• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda can't believe that. There is no way they can properly end this in one chapter. There must be some drama behind the scenes to force it to end. I wonder what it could be?

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Dear resetters, let's continue on to 2018

About that, I severely broke my leg and now that the surgery has passed, I'm bound to stay at home with my leg up. Please advise me some lengthy manga to read so I can pass time
(you can see every manga I read here : https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/iCham )

Hey, hope you get well soon.

As for list of manga, the one manga I wish everyone read is Alice in Borderland.

A survival game series.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Boku-tachi ga Yarimashita

168953l.jpg

So I was meaning to read awhile ago but could never get past the first chapter. However, I take that back and decided to read 5 chapters. This manga is really something else. First, the art is amazing. Its this weird sort of blend of Akira Hiramoto (Prison School, Me and the Devil Blue) and Inio Asano (Oyasumi PunPun) It has the weird blend of melancholy, eccentrism, and a touch of surrealism. The gist of the story is basically a revenge plot that ultimately culminates into something far worst. It finished in January so I am taking my time going through it. This manga is worth checking out.

It's not easy to find someone of my niche. Good to see you.

You should read The World Is Mine if you haven't already. It's unrestrained craziness.

Zweizer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't bully me, Nagatoro ch2-4

img00001kvgjrs9e.png

First day and dude is already traumatized. Her not even bothering with his name is ice cold, lol.

Kingdom ch540

Heki really is worthless.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch38-38.5

How beautiful that her feelings reached through.

Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Chiko ch25

Huh, her lacking this knowledge is kinda weird. Poor Ruka having to explain it. At least she hasn't asked for a demonstration.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Last edited:

Zweizer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Futari Monologue ch8

img00002ugujpsrv.png

Nothing weird or too awkward happening for once. Mikage just has to be careful that her thoughts don't leak out, or maybe not.

Magan & Danai ch20

What a dedicated slob.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
How come I can't click on images to make them larger? When I do, nothing happens.

Using Chrome btw. It works on Chrome on my work PC...

And I can't just hover over my notifications, I have to click on it.

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
Prison School got me back into manga so it'll always mean something to me, but when the cavalry arc started bottoming out, it wasn't really quite the same again. Even the recent sidestory with the airport was kind of 'alright, get on with it already.' Sucks. Maybe we get more than a couple of Me and the Devil Blues chapters a year now though.

Attack on Titan ch. 100

The build up to the end of this chapter was pretty cool, actually. A declaration of war indeed.

sauce

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Exorcist up to 96

Well, I hate Yukio now lol. He reminds me of myself and that's really damn irritating

Deleted member 7156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom 540

CFKh2gg.jpg

What an useless person you are Heki.

In better news, you just killed a good part of your army in a reckless attempt at getting back at your enemies, so having your food halved is no longer a problem.

Truly a master tactician.

Magan & Danai ch20

What a dedicated slob.

I thought this was about manga & me.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Grashros 04

Really liking the series so far. A little cliche but the art and sudden violence in chapter three and this chapter sealed the deal for me.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kingdom 540

Holy shit. Heki, what the hell? I hope this is the last of him here. If i am the great general and i had one trash quality commander like him which keep ruining my tactics, i would send him to the gulag lol.

Grashros 04

Good Good. Far Cry Primal the mango lol.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't bully me Nagatoro-san 2-4

This manga is already going places. Unsettling, disturbing, and yet strangely arousing places.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Prison School Ending next chapter.

Not completely up to date but the cavalry arc really didn't do the manga any favours.

Always thought next up would be some sort of behaviour correction bootcamp the characters are sent to because of the mess they all caused and greatly reducing the male cast presence as the USC is just far more entertaining.

Actually just start a sequel with the USC

Last edited:

Deleted member 7156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Zweizer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Nagataro-san is a guilty pleasure much like Prison School was at one point. Sad to hear the latter is ending soon, but hopefully the ending isn't a complete rush job.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya 90

Great resolution to Ishigami's arc. This manga is a treasure.

Also another reminder not to mess with Kaguya ever.

Zweizer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki ch37

The best companion a player can ask for.

Attack on Titan ch100

This was a pretty cool chapter actually. Eren has really changed.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Finished Black Jack for the first time ever. Was reading through the Japanese Tezuka Complete Works for what it's worth, which seemed to publish them in release order, which apparently isn't always the case. I really enjoyed it, and it's not a huge problem as the series is so very much just about the seperate stories of each chapter rather than the overarching narrative, but...

Kind of funny that whole revenge arc just sort of stops midway through. Like, to be fair, his "revenge" against the second guy was muddled and clearly threw him for a loop (and was a damn good chapter), but I definitely don't recall the ending giving me the impression that he'd reached closure on the subject (though it took long enough to get through that I'm forgetting the fine details of the end of the chapter). And then... it just never really comes up again, outside of as part of his backstory, despite him having more targets. Also... if he did drop the revenge, it kind of muddles the part of his character where he's fixated on gathering up a vast fortune through his work, as that was shown in the first revenge chapter to be for elaborate revenge schemes, and outside of that he only throws his cash around really for the rare occassional purely altruistic act. So it's like... if he's not using it for the revenge, then why is he charging such high fees at that point?

I mean, that's all more just a curiosity than an actual "problem" really though, as I already mentioned, due to the way the manga works.

Also, he totally wrote the ending (that kind of detached train chapter) (which was at the end of my second to last volume) and then kept on going for a while, huh?

Oh, and last thought: Kind of cute how the 2004 anime used the final chapter as the first episode. I had been introduced to the series by watching a few episodes, so it made a sort of amusing little loop, as my journey started and ended at the same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.