• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 175

Lol, Kaguya is pretty much a cat this chapter.

Chainsaw Man 1 - Current

This is dumb as fuck. ...I love it.

What a very non Shounen Jump series. Brutal as hell and with a protag that's motivated by food, sleep, and T&A. Most of the characters are morally grey at best, and it's brutal as hell, with a high mortality rate among the cast. Will definitely read more. This is the perfect blend of comedy, violence, and absurdity.

firefox_Udyrqk27CD.png

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
March Comes In Like A Lion (Caught Up)

Chapters 104 and 154-155...
oS0NReU.gif

It's been a while since a series got me so hyped up that I got out of my seat and screeched like a maniac lol. Jesus.

Binged the manga after finishing both anime seasons. We need a S3...now. Just a shame how short each of these chapters are and how infrequently they come out. Still, really enjoying where the series is heading.

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
March Comes In Like A Lion (Caught Up)

Chapters 104 and 154-155...
oS0NReU.gif

It's been a while since a series got me so hyped up that I got out of my seat and screeched like a maniac lol. Jesus.

Binged the manga after finishing both anime seasons. We need a S3...now. Just a shame how short each of these chapters are and how infrequently they come out. Still, really enjoying where the series is heading.
Ah, was wondering if you were gonna start the manga.

Now help me in bugging Viz (and others) to finally license the manga. :p

NathanS

Dec 5, 2017
People aren't sure if the anime did or not. It could have just been an anime original ending, or it could have actually spoiled the manga. We're in a "wait and see" period right now.

Also if it makes you feel better, Fumino is runners up, so it's possible she'll still win. It's who I'd bet on if I were a betting man honestly.

From what I've seen things are getting, tense, less so in the Japanese side of the fandom where no one cares at all about anyone outside of the teacher, and they've decide to treat the anime as non-canon until proven otherwise and stay in high sprites. In the west with fans of a a given character facing competition some of whom understandably think they have this in the bag there's more back and forth, and arguing and doubt. And even here it seems like 90% of the energy is coming fro sad teacher fans. Largely decision seems to be sports girl fans vs long black hair girl fans well the teacher fans hold a funeral march.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, was wondering if you were gonna start the manga.

Now help me in bugging Viz (and others) to finally license the manga. :p

I'm shocked it hasnt been licensed yet. Still, glad that I can purchase the books digitally on Bookwalker so I can support the author despite not understanding a thing. Speaking of BW, seems like 3-Gatsu and 5-Toubon are doing well on their charts. What the hell is 1/10 Bride? Lol

Anyways, I gotta say,
I'm disappointed that the manga basically forgot about the Kouda family. Now that Kei has healed, I hope he can spread that positivity to his adoptive family. I really want a good end for Kyoko and the mom and we haven't seen anything about the brother yet. I just want Kyoko over the Kawamotos house for dinner and see how much Kei has changed. She deserves a warm kotatsu as well.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Didn't see Manga Taishou 2020 nominations posted here, so... here. Anyone read these besides Chainsaw Man/Spy x Family? Opinions?

226172.jpg

Ashita Shinu ni wa (Sumako Kari)
216687.jpg

Ikoku Nikki(Tomoko Yamashita)
220669.jpg

Skip to Loafer(Misaki Takamatsu)
219741.jpg

SPY×FAMILY(Tatsuya Endō)
216464.jpg

Chainsaw Man(FUJIMOTO)
157853.jpg

Wave, Listen to Me! (Nami yo Kiite Kure) (Hiroaki Samura)
204827.jpg

The Blue Period. (Tsubasa Yamaguchi)
213349.jpg

Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu (Norio Sakurai)
225679.jpg

Maki Musubi (Shin Hotani)
206107.jpg

Mystery to Iu Nakare (Do not say mystery) (Yumi Tamura of 7Seeds/Basara fame)
226118.jpg

Mizu wa Umi ni Mukatte Nagareru (Rettō Tajima)
226117.jpg

Muchū sa, Kimi ni (Yama Wayama)

I stole this from ANN, and I spotted that they had the mangaka of Mystery to Iu Nakare listed as Rui Morita (???), and I caught that mistake. Sorry if any others are wrong. 2018's winner was Beastars, and 2019 was Astra, Lost in Space

Lots of great-looking work here, and I've been meaning to sink my teeth into a number of them for over a year.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chainsaw Man 1 - Current

This is dumb as fuck. ...I love it.

What a very non Shounen Jump series. Brutal as hell and with a protag that's motivated by food, sleep, and T&A. Most of the characters are morally grey at best, and it's brutal as hell, with a high mortality rate among the cast. Will definitely read more. This is the perfect blend of comedy, violence, and absurdity.

Couldn't have said it better

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I'm shocked it hasnt been licensed yet. Still, glad that I can purchase the books digitally on Bookwalker so I can support the author despite not understanding a thing. Speaking of BW, seems like 3-Gatsu and 5-Toubon are doing well on their charts. What the hell is 1/10 Bride? Lol

Anyways, I gotta say,
I'm disappointed that the manga basically forgot about the Kouda family. Now that Kei has healed, I hope he can spread that positivity to his adoptive family. I really want a good end for Kyoko and the mom and we haven't seen anything about the brother yet. I just want Kyoko over the Kawamotos house for dinner and see how much Kei has changed. She deserves a warm kotatsu as well.
Yeah, I wanted to support Umino too so I imported 1-14 (and of course, 15 came out not long after).

I was hoping to see more from the Koudas, at least Rei and Kouda having a match together. After the small Kyoko appearance in 139, I can maybe see another interaction (more positive this time) with the sisters. And definitely wanna see something with Ayumu.

Apparently the series will cover 7 years (so she said in an interview with Chihayafuru's author). I think like 2-3 years have passed so far?

Chainsawman 54

Is this really published in Shonen jump?
I almost can't believe it.
In the same magazine as Yuuna, so yup. :P

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
he's now a man of culture. A president of humanity, so give him the rest

I mean yes, but damn, he's thirsty this chapter at the end :P

Komi
I missed Nakanaka, Yamai not so much

I seriously love Nakanaka and Yamai dynamic so much. Lots of people complain when the chapters don't center on Tadano or Komi, but I enjoy a lot this chapters because I honestly love most of the side characters.

Now I need more chapters about Naruse and Ase.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean yes, but damn, he's thirsty this chapter at the end :P

I seriously love Nakanaka and Yamai dinamic so much. Lots of people complain when the chapters don't center on Tadano or Komi, but I enjoy a lot this chapters because I honestly love most of the side characters.

Now I need more chapters about Naruse and Ase.
The nakanaka gamer chapter is one of the best.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Houseki 86

Lol we don't need to fight anymore, so I've gotten rusty

I hope Dia turns Bortz into moon dust.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I wanted to support Umino too so I imported 1-14 (and of course, 15 came out not long after).

I was hoping to see more from the Koudas, at least Rei and Kouda having a match together. After the small Kyoko appearance in 139, I can maybe see another interaction (more positive this time) with the sisters. And definitely wanna see something with Ayumu.

Apparently the series will cover 7 years (so she said in an interview with Chihayafuru's author). I think like 2-3 years have passed so far?

Dang, if that's the case we're basically just scratching the surface lol. With how little we get every year, this might not finish until I'm old and retired. Not that I'm complaining.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Dang, if that's the case we're basically just scratching the surface lol. With how little we get every year, this might not finish until I'm old and retired. Not that I'm complaining.
She and Miura are friends, so I guess it's very fitting. :P

And in case you haven't seen the awesome piece he did:
52PUdSS.png

Oct 25, 2017
Mashle: Magic & Muscles

Wow, this was terrible. This is what passes as acceptable in Jump these days?
The art was so lazy.
And you took something as lame and generic as Black Clover, and made it worse. How do you do that?!

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
What ho, Muscle Wizard 01
I know this is basically One Punch Man in a fantasy setting, but this writer has some pretty good comic timing.

Oct 25, 2017
We Never Learn 144

Nariyuki just choose your heart.

I smiled from this chapter. Im glad the girls took it in stride and friendship versus tears and sadness.

What if we get a non/no choice, does that ever happen?

Just so I can have my future nariyuki x kirisu

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Spy x Family 20
Now Anya has to really save both World's peace and her dad's life, this arc is turning out fantastic and we are only at the beginning!

We Never Learn 144
With the question Nariyuki asks Miharu, about the impact a relationship could have on an athlete, it is clear that he is considering to be really in love with uruka, but at the same time he fears that a relationship could be a serious problem for her. This chapter instead shows how Sensei cannot accept her feelings and I presume that she won't ever confess, Nariyuki will simply remain an important person for her, who helped her in understanding what to do in her life, but nothing more.
At this point, I feel we are really near to Nariyuki's confession to Uruka and to the manga's end.

Oct 25, 2017
Mashle Magic & Muscles 1

Way too similar to BLack Clover for me...though on one hand feels like Mash could be YunoAsta's son since he has both their features. Still needs some best friend or rival to really take off since alone his personality won't really carry the story.

Surprised the editorial staff let this through.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Spy Family 20
Yor is absolutely terrifying, holy shit.

I like how we're getting an extended arc out of this instead of going straight back to SoL right away. For a bit, I was worried about the spy aspect of this series getting sidelined too much over Anya's school stuff, even if this series was perfectly entertaining that way as well.

One Punch Man (Webcomic) 119-120
ONE blessed us with two chapters in one day!

Between this and the Flashy Flash arc, ONE's been writing this a bit like Mob Psycho, with these different people trying to use Saitama for their own ends, which is interesting. Some good laughs this time around and an interesting look at Sweet Mask's character, these rare releases are always fun.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Mashle: Magic & Muscles

Wow, this was terrible. This is what passes as acceptable in Jump these days?
The art was so lazy.
And you took something as lame and generic as Black Clover, and made it worse. How do you do that?!
It's clearly more influenced by MP100 and OPM than BC.

And what'd you find lazy about the art? Obviously it's not gonna wow many at all, but it seems to work very well for this kind of series.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Magic and Muscle

Is that Mob with Saitama's muscles? I'm in.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Golden Kamuy 227
The dark and terrifying side of the power of love.

Magic and Muscles 01
Had some solid gags. Curious to see how the school will be set up and if this works as a long term serialization. Parts of it were played more straight then I expected. Hard not to think of ONE when reading but only chapter one and can become its own thing.

Mitama Security 21
Baseball arc was a ton of fun. Hope this series survives.

Act Age 98
Was a little slow week to week to get this point but the pay off is worth it.

Will be a bit of a shame if they do get disqualified and the Chiyoko/Araya performance gets less than expected screen time.

Agravity Boys 6
The tag line for the series was worrying, but I'm am slowly being won over by watching these genius idiots be dumb/awful.

Jujutsu 92
Thought the Shibuya incident might conclude with the sealing, but am excited to see it escalate from here. lol at the "because it's Gojo" explanation.

I still love that the official stance of the organization was "let the broken character handle everything" and now we will see them scramble when that option is off the table.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
She and Miura are friends, so I guess it's very fitting. :P

And in case you haven't seen the awesome piece he did:
52PUdSS.png

Jesus that's incredible. Hina and Nikaido are looking badass as expected. I haven't started Berserk yet due to all of these hiatuses and I sure hope 3-Gatsu has a relatively predictable schedule going forward. I heard the author has been battling depression lately so I hope she takes care of herself first and foremost. Health is more important.

Why are none of you cowards reading "We Are Cats"? I love the way the illustrator draws the cats in this.

34628.jpg

Yeah, this manga is awesome. I started reading it randomly some time ago and the cat drawings and gags are so good. The cone cat on the roof strip had me dying.

Another amazing cat series is Wonder Cat Kyuu Chan. Recommended if you want to feel good instantly.

SkAf9tZ.gif

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spy X Family 20

Gotta get used to this long arc format. I like it, I just have to adjust to the 2 week format. Either way, I didn't realize that seeing the future could lead to Anya seeing some dark stuff.

Magic and Muscle 01

The child of Mob and One Punch Man going to Black Clover Academia.

The humor is solid enough for me to read some more.

Dr. Stone 136

Can't wait till next week so we can see how the hell Ryusui revived.

Chainsaw Man 55

I feel that if you aren't Makima, Denji, Aki (lol), or Power, your ass isn't lasting more than a couple of arcs at best.

Demon Slayer 191

The counterattack begins!

Oh wait, it failed. Horribly. Time for Tanjirou and maybe Nezuko to clean up the mess.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Pseudo Harem 1-20

This is amazing lol. I'm surprised no one has done this concept yet. It's got all of the benefits of a harem without any of the negatives and everyone wins!

The best part is that both of the leads are extremely likable and their flirting and banter is well written and entertaining. Really enjoying this one.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Pseudo Harem 1-20

This is amazing lol. I'm surprised no one has done this concept yet. It's got all of the benefits of a harem without any of the negatives and everyone wins!

The best part is that both of the leads are extremely likable and their flirting and banter is well written and entertaining. Really enjoying this one.
Definitely one of the better ones and gets even better

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
Spy x Family 20

Man, the description on war is brutal and honestly accurate. Go Anya, go save the world.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pseudo Harem 1-20

at the same time, it also has the will they wont they shit where now

theres little to no excuse as to why they arent together when they're openly flirting with each other

lmao

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely one of the better ones and gets even better

at the same time, it also has the will they wont they shit where now

theres little to no excuse as to why they arent together when they're openly flirting with each other

lmao

This is one series that definitely would have benefitted from the couple getting together early so they can just do harem shenanigans as a couple. It wouldve been funny to see the dude act as different guys for her too.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda feel like Zipman is just not going to succeed unless it shakes stuff up in a fairly big way. There's nothing wrong with the premise, but the writing and characterization... it's not good.

Jujutsu Kaisen delivering some interesting commentary this week. There's a lot of series where the boss figure is just far and away the most powerful person around, but not a lot that actually do something interesting with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.