burning through over the last couple of weeks. Overall its a solid enough series though nothing too ground breaking as it goes through a lot of the usual things like many training mini arcs of increasingly convoluted natures but I like a lot of the characters and want to see how things will turn out. Certain things do seem to be kind of dropped into the story abruptly and then settled in the same way making certain elements seem a little undercooked like Zenitsu's older rival just kind of showing up as a demon and then getting dispatch rather quickly all things considered was an example

I know some people have speculated that the series is potentially in its final arc but I kind of hope not though I admit without a big unexpected change up I'm not sure exactly where it could go. I would like to see how things would advance considering the World Wars are right around the corner and what that could mean. But who know's if the author ever wants to go someplace like that.
If there's an asspull of "I was actually the true villain all along" I dont intend of putting this manga on my shelf of excellence. And I kinda expect one now too.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Destroy all of Humanity. It Can't Be Regenerated 11
EGsmfp3WsAY8rDO
EGsmfrlXkAIA3KD

Cute theme park date chapter, even if one of the characters didn't realize it was a date. We are starting to see some relationship changes between characters, and we have a new super chunni introduced at the end of the chapter, which is always great

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Beastars 8-16

This shit is engrossing. Each chapter has me at the edge of my seat. Legoshi best wolf

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm kinda torn with Mushoku Tensei, in the vast sea of generic isekai the world is great, BUT
Rudeus lusting for Eri is so wrong man, she was 13 when they meet.
Yeah, Rudy is actively a creepy pedophile throughout most of the story. You either have to accept it as he's the main character or drop it. The manga and light novels tone down or cut out his creepiest moments though, especially with how he was before reincarnation.

The world building is probably the best I've seen in an isekai at least.

Also Eris isn't even 10 when they meet. They celebrate her 10th birthday after Rudy shows up at her mansion.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Best conventional Isekai series I've read in a minute has to be Faraway Paladin. Main character's just a good kid. It helps that it's really barely an isekai.

(My all-time fav has to be Bakarina tho. Huge weakness for those otome villainess isekai)

Oct 25, 2017
Dungeon Mushi 34

Lol, a cultist totem surely looks prefect fit for Marcille. XD

Dungeon Mushi 48

Poor familiar, it doesn't deserved it.

Dungeon Mushi 49

I assume Girin -snip- If so, then that's pretty dark right there.

Ok, nvm. I was wrong about my theory.

Last edited:

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
Beastars 1-7

This was excellent, though I was pretty much sold the minute I heard people comparing it to Zootopia

Yeah, I like the dynamic between the carnivores and herbivores. Adding human elements to what we would usually find natural and we have ourselves a dramatic story to tell.

Dungeon Meshi 8

Senshi is a truly master when it comes to a sense of survivability when he solo'd in the dungeon. Mad respect to him.

Dungeon Meshi 10

HRaN7EK.png

Those bug coins remind me of this chocolate coins I used to ate when I was a kid. What a great flashback.

The coin chocolates were yummy. I remember having them when I was younger as well. When I think about it, I don't know where people bought them from. I've never seen them in the candy/chocolate aisles in grocery stores. Probably never looked hard enough.

Dungeon Meshi 21

0vCPvdX.png

I almost choked because of this.

This picture never fails to put a smile on my face.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
5toubun 106
Here we have Miku, alongside with the best kiss scene of the three we have seen until now. It will be so bad that Miku, my other favourite girl, competing with Nino for the best girl place, won't be the quintuplet who will get married... However she has such a great character development, the best out of the five.
And now the most interesting part of this arc begins, for me. Fuutarou knew about Ichika's, Nino's and Miku's feeling, but she doesn't know at all about Yostuba's and Itsuki's (actually, we still don't know about Itsuki's either). Next four chapters will be quite interesting.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Yeeees. More people need to read World Trigger, it's one of the most slept on manga I've ever seen.

Well, I'm sure the huge hiatus and the change to monthly had a lot to do with it. I know that's part of the reason I've fallen way behind (plus like HxH I got entirely lost after the hiatus, I probably have to re-read everything)

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm sure the huge hiatus and the change to monthly had a lot to do with it. I know that's part of the reason I've fallen way behind (plus like HxH I got entirely lost after the hiatus, I probably have to re-read everything)
It's a great series to reread if you haven't already

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
5toubun 106
Here we have Miku, alongside with the best kiss scene of the three we have seen until now. It will be so bad that Miku, my other favourite girl, competing with Nino for the best girl place, won't be the quintuplet who will get married... However she has such a great character development, the best out of the five.
And now the most interesting part of this arc begins, for me. Fuutarou knew about Ichika's, Nino's and Miku's feeling, but she doesn't know at all about Yostuba's and Itsuki's (actually, we still don't know about Itsuki's either). Next four chapters will be quite interesting.

I feel like they're dragging too much at this point.

One thing I liked about the series was how quickly the girls and Fuutarou moved ahead in their relationships. Since then there's been a lot of fake outs and cycles. Since the hot springs trip the series been going nowhere except for Yostuba's back story.

Then there's also the Itsuki Arc which at this point I have no clue how he's going ram into the story and have it still make sense and not feel like filler.
Oh I know make her the one which at this point would be worst choice.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017

One thing I liked about the series was how quickly the girls and Fuutarou moved ahead in their relationships. Since then there's been a lot of fake outs and cycles. Since the hot springs trip the series been going nowhere except for Yostuba's back story.

Then there's also the Itsuki Arc which at this point I have no clue how he's going ram into the story and have it still make sense and not feel like filler.

I think that pacing is getting slower because this arc will be quite important for the whole series. As you said, we got to a point where almost all the quintuplets moved ahead in the relationship with Fuutarou and also in their goals/life. The conclusion is really getting closer, when this arc started I was not thinking it but now I have different thoughts. It won't be the last arc, because we will still have the Itsuki arc, but by the end of 2020 the manga will be finished on my opinion.

And, about Itsuki, I really found strange how she has been developed through the story, if she has to be the winner. As I said, Ichika, Nino and iko are out in my opinion, so Itsuki's chances are higher than ever. Then she is also the first girl. I hope that at least we will get a good motivation, but I admin it won't be easy to have one. Let's see anyway, I quite liked this series, more than We Can't Study even though I found out it later (thanks again to this topic!).

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I feel the same somewhat. If feels like this arc is trying to "level the playing field' though we know that some of the girls don't actually stand a chance. Hope I'm wrong though. As Dany said, we're now getting into the two girls who feelings aren't as straight forward as Ichika, Nino, and Miku, so hopefully I find it more interesting from here on out.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Just to keep your expectations in check, there hasn't been any direct implication that any of that would happen.

I think Bass is just basing that estimate on the fact that most Shonen Jump manga will get an anime if it survives for at least a year, and SJ anime adaptations usually start airing around 2 years after the debut of their manga. It's not an exact science, but things turn out that way more often than not.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Just to keep your expectations in check, there hasn't been any direct implication that any of that would happen.

I think Bass is just basing that estimate on the fact that most Shonen Jump manga will get an anime if it survives for at least a year, and SJ anime adaptations usually start airing around 2 years after the debut of their manga. It's not an exact science, but things turn out that way more often than not.

Thores is correct, sometimes series take longer like Demon Slayer, or never get an anime at all like Psyren. It's not an exact science, but 2-3 years is usually a safe estimate for any remotely popular shonen jump series.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Mairimashita! Iruma-Kun 54- This chapter certainly is something alright, we get to see Iruma showing quite the different side of himself, anyways, as always, fun series.

Hear the anime series has already started, should maybe see that, sometimes they change things or add new scenes and i am wondering if the anime is doing that too, also, how long until Ameri sees Iruma as he is now!?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Tokyo Red Hood 1

What the fuck is wrong with Benkyo Tamaoki?

Why does this exist?

I need to bleach my soul after reading it

The tl;dr summary is
little red hood is an immortal 10 year old who'll soon be 11, she enjoys getting raped by older men as she looks for mr wolf who will eat her so she can die. She kills the men who have sex with her if they aren't able to kill her

Status
Not open for further replies.