• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
I just finished Kengan Ashura. Holy shit, I'm gonna need something to fill the hole...until the next part begins!

I can't wait to see some sort of mini timeskip happen and Imai Cosmo grow and become an even bigger beast. Definitely my favourite fighter in this manga.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Can somebody explain to me how the Manga Rock mobile apps haven't been DMCA'd out of existence?

I get that a lot of the big shit isn't on there and the iTunes page covers its ass by saying "copyrighted works might not be available in your country," but I still see stuff there that has clearly been licensed in English. Is it just that not all those companies know what's on there or just see it as another one of the approximately billion scanlation sites?

I'm just surprised because MangaRock shows up near the front page of the App Store sometimes, and it's just a really elaborate scanlation app.

Oct 25, 2017
Can somebody explain to me how the Manga Rock mobile apps haven't been DMCA'd out of existence?

I get that a lot of the big shit isn't on there and the iTunes page covers its ass by saying "copyrighted works might not be available in your country," but I still see stuff there that has clearly been licensed in English. Is it just that not all those companies know what's on there or just see it as another one of the approximately billion scanlation sites?

I'm just surprised because MangaRock shows up near the front page of the App Store sometimes, and it's just a really elaborate scanlation app.
isnt app store enforcement policies pretty terrible though, i was sure numerous other illegal movie, tv shows, even music apps exist there too, even after peoples reported them.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Re-reading Black Clover and I really love what Yūki has done with the world of Black Clover. Black Clover is almost 4 years-old and we know nothing of Asta's backstory and Yuki has done a good job of building the world of Black Clover without it revolving around Asta.

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
Kaguya: Please don't make it sound like I'm utterly helpless without you, Hayasaka
Also Kaguya: Help me, Hayasaka!

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
3gatsu chapters were good.

IMG_20190111_145430.png

IMG_20190111_162726.png

Oct 25, 2017
Finally Living Together With My Anti-Fan 32

Aw the regrets expressed over missing the guy you're crushin on to go see your grandpa's surgery :(

Ace of Diamond Act II 142-143
Dwu53xsUYAEXPqZ.jpg

Had about ten chapters backlog so time to clear it.

Love that Kawakami put himself out there to get some time with Miyuki too, the couple comment lol.

Hope Sawamura doesnt collapse under the pressure.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I finally got around to ordering that complete AKIRA boxset. Holy hell is it a thing of beauty.

Edit: also, I've been rereading some old favorites that I'd never finished. I'm closing in on 20th Century Boy's endgame (though I accidentally read 21st Century Boys before finishing the original series. Not sure how that happened). It's more than living up to my expectations. I keep waiting for the "I can't remember x-thing until a moment after I needed to" to get old, but damn the execution is flawless.

Also, been rereading Homonculous and I can't figure out what to think about it. Definitely find it more readable than Ichi the Killer, but it's quite slow and some of the dialogue exposition is an bit insane.

Last edited:

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
UQ Holder Volumes 12-15 (especially 15)

Are you fucking kidding me? I was about ready to say Akumatsu retconned the finale of Negima! but apparently he didn't with a heavy dose of what the fuck. At least we got the proper ending, the real final volume, of Negima in the sequel lol.

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
UQ Holder Volumes 12-15 (especially 15)

Are you fucking kidding me? I was about ready to say Akumatsu retconned the finale of Negima! but apparently he didn't with a heavy dose of what the fuck. At least we got the proper ending, the real final volume, of Negima in the sequel lol.

it's not retcon. It's alternate universe

Deleted member 18535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Goodnight PunPun

I've been reading this over the past couple of days and just finished it. I'm pretty conflicted on how I feel about it. I'm going to spoiler the rest because I can't talk about PunPun without going into certain details that would ruin the story if you haven't read it.

I found all of the shit with Pegasus and his cult really boring and stupid. I didn't see what purpose it served to the overarching story and what happened at the end? It seemed like when the building got blown up, he caught fire, but then a few panels later it appears like he's still alive. It was confusing just like everything else involving him and his cult.

Before reading PunPun I had read how depressing it was and how people could relate to it. I understand being able to relate to a character who suffers from depression but it seemed to be like PunPun was just a horrible person and probably a borderline psychopath. After he thinks he's killed Aiko's mom PunPun just goes full psychopath. While this is all happening Sachi is searching for PunPun and we get to look at him from different people's perspectives. However, what those people said about him did not line up at all with what we were shown within the manga itself.

One example is when Sachi is talking to the guy's daughter who PunPun rents his flat from. She says that PunPun visited her father regularly. Well, why didn't we get to see that? It would have been nice to actually see that and watch what PunPun was actually thinking as he visited with the guy. Instead, we're just told what he did and Sachi comes away thinking PunPun is a pretty good guy. It was just weird.

I get that we all show people different sides to us and we act differently depending on who we're with and the situation, but I feel like I don't know who PunPun is or what I was supposed to take away from it all. Is he just a depressed guy? Is he a psychopath waiting for another Aiko to come around so he can unleash his inner madness? His character seemed inconsistent but maybe that's the point?

I don't know. Parts of it were enjoyable but other stuff just annoyed and bored me. Like I said I'm conflicted and I'm not sure what the Hell was even happening at certain points.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally Living Together With My #1 Anti-Fan 32-38

Ugh why bimonthly updates, this is still really fun and with the duet part I got so happy and exciting. I love seeing Xiao Xiao finally break out of his shell and sing with his potential crush he wont admit to having but has. lol.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
There is no legal simul-pun for Kaguya Sama Love is War correct? Just have to wait for viz to translate the volumes? How far are they behind Japan I see 6 volumes are out on the app.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
5Toubun no Hanayome 1-68

Guzzled up all the available chapters. I don't know why I slept on this for so long. Although it's a traditionally structured, I love the earnest characterisation and vibes of the romcom that this has.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Currently reading Black Clover, at one point during the "witch forest arc" we're introduced with a Fanzell and how we're already supposed to know him and his women companions. He's supposedly Asta's sword teacher and Asta saved his life or something...
Why do I have 0 remembrance of that ?

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Currently reading Black Clover, at one point during the "witch forest arc" we're introduced with a Fanzell and how we're already supposed to know him and his women companions. He's supposedly Asta's sword teacher and Asta saved his life or something...
Why do I have 0 remembrance of that ?
They were introduced in a Black Clover Light Novel.
And yeah, how they are integrated into the manga is incredibly badly done.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
They were introduced in a Black Clover Light Novel.
And yeah, how they are integrated into the manga is incredibly badly done.

Ah thanks that got me puzzled for a while, especially since wiki list his appearance chapter as 82, exactly where I discovered him.
So my next logic question would be : are there other characters / lore elements introduced out of the manga ? Or can I keep reading with serenity ?

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Ah thanks that got me puzzled for a while, especially since wiki list his appearance chapter as 82, exactly where I discovered him.
So my next logic question would be : are there other characters / lore elements introduced out of the manga ? Or can I keep reading with serenity ?
I think that's the only instance this happened and I don't remember those characters even appearing again in the following arcs, so you should be good.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
5Toubun no Hanayome 1-68

Guzzled up all the available chapters. I don't know why I slept on this for so long. Although it's a traditionally structured, I love the earnest characterisation and vibes of the romcom that this has.

I did the same thing about a month ago. Fun little series with a MC who isn't a complete moron... most of the time.

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
Just got there the other day and it really confused me. Really weird decision, didn't like it at all

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know about manga collecting? I have a very specific request that I need help with.

What would be the best way for me to buy a Shonen Jump back issue? I specifically want to track down 'Weekly Shonen JUMP Magazine 2014 vol.32', which is the first chapter of My Hero Academia. There are only two up on ebay and they are both super expensive. Given the circulation of Shonen Jump, I would assume there would be ways for me to get a copy relatively cheaply if I had access to the Japanese market.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know about manga collecting? I have a very specific request that I need help with.

What would be the best way for me to buy a Shonen Jump back issue? I specifically want to track down 'Weekly Shonen JUMP Magazine 2014 vol.32', which is the first chapter of My Hero Academia. There are only two up on ebay and they are both super expensive. Given the circulation of Shonen Jump, I would assume there would be ways for me to get a copy relatively cheaply if I had access to the Japanese market.
Considering its heroaca, and that is its first issue, and its not available on amzn.jp unlike several other issues, and doesnt appear on a few other jp sites, I think you might have to go with the costly ebay one.

Gilgamesh

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, Al
Listening to the Jump podcast, but it seems like Viz will finally be releasing Diamond Is Unbreakable in May. It feels like it's been ages since they announced they licensed DiU.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Ao no Flag 39

xL3Y6J1_d.jpg

Absolutely phenomenal chapter. Masumi coming out and the way the author wrote about the experience and her choice to do so was incredibly well done. She usually never looks that vulnerable but the details in how she was drawn showed the state she was in.

Though now I think Touma kind of feels rejected by Taichi after his reaction to getting in his personal space.

Ugh this series is just too good.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Happiness 48

Not gonna lie, I was totally waiting for the reveal that the baby's name was Osabe, lmao.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I want to read Bakuman and a few other Shonen series, but I just feel like they're all the same.

Is D. Gray Man worth a read?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It has been over a month since I read Komi-san so
UuEBOJL.png

Komi-san chapter 177
Rei is gone but I am happy to see how much Komi grew, didn't like Rei at first but after she bonded with Komi I think I gonna miss her
Tadano and Komi suffering from the lack of each other was fun, also nice to see Tadano acknowledging that Komi is more independent now
We fonally meet Katai family they all seem to be like him except his sister that is a true bully like character. Katai also seem to communicate more. Najimi's face at the end was hilarious

And with that
yKNy4P9.png

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I meant battle manga like One Piece or D. Gray Man.

I didn't feel like clarifying, but I'm definitely going through Bakuman.

One Piece is amazing

D. Gray Man starts great but really goes off the rails when the series starts hitting it's many hiatus -> magazine change. The last 20-30 chapters I've had no fucking idea what's been going on.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
It has been over a month since I read Komi-san so
UuEBOJL.png

Komi-san chapter 177
Rei is gone but I am happy to see how much Komi grew, didn't like Rei at first but after she bonded with Komi I think I gonna miss her
Tadano and Komi suffering from the lack of each other was fun, also nice to see Tadano acknowledging that Komi is more independent now
We fonally meet Katai family they all seem to be like him except his sister that is a true bully like character. Katai also seem to communicate more. Najimi's face at the end was hilarious

And with that
yKNy4P9.png
I may have cheered a bit during the horror movie scene when Komi grabbed Tadano's sleeve.

That is a lie! B-Dubs cheered so much the people on the train next to him gave him a funny look!

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
I did the same thing about a month ago. Fun little series with a MC who isn't a complete moron... most of the time.
The MC can be a bit of a dick, but what is he gonna do? From his perspective, if he actually started dating one of the quintuplets, the amount of potential heartbreak, infighting and conflict would be a hurdle to their studies.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I meant battle manga like One Piece or D. Gray Man.

I didn't feel like clarifying, but I'm definitely going through Bakuman.

But Bakuman isn't a battle manga (assuming I understood you, otherwise pardon me), it's a totally different genre. And anyway I liked it very much, so I suggest you to start to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.