• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh.. Manga Rock is dying fully in early March apparently. :*( At least we got some more time out of it after they initially took it off the App Store. Apparently if you paid for Premium before they'll have a "special offer" in their new app. With that in mind, if anyone has some suggestions for an app that lets you read titles that aren't a part of Manga Plus or Crunchyroll's Manga app (which I also use), feel free to share them. I know there are a lot of apps on the store but would be interested to hear personal recommendations.

If you're on Andorid, Tachiyomi is great.

Hydra_BE

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
5Toubun FIN

At first I was going to write an detailed review of the series but I think everyone made most of the points I was going to bring up. Anyways...
-After the Scrambled Eggs arc, the manga seemed to regress.
-Plot points were needlessly repeated(Papa Nakano testing Fuutaro, Miku having no confidence) or discarded(I thought Fuutaro actually cared about the identity of the Kyoto Girl? Guess not. ).
-The Kyoto arc wasn't good as the previous field trip arc, as it seemed to lose its focus halfway through. The reveal of Yotsuba as the KG was little more than a footnote.
-The plot point of the quints making it to graduation seemed not to matter either.
-The whole biological dad aspect could've have been expanded into an actual arc instead of a 3 chapter side story focused solely on one of the sisters.
-Where the hell was Takeda after the time skip?
-Fuutaro's choice doesn't need justification, but the setup was kind of poor and rushed. It didn't feel like he came to a realization, more like he made an emotionless, arbitrary decision. This was probably the downside of playing the mystery card since revealing Fuutaro's true feelings would've alienated certain ships.

With all that said, this was a good manga overall, and a good first manga for Haruba Negi. If the next manga he does is a Romcom/Harem, hopefully he can balance the mystery and romance better.

Zipman latest

Man the surveys for this manga must've been awful. It won't make it past 2 volumes at this rate. I wonder why it didn't catch on?

Chainsawman 59

👀

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ugh.. ***** is dying fully in early March apparently. :*( At least we got some more time out of it after they initially took it off the App Store. Apparently if you paid for Premium before they'll have a "special offer" in their new app. With that in mind, if anyone has some suggestions for an app that lets you read titles that aren't a part of Manga Plus or Crunchyroll's Manga app (which I also use), feel free to share them. I know there are a lot of apps on the store but would be interested to hear personal recommendations.
It seems they are trying to put a legit one. They are planning a beta test on it. I hope the catalogue will be as good as it is. I do read a lot of niche manga. Plus, the feature of getting a notification whenever a chapter is out is great.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Looks like Undead has an official Twitter account, which doesn't seem too common for a series this new, so it must be doing somewhat decent.

アンデッドアンラック公式 (@undeadunluck_of) | Twitter

The latest Tweets from アンデッドアンラック公式 (@undeadunluck_of). 「週刊少年ジャンプ」大好評連載中!「アンデッドアンラック」公式アカウントです。担当編集が作品の最新情報や、作品をさらに楽しむ情報をお知らせ致します。. 日本 東京

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Kaguya 178
I don't know if I am more intrigued by the class trip arc or "the end of secrets arc". On one side, Hayasaka will finally have a centered arc, after being a side characters most of the time. On the other time, new developments are waiting for Ishigami, and I am sure IIno will be involved too. Very good chapters await us in the near future.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Undead has an official Twitter account, which doesn't seem too common for a series this new, so it must be doing somewhat decent.

アンデッドアンラック公式 (@undeadunluck_of) | Twitter

The latest Tweets from アンデッドアンラック公式 (@undeadunluck_of). 「週刊少年ジャンプ」大好評連載中!「アンデッドアンラック」公式アカウントです。担当編集が作品の最新情報や、作品をさらに楽しむ情報をお知らせ致します。. 日本 東京

It's already getting its first volume in April. Must be crazy popular.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Cool Princess Iron Fan Yonagi art.
Btw, I love how the latest Act-Age chapter fleshed out what the potential endgame of Kuro's movie would look like beyond just Kei's role in it. Very promising.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 178
I don't know if I am more intrigued by the class trip arc or "the end of secrets arc". On one side, Hayasaka will finally have a centered arc, after being a side characters most of the time. On the other time, new developments are waiting for Ishigami, and I am sure IIno will be involved too. Very good chapters await us in the near future.
As much as I like Ishigami's love triangle and his secret most likely being revealed to the school, we're finally going to be diving into the shitstorm known as the Shinomiya household, so I'm looking forward to that more personally.

Oct 25, 2017
5Toubun FIN

At first I was going to write an detailed review of the series but I think everyone made most of the points I was going to bring up. Anyways...
-After the Scrambled Eggs arc, the manga seemed to regress.
-Plot points were needlessly repeated(Papa Nakano testing Fuutaro, Miku having no confidence) or discarded(I thought Fuutaro actually cared about the identity of the Kyoto Girl? Guess not. ).
-The Kyoto arc wasn't good as the previous field trip arc, as it seemed to lose its focus halfway through. The reveal of Yotsuba as the KG was little more than a footnote.
-The plot point of the quints making it to graduation seemed not to matter either.
-The whole biological dad aspect could've have been expanded into an actual arc instead of a 3 chapter side story focused solely on one of the sisters.
-Where the hell was Takeda after the time skip?
-Fuutaro's choice doesn't need justification, but the setup was kind of poor and rushed. It didn't feel like he came to a realization, more like he made an emotionless, arbitrary decision. This was probably the downside of playing the mystery card since revealing Fuutaro's true feelings would've alienated certain ships.

With all that said, this was a good manga overall, and a good first manga for Haruba Negi. If the next manga he does is a Romcom/Harem, hopefully he can balance the mystery and romance better.
Zipman latest

Man the surveys for this manga must've been awful. It won't make it past 2 volumes at this rate. I wonder why it didn't catch on?

Chainsawman 59

👀
Both brothers after the same girl, and putting the brothers in each other would be the two things I would change. Also the suit design and Zippers.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Quints ending is really weird.

So basically even though he marries yotsuba he has 2 lessor wifes (possibly 4 depending on ichika and itsuki feelings)

1. The fact that he can identify all 5 means he loves all five.
2. Nino and Miku obviously still loves him hard.
3. Calls themselves a weird household which means they're living together even going to honey moon together.

So it suddenly became a harem ending even though they tried to make it clear all manga it wasn't going to be. Disappointing.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am really liking it. Alberti the slow pace, every chapter has some interesting aspects, then when you read the full arc a chapter after another one, it is even more amazing.
If you aren't on board after the Galactic Railroad arc, you don't deserve good stories.
I had never heard of this before that Boichi comment above. I'll have to check it out.
It is wonderful. It is the most un-SJ manga running in SJ now, and I love it. Even though it isn't as flashy as KnY or the other action manga, the focus on character development is a welcome change of pace.

EDIT: Pseudo Harem 79

THE MAD MAN SAID IT.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
If you aren't on board after the Galactic Railroad arc, you don't deserve good stories.

It is wonderful. It is the most un-SJ manga running in SJ now, and I love it. Even though it isn't as flashy as KnY or the other action manga, the focus on character development is a welcome change of pace.

EDIT: Pseudo Harem 79

THE MAD MAN SAID IT.

Even though I agree with your opinion on Act-Age, I am still more surprised with the fact that Chainsawman is in WSJ. It feels Seinen, not completely though, but it's not far from being one.

The violence, the lewd stuff, the "dirty" look of the art, and the way the story it's being told doesn't exactly scream WSJ.

It is probably my favorite WSJ series behind One Piece, so I am so greatful that WSJ let the author don His thing.

And I am liking Act-Age more with every week.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Jujutsu Kaisen 96
Baby Gojo breaking tier lists lol

Yuji with the bunny is funny

Samurai 8 38-39
In a shocking twist, Kishimoto actually had a female character address how she shouldn't be treated as a prop by the protagonist. And it even ended up a nice character moment for both of them.

Spirit Busters 25-26
I hope that this getting two chapters in one week again and another cp points towards it surviving. It has really grown on me. Especially now that the fish spirit and their puns are a regular.

Yozakura Family 25
This serious arc was ok but I hope we go back to some hijinks with the family now. Definitely enjoy the silly side of the series more but we will see where this cliffhanger takes things.

Cool Princess Iron Fan Yonagi art.
Btw, I love how the latest Act-Age chapter fleshed out what the potential endgame of Kuro's movie would look like beyond just Kei's role in it. Very promising.

I knew Kuroyama was plotting but I was not ready for this level of 3d chess. Excited for whenever we get there.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Quints ending is really weird.

So basically even though he marries yotsuba he has 2 lessor wifes (possibly 4 depending on ichika and itsuki feelings)

1. The fact that he can identify all 5 means he loves all five.
2. Nino and Miku obviously still loves him hard.
3. Calls themselves a weird household which means they're living together even going to honey moon together.

So it suddenly became a harem ending even though they tried to make it clear all manga it wasn't going to be. Disappointing.
He can still love them as family members. Fuutarou also says in the previous chapter that he wants to be like his fathers and be a one woman man his whole life. And no, they don't live together, as Yotsuba (and only her) was stated to have moved in with Fuutarou in Tokyo in the previous chapter.

The honeymoon and last chapter more being focused on the 4 other girls rather than Yotsuba, gives off the feeling of a harem end, but it's not one at all. It's disappointing nonetheless.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
That is probably the best arc in Act-Age, but I also liked Death Island arc very much. It was the arc which made me seriously like the series. All the moments with Yonagi and Chiyoko were so good, and it was a perfect way to start a friendship-rivalry relationship which will continue in the whole series, and will culminate with the final film where the roles will be reversed (Yonagi ad lead actress, Chiyojo as supporter role) as hinted by this week's chapter.

Samurai 8 38-39
In a shocking twist, Kishimoto actually had a female character address how she shouldn't be treated as a prop by the protagonist. And it even ended up a nice character moment for both of them.
I caught up with Samurai 8 this week, after last arc didn't impress me. And I found these two chapters quite good, too. Let's see what will happen now with the new battle, considering that there is a sword of Damocles on this series, always in the bottom places of Jump's ToC.

Oct 25, 2017
Spy x Family 22

Doggy is now part of the cast! Yay! Hopefully we get a name for him next time.
I figured that Loid would shoot the bomb off the dog. No need to hurt him anymore than needed.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SPY x FAMILY 22

This manga now has a doggo so is automatically better.
JkkwoJT.gif

SPY X FAMILY 22
U4Dx4Ni.jpg

WORF

Last edited:

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
So, digging back through my Humble Bundle backlog and re-discovered that I have a pile of Kodansha manga from their manga bundles that I can read. I've already read some of them (Land of the Lustrous, Flying Witch, Mushishi, To Your Eternity, Battle Angel Alita) or watched the associated anime... which of the remaining ones on tap should I try? There's:
  • Altair: A Record of Battles
  • I'm Standing on a Million Lives
  • Pumpkin Scissors
  • Fire Force (...already aware that this one has some serious fanservice issues)
  • Clockwork Planet
  • Drifting Dragons
  • Norigami (if I remember right, I enjoyed the anime)
  • All of Attack on Titan, pretty much (20 volumes, and then 16 volumes of some spinoff?)
  • BLAME!
  • APOSIMZ
Any of those stand out? I picked these bundles since Land of the Lustrous and Mushishi are some of my all-time favorites.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
So, digging back through my Humble Bundle backlog and re-discovered that I have a pile of Kodansha manga from their manga bundles that I can read. I've already read some of them (Land of the Lustrous, Flying Witch, Mushishi, To Your Eternity, Battle Angel Alita) or watched the associated anime... which of the remaining ones on tap should I try? There's:
  • Altair: A Record of Battles
  • I'm Standing on a Million Lives
  • Pumpkin Scissors
  • Fire Force (...already aware that this one has some serious fanservice issues)
  • Clockwork Planet
  • Drifting Dragons
  • Norigami (if I remember right, I enjoyed the anime)
  • All of Attack on Titan, pretty much (20 volumes, and then 16 volumes of some spinoff?)
  • BLAME!
  • APOSIMZ
Any of those stand out? I picked these bundles since Land of the Lustrous and Mushishi are some of my all-time favorites.
I liked Altair in the same way I enjoyed Black Butler where I enjoy the journey more than the destination. I don't agree with some of the conclusions it arrives to, but I can understand where it's coming from. Add that its art is phenomenal and reminds me of Otoyomegatari and I'd say it's a good place to start.

My guilty pleasure on that list is Pumpkin Scissors though, even if it's not for everyone. It's...a complicated work that I can't call good or bad but it's still really fun to read even with all the farfetched logic and plot progression. I'd read the first three volumes to see if it grabs you.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
I liked Altair in the same way I enjoyed Black Butler where I enjoy the journey more than the destination. I don't agree with some of the conclusions it arrives to, but I can understand where it's coming from. Add that its art is phenomenal and reminds me of Otoyomegatari and I'd say it's a good place to start.

My guilty pleasure on that list is Pumpkin Scissors though, even if it's not for everyone. It's...a complicated work that I can't call good or bad but it's still really fun to read even with all the farfetched logic and plot progression. I'd read the first three volumes to see if it grabs you.
Art reminiscent of Otoyomegatari is a pretty strong recommendation. Will check it out.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Mieruko Chan 22

3 strikes. Looks like Mikos going to be in deeper shit going forward. Poor girl needs some happiness in her life.

I was stressed out that it took so long for it, but honestly it's among my favorite romantic comedies cause they had such great chemistry throughout.

The teasing definitely went on for too long but I'm happy that it actually happened and we actually see some post confession stuff. The leads have such amazing chemistry and their banter feels refreshing.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Destroy all Humankind. They Can't Be Regenerated 15
ERgF2GjXUAAIN4F

Almost an entire chapter about the relationship/developing issues, which i am 100% here for and have zero complaints. King's Game went VERY poorly lol

Status
Not open for further replies.